or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Excuse my French, but I am F***ING late to the MGMT party

Excuse my French, but I am F***ING late to the MGMT party

post #1 of 3
MGMT. Fascinating. My favourites are Kids, Time To Pretend and Electric Feel. So weird and trippy, I'm glad I don't smoke that stuff anymore.
post #2 of 3
I'm semi-joking when I talk about the "stuff" ... I'm not saying their music explicitly refers to drug use ...

But man, that grungy, killer bass-ish synth in Time To Pretend, boy, that's out of this world.

And "electro-big-beat" drums.

Listening to this stuff makes you feel like a rock star even if you are wearing odd purple and green socks sitting on your couch in your underwear.
post #3 of 3
Welcome to 12 months ago. Kidding.

Probably one of the best albums of 2008.

If you haven't seen the music video for "Time to pretend" then you might revisit with your original assessment of "Trippy" -- seriously trippy.

Edit: HQ link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRzEjpUmE
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Excuse my French, but I am F***ING late to the MGMT party