or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool

The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool - Page 2

post #41 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

It's only the conspiracy with the "tanker media" keeping the bus in the garage. Such a thing would be a huge, juicy story, so the lack of such story in the "tanker media" means that it must exist, but the "tanker media" must be covering it up for Obama because they so, so love to be in the tank for him.

DAMN THE TANK MEDIA.

RAHM is UP TO HIS GOOLIES IN SCANDAL.

WHEN WILL BARACK OBAMA THROW HIS CHIEF OF STAFF UNDER THE BUS?
post #42 of 383
You guys are expecting too much too quick. We are only at the "I never knew Reverend Wright said such things even though I went to his church for twenty years" phase of this matter.

Give it some time. Plus Fitzgerald has to make sure he still has a job after inauguration. He is going to say whatever is necessary to stay on the job at this point.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #43 of 383
Yes, because Pat Fitzgerald couldn't easily get a far more lucrative job in the private sector......
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #44 of 383
Quote:

Yes, because Pat Fitzgerald couldn't easily get a far more lucrative job in the private sector......

Well, OK. But how long do you think it will be before Barack Obama throws Rahm under the bus because of this appalling scandal in which he is up to his goolies?
post #45 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Well, OK. But how long do you think it will be before Barack Obama throws Rahm under the bus because of this appalling scandal in which he is up to his goolies?

Fitzgerald may release recordings to impeachment committee

Quote:
U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald is not ruling out releasing copies of secretly recorded conversations of Gov. Blagojevich to the House panel investigating whether to impeach the governor.

In a letter to the House Special Investigative Committee released this morning, Fitzgerald said the request is "still under active consideration."

Fitzgerald indicated he would provide the committee with an answer on use of the tapes Wednesday.

Fitzgerald also says in the letter that the panel could 'significantly compromise' his investigation by interviewing Blagojevich aides about possible crimes.

And he is declining to provide information about his investigation, such as the identities of people mentioned in a criminal complaint.

The committee is supposed to recommend whether the full House consider impeaching the governor. Members had sent a letter to Fitzgerald asking for guidance on whether to look into the criminal allegations.

Goolies?
post #46 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Goolies?

No.

Goolies.

Goolies.

Goolies.

If you spent any of your youth in the UK you would have heard the immortal phrase 'Kick him in the googlies.'
post #47 of 383
Quote:

No.

Oh, I knew that. I just found that from searching the Googles like trumpy told me too.

Thanks trumpy.
post #48 of 383
Quote:

Oh, I knew that. I just found that from searching the Googles like trumpy told me too.

Thanks trumpy.

I just wanted to write the word 'goolies' a few times, honestly.
post #49 of 383
Yeah! Obama's going to throw Rahm under the bus any second now, because evidence is stupid! And we know that Fitz is cooperating in a coverup, because evidence is stupid!

And the liberal press never talks about any of this, because evidence is stupid!

Let's throw evidence under the bus! Evidence has been implicated in slowing down the righteous justice of right wing bloggers, so it must die!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #50 of 383
Ia Rahm a Muslim too? OHB might make him wear a Burka as punishment, but he won't throw him under the bus.
post #51 of 383
Quote:

There are connections there we don't care to look into. Clearly Senators and Presidents aren't in it for the salary either but they sure seem to clean up somehow as well.

How much is being able to take down a president worth? What sort of favors could that get someone?

Quote:

I just wanted to write the word 'goolies' a few times, honestly.

Hassan, stop lying. You know I forced you to write that word. I control all. I am the maker of memes, the creator of all things right-wing. You are merely the puppet at the end of the strings.

post #52 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing Gull View Post

Ia Rahm a Muslim too? OHB might make him where a Burka as punishment, but he won't throw him under the bus.

Durka Durka Mohammad Jihad
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #53 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

There are connections there we don't care to look into. Clearly Senators and Presidents aren't in it for the salary either but they sure seem to clean up somehow as well.

How much is being able to take down a president worth? What sort of favors could that get someone?

Evidence is extra stupid! Fuck evidence! Evidence is for pussies!
post #54 of 383
DAY TEN. Or something.

RAHM STILL NOT UNDER BUS.
post #55 of 383

post #56 of 383
Imagine if we had a photo of Rahm shaking hands with Blago or something like that. It would prove complicity! Or something.

post #57 of 383
Will we ever stop holding this guy's hand?

That is the question.
post #58 of 383
DAY ELEVEN. Or something.

RHAM STILL NOT UNDER BUS.
post #59 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Evidence is extra stupid! Fuck evidence! Evidence is for pussies!

So is asking questions or seeking evidence. Don't you understand that we have arrest detailsto report on regarding Palin's daughter's boyfriend's mother. We are busy pursuing three degrees of separation with Palin and have no time to directly question the President-Elect on matters like this since we are also too busy talking about his abs.

Quote:

DAY TEN. Or something.

RAHM STILL NOT UNDER BUS.

It won't be the national media that put him there. I suspect it will be like Edwards. Guys like you will see lack of action as lack of proof and later will say, well that was so long ago or who gives a damn anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Imagine if we had a photo of Rahm shaking hands with Blago or something like that. It would prove complicity! Or something.

Or phone records showing contact...

Quote:

Will we ever stop holding this guy's hand?

That is the question.

I'm sure Obama will be holding that hand as well. He isn't above etiquette. Obama will be adding the hands of Chavez, Castro, Putin, and Ahmadinejad's as well.

Quote:

DAY ELEVEN. Or something.

RHAM STILL NOT UNDER BUS.

Listen the media could report on that, but Michelle wore a very pretty wraparound with her bathing suit today and after gushing about that, we just didn't have any time or questions to "waste" on this matter.

post #60 of 383
Apparently the latest Republican strategy is to light a bunch of smoke bombs, toss them all round, and then scream, "Where there is smoke, there is FIRE!!"
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #61 of 383
Obama's approval ratings at the moment are through the roof, and he is getting extra brownie points for being low-key in Hawaii.

He is also the most admired American according to a US New poll:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081226...spoliticsobama

The first time the prez-elect has scored higher than the outgoing prez. But then, 75% of AMericans are happy that Bush is finished.
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS...oll/index.html

Ouch. I might almost feel sorry for the guy, but it simply isn't possible; he has caused so much misery around the world it is astounding that he still has any supporters at all.

What am I saying? People fell head over heels for Our Savior Sara Palin.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #62 of 383
Well, yes, Nick. But now that the terribly embarrassing conversations between Rham and Blagejovich are a matter of record and the details (as opposed to the simple hearsay and speculation that saw this thread started) make it very clear that Rahm is clearly up to his goolies in scandal, his days above the bus are numbered.

I will be here to post regular updates on Rahm's grisly procession Under the Bus.
post #63 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Apparently the latest Republican strategy is to light a bunch of smoke bombs, toss them all round, and then scream, "Where there is smoke, there is FIRE!!"

Pretty much. After all it's all they've got.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #64 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Obama's approval ratings at the moment are through the roof, and he is getting extra brownie points for being low-key in Hawaii.

The first time the prez-elect has scored higher than the outgoing prez. But then, 75% of AMericans are happy that Bush is finished.

Ouch. I might almost feel sorry for the guy, but it simply isn't possible; he has caused so much misery around the world it is astounding that he still has any supporters at all.

Quote:

No way will I ever feel sorry for the guy. After the tactics he and his supporters have used and are still using no way. I guess they didn't read the memo that the rest of the world's on to that shit!

You would think after 75% of the country feels the way they do you'd think they'd get a clue! It's not just " Bush " it's their whole approach.
post #65 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergermeister View Post

what am i saying? People fell head over heels for our savior sara palin.

sarah palin for president
2012 2016 2020 2024
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #66 of 383
Quote:

"So we ended the year with a surge of Democratic malfeasance that easily matched the former Republican Congress. Crusading New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigned in disgrace after disclosure of his junkets with a prostitute. "Hot Rod" Blagojevich, governor of Illinois, was caught on a wire discussing how to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder.

Then there's Rep. Charles Rangel of New York, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee. The sheer range of his alleged transgressions is shocking: occupying four rent-stabilized apartments in Harlem (while also claiming a tax exemption on a D.C. residence), giving multimillion-dollar tax breaks to an energy company in exchange for donations, failing to report rental income to the IRS, and abusing congressional perks."

Please ignore all of this. It is nothing more than a distraction. It is smoke. George Bush lost and so it is not relevant. Being ethical isn't important because Bush lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The saying goes "How's your wife?" and the answer is "Compared to what?"

Get ready to receive the answer of compared to what. Bush won't look so bad then. Right now the answer is compared to a promised utopia. Utopia won't be arriving any time soon.

Just remember how well that Jimmy Carter was doing a year in when that evil Nixon and all Republicans were tossed out. Finally remember that magical name Deval Patrick, the Obama precursor that Obama borrowed heavily from in part, due to the fact that they shared David Axelrod. His approval numbers are already 50% negative.

Quote:

Well, yes, Nick. But now that the terribly embarrassing conversations between Rham and Blagejovich are a matter of record and the details (as opposed to the simple hearsay and speculation that saw this thread started) make it very clear that Rahm is clearly up to his goolies in scandal, his days above the bus are numbered.

I will be here to post regular updates on Rahm's grisly procession Under the Bus.

Just make sure you do it wearing your panama hat.

post #67 of 383
[FTFY=trumptman;1354352]Please ignore all of this. It is nothing more than a distraction. It is smoke. Obama won and so it is not relevant. Being ethical isn't important because Obama won.[/FTFY]

No, what I fixed there is not a prediction but only some clarification. Prepare to be shocked trumptman, politicians are corrupt. Thing is, that's the magic of this debate, that we on both sides of the aisle can set off smoke bombs. To distract the current revelation, that none of these politicians have achieved what Obama has done already, like getting through their first presidential campaign and actually winning. With poll numbers through the roof.

We can prop up all the corrupt, horny and just plain stupid up to keep score or distract each other, but it comes down to the end of one president's term and the beginning of another. With plenty of time for everyone to either appraise or vilify.

Thing is the Bush administration was not a distraction, it was an absolute 8 year train wreck. A watermark, or stain depending on the observer, of cataclysmic historical proportions. And go ahead and think that the smoke and mirrors of time will correct all that. Like it has with Nixon and Reagan.

Quote:
Get ready to receive the answer of compared to what. Bush won't look so bad then. Right now the answer is compared to a promised utopia. Utopia won't be arriving any time soon.

This "utopia" you speak of, the word, one which was never uttered from Obama's mouth, something he hasn't promised in word but from you and everyone of your ilk. What does it mean? What purpose does it serve? Smoke? Don't bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me!

post #68 of 383
DAY THIRTEEN.

SCANDAL STILL TO BLOW UP: RAHM 'NOT YET UNDER BUS.'

Says: "Where is that damn bus? I'm going to be LATE."
post #69 of 383
In Soviet Russia, they throw bus under you!

</Yakoff>
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #70 of 383
DAY FOURTEEN: RAHM 'STILL YET TO FIND HIMSELF THROWN UNDER BUS'

Despite businesslike wishful thinking on conservative blogs, later repeated all across the internet, reality appears to be proving itself 'a tough customer'.

For the fourteenth day straight, Rahm is still 'over' 'the bus', perhaps at home with his family.

'There may be no evidence that Rahm is seriously implicated in this scandal, but it shows terrible judgement on Obama's behalf to win the election and open himself to this kind of speculation', wrote Barnaby Cuntcake on the frontpage of RedState.hades.
post #71 of 383
Quote:

In Soviet Russia, they throw bus under you!

</Yakoff>

post #72 of 383
DAY FIFTEEN: RAHM 'RELAXED' ABOUT PROSPECT OF SUB-OMNIBUSISATION

"I'm relaxed after Christmas", he said. We made the bit about the bus up, but he did use the word 'relaxed'.

Meanwhile, speculation on appleinsider is rife that soon this joke will stop being funny and this thread will almost certainly have to die, as it should have a week ago, since it has no substance of any kind, as a result.
post #73 of 383
The Republicans will likely file suit against Santa: they obviously didn't get what they asked for for Christmas.

Throw Santa under the bus.

We are always right. You are with us, or you're against us You are one of us, or you are against us. We are the Borg.

post #74 of 383
You guys are so cute.

Here is some new info. Obama received the report and so far has, let's be nice and say has fudged the number of calls made. He clearly had the report and leaked part of it to "This Week" so he could get his talking points out there before the report. Then he sent Rahm off to Africa after holding on to the report for three days and releasing it on Christmas Eve where it was sure to get full attention.

The man knows his media.

post #75 of 383
Hi all....it's been a while!

A few points:

1. I would hope that as trump said, we're allowed to ask question about Rahm's contact with The Hair.

2. There is no evidence that Obama or Rahm were involved with any of The Hair's wrongdoing.

3. #2 notwithstanding, Obama had made some inconsistent comments about he and his staff's involvement.
  • Axelrod said they had talked many times
  • Obama said he had no contact with The Hair
  • It was shown that there was contact on many levels
  • Obama said there were no conversations about the seat
  • Obama said there were no conversations about the seat that involved a courrupt process (I've paraphrased heavily)

4. Not being a "target" doesn't mean someone isn't part of the investigation. One could be a subject and still not be a target.

5. There is a double standard in the media. They are not fully and aggressively investigating the incoming administration's involvement in this whole affair. Conversely, they went after say, Sarah Palin furiously. They are following Obama around taking pictures of his abs and talking about how the power went out for a day. For Palin, they scoured Wasilla, trying to find stories about what a HO she was on prom night.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #76 of 383
Should I start a new thread or just leave this here.

I don't want to get my reports or my investigations mixed up. Since it is only two members of his cabinet so far I should be able to keep them straight.

post #77 of 383
Quote:

You guys are so cute.

Here is some new info. Obama received the report and so far has, let's be nice and say has fudged the number of calls made. He clearly had the report and leaked part of it to "This Week" so he could get his talking points out there before the report. Then he sent Rahm off to Africa after holding on to the report for three days and releasing it on Christmas Eve where it was sure to get full attention.

The man knows his media.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure Jimmac will be along now along with several others with an analysis of how you just state your views without providing support. Oh wait, I forgot they only do that with me. Having an opinion and even linking to information is only a mental illness when do by those on the right.

If you have new info...cite them.
post #78 of 383
Quote:

If you have new info...cite them.

Really! It's like a broken record! But Obama and the media click, click But Obama and the media click, click!
post #79 of 383
Quote:

Should I start a new thread or just leave this here.

I don't want to get my reports or my investigations mixed up. Since it is only two members of his cabinet so far I should be able to keep them straight.

If the contract followed the usual competitive open bid procedures, there is nothing to see here, move along. \

Some people, so much, want to see the new guys behaving just like their old guys have always behaved.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #80 of 383
More like shouldn't something new act different instead of merely having a different skin color?

I like Richardson. I said early on that I would support him for president if I had to vote for a Democrat. That doesn't put him above the law. If the new guys are promising reform, we should have a trail of grand juries, informants and questionable deals following them into office and various positions.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool