Originally Posted by breeze
What specifically are you missing (in iLife) that needs upgrading?
iMovie HD (06) had the ability to easily paste video clips over an existing video section while retaining the previous audio. It's an excellent feature and really makes a difference to the final video. Many people didn't know how to do it, so I'd hope for that to be made easy.
As an example - why not always display a video clip with an audio bar beneath it. If the video clip has extra footage that has been cut it's easy to extend or contract the clip, but how about they allow the audio bar (without video) to be extended so that just the audio from the clip becomes part of your project (overlapping a surrounding scene). You could also separately control the fading of audio between scenes from the fading of video between scenes.
I'd also like to see iPhoto's slideshow creation integrated directly with iMovies use of stills. Creating a slideshow in iMovie gives you much more flexibility but it's harder to do than in iPhoto - integrate them. Let me specify the 'important' part of a photo (but also make the software make a best guess based on eye location) so that Ken Burns effect can use this basic data to create better effects.
* Allow iTunes and iPhoto to move their data to an external drive just like iMovie does.
* Add chapter markers back into iMovie -> iDVD
* Provide options to convert DV footage to AIC so it takes up less space on the hard disk
* iDVD needs BluRay options at some point. There are bluray standards to burn a bluray movie onto a regular DVD - it'd be great to burn HD movies in this manner!
* Create hybrid iMovies with HD photos (all photos are HD!) and SD video
Lots for iWeb too:
* Overhaul iWeb for better content creation and larger websites, add Google Analytics
* Add basic web app creation to iWeb
* Integrate MobileMe galleries better into iWeb (rather than 2 separate options).
* Export iDVD projects directly as web pages into iWeb, from which they can be edited
Some of these things could have been done as small upgrades to iLife, but Apple seems to lose interest in the little upgrades at times.
They're my initial thoughts.