or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues - Page 4

post #121 of 242
1. Steve Jobs = Bill Clinton.

2. The amount of board vets making dummy accounts to post in this thread is ridiculous. Grow some balls and quit being a hypocrite. Honestly its the worst trait out of anything in the whole human species.

3. I do not wish bad health upon anybody and honestly hope he recovers. BUT, Apple will be MUCH better in the long run once he is gone from Apple. The past 2 years Apple has walked down a very bad path. While sales are up and you have more and more people drinking the koolaid, you have the people who made Apple what they are today getting absolutely dumped on with al the stupid decisions. They have completely stopped listening to their customers and what they want and instead make their products to "their" vision of what their customer wants. While this has provided some nice things, it has put Apple too much in control of alot of aspects and really limits the customer experience.
post #122 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueces View Post

1. Steve Jobs = Bill Clinton.

2. The amount of board vets making dummy accounts to post in this thread is ridiculous. Grow some balls and quit being a hypocrite. Honestly its the worst trait out of anything in the whole human species.

3. I do not wish bad health upon anybody and honestly hope he recovers. BUT, Apple will be MUCH better in the long run once he is gone from Apple. The past 2 years Apple has walked down a very bad path. While sales are up and you have more and more people drinking the koolaid, you have the people who made Apple what they are today getting absolutely dumped on with al the stupid decisions. They have completely stopped listening to their customers and what they want and instead make their products to "their" vision of what their customer wants. While this has provided some nice things, it has put Apple too much in control of alot of aspects and really limits the customer experience.

What a joke, why don't they make you CEO since you seem to have all the great ideas.
post #123 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

So because it's the internet, we should be hiding behind our computer screens and spewing insensitive crap?

massive fail.

if we all took that attitude then no one would post...including you.


To be honest I don't care about the fella. Anyone dying is sad but I feel worse for his wife and kids and for the millions of sufferers out there that he could have helped by being more open and honest and raising awareness. I guess greed made him not do that..??

if the end is nigh then know this.... he has been tremendously lucky with the life he is living and the experiences he has had. Also that if the medical care he can afford can't save him then he truly had no chance.

he's just a man...one man.... he didn't save the world or millions of lives> he invented 'toys' lets get some perspective here and move on.

life can suck....thats just a fact.

Guess Denis Leary was right after all.
post #124 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by archipellago View Post

massive fail.

If we all took that attitude then no one would post...including you.


To be honest i don't care about the fella. Anyone dying is sad but i feel worse for his wife and kids and for the millions of sufferers out there that he could have helped by being more open and honest and raising awareness. I guess greed made him not do that..??

If the end is nigh then know this.... He has been tremendously lucky with the life he is living and the experiences he has had. Also that if the medical care he can afford can't save him then he truly had no chance.

He's just a man...one man.... He didn't save the world or millions of lives> he invented 'toys' lets get some perspective here and move on.

Life can suck....thats just a fact.

Guess denis leary was right after all.

yawwwwwwwwwn
post #125 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

What a joke, why don't they make you CEO since you seem to have all the great ideas.

you need to buy a copy of this book.... the one he tried to ban.

http://www.amazon.com/iCon-Steve-Job...1978467&sr=8-1


lays some of the 'saint' ness to rest.


wonder what Fadell and Rubinstein are thinking now....??
post #126 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

yawwwwwwwwwn



cool, go to bed, you are of very little use here.
post #127 of 242
Worst case scenario, he dies this year. Takes Apple 5-6 years to tank. They have a lot of innovation in the pipeline. So the company can't tank overnight. Not to mention their market share will hold for some time.
The probability of this worst case scenario is pretty low if not zero.

Best case scenario, Apple finds another great leader in the mid term. Steve steps aside (like he mentioned in that Stanford speech), and the new kid shines, leading the company well into the future.
New shiny gizmo's and gadget's come out, people very quickly forget about SJ, and focus on Apple.
Apple's new nano-robots hunt down and destroy Ballmer, liberating millions of M$ users.

I think Steve helped build a pretty strong foundation at Apple. I'm positive they will be around for a very long time. Besides, I don't believe Steve is what makes Apple. I think it's 'we' the people, who make Apple. It's the community and those willing to 'think different'. Us 'users' are the foundation of Apple.
Remember this?...

Heres to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square hole. The ones who see things differently. Theyre not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you cant do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Get well Steve.
post #128 of 242
He will get well and we'll see him take Apple to new heights - no doubt. Glad to see him take the time off.
post #129 of 242
Hopefully Steve pulls through, if not I hope he gets his house in order instead of disappearing abruptly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
post #130 of 242
My very best wishes to the Visionary of our times, get well Steve
post #131 of 242
I agree with others in this post who have said that Apple, stock, products do not matter but the health of a fellow human being does.

I hope things can be sorted out and we see him back to full strength.

All the best Steve.

MD
post #132 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

I can't help noticing the parallels with similar events behind the Iron Curtain, particularly recently in Cuba and North Korea.

The Cult of Personality has been turned into a tool of Capitalism. Unfortunately it is a double edged sword, as we are all mortal. If greatness is possessed by only a certain individual then when that individual goes there is a lot of explaining to do.

Just how quickly can the followers do their double think to catch up with the double speak?

Judging on past performance, most Apple supporters will turn on a dime, if told to.

By whom, Balmer? The " Cult of Personality" has let people be free of the tyranny of Micro Soft.
Jobs has created a organization of very savvy people, those who are free to think "out side the box".
His medical leave doesn't change anything. And my opinion of apple is still the same.
post #133 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueces View Post

1. Steve Jobs = Bill Clinton. ...

You lost me at 1.

WTF is this statement even supposed to mean?

Steve Jobs is fat? I think you might be wrong about that from what I've heard lately.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #134 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

You lost me at 1.

WTF is this statement even supposed to mean?

Steve Jobs is fat? I think you might be wrong about that from what I've heard lately.

Yes. I'm sure he means that Jobs is fat.

post #135 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueces View Post

1. Steve Jobs = Bill Clinton.

2. The amount of board vets making dummy accounts to post in this thread is ridiculous. Grow some balls and quit being a hypocrite. Honestly its the worst trait out of anything in the whole human species.

3. I do not wish bad health upon anybody and honestly hope he recovers. BUT, Apple will be MUCH better in the long run once he is gone from Apple. The past 2 years Apple has walked down a very bad path. While sales are up and you have more and more people drinking the koolaid, you have the people who made Apple what they are today getting absolutely dumped on with al the stupid decisions. They have completely stopped listening to their customers and what they want and instead make their products to "their" vision of what their customer wants. While this has provided some nice things, it has put Apple too much in control of alot of aspects and really limits the customer experience.

Big fan of Larry Kudlow I see.

Grow up and take a break from the CNBC bashing. That network couldn't analyse urine in a cup, let alone stocks.
post #136 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueces View Post

3. I do not wish bad health upon anybody and honestly hope he recovers. BUT, Apple will be MUCH better in the long run once he is gone from Apple. The past 2 years Apple has walked down a very bad path. While sales are up and you have more and more people drinking the koolaid, you have the people who made Apple what they are today getting absolutely dumped on with al the stupid decisions. They have completely stopped listening to their customers and what they want and instead make their products to "their" vision of what their customer wants. While this has provided some nice things, it has put Apple too much in control of alot of aspects and really limits the customer experience.

Excellent point.

To many, Apple has become a joke because of this. The poignancy of the "MacBook Wheel" from the Onion comes to mind.
Fragmentation is not just something we have to acknowledge and accept. Fragmentation is something that we deal with every day, and we must accept it as a fact of the iPhone platform experience.

Ste...
Reply
Fragmentation is not just something we have to acknowledge and accept. Fragmentation is something that we deal with every day, and we must accept it as a fact of the iPhone platform experience.

Ste...
Reply
post #137 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueces View Post

... The past 2 years Apple has walked down a very bad path. While sales are up and you have more and more people drinking the koolaid, you have the people who made Apple what they are today getting absolutely dumped on with al the stupid decisions. They have completely stopped listening to their customers and what they want and instead make their products to "their" vision of what their customer wants. While this has provided some nice things, it has put Apple too much in control of alot of aspects and really limits the customer experience.

This is absolute nut-bar stuff dude.

If you believe even half of this stuff your either a fool or seriously demented.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #138 of 242
Get some rest and take care of yourself. It is not all your or Apples fault in that has tied Apples success and fortunes to you and you alone. We the Apple faithful, the media and the investment pundits all share some of the blame.

You are an amazing man with vision and focus. It is time to focus on your health and your family. The team at Apple will keep the ship running fine.

I hope you get well soon.
post #139 of 242
Hormone imbalances can be cause by tumors growing on glands... like the pituitary gland for instance... which produces various hormones that control things like growth and metabolism. And the pancreas... which produces digestive enzymes that your body needs to break down carbs, protein and fats. That would be my guess. Such grows are usually operable I think though... and it doesn't mean it's cancer.

Whatever it is, I'm not going to assume he's dying. What a horrible way to think. I'd take his email at face value and wish him well. See you this summer Steve. Get well.
post #140 of 242
I personally think that it *will* have a great deal of influence on the day-to-day business at Apple when Steve is gone. One of the reasons that Apple is successful is the famous sentence "We make it because we like (to use or play with) it ourselves". If you would ask Steve who he meant with "we" here, he would probably answer "Well, I". That is why it might not be a good idea for Apple to listen to its customers. There may be a whole team of great people available, but that is also a danger, sometimes (as in Apple's case) you need *one* person to say the final "yes" or "no". Too many people can discuss a great idea to death, specifically when you get bean counters involved, just look at the auto industry.
That said, I wish that Steve will be able to enjoy life well into retirement but let's face it, it doesn't look good for him

Jan
post #141 of 242
Well, I'm not completely surprised at this... but it still saddens me. I hope this truly is what Apple's Media Relations and PR departments are saying: That Steve Jobs needs time to recuperate from a relatively straight forward health issue.

But...

I have a bad feeling that this is far more serious than what Apple and Mr Jobs are letting on. Instead of doing his usual Macworld Expo keynote, "Jobs took time to spend Christmas with his family". As much as I think that is a good thing and something maybe Jobs should have done years ago... my feeling is that this is an unusual move for a workaholic like Jobs and that he was diagnosed with something terminal. If this is the case, spending time with his family was less of a choice and more of an imperative.

I hope I am wrong. I wish Jobs a speedy recovery.
post #142 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Get a grip man. Do you have a life-size gold statue of him in your bedroom or something?

Of course! I can get you one too if you like...
post #143 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

Excellent point.

To many, Apple has become a joke because of this. The poignancy of the "MacBook Wheel" from the Onion comes to mind.

Both you and Merdhead are a couple of jackasses on a level so epic it defies comprehension.

Neither of you have a clue what you are talking about, nor do you have an iota of business knowledge.

Under Jobs' tenure, Apple went from near collapse to raging success the likes of which has not been seen in any company in modern history.

Apple has no debt.

Apple has grown every fiscal quarter for ten straight years at a rate that dwarfs any other public company in history, and managed to maintain double-digit profit increases the entire way.

Steve Jobs is at LEAST 50% responsible if not more for every bit of this success. You and merdhead should both waste no time jamming your heads firmly back into your asses.

Your collective level of stupidity is blinding.

It is quantum stupidity.

it is stupidity folded in upon itself and collapsing under its own weight from the gravity of a moronic singularity, at which you are the center, and from which nothing intelligent can ever escape.

do the world a favor.

Take your own life.

just consider it.

hugs.
post #144 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by codymr View Post

my feeling is that this is an unusual move for a workaholic like Jobs and that he was diagnosed with something terminal.

If he was diagnosed with something terminal... what would be the point in hiding that and saying "see you this summer"? No need to jump to conclusions like that. Let's take what he said at face value, relax and wish him and his family well.
post #145 of 242
Get well soon, Steve!
post #146 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Shit there goes my stock

Murch, I respect you a lot on these boards. I agree with you 99.9999% of the time, but that was cold man. This guy may be dying

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply
post #147 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

Both you and Merdhead are a couple of jackasses on a level so epic it defies comprehension.

Neither of you have a clue what you are talking about, nor do you have an iota of business knowledge.

Under Jobs' tenure, Apple went from near collapse to raging success the likes of which has not been seen in any company in modern history.

Apple has no debt.

Apple has grown every fiscal quarter for ten straight years at a rate that dwarfs any other public company in history, and managed to maintain double-digit profit increases the entire way.

Steve Jobs is at LEAST 50% responsible if not more for every bit of this success. You and merdhead should both waste no time jamming your heads firmly back into your asses.

Your collective level of stupidity is blinding.

It is quantum stupidity.

it is stupidity folded in upon itself and collapsing under its own weight from the gravity of a moronic singularity, at which you are the center, and from which nothing intelligent can ever escape.

do the world a favor.

Take your own life.

just consider it.

hugs.

Not only do I agree with everything you've said here about the two jackasses, your words are supremely funny as well. Thank you for brightening my day just a little
post #148 of 242
delete
post #149 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by codymr View Post

Well, I'm not completely surprised at this... but it still saddens me. I hope this truly is what Apple's Media Relations and PR departments are saying: That Steve Jobs needs time to recuperate from a relatively straight forward health issue.

But...

I have a bad feeling that this is far more serious than what Apple and Mr Jobs are letting on. Instead of doing his usual Macworld Expo keynote, "Jobs took time to spend Christmas with his family". As much as I think that is a good thing and something maybe Jobs should have done years ago... my feeling is that this is an unusual move for a workaholic like Jobs and that he was diagnosed with something terminal. If this is the case, spending time with his family was less of a choice and more of an imperative.

I hope I am wrong. I wish Jobs speedy recovery.

Good point, hope you are wrong too.
post #150 of 242
Get Well Soon Steve.
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
Reply
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
Reply
post #151 of 242
get well steve
post #152 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

If he was diagnosed with something terminal... what would be the point in hiding that and saying "see you this summer"? No need to jump to conclusions like that. Let's take what he said at face value, relax and wish him and his family well.

Other than for privacy reasons, the first thing that comes to mind is that Jobs and Apple do not want to panic investors... or Apple employees for that matter. They may have made the choice to act with very deliberate steps if in fact a bad diagnosis is true. I'd guess Apple and Jobs would want an orderly transfer of his responsibilities if the worst comes to light.

But, as you said "Let's take what he said at face value." Perhaps I was overstating with my original post and was thinking out loud. Like you, I hope the guy just needs a little time to get back to top form.
post #153 of 242
Nothing explains the pull and lurch of the sky,

how, sooner or later, each of us goes to answer;

no logic stills the heartbeat in the earth:

it never stops, it knits within the bone,

a world around the world we understand

waiting to be recovered and given names:

this gravity, this lifeblood in the thaw,

this salt of love, this mercury in absence.


John Burnside
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #154 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmarkb View Post

This has Enron written all over it

And, you've got Moron written all over you.
post #155 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Hopefully Steve pulls through, if not I hope he gets his house in order instead of disappearing abruptly.

Hate me for saying so, but does anyone remember what happened with Jim Henson? There are no immortals here.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #156 of 242
I'm sorry for some of you.

Steve helped Apple achieve great things, he did not cure HIV or brought world peace.

I switched to Mac an year ago, and "converted" my family too. As of now we have 2 Time Capsules, 2 iPhones 3G, an iPod Touch, a MacBook, a MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro (besides some extras). We are glad Apple introduced this products and the reason we have so many of them is that we were impressed by the simplicity, integration and design. (The last PC has the days counted)

Tank-You APPLE
Hope you get better STEVE
(Not the other way around, Apple is not Steve and I'm sure Steve is not Apple)
..more bugs than a Chinese restaurant.
~ Captain Obvious on Windows Vista
Reply
..more bugs than a Chinese restaurant.
~ Captain Obvious on Windows Vista
Reply
post #157 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco View Post

Yes. I'm sure he means that Jobs is fat.


Nah, I think it meant that you suck.
post #158 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hate me for saying so, but does anyone remember what happened with Jim Henson? There are no immortals here.

Jim who?

Just googled: James Maury "Jim" Henson (September 24, 1936 – May 16, 1990)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Henson
..more bugs than a Chinese restaurant.
~ Captain Obvious on Windows Vista
Reply
..more bugs than a Chinese restaurant.
~ Captain Obvious on Windows Vista
Reply
post #159 of 242
Get well soon, Steve.

All the best to you and your family during this difficult period.
post #160 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Really, pull you head out of your arse. I can't discuss Jobs death because... he's the CEO of a company? He's a billionaire? He has cancer? Are his children reading this thread?

Also I love Apple products, but not their lack of variety. Can you read?

"Steve is dead meat." Lovely way to put it you jackass. Hopefully people will talk that way about you if you get cancer. This has nothing to do about Apple, it has to do about a person getting better. Pull your head out of your arse you idiot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues