or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool

The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool - Page 9

post #321 of 383
Should we call Greyhound?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #322 of 383
post #323 of 383
This just in from GloboNewsInternationalWorldNewsMondiale. Looks like it's all over for Rahm.

Quote:
ᄌᄆᄀᄢ Rahm Emanuelطبسגגסءطبᄌᄆᄀᄢاسرائيل تدافع عن استخدامها الفوسفور الابيض
اسرائيل تصر على انه五 ا استخدمت الفوسفور \t五五 ר五 אן 五 אין מספיק אורנים לייצור נשק גרעינ五
ה"טיימס" הלונדוני מדווח כ י באיראן הולך ا ابيض في هجومها عل五五 بشكل لا يخالف ال "scream scream in pains"نون الدول"large bus"ي، واولمرت ي五 كلف وزير العدل سسثځةةةᡂᡉᠸןןןללᄌᄆᄀᄢطبسגגסءطبᄌᄆᄀᄢسسثځةةةᡂᡉᠸ東京五 輪招致 "thrown under"、国会決議に暗雲 都
post #324 of 383

Oh, btw, he's profane too.

We all remember all those happy articles the NY Times ran about how wonderful it is to have profane, partisan and people who make ridiculous faces in the Bush administration.

Apparently Rahm hasn't been hit by a bus yet since he can move faster than light.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #325 of 383
Busses notwithstanding, I wonder how long before Rahm freaks everybody out by saying something insanely impolitic within microphone range?

Speaking of which, did everybody catch the hilarious footage of Biden making his little joke at the expense of Justice Roberts while Obama gave him the "I am going to beat you senseless as soon as I get you alone" stare?

I dare say that more than a few White House staffers and cabinet members will have been given a pretty stern talking to, before it's all said and done.

And by "pretty stern talking to" I mean shown the terrifying footage of what really happened to Vince Foster.

That's right, bitches: it was Obama all along. The Clintons were just a means to an end.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #326 of 383
What I want to know is "When is Rahm going to be thrown under the bus?"

By now, the clamour should be deafening.

And it isn't. And the silence makes me nervous.
post #327 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Oh, btw, he's profane too.

Oh you made me do this...

also...

Bush: What about Kofi Annan? (It seems alright, even though) I don't like the sequence of it. His attitude is basically cease fire and everything else happens. (But...ya know what I'm saying)
Blair: (Yeah. You know.) I think the thing that is really difficult is you can't stop this unless you get this international presence agreed.
Bush: Obviously if she goes out she's got to succeed as it were, where as I can go out and talk. (You) see the irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah (he pronounced this Hezbowlize) to stop doing this shit and it's over.

As far as Rahm's behavior, though I don't condone it, it is part of his nature. It is also politics.

You tend to have to be an asshole with the other assholes. Maybe if you had a job that revolves around this (and with an ever present paparazzi) , you'd know.
post #328 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Oh you made me do this...

also...

Bush: What about Kofi Annan? (It seems alright, even though) I don't like the sequence of it. His attitude is basically cease fire and everything else happens. (But...ya know what I'm saying)
Blair: (Yeah. You know.) I think the thing that is really difficult is you can't stop this unless you get this international presence agreed.
Bush: Obviously if she goes out she's got to succeed as it were, where as I can go out and talk. (You) see the irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah (he pronounced this Hezbowlize) to stop doing this shit and it's over.

As far as Rahm's behavior, though I don't condone it, it is part of his nature. It is also politics.

You tend to have to be an asshole with the other assholes. Maybe if you had a job that revolves around this (and with an ever present paparazzi) , you'd know.

Listen, I think we remember Bill Clinton being written about has having a huge temper and dropping f-bombs with incredible frequency in private.

None of those things bother me. People are human. The real point is the bias involved. When Republicans use profanity, it is because they are out of control, redneck idiots who hate people and actually don't know any better words. When Democrats use profanity, it is just because they are cute, fun people who like being a counterweight to such a serious president or because they are such an awesome president themselves.

That part is bullshit bias. Clinton's temper is famous. McCain's temper was... unhinged and would make him bomb a country just to enjoy the embers from the burning buildings. That stuff is crap. Everything is a two way street unless one has partisan blinders on that keep them from seeing the truth.

post #329 of 383
Quote:

That part is bullshit bias. Clinton's temper is famous. McCain's temper was... unhinged and would make him bomb a country just to enjoy the embers from the burning buildings. That stuff is crap. Everything is a two way street unless one has partisan blinders on that keep them from seeing the truth.

I don't think you heard this but "I won."

"Suck it" would have been better, but this is works, eloquently.
post #330 of 383
I wonder if Republicans get mad when people being tortured use foul language?
post #331 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I wonder if Republicans get mad when people being tortured use foul language?

I'm sure they just instantly faint.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #332 of 383
My original prediction is still holding up. If Glago the Democrat pleads guilty my prediction will be moot.
post #333 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

My original prediction is still holding up. If Glago the Democrat pleads guilty my prediction will be moot.

Ah. Did you not mean 'Glago the DEMOCRAT?
post #334 of 383

BUS BABY BUS

We could start a different thread for Daschle but considering no one really wanted to bet here that would be pointless.

I've still got hopes for ol' Rahm. Blago is going to start singing soon. It appears some cracks are showing in the "I'm elected bitches so take my cock-meat sandwich" strategy. Some might even question whether grand juries and paying your back taxes on January 2nd of this year is really "good for America."

post #335 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Still not under the bus!

BTW, the following image isn't Rahm;

[CENTER]
Groucho Marx (sans cigar, mustache, and eyebrows)?[/CENTER]

It is however the newest posterboy for our bus route.

BUS BABY BUS!

post #336 of 383
Quote:

"He's got a lot of friends in the Senate, and I've got a lot of friends in the Senate, and, combined, who knows -- we might have 51," - Guess.

I'd say replace him with Dr. Howard "yee-haw" Dean. But you'd have to throw Rahm Emanuel under a bus first.

Politics. Don't you love it?
post #337 of 383
post #338 of 383
All of a sudden Obama is a politician like all the others? Say it aint so Joe!

Looks like Panetta may be next under the bus. If you feel a bump that was Panetta.
post #339 of 383
They've released the unedited recording of the Blago/Emmanuel phone conversation.

NSFW
post #340 of 383

Barack Throws Biden Under the Bus

Quote:
The President went on to say that "I think what Joe may have been suggesting, although I wouldn't ascribe any numerical percentage to any of this, is that given the magnitude of the challenges that we have, any single thing that we do is going to be part of the solution, not all of the solution."

Of course, Biden wasn't saying anything of the sort - Obama knew that and all the rest of us did too.

Biden's exact quote, read out by Fox's Major Garrett at the presser was: "If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, if we stand up there and we really make the tough decisions, there's still a 30 percent chance we're going to get it wrong."

Clearly, Obama and his aides were unhappy about Biden's loose lips. On Friday, top Obama adviser David Axelrod said on CNN: "I don't know exactly about what that math was."

Thank god this guy isn't a heartbeat away from the presidency.....

Oh wait.....

post #341 of 383
I liked this comment:

Quote:
Toby, your last three blogs were "Barack Obama throws Joe Biden under the bus","Hillary Clinton kisses Obama instead of husband Bill" and "Did Obama breach protocol by shaking marine's hand". I guess the Telegraph have put you on the clock, as they say on the PGA, and you really don't want the Fox gig if everything else fails, but surely you can do better than this.
post #342 of 383
I guess we're going to have to come up with a new term for "severs ties with and publicly repudiates former allies in order to limit political damage to oneself."

Since "throws under the bus" is now understood to mean "extremely mild reproach", I suppose it will have to be on the order of "feeds into the wood chipper and feasts on the remains."
post #343 of 383
I'd argue that "throw under the bus" now means something more like "there's no telling what he said. You know how he is!"
post #344 of 383
GOP Leader Michael Steele.

Quote:
There is certainly a political debate to be waged over whether or not government spending can effectively create jobs. But in his interview on This Week with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, Michael Steele seemed to suggest, as he did back in January, that government jobs are not, in fact, really jobs.

Rather, Steele said, government jobs are "just work." (Is work not a job?) The newly-minted RNC Chairman added that when it comes to the private sector, job loss is never permanent.

"They come back though George," said Steele. "That's the point. They've gone away before and they come back."

I just don't get it. Why are we still listening to the same ideas that ruined our economy? Trickle-down warriors like Steele are still being invited to talk about the economy that they clearly don't understand. How wrong do these idiots have to be before the corporate media stops hosting their stupid opinions?

Why are right wing idiots still taken seriously about economics?

GOP Leader Michael Steele? This bus is for you...

I also love the dead silence from the right on this moron. Dead silence.
post #345 of 383
... I'd like to know who/how/what/where/when/why somebody threw PO under the bus?

A picture is worth a URL, or two, or several.

You don't need to answar the above question, it's only meant as a rhetorical device.

Just like this thread is a rhetorical device.

Just like PO is a rhetorical device.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #346 of 383
The entire exchange between Steele and Snuffleupagus is worth reading. It's really, truly bizarre. The weirdness begins a little over halfway down the page, when Steele tries to draw a distinction between work and a job.
post #347 of 383
Quote:

Dana Carvey Moment.
post #348 of 383
Only me.

Was Rahm subomnibusified while I was busy waiting for the great Hope and Change Trade War to begin?
post #349 of 383
Check it out.

Fidel Castro writes an editorial on Rahm!

http://granma.cu/ingles/2009/febrero...flexiones.html

So he can't be under the bus yet.

When will Barack Obama throw his Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel under the bus for talking on the telephone with Blagejovich? It's been WEEKS, and Blagejovich has been indicted and everything.

It can't be a fake controversy cooked up and propagated by insincere, shell-shocked conservative bloggers, can it? That would be really bad.
post #350 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

When will Barack Obama throw his Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel under the bus for talking on the telephone with Blagejovich? It's been WEEKS, and Blagejovich has been indicted and everything.

I started to correct you (that he's been convicted), and then it occurred to me that he hasn't had his criminal trial yet! When does THAT happen? That'll be a hoot!
post #351 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I started to correct you (that he's been convicted), and then it occurred to me that he hasn't had his criminal trial yet! When does THAT happen? That'll be a hoot!

I think those are supposed to take place sometime after he gets done taking softball questions on all the network news shows.

post #352 of 383
Quote:

I'm personally hoping he gives his own closing argument. That would be pretty damn hilarious. I'm guessing he'd manage analogize himself to slaves on the boat to America or something equally insane.

I'd also like to see him be his own lawyer and put himself on the stand, asking himself questions. Preferably, getting out of the witness box and addressing the questions to empty air, and then sitting back down and smiling at the now empty air in front of the witness box as he answers.

He seems delusional enough that this isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #353 of 383
He and The Hair will separate and The Hair will ask him questions, then they will switch roles.

I can see a Marvel Comic in the works... The Hair!

post #354 of 383
Good thing he doesn't have a moustache!
post #355 of 383
post #356 of 383
Quote:

I'd argue that "throw under the bus" now means something more like "there's no telling what he said. You know how he is!"

Moving towards "fails to deliver stirring encomium about" or "mentions in same day as having delivered bad news about the economy."

I'm sure we can ratchet down the meaning enough to make a dream come true.

"Look! Not in the frame in that picture! Under the bus! Crushed! Mangled! JUST AS I PREDICTED!!!!"
post #357 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

I wonder what clever thread title Trumptman or SDW would create if Howard Dean had been stupid enough to utter the phrase, "Government doesn't create jobs, they create work"?

"Steele admits he doesn't have a job."
post #358 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

DEAD SILENCE.

Hey Artman, thanks for the link. It serves two very good purposes.

First it shows that wonderful bit of media bias criticism of Democrats comes from mean ol' Republicans but criticism of Republicans comes from... the air (aka the media who hit so Democrats don't have to do so.)

The government may employ people but that is not "creating jobs" as Steele is discussing. Yes we may need one teacher per thirty kids but toss a trillion dollars out there isn't going to make a bunch more kiddos who need teachers. Someone is getting ready to create the next great industry leap that will create more wealth and employ more people. Taking a trillion out of our economy might limit or slow that so that government can provide aid and hire people for "make-work" temporary projects.

Which would you rather have, the next Google, or a temporary bridge project that is done in 18 months to two years?

post #359 of 383
Who knows what this Michael Steele guy is trying to say. Obviously government spending can create a job simply by directly employing people. Maybe he means government doesn't create new private sector jobs. But the government can create new private sector jobs by awarding contracts to private firms, which it does everyday in the Defense industry. Maybe he means the government cannot create self-sustaining new jobs in the private sector. But again, here he is wrong. Government can spend money on infrastructure which allow businesses to operate more efficiently, open new markets, and offer new products which all in turn create new jobs. Examples of this are the interstate highway system, massive water and dam projects in the west (which allowed cities like Phoenix, LA, Las Vegas to grow), and investment in medical research.

Mr. Steele's claim to "the history of mankind" should also be questioned. The idea of government as an investor and catalyst for economic growth goes back to the origins of human civilization. The first governments in Egypt and Mesopotamia were created to organize citizens and resources to build irrigation canals. This gave people more reliable and abundant harvests, freed them from subsistence farming, and gave them time to pursue other skills (e.g., tool making). These skills created new products or services (e.g., better tools). Jobs were then created to support the demand for these new services.

So I don't really know what he means by "government has never created a job in the history of mankind." I once had a conservative fanatic stop me in a bar because I wore a political t-shirt. He proceeded to pour out stories of liberal oppression and ended it by proclaiming: "government does not create economic wealth!" If this is what Mr. Steele is suggesting, then I say he is wrong.

Also, not related, but good news...

Obama: Caterpillar will rehire if stimulus passes

Quote:
President Barack Obama says Caterpillar's chief executive has told him the company will rehire some laid-off workers if the stimulus bill passes.

The heavy equipment maker announced more than 22,000 job cuts last month as it scales back production amid the economic slowdown.

During a visit to a transportation construction site just outside Washington in Springfield, Va., on Wednesday, Obama urged Congress to pass the bill.

The House and Senate are working out differences between competing versions of the legislation.

Obama said Caterpillar's CEO has told him that if the stimulus bill passes he would be able to rehire some of those employees.

Obama is to speak with some of those workers on Thursday when he visits a Caterpillar manufacturing plant in Peoria, Ill.

Stimulate, baby, stimulate.
post #360 of 383
We all remember Ted Stevens was drummed out of office for gifts related to his home and other issues.

Tom Daschle stepped down in part because he didn't pay taxes on a gift to him.

The issue, especially with Daschle is that when someone gives you something to use for YEARS, it isn't just an oppsie along the lines of "How could I have know that would have value?"

Well, let us not forget the original bus waiter, the agitator, the man who would be caught if not for his profane ability to move faster than the speed of light.... Rahm Emanual.

It's been reported before, but now perhaps it will get a fresh look. I'd sure love to live someplace rent free for five years, wouldn't you?

Quote:
"To most people, this is 'imputed income' - non-financial gifts or compensation that should be reported to the IRS. Emanuel and DeLauro defend their conduct by saying that House ethics rules permit 'hospitality between colleagues.'

On my rental forms, if a guest stays more than 14 days, they aren't a guest, but a subletter aka renter. Clearly they don't apply in this matter but stating someone was just a guest... for five years... is comical.

Run Rahm, Run.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool