or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool - Page 6

post #201 of 383
Its pretty clear that the Republican party is more important to you, trumpt, than America. Geither is one of the key people that will hopefully get us out of this mess - and you want to replace him with 2nd best because of some minor things getting used to paint the Democrats as "bad"?

And how are the trillion dollar defects the fault of Democrats? Saying that is like shooting somebody and blaming them for bleeding.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #202 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I think it is important that Geither's tax problems be as misrepresented as they possibly can. HE DIDN'T PAY ANY TAXES AT ALL! FOR YEARS!

Funny you should mention AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Its pretty clear that the Republican party is more important to you, trumpt, than America. Geither is one of the key people that will hopefully get us out of this mess - and you want to replace him with 2nd best because of some minor things getting used to paint the Democrats as "bad"?

And how are the trillion dollar defects the fault of Democrats? Saying that is like shooting somebody and blaming them for bleeding.

How are trillion dollar deficits the fault of the Democrats? How about we start with the fact that they were only $200 billion a year under Republicans with promises of earmark reform and paygo reform to eliminate even that $200 billion. Instead we are now at record deficits with competing plans to see who can spend $700-$850 billion the fastest.

You know I've followed this stuff for a while and called it financially as well as it can be called. Even now the demands for banks to make bad loans have returned. The fed is driving the price of treasuries down into negative territory to force banks to seek returns elsewhere and those returns are RISKIER.

What you don't see is that the federal govenment is now the "solution" to the problems they create. The banks are just part of the carnage. Much like how grants and loans intended to make college "affordable" have instead allowed it to defy inflation for decades and made it even more unaffordable, much like how health care becomes more unaffordable each day the government is involved, the solution is the problem.

So let me fix your analogy. The Republicans were quacks that applied some leeches to fix the economy. The Democrats claimed they were quacks and now want to go big to solve the problems they created. Instead of using leeches, they are just going to slit our throats and bleed us out proper.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #203 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Funny you should mention AP.

It is funny that my link to a FAQ about this and your link to an hysterical liberal media conspiracy site are unrelated.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #204 of 383
The FY2008 budget deficit was $455,000,000,000.00 (aka $455 billion).

The FY2009 budget deficit (through 12/31/2008) stands at $485,000,000,000.00 (aka $485 billion).

The FY2009 gross public debt increased (through 12/31/2008) an additional $675,000,000,000.00 (aka $675 billion).

We are only three months into all of FY2009!

The CBO estimates the FY2009 budget deficit as $1,186,000,000,000.00 (aka $1.186 trillion).

The FY2009 budget year is Bush's last fiscal year, he submitted a budget for FY2009, and Congress approved budget authority through March 6th, 2009.

FY2009 will go on record as Bush's last fiscal year, just as FY2001 was Clinton's last fiscal year, just as FY1993 was Bush 41's last fiscal year, just as FY1989 was Reagan's last fiscal year..., ad infinitum, ad nauseam (almost that is).

Stay tuned for that 2nd $350,000,000,000.00 (aka $350 billion) tranche to pass the Senate today.

On Bush's watch.

During Bush's last official fiscal year, that last fiscal year being the entire fiscal year of 2009 (aka FY2009).

The gross public debt increased by $1,017,000,000,000.00 (aka $1.017 trillion) in FY2008.

So Bush gave us our first trillion dollar budget deficit, and our 1st and 2nd trillion increases in the gross public debt.

I hereby declare the current business cycle downturn ...

The Bush Depression!



Does anyone else wonder why the Republicans lost seats in both houses of Congress for the 2nd time in a row?

Or why the Republicans lost the 2008 presidential election?

By more than 9,500,000 (aka 9.5 million) votes?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #205 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

It is funny that my link to a FAQ about this and your link to an hysterical liberal media conspiracy site are unrelated.

Perhaps you should see that the ever evolving AP stories reflect bias and your FAQ of Obama talking points should be dismissed as the crap it reflects. Here is a good question for your FAQ.

Q. Why did he not rectify these problems until Obama nominated him, problems he was aware of and that went clear back to 2001?

A. He wanted to keep the cash, they hadn't audited those years and clearly although he knew he had done wrong in those years due to being audited in 2003 and 2004, why go back and give the government their cash until someone nominates you for something high profile and you have to fix it to get the post under the guise of an "honest mistake."

No amount of "honest mistakes" or FAQ talking point cover can obscure the fact that he was reimbursed for taxes he didn't pay, that he choose not to pay them and continued to choose not to pay them even after having later mistakes uncovered. He finally fixed it all when nominated and not before.

You do demonstrate to an ability to unrelate things rather quickly, things like competence and actions that would determine competence.

Democrats, they have all the best ideas but their ability to personally implement them is crap so let's multiply that by 300 million people and let good intentions help us ignore the reality.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #206 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

It is funny that my link to a FAQ about this and your link to an hysterical liberal media conspiracy site are unrelated.

I guess it has something to do with the liberal media. Which is probably also why the first account Trumpt linked to was from the former Bush flak that got hired by the liberal LA Times.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #207 of 383
So is the Throw Rahm Under the Bus thread now about the Liberal Who Doesn't Pay Taxes?

That makes me sad. If the Liberal Who Doesn't Pay Taxes gets confirmed, will this thread get to be about throwing Rahm under the bus again? Or will there be some other random bad thing that a liberal has done to talk about?

If so, can we continue to quietly talk about busses, in the back? Because I liked my shrine better before they remodeled.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #208 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Its pretty clear that the Republican party is more important to you, trumpt, than America.

That's been pretty clear for a long, long time. Actually, though, it's not just his love for/promotion of the Republicans. It's his utter hatred (irrational hatred) for anything "liberal", including every single soul who may call themselves a Democrat. It is hate, hate, hate, 24/7. He is the middle class, unknown, male Ann Coulter.
post #209 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

So is the Throw Rahm Under the Bus thread now about the Liberal Who Doesn't Pay Taxes?

That makes me sad. If the Liberal Who Doesn't Pay Taxes gets confirmed, will this thread get to be about throwing Rahm under the bus again? Or will there be some other random bad thing that a liberal has done to talk about?

If so, can we continue to quietly talk about busses, in the back? Because I liked my shrine better before they remodeled.

Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #210 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I guess it has something to do with the liberal media. Which is probably also why the first account Trumpt linked to was from the former Bush flak that got hired by the liberal LA Times.

Me, I'm just fond of how this is about a guy who "didn't pay any taxes," when that is patently false.

I wonder if Rahm Emmanual will rise up from under the bus and turtles and Hassan i Sabbahs and drag him down?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #211 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Its pretty clear that the Republican party is more important to you, trumpt, than America.

You know, I've recently begun thinking about conservatives and "the base" in precisely those terms, and I'd love to hear someone ask a prominent conservative whether their country is more important than their political ideology.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #212 of 383
This thread is for discussion of the spatial relationship between Emanuel 'Rahm' Emanuel and public transport.

If you want to discuss George Bush's incompetent evisceration of the American economy, start a new thread. Thanks.
post #213 of 383
post #214 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

So is the Throw Rahm Under the Bus thread now about the Liberal Who Doesn't Pay Taxes?

That makes me sad. If the Liberal Who Doesn't Pay Taxes gets confirmed, will this thread get to be about throwing Rahm under the bus again? Or will there be some other random bad thing that a liberal has done to talk about?

If so, can we continue to quietly talk about busses, in the back? Because I liked my shrine better before they remodeled.

Well I'm trying to keep it focused but the Obama vetting team isn't helping matters much. Sure we all know that this would be proof of total incompetence if it were John McCain and with Obama all these matters are "good for the country" and "honest mistakes" but still we endeavor on. Think about how many "random bad things" will happen when Obama actually has power. We still have all those Bill Clinton donors who need favors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That's been pretty clear for a long, long time. Actually, though, it's not just his love for/promotion of the Republicans. It's his utter hatred (irrational hatred) for anything "liberal", including every single soul who may call themselves a Democrat. It is hate, hate, hate, 24/7. He is the middle class, unknown, male Ann Coulter.

Wait.. is it utter hatred or irrational hatred? Also just repeating hate over and over, I would think that with such a "clean and articulate" presidential elect with such smart star power in his cabinet, that good Democrats like yourself could afford a thesaurus.

Don't worry about that clean and articulate bit, it isn't racist. Just ask the VP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Me, I'm just fond of how this is about a guy who "didn't pay any taxes," when that is patently false.

I wonder if Rahm Emmanual will rise up from under the bus and turtles and Hassan i Sabbahs and drag him down?

I'm going to call you on this. When people change words to change claims, you are usually the first to jump on it. You find for me the claim that he never paid any taxes. Otherwise you are creating a strawman to knock down.

People want to dismiss this as just sloppy. Why would we want someone so sloppy with their own paperwork and personal matters to just fly on through confirmation? It sounds like you want to follow his example and embrace TeH SLoPPy.

Is that the change and hope we all will get now? More sloppy than the Bush administration? How about doing more good for the country via Pay for Play than the Bush administration?

I'm glad we have all the bus talk though. Obama is clearly putting them to use whereas Ray Nagin just left them sitting there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

You know, I've recently begun thinking about conservatives and "the base" in precisely those terms, and I'd love to hear someone ask a prominent conservative whether their country is more important than their political ideology.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #215 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Obama is clearly putting them to use whereas Ray Nagin just left them sitting there.

Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #216 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

This thread is for discussion of the spatial relationship between Emanuel 'Rahm' Emanuel and public transport.

If you want to discuss George Bush's incompetent evisceration of the American economy, start a new thread. Thanks.

As the originator of this thread I'll be the "decider" of thread topic appropriateness thank you.

Besides you are the only one who placed a time for the pool. No one else wanted to fill in a square of time. You chose never.

Finally as a proper betting pool we all need to agree to a fixed amount and pick our poison.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #217 of 383
[CENTER]
CONFIRMED![/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #218 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So let me fix your analogy. The Republicans were quacks that applied some leeches to fix the economy. The Democrats claimed they were quacks and now want to go big to solve the problems they created. Instead of using leeches, they are just going to slit our throats and bleed us out proper.

The treasury and Fed spent a combined $4 billion in the last six months trying to buy their way out of this - and I think it is working, look at the Libor rate.

How exactly are the Democrats doing worse things, as your analogy implies? They just seem to be continuing to try and fix the problems. The infrastructure spend is a good idea. And trying to pin BS charges against Obama appointees would only make things worse, as we would get less than ideal people in place, regardless of the plan.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #219 of 383
Goddamn Republicans.

Quote:
Several key Finance Committee Republicans have already voiced strong support for Geithner, saying that Obama needs to have his full economic team in place quickly in order to deal with the ongoing financial crisis facing the country.

I think hes a very fine man, said Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah). Im not one who holds mistakes against people. And, I believe, having chatted with him personally about this, it was an error and a mistake that human beings can make.

Another Finance Committee member, Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine), said that the information about Geithner was troubling and concerning and that it was critical that members of the committee meet with him before his hearing to ask him about it. But, Snowe said, Based on that review and his answers to our questions, I believe the process should move forward and that these regrettable issues ultimately should not preclude support for his nomination at this time of monumental challenges for our economy.

Sen. Bob Bennett (R-Utah) joked that Geithner was just cruising along with the traffic he may have broken the speed limit, but he wasnt weaving in and out of lanes, he wasnt drunk and he wasnt endangering anybody.

Except maybe that bus. \
post #220 of 383
In the photo above.... what is the guy to the right (the left of the two guys on the right) doing?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #221 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

In the photo above.... what is the guy to the right (the left of the two guys on the right) doing?

Why, that's Rahm of course, under the bus, fixing the transmission.

Rahm started out his career as a busboy.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #222 of 383
Oh! I see!

This thread isn't actually about Rahm and busses, at all!

It's about the terribleness of the liberal media and the unfair and unbalanced way bad vetting gets reported, and Rahm is just an expedient example of bad vetting, because he's guilty of crimes....... he apparently hasn't committed............ so that Obama will have to jettison him, post vetting........... except he hasn't and won't.......... any minute now.........which proves..........

Hey look! An different Obama pick who doesn't pay taxes! Which, combined with the previous non-event, means Sarah Palin and John McCain.........

Oh, fuck it. Too much trouble.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #223 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It's about the terribleness of the liberal media

Sadly, it seems to be what just about every thread winds up being about these days.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #224 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Sadly, it seems to be what just about every thread winds up being about these days.

Yes, it's part of the conservative post-modern agenda, which posits that knowledge is unknowable, so why no make something up?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #225 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Why, that's Rahm of course, under the bus, fixing the transmission.

Rahm started out his career as a busboy.

Yes, yes, I can plainly see Rahm under the bus; his initials are clearly etched in his two souls. (!!)

Look to the right in the photo and there are two guys standing in front of some trucks. The one on the left is doing something... what?

The Bus Dance?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #226 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

The treasury and Fed spent a combined $4 billion in the last six months trying to buy their way out of this - and I think it is working, look at the Libor rate.

How exactly are the Democrats doing worse things, as your analogy implies? They just seem to be continuing to try and fix the problems. The infrastructure spend is a good idea. And trying to pin BS charges against Obama appointees would only make things worse, as we would get less than ideal people in place, regardless of the plan.

Billion? The rates are dropping not because banks want them to, but because the fed has set and will defend the rate it wants.

I'll be happy to entertain how creating a new bubble fixes the problem. It doesn't. Infrastructure is a good idea but not when we are charging it off on the grandkids because an entire generation can't tolerate an iota of financial pain, especially a few years before they retire with the dimes they haven't saved.

One of the reasons people wanted the ability to access such leverage was because the government claimed they made it "safe" and to try to better the miserable return.

Please feel free to explain how banks earning 1% return on their loaned capital are going to stop being broke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Goddamn Republicans.

Except maybe that bus. \

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh! I see!

This thread isn't actually about Rahm and busses, at all!

It's about the terribleness of the liberal media and the unfair and unbalanced way bad vetting gets reported, and Rahm is just an expedient example of bad vetting, because he's guilty of crimes....... he apparently hasn't committed............ so that Obama will have to jettison him, post vetting........... except he hasn't and won't.......... any minute now.........which proves..........

Hey look! An different Obama pick who doesn't pay taxes! Which, combined with the previous non-event, means Sarah Palin and John McCain.........

Oh, fuck it. Too much trouble.

All the goddamns and fuck its and exclamation points and I'm the angry one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Sadly, it seems to be what just about every thread winds up being about these days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yes, it's part of the conservative post-modern agenda, which posits that knowledge is unknowable, so why no make something up?

I thought such cynicism was outlawed in the Age of Obama. Why cynicism itself is just a conservative meme being pushed by talking point trying to stop our lord and messiah Obama from fulfilling his destiny.

I'm kind of picturing that Twilight Zone episode only instead of Obama wishing people off to the corn field, they end up under a bus.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #227 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman

I'm going to call you on this. ... You find for me the claim that he never paid any taxes. Otherwise you are creating a strawman to knock down.

Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

He forgot his taxes, he forgot the illegal housekeeper's taxes. He did this for several years.

It is a simple and yes, common, just a common mistake.

How many years have you forgotten to pay your taxes Jimmac?

I see. By "his taxes" you mean "his social security taxes and forgetting to file as self-employed." You don't actually mean "his taxes." You mean "some of his taxes." And when you asked jimmac whether he'd ever forgotten to pay his taxes, you meant some element of his taxes, not all of his taxes.

Totally clear there, you betcha.

At any rate, can we get an update on the proximity of Rahm to the bus undercarriage?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #228 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Billion? The rates are dropping not because banks want them to, but because the fed has set and will defend the rate it wants.

Not even close to true. Dropping the fed funds rate did nothing to halt the exponential LIBOR rise - it was really low to start out with. The LIBOR rate dropped when they put the 350 billion into the banks.

And sorry, that was 4 trillion, not billion.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #229 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

All the goddamns and fuck its and exclamation points and I'm the angry one.

Yes! Exclamation points invariably indicate anger, in English! As do dreadful swear words, the provenance of the enraged, generally!

Whereas a deeply resentful, paranoid and cramped world view is an expression of joie de vivre!


Quote:
I thought such cynicism was outlawed in the Age of Obama. Why cynicism itself is just a conservative meme being pushed by talking point trying to stop our lord and messiah Obama from fulfilling his destiny.

I'm kind of picturing that Twilight Zone episode only instead of Obama wishing people off to the corn field, they end up under a bus.

See, this isn't so much snark going to 11 as it is snark wandering around down by the docks, importuning merchant seamen and humming tunelessly.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #230 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Yes, yes, I can plainly see Rahm under the bus; his initials are clearly etched in his two souls. (!!)

Look to the right in the photo and there are two guys standing in front of some trucks. The one on the left is doing something... what?

The Bus Dance?

Oh OK.

A paranoid meth addict jonesing after being up for two straight weeks.

He thinks the guy on his left narked on him and is trying to hide behind him as what he thinks is a cop car approaches stage left.

Rahm is "The Cook" and the bus is really a meth lab on wheels.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #231 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Fair enough.

I see. By "his taxes" you mean "his social security taxes and forgetting to file as self-employed." You don't actually mean "his taxes." You mean "some of his taxes." And when you asked jimmac whether he'd ever forgotten to pay his taxes, you meant some element of his taxes, not all of his taxes.

Totally clear there, you betcha.

At any rate, can we get an update on the proximity of Rahm to the bus undercarriage?

Did you think I meant he was running out of stories with purchased items while avoiding sales tax and also somehow forgoing the payment of property taxes?

As for the at any rate part... let's reexamine the thread premise, shall we?

So it is pretty clear to most that the reason Rahm probably isn't talking is because he probably was the one doing the talking.

So what is your pick for date and time that he will thrown under the bus and tossed aside by Obama?


Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Not even close to true. Dropping the fed funds rate did nothing to halt the exponential LIBOR rise - it was really low to start out with. The LIBOR rate dropped when they put the 350 billion into the banks.

And sorry, that was 4 trillion, not billion.

As I said, the fed will defend the lending rate they want. Would you care to explain who "they" are that put $350 billion into banks?

I guess what I really mean is when the fed is lending at a lower rate and then when they erase the need for the higher LIBOR rate by claiming the remove the risk via investing this $350 billion, then they certainly have controlled the rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yes! Exclamation points invariably indicate anger, in English! As do dreadful swear words, the provenance of the enraged, generally!

Whereas a deeply resentful, paranoid and cramped world view is an expression of joie de vivre!

See, this isn't so much snark going to 11 as it is snark wandering around down by the docks, importuning merchant seamen and humming tunelessly.

Enjoy your labels. Labeling helps you avoid the thoughts and thus thinking. I mean why engage and think about what is paranoid and cramped? Better to just label it and shove it to that unthinking corner of your mind.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #232 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Did you think I meant he was running out of stories with purchased items while avoiding sales tax and also somehow forgoing the payment of property taxes?

I just assumed that you were trying to misrepresent his offense in such a way that you had a little wiggle room to clarify what you "meant" while also getting in a snarky response. Maybe I was wrong.

Quote:
As for the at any rate part... let's reexamine the thread premise, shall we?

So it is pretty clear to most that the reason Rahm probably isn't talking is because he probably was the one doing the talking.

So what is your pick for date and time that he will thrown under the bus and tossed aside by Obama?

Sure. He won't. Ever. In fact, Rahm Emmanuel will be the default COS for all presidents to follow.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #233 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So what is your pick for date and time that he will thrown under the bus and tossed aside by Obama?

Sometime between now and January 20, 2017 at high noon EST.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #234 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So it is pretty clear to most that the reason Rahm probably isn't talking is because he probably was the one doing the talking.

Actually, no.

The real reason he's not talking at all, to anyone, anywhere, at anytime, should be all too obvious.

The trolls get to go unfeed. \
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #235 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Actually, no.

The real reason he's not talking at all, to anyone, anywhere, at anytime, should be all too obvious.

He isn't?

Not to anyone? Anywhere? At any time?

Not even to shout "PLEASE, BARACK, PLEASE! DON'T THROW ME UNDER THE BUS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"?

I would. If I were about to be thrown under a bus.
post #236 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Sometime between now and January 20, 2017 at high noon EST.

Excellent. I bet you €200 that he will still be over the bus come inauguration day.

I'd be delighted to negotiate the sum and the terms if you're not totally certain or you want to bet more or change the currency.
post #237 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

He isn't?

Not to anyone? Anywhere? At any time?

Not even to shout "PLEASE, BARACK, PLEASE! DON'T THROW ME UNDER THE BUS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"?

I would. If I were about to be thrown under a bus.

Silence is golden.

There's a bus out there with Rahm's name on it, and Obama is at the wheel, ready, willing, and able.

The minute Rahm opens his mouth, it's O-BAM-A-TIME!

I predict that Rahm will make his long overdue appearance on February 2, see the impending shadow of the O-BAM-A-TIME bus, then disappear for another six weeks, by which time the O-BAM-A-TIME bus will have run out of gas.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #238 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

He forgot his taxes, he forgot the illegal housekeeper's taxes. He did this for several years.

It is a simple and yes, common, just a common mistake.

How many years have you forgotten to pay your taxes Jimmac?



Who's angry? I'm as happy as can be. It thrills me to no end to watch Democrats get crucified with their own moral code because it helps prove it was just made up crap and that they have no scruples or principles.

I mean just imagine if someone at Haliburton was indicted in a pay for play scandal. No one would dare attempt guilt by association with Cheney would they? See with the double standard so clear, it is just fun for me. It is hilarious to watch someone attempt to explain why our treasury secretary doesn't understand how to pay his taxes, and he will be in charge of taxes. It thrills me to have ponder the supposedly pious Obama who didn't know what was going on in his church for a decade or two, explaining how 21 or so calls are needed to forward a list to a governor.

Rationalizations aside, nothing makes me happier than watching the Democrats take the same and even worse actions which show how completely full of shit they happen to be.

You can't imagine how happy I am right now.

Statements like deficits of a trillion+ a year and this will go on for years... all under Democratic rule. Thrilling for me.

Finally, we don't even have an inaugeration yet and we have gone from ignoring the bus(Emanual), to quitting to be investigated for the good of America(Richardson) to "It's an honest mistake" and it doesn't matter what you want because we're above the law anyway bitches! Hahahahaha

See, here is what you don't get and why you don't understand about me being so happy. Most on here use the argument of desiring and creating a false equivalence. It is the "you only think I'm cheating on you because you forgot our anniversary" dismissal. So when I find out you're not only fucking my best friend, but were blowing a donkey at the same time, it does make be a tiny bit sad but mostly makes me happy to see you were so full of shit.

Sorry about the early morning typo. Get over it.




Quote:
He forgot his taxes, he forgot the illegal housekeeper's taxes. He did this for several years.

It is a simple and yes, common, just a common mistake.

How many years have you forgotten to pay your taxes Jimmac?

Not everyone has the same situation trumpy. I don't. Do you?

I imagine it's common among people who do this.

Come one you can do better than implying everyone has an immigrant for a hired help.

Oh and about your link :

Quote:
About Me
Profile
Rich Noyes is currently Research Director at the Media Research Center, where he is co-editor of the weekly Media Reality Check and Notable Quotables, MRC’s bi-weekly compilation of the latest outrageous, sometimes humorous, quotes in the liberal media.


Of course he'd see things that way. He's a wingnut.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #239 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Not everyone has the same situation trumpy. I don't. Do you?

I imagine it's common among people who do this.

Come one you can do better than implying everyone has an immigrant for a hired help.

Oh and about your link :

Of course he'd see things that way. He's a wingnut.

It's "common" to have a load of money but just keep getting your taxes wrong?

How can you be so backward on this? With more at stake, the measures you take to keep, track, etc it go UP not down. The reality is the dude, even when told what he did wrong, did not go back and fix it for the years in which he was not audited. He did that when knowing he would be coming to work for Obama. That isn't ignorance or omission, that is straight up refusing to follow the rules until you know someone is going to look into it.

Finally, nice dismissive ad-hom at the end. Better to jerk a knee than activate a neuron. We wouldn't want anyone to think about content around here.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #240 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It's "common" to have a load of money but just keep getting your taxes wrong?

How can you be so backward on this? With more at stake, the measures you take to keep, track, etc it go UP not down. The reality is the dude, even when told what he did wrong, did not go back and fix it for the years in which he was not audited. He did that when knowing he would be coming to work for Obama. That isn't ignorance or omission, that is straight up refusing to follow the rules until you know someone is going to look into it.

Finally, nice dismissive ad-hom at the end. Better to jerk a knee than activate a neuron. We wouldn't want anyone to think about content around here.


How can you be so backward on this? trumpy this is another nonstory. In a series of.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool