or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Help: iPhone Not Charging

Help: iPhone Not Charging

post #1 of 3
My iPhone is not being recognized by my Macbook. I tried its charging cable and my iPod's charging cable, neither work. The iPod is being recognized and can be charged. It has to be the Macbook, though, I tried hooking the iPhone to my old desktop PC and it was immediately recognized and gave it a charge... of course that's not a permanent solution since I won't be able to sync it. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong with it?

**EDIT**

Ok so the first USB port on the Macbook I keep a cooling pad continuously hooked up to, so I got a USB hub for the other port. I ejected all disks, powered it down, disconnected it, disconnected all cables to it and when I put it all back together everything was recognized ( :

Also, I maybe should have posted this in the Genius Bar, I didn't see that board until after I had posted this.
everything is good and it's gonna be that way forever
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmetaphors View Post

My iPhone is not being recognized by my Macbook. I tried its charging cable and my iPod's charging cable, neither work. The iPod is being recognized and can be charged. It has to be the Macbook, though, I tried hooking the iPhone to my old desktop PC and it was immediately recognized and gave it a charge... of course that's not a permanent solution since I won't be able to sync it. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong with it?

**EDIT**

Ok so the first USB port on the Macbook I keep a cooling pad continuously hooked up to, so I got a USB hub for the other port. I ejected all disks, powered it down, disconnected it, disconnected all cables to it and when I put it all back together everything was recognized ( :

Also, I maybe should have posted this in the Genius Bar, I didn't see that board until after I had posted this.

Like most things like this it's usually a problem with USB on the computer, don't worry it happens with Windows too.

I just don't know why a device that has been plugged into a USB port and installed, has to be installed again when it is plugged into a different USB port, the drivers are already there.

You ought to try an iPhone update when Windows thinks a USB 2 port is a USB 1.1 port...

...that wasn't much fun.
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Like most things like this it's usually a problem with USB on the computer, don't worry it happens with Windows too.

I just don't know why a device that has been plugged into a USB port and installed, has to be installed again when it is plugged into a different USB port, the drivers are already there.

You ought to try an iPhone update when Windows thinks a USB 2 port is a USB 1.1 port...

...that wasn't much fun.

It wasn't from switching USB ports, if that's what you're getting at, I'd had it hooked to the USB hub since I got it on xmas day. Resetting it seemed to be the fix, though, even though both hard drives, the iPod and gamepad I have hooked up to it were all working.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Help: iPhone Not Charging