or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool

The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool - Page 5

post #161 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Just you wait, Hassan! Busness abides, it do.

But I've got money on this.
post #162 of 383
Rahm is already under the bus. He just doesn't know it yet.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #163 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Rahm is already under the bus. He just doesn't know it yet.

The implications of this are terrifying.

How do I know that I, myself, am not already under the bus myself?

Indeed, how do any of us know?

That we are not UNDER THE BUS?
post #164 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

How do you even know there is a Bus?

Oh! trumpy said there was so it must be true!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #165 of 383
Quote:

Hassan: do not worry, my friend. You are not under the bus. The bus is OVER you.
post #166 of 383
It's busses all the way down.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #167 of 383
Quote:

It's busses all the way down.

With Hassan, and then Rahm, and then turtles.

OMFG. What if it's not turtles. What if it's RAHM EMMANUELS ALL THE WAY DOWN?
post #168 of 383
Quote:

with hassan, and then rahm, and then turtles.

Omfg. What if it's not turtles. What if it's rahm emmanuels all the way down?

aAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #169 of 383
I DON'T WANT TO BE UNDER THE TURTLES, RAHM EMANUEL AND THE BUS!

Someone talk me down. I'm SCARED.
post #170 of 383
Doesn't Jesus have a parable about turtles, Rahm Emmanuel, and the bus, at some point?

I think after he turned a waiter onto wine? Which allowed him to take up his tips and walk, albeit straight into a wall?
post #171 of 383
Crawl with the turtles, be one together. Be the turtle.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #172 of 383
Quote:

Doesn't Jesus have a parable about turtles, Rahm Emmanuel, and the bus, at some point?

I think after he turned a waiter onto wine? Which allowed him to take up his tips and walk, albeit straight into a wall?

Yes. There is such a parable.

Behold, there went out a President-elect of the United States to nominate cabinet positions: And it came to pass, as he nominated, some fell by the way side, and the Republicans of the blogosphere came and devoured them up. And some nominees the Republicans were sure were just like Sarah Palin's choice as VP by McCain, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. And some fell among Political Outsider, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some a hundred. And some were thrown under busses with the turtles, Hassan i Sabbah, and Rahm Emmanuel. And he said unto them, He that has ears to hear, let him hear.
post #173 of 383
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round
Round and round
All over Rahm

The wingnuts on the bus go bupmpety bump
Bupmpety bump
Bupmpety bump
All over Rahm
post #174 of 383

Rahm Emanuel is the man in the middle of The Gauntlet!
post #175 of 383
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #176 of 383
I don't want this thread to die without knowing if I am under the bus or not.

Me, not the thread.

If am under the bus I cannot for the life of me see Rahm under here.

Unless he's been eaten by the turtles.

In which case... am I next?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
post #177 of 383
Quote:

I don't want this thread to die without knowing if I am under the bus or not.

Me, not the thread.

If am under the bus I cannot for the life of me see Rahm under here.

Unless he's been eaten by the turtles.

In which case... am I next?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

http://www.gazettetimes.com/gtblogs/kyle_odegard/?p=73

Quote:
Monster turtle

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...deoID=15490755

post #178 of 383
post #179 of 383
OK, I hate to play the moderator, but can we return to topic? Art, I like turtles as much as the next man under the bus but this isn't the time for internet memes, fucking hilarious or not.

BARACK OBAMA IS ABOUT TO BE SWORN IN.

And his CHIEF OF STAFF MIGHT HAVE TO BE THROWN UNDER THE BUS.

Here is the beginning of this thread.

Quote:
trumptman wrote:
So it is pretty clear to most that the reason Rahm probably isn't talking is because he probably was the one doing the talking.

So what is your pick for date and time that he will thrown under the bus and tossed aside by Obama?

What are your thoughts?
post #180 of 383
Quote:

OK, I hate to play the moderator, but can we return to topic? Art, I like turtles as much as the next man under the bus but this isn't the time for internet memes, fucking hilarious or not.
BARACK OBAMA IS ABOUT TO BE SWORN IN.
And his CHIEF OF STAFF MIGHT HAVE TO BE THROWN UNDER THE BUS.
Here is the beginning of this thread.
What are your thoughts?

I'm sorry, but where the fuck is Rahm Emanuel anyway?

Africa? Israel? Under a bus? Where?
post #181 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ artman View Post

i'm sorry, but where the fuck is rahm emanuel anyway?

Africa? Israel? Under a bus? Where?

Exactly.
post #182 of 383
Has Nick responded to this thread since he started it? OMG. What if Trumptman is under the bus?!
post #183 of 383
Quote:

Has Nick responded to this thread since he started it? OMG. What if Trumptman is under the bus?!

Yes, he has. But he hasn't posted for a couple of days.

OK, I hope he's not under the bus. \
post #184 of 383
The school where I work is spending a fair amount of money to abruptly bring HD cable into the theater so the assembled students can watch the swearing in. Liberal mind control, for sure.

But imagine the terror transfixing their radiant young faces when they are confronted with the spectacle of RAHM THROWN UNDER A BUS ON A FIFTEEN FOOT SCREEN IN HD. WITH SURROUND SOUND. BY A SHIRTLESS, BELLOWING OBAMA.

Then he walks to the podium, takes a drag on his cigarette, and says, "Do. Not. Fuck. With. Me."

The children exit, weeping.
post #185 of 383
Huh. The school where I work is planning on re-showing the 2000 inauguration again.
post #186 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Round and round
Round and round
All over Rahm

Bupmpety bump
Bupmpety bump
All over Rahm

Rahm under the bus goes
AAGGGGAGGRGRGRGG
AHGHAHGHRGRHAGHA
AGHRHGHHHAHHAHHR
Rahm under the bus goes
AHGHHGHHHAHHGHHH
Underneath the bus.
post #187 of 383
You know, I've come to love the bus watch. It brings a much needed sense of stability and tradition to my life.

It's like a roadside shrine, where we all bring bits of colored glass and string and scrawled doggerel to lay amongst the faded flowers. Soon, we'll forget just why we come. Or why our throats catch, just a little, when it's time to go.
post #188 of 383
Rahm, oh Rahm you were 2 be
Cheif of staff, 4 all to see
But for hot rod and the right-wing-blogs
You would not have been thrown under the no. 43
post #189 of 383
I come here from time to time to check the bus schedule.

Why is the bus so darned late? Some people early on were very sure of its imminent arrival... but they have stopped posting schedule updates.

What are we to do?
Must be a Greyhound. The one that came through my tiny hometown was never on time.

post #190 of 383
post #191 of 383
You are now asking me to imagine Rahm Emanuel as equivalent to a little Japanese girl with an umbrella waiting beside a bipedal panda-like badger of unknown spiritual provenance, a creature I assume to be Barack Obama and which will throw Rahm, umbrella and all, under the bus when it arrives.
post #192 of 383
We have a possible new arrival to thrown under that bus while awaiting the indictment Blago and leaks and other such things associated with it, we have a treasury secretary nominee who can't remember to pay his own taxes.

Wow, if vetting is proof of presidential timbre then we are all truly fucked for the next four years.

But don't worry because according to our president-elect, forgetting to pay $34k in taxes over several years is just an "honest mistake." I'm keeping that quote for my own tax defense purposes in the event I'm ever audited.

I hope they confirm him so instead of talking about buses we can move on to "We're just above the law bitches!" I think it rolls off the tongue so much better. Plus we need someone to run the treasury who can't do their own income taxes. That would be totally hopey and changey from before.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #193 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

We have a possible new arrival to thrown under that bus while awaiting the indictment Blago and leaks and other such things associated with it, we have a treasury secretary nominee who can't remember to pay his own taxes.

Wow, if vetting is proof of presidential timbre then we are all truly fucked for the next four years.

But don't worry because according to our president-elect, forgetting to pay $34k in taxes over several years is just an "honest mistake." I'm keeping that quote for my own tax defense purposes in the event I'm ever audited.

I hope they confirm him so instead of talking about buses we can move on to "We're just above the law bitches!" I think it rolls off the tongue so much better. Plus we need someone to run the treasury who can't do their own income taxes. That would be totally hopey and changey from before.

God! What a scandal!!!!!!

The link from your link :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_157644.html

Quote:
Geithner's Tax Error A Common One, Expert Says

Quote:
News broke late Tuesday afternoon that Treasury Secretary nominee Timothy Geithner had for several years employed a housekeeper without proper immigration papers and, separately, had failed to pay taxes for self-employment.

How long do we have to wait for this bus?
post #194 of 383
Youre still really angry that John McCain lost after it was pointed out that chosing Sarah Palin (an untravelled, inarticulate religious fundamentalist with no understanding of foreign policy and a pending abuse of power hearing scheduled for just before the election) to be his running mate after two meetings of less than an hour might possibly reflect badly on his judgement, arent you?

Enough obfuscation!

When is Rahm going to be thrown under the bus?

Also, I think you meant 'timber' rather than 'timbre'. You can test someone's timber, but not their timbre. Unless they are a cymbal.
post #195 of 383
"Ladies and Gentleman, as you've no doubt noticed, the bus is somewhat delayed. While you're waiting, please enjoy...... puppets!"
post #196 of 383
On my way in to work this morning, I thought I saw Rahm waiting for the bus. Makes sense that he'd be here, since Sundance starts this weekend and all.
post #197 of 383
Quote:
Burris will be sworn in on January 15 at 2:00 P.M. (EST) by President of the Senate Dick the Head.[18][19]

Quote:
However, the DOJ asked for a 90-day extension until April 7, 2009,[27] which was granted on January 5, 2009.[22]

Damn!

The Rahm Thrown Under The Bus Wait, Wash, Rinse, and Repeat Watch is going to take some time.

Perhaps to infinity and beyond!

Methinks, this thread should instead be devoted to the;

Rod Blagojevich corruption charges

In any case all Democrats are guilty.

Of something.

Of anything.

See, it's just a matter of if all Democrats are behind the bars or above the law.

1) Throw Rahm behind the bars or 2) throw Rahm above the law.

Those are your only choices, pick one.

I have it on good authority, that this logic is flawless.
post #198 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

God! What a scandal!!!!!!

The link from your link :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_157644.html

How long do we have to wait for this bus?

He forgot his taxes, he forgot the illegal housekeeper's taxes. He did this for several years.

It is a simple and yes, common, just a common mistake.

How many years have you forgotten to pay your taxes Jimmac?

Quote:

Youre still really angry that John McCain lost after it was pointed out that chosing Sarah Palin (an untravelled, inarticulate religious fundamentalist with no understanding of foreign policy and a pending abuse of power hearing scheduled for just before the election) to be his running mate after two meetings of less than an hour might possibly reflect badly on his judgement, arent you?

Enough obfuscation!

When is Rahm going to be thrown under the bus?

Also, I think you meant 'timber' rather than 'timbre'. You can test someone's timber, but not their timbre. Unless they are a cymbal.

Who's angry? I'm as happy as can be. It thrills me to no end to watch Democrats get crucified with their own moral code because it helps prove it was just made up crap and that they have no scruples or principles.

I mean just imagine if someone at Haliburton was indicted in a pay for play scandal. No one would dare attempt guilt by association with Cheney would they? See with the double standard so clear, it is just fun for me. It is hilarious to watch someone attempt to explain why our treasury secretary doesn't understand how to pay his taxes, and he will be in charge of taxes. It thrills me to have ponder the supposedly pious Obama who didn't know what was going on in his church for a decade or two, explaining how 21 or so calls are needed to forward a list to a governor.

Rationalizations aside, nothing makes me happier than watching the Democrats take the same and even worse actions which show how completely full of shit they happen to be.

You can't imagine how happy I am right now.

Statements like deficits of a trillion+ a year and this will go on for years... all under Democratic rule. Thrilling for me.

Finally, we don't even have an inaugeration yet and we have gone from ignoring the bus(Emanual), to quitting to be investigated for the good of America(Richardson) to "It's an honest mistake" and it doesn't matter what you want because we're above the law anyway bitches! Hahahahaha

See, here is what you don't get and why you don't understand about me being so happy. Most on here use the argument of desiring and creating a false equivalence. It is the "you only think I'm cheating on you because you forgot our anniversary" dismissal. So when I find out you're not only fucking my best friend, but were blowing a donkey at the same time, it does make be a tiny bit sad but mostly makes me happy to see you were so full of shit.

Sorry about the early morning typo. Get over it.

Quote:

"Ladies and Gentleman, as you've no doubt noticed, the bus is somewhat delayed. While you're waiting, please enjoy...... puppets!"

post #199 of 383
Quote:

He forgot his taxes, he forgot the illegal housekeeper's taxes. He did this for several years.

It is a simple and yes, common, just a common mistake.

How many years have you forgotten to pay your taxes Jimmac?

I think it is important that Geither's tax problems be as misrepresented as they possibly can. HE DIDN'T PAY ANY TAXES AT ALL! FOR YEARS!
post #200 of 383
Quote:

See, here is what you don't get and why you don't understand about me being so happy. Most on here use the argument of desiring and creating a false equivalence. It is the "you only think I'm cheating on you because you forgot our anniversary" dismissal. So when I find out you're not only fucking my best friend, but were blowing a donkey at the same time, it does make be a tiny bit sad but mostly makes me happy to see you were so full of shit.

Can we all see just a bit more along these lines going forward?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool