or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Andy Ihnatko's rumor might be true after all..

Andy Ihnatko's rumor might be true after all.. - Page 4

post #121 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Nobody's close.

What is it?!!!!
post #122 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by murk View Post

I'm begining to think it might be a new low cost computer platform based on the iPhone version of OS X.

You wasted a lot of time typing that. It's not this, that's for sure.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #123 of 488
Quote:

You wasted a lot of time typing that. It's not this, that's for sure.

I wasn't responding to you. I don't believe you know anything . You are just stretching Marvin's joke out through the whole thread. Unlike you, I've actually made a prediction about Andy's info and the Appletell rumor. You will worship me when I am proven right.
When they said "Think Different", I ran with it.
post #124 of 488
Quote:

I wasn't responding to you. I don't believe you know anything . You are just stretching Marvin's joke out through the whole thread. Unlike you, I've actually made a prediction about Andy's info and the Appletell rumor. You will worship me when I am proven right.

No he is not! He must know something.

He mussssssssst!!!
post #125 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

No he is not! He must know something.

He mussssssssst!!!

To Ireland, I say, "Put up, or shut up." I think I remember him pulling this routine before.
post #126 of 488
Quote:

To Ireland, I say, "Put up, or shut up." I think I remember him pulling this routine before.

No you don't remember this before. I do know something, but I digress.
post #127 of 488
Quote:

No you don't remember this before. I do know something, but I digress.

The guy at the pub wasn't an Apple insider. You were both just drunk.
post #128 of 488
Quote:

The guy at the pub wasn't an Apple insider. You were both just drunk.

I won't say who I heard it from, but let's just say it wasn't some guy in the pub.
post #129 of 488
Quote:

I won't say who I heard it from, but let's just say it wasn't some guy in the pub.

How close do you live to Blarney? I'm betting you are the mayor.
post #130 of 488
Quote:

How close do you live to Blarney? I'm betting you are the mayor.

I've never been to Blarney.
post #131 of 488
Don't know why I am picking on you Ireland. Since the untimely death of Kormac, you have probably done the most to make this place interesting.
post #132 of 488
Ireland doesn't know anything, He's been told that much before.

This is the same dude who thinks an iPhone that doesn't fit in your pocket is a good idea.
post #133 of 488
Quote:

Don't know why I am picking on you Ireland. Since the untimely death of Kormac, you have probably done the most to make this place interesting.

No doubt. 7k posts in record time. I think his fingers are whittled down to nubs.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #134 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Dual-screen foldable touch 10" netbook thingy no physical keyboard.

Kind of like what Sony are thinking of:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5132365/sony-co...ase-yes-please

I think it would be better to have two separate panels that act as one than have it bend in the middle. In cold weather, that looks like it will start to crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murk

I wasn't responding to you. I don't believe you know anything . You are just stretching Marvin's joke out through the whole thread.

I can't believe people are falling for the same thing literally a few posts later.

Simple fact is that some people already own Apple stock and lots of it. With no Steve and really late products, Apple stock is dying and the people who own the stock need to push it up so they can sell and they know people buy on rumors sell on facts.

Sell them the ultimate rumor that there is some unknown super amazing thing coming and no evidence to support it. It's kept religion going for over 2000 years. Then when it turns out we get nothing spectacular, the rumor-mongers vanish with no accountability because they are only selling hope. Nothing more than a feeling that comes and goes in an instant.

Ireland says first of all he's figured it out but then it changes to it's something he has heard because figuring it out is uncertain, hearing something is not so it adds some strength to it.

Follow the rules and wait for information. Without acknowledgment, rumor-mongers have to give out more information to sustain interest and the more info that comes, the more you can determine if it's anything worth listening to. In this particular case, it turns out the guy who Ireland heard it from got the information from a bad source who is tricking him into buying more stock.

Apple themselves do this. Remember when Jobs said that 2008 would be off the charts? What has happened in 2008 that has been off the charts? Nothing.
post #135 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong View Post

Ireland doesn't know anything, He's been told that much before.

This is the same dude who thinks an iPhone that doesn't fit in your pocket is a good idea.

Both of those points don't make any sense.
post #136 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

No doubt. 7k posts in record time. I think his fingers are whittled down to nubs.

post #137 of 488
It's software, but still, that's a surprisingly elusive hint. It's so obvious I don't think any one of you would ever guess it. I have said too much. Don't expect any more clarification than that. I will no longer be dropping hints.
post #138 of 488
Quote:

It's software, but still, that's a surprisingly elusive hint. It's so obvious I don't think any one of you would ever guess it.

This is the other thing people have to remember. Apple is a company making computers and software. No matter what they come out with, this is all they will ever make.

They don't make CPUs or GPUs or chipsets or storage drives or displays. They buy all these from other manufacturers. The best Apple can do is make something more than the sum of those parts like the iphone but it's still going to be limited to the capabilities of those parts.

Quote:

I have said too much.

This was true 7273 posts ago. @t=time(), SNR~0.
post #139 of 488
Quote:

It's software, but still, that's a surprisingly elusive hint. It's so obvious I don't think any one of you would ever guess it. I have said too much. Don't expect any more clarification than that. I will no longer be dropping hints.

You're turning this thread into your personal blog and that's not a Good Thing.
post #140 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

You're turning this thread into your personal blog and that's not a Good Thing.

I know what the object of the title of this thread is. That's not a personal blog. Chill Bill
post #141 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin

This was true 7273 posts ago.

Cheers big ears! Same to you
post #142 of 488
I have no idea what the next major app will be, but I know what I hope it is.

Apple needs to send Quicken into the grave. Dead. Buried. Forgotten.

This is a recession. Everybody and their dog is looking to manage their money.

'Wait until Summer' is not a viable answer.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #143 of 488
Quote:

I know what the object of the title of this thread is. That's not a personal blog. Chill Bill

Are you saying that:

1) Ihnatko told you personally?
2) You THINK you know what Ihnatko is referring to?
3) You ARE Ihnatko?

Secondly, I don't think anyone is actually interested in whether you think you know what Ihnatko claims he knows.
post #144 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Are you saying that:

1) Ihnatko told you personally?
2) You THINK you know what Ihnatko is referring to?
3) You ARE Ihnatko?

Secondly, I don't think anyone is actually interested in whether you think you know what Ihnatko claims he knows.

Ok then, fine. I know, that's all you need to.

I'll I care about right now is Paul Masson
post #145 of 488
Too much hype on Apple for its AAPL which will drop eventually.

I hope it is not like ENRON.
post #146 of 488
Quote:

Wow! So Ireland actually "knows?" "No one's [even] close?" I thought murk's prediction actually sounded fairly reasonable. "Jaw-dropping" software? Hmm. Now I'm really guessing. It's not that "cloud" stuff. It's not online versions of iWork or what not. It totally makes sense that it could be "so obvious" that none of us would guess it. I'm clueless. I thought I was dead-on with the tablet guess. What about the rumored, really big iPod touch thingy? That's kinda tablet-ey, isn't it?
post #147 of 488
I'd say something like this integrated in Snow Leopard. Or at least something that lots(?) of people have talked about and maybe demo-ed but no big company ever tried in a consumer product.

Though, Apple likes to sell itself as a hardware company, so it might as well be hw.

Also: @Ireland: How are we to know that you're not just creating buzz? You say you know, and when it's there you'll say: " I knew it". I'd want to see you prove somehow you actually know

Edit: see macrumors for the patent.
post #148 of 488
I'm not saying a tablet isn't coming either guys, I want one of those badly. It's just not what I have found out. And I'm not deliberately creating buzz either. Make of it what you will. It's not Bumptop, ala 3D.
post #149 of 488
It's a universal version of Snow Leopard to compete directly with windows.

Even Dell will have it as an option.
post #150 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid101 View Post

It's a universal version of Snow Leopard to compete directly with windows.

Nah, Apple likes selecting the hardware OS X runs on. They would have to support a lot more hardware out of the box, or people will have to install custom drivers probably messing up OS X ease of use. That's just not Apple. What they could do is allow more of their software to run on Windows (as they did with Safari), though thats not a "WOW' kind of thing to the Apple community.

Apple is a hardware company, anything "WOW" will be hardware, perhaps accompanied by a sleek set of software.
post #151 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommaah View Post

Apple is a hardware company, anything "WOW" will be hardware, perhaps accompanied by a sleek set of software.

You mean Apple gets its profits from hardware. It's OS X that keeps many of us on the platform not the hardware.
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #152 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

You mean Apple gets its profits from hardware. It's OS X that keeps many of us on the platform not the hardware.

Very true, but OS X comes with the Macs. Say, hypothetically, they would surprise us with a tablet, then it would come with a special multi-touch cocoa etc. OS X version. If they launch something new and unseen, it will at least partly be hw, not just software.
post #153 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommaah View Post

Very true, but OS X comes with the Macs. Say, hypothetically, they would surprise us with a tablet, then it would come with a special multi-touch cocoa etc. OS X version. If they launch something new and unseen, it will at least partly be hw, not just software.

Yes I think Apple is going to actually start to differentiate themselves with unique hardware. The PA Semi acquisition came out of left field and was misunderstood by most but now it's more evident that Apple wishes to be a larger player in mobile devices than just the iPhone/iPod suggests.

OS X has more aspirations than just a desktop/notebook OS. I think what we're seeing from Apple right now will be viewed as plain vanilla compared to what products they'll have in 2-3 years.
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #154 of 488
murk reporting in. I have just landed in Dublin. I plan to track him down and get the info even if I have to slap him around a little bit. Welcome to Gitmo, Mr. Ireland.
post #155 of 488
How can anything else matter, if they can't make a decent headless Mac?
post #156 of 488
Quote:

murk reporting in. I have just landed in Dublin. I plan to track him down and get the info even if I have to slap him around a little bit. Welcome to Gitmo, Mr. Ireland.

If there's one thing (besides drinking) the Irish are good at, it may appear you have just made a mistake
post #157 of 488
The big thing is software, Ok.
post #158 of 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

This was true 7273 posts ago. @t=time(), SNR~0.

OUCH! That was harsh, man.

Oh, and I've figured it out. They're going to release a new Mac mini, larger capacity iPod Touch, and iWork for the iPhone.

w0000t
post #159 of 488
Oh! Or API/ hardware specifications for real video out from the iPhone. Or the same thing for external keyboards?

This is probably the one thing that would get me most excited. Coupled with VNC/terminal software, that would make an iPod Touch an excellent Netbook to pair with a Mac mini at home....
post #160 of 488
Apple will release the pro apps on windows, along with ilife, and iwork. They are getting deeper into corporate with a vmView like desktop virtualzation software. Then 3D displays replace the current displays haha.. Cats and Dogs living together... Snow Leopard will be a free release for 10.5 owners.. They release iSteve and ioBama..

Home cloning software, make your own human in a box. They make a 4k display, 12 core Mac pros. Blu ray comes to mac, home media library software for dvd, etc.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Andy Ihnatko's rumor might be true after all..