or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues - Page 6

post #201 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

And, you've got Moron written all over you.

post #202 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

I believe that you are the user interviewed by the Onion, who said:

"If it's shiny and made by Apple, I'll buy it."

The fanatics in this thread who practically proclaim that they would lay down their lives for Steve Jobs and the incredible fanboishness of defending Apple at all costs really turn off other users from Apple.

So because we are concerned about a man's well being as decent human beings makes us fanboys and fanatics, well call me a fanboy then.
post #203 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueces View Post

...


Hey genius Apple is the only company out there that doesn't listen to customers, big old evil Apple.
post #204 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

There's a lot of insensitive comments being allowed here by a few internet tough guys. I wonder would you say some of these comments to his face or family?

If ever there was a time to start looking a little closer at memberships then this is it.

Get well soon Steve!!

This is what the internet has done, it has given a bunch of wimps a place to vent their frustration and anger out, they couldn't possibly do this in real life and they don't even have the audacity to do that but I guess that's the world we live in.
post #205 of 242
Let's just say I have delivered an iMac 24" to the Deputy Prime Minister's house in a South East Asian country where I've been residing for a few years. Met his wife and kids, set up the iMac 24" in his study room. He himself was at an official function at the time I went to the residence.

The Ruling Elite are more interested in iPhones (no doubt), but more the latest Nokias and LouisV. bags.

It is the upper side of the middle class in the developing world (I'll speak for Asia, at least) where when they're looking at a slightly more featured cheapo Dell vs. a MacBook, a lot of people in the past few years have been choosing the MacBook.

The iPhone 3G may be 2 month's salary in many countries but you betcha people will save hard for it.

The percentage of people that can reasonably afford a Mac may be low, but remember how large a population there is in Asia.

Let's say in Asia, working adults between 20 to 45 years old, if your Acer laptop has crapped out on you for the 3rd time running and you feel like smashing it, you wouldn't mind considering the 25% more expensive (by price, not by value) Mac laptop if you have a better computing experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

How wrong can you get!

Have you been anywhere in the "developing world"? Apple is practically non-existent and basically ignores the occupants. They don't have the readies, simple as that.

People buy what they can afford and have serviced and in these countries it is cheap clones.

Louis Vuitton has done an equally great job on the 3rd world (…Ruling Elite).

If it weren't for the rest of the post I'd think you were taking a massive rise out of us.
post #206 of 242
So another CEO lied to the public and his company's shareholders. Anyone surprised? Massive ego meets Wall Street. I hope Apple gets taken to the cleaners in court and their stock price plummets permanently.
post #207 of 242
I wish you a speedy recovery Steve. Turn off the media and get some rest. Apple is in a great position to continue forward in your absence. So kick back with your family, download some funny tv shows on iTunes, load em up on your Apple TV which is probably plugged into a pretty cool TV! Have your self some well deserved rest!

-Very Happy Apple Customer going on 20 years
post #208 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Lawsuits that will get thrown out of court. An individual's medical records and status aren't usurped by the needs of stockholders. I think it's absurd for someone to even think they have a right to know about the health of another. Anyone that has operated under the auspices of HIPPA compliance knows that better.


The fact is he lied. We'll see where it goes. In any case Apple will be distracted from what you and the fanboys want to see. PRODUCTS.
post #209 of 242
Bloomberg is reporting "Steve Jobs May Have Pancreas Removed After Cancer "
post #210 of 242
See you in a June, Steve. Take care!

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply
post #211 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dequardo View Post

The fact is he lied. We'll see where it goes. In any case Apple will be distracted from what you and the fanboys want to see. PRODUCTS.

You can prove that he lied as a fact?! Or was he just giving a summary of the information provided to him at the time by his physicians? Which they themselves can moderate, adjust or have to go back to the drawing board with a whole new approach as to what may be happening to ones health. Kind of like the guessing game they do on sick patients on the tv show "House" or if you need real life examples, watch "Mystery Diagnosis"!

http://health.discovery.com/fansites...diagnosis.html

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply
post #212 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Let's just say I have delivered an iMac 24" to the Deputy Prime Minister's house in a South East Asian country where I've been residing for a few years. Met his wife and kids, set up the iMac 24" in his study room. He himself was at an official function at the time I went to the residence.

The Ruling Elite are more interested in iPhones (no doubt), but more the latest Nokias and LouisV. bags.

It is the upper side of the middle class in the developing world (I'll speak for Asia, at least) where when they're looking at a slightly more featured cheapo Dell vs. a MacBook, a lot of people in the past few years have been choosing the MacBook.

The iPhone 3G may be 2 month's salary in many countries but you betcha people will save hard for it.

The percentage of people that can reasonably afford a Mac may be low, but remember how large a population there is in Asia.

Let's say in Asia, working adults between 20 to 45 years old, if your Acer laptop has crapped out on you for the 3rd time running and you feel like smashing it, you wouldn't mind considering the 25% more expensive (by price, not by value) Mac laptop if you have a better computing experience.

Let's say you have cracked wide open the market for Deputy PMs in SE Asian countries.

Now for the other 3 billion Asians
post #213 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dequardo View Post

The fact is he lied. We'll see where it goes. In any case Apple will be distracted from what you and the fanboys want to see. PRODUCTS.

What has Jobs said that is a lie and how do you know that it is?
post #214 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Lawsuits that will get thrown out of court. An individual's medical records and status aren't usurped by the needs of stockholders. I think it's absurd for someone to even think they have a right to know about the health of another. Anyone that has operated under the auspices of HIPPA compliance knows that better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

What has Jobs said that is a lie and how do you know that it is?


Compare his last two public statements and get back to me. I suppose you thought Bill Clinton wasn't lying either.
post #215 of 242
God bless you, Steve. I'm praying that He'll make you better.

I also pray for the multitude of people who have committed, each in their own way, their money, their time, and their lives to the concepts, products, and culture that Steve and others at Apple developed, fostered, and brought into being. May we all, as we had hoped when we made those commitments, be the better for it.

And thanks, Steve, for all the good you've done so far. May you come back soon and enjoy doing even more. Until you can, though, please let us know how you think we can improve what you've built and help it endure. In the meantime, though, we, like you, will continue to do the best we can.
post #216 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

You can prove that he lied as a fact?! Or was he just giving a summary of the information provided to him at the time by his physicians? Which they themselves can moderate, adjust or have to go back to the drawing board with a whole new approach as to what may be happening to ones health.

Compare his last two public statements. You tell me? Are his doctors imcompetent?
post #217 of 242
The best thing Apple could do right now or in the next week is release a couple new products (updates that is). This would boost consumer moral and possibly stockholder confidence.

Hope Steve get's well soon, but Apple should have had a plan ready for his retirement or other.
--------------------------
"Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?"
-Steve Jobs
Reply
--------------------------
"Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?"
-Steve Jobs
Reply
post #218 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

Hope Steve get's well soon, but Apple should have had a plan ready for his retirement or other.

I wonder how that would have been broached within Apple?

Saddam Hussein and Stalin used to ask for an honest opinion as to whether they should retire or step aside. Anyone foolish enough to say they should, was taken outside and shot.
post #219 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

I believe that you are the user interviewed by the Onion, who said:

"If it's shiny and made by Apple, I'll buy it."

The fanatics in this thread who practically proclaim that they would lay down their lives for Steve Jobs and the incredible fanboishness of defending Apple at all costs really turn off other users from Apple.

Your dismissive, know-it-all anti-fanboy stance notwithstanding, you are still a moron of epic proportions.

Not a sinlge word of my post was anything other than a repitition of facts already established, it was far from fanboy blather and blind deviotion.

Again, take your own life, you foul, unhappy, miserable fool.

the world will be a better place for it.
post #220 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

I wonder how that would have been broached within Apple?

Saddam Hussein and Stalin used to ask for an honest opinion as to whether they should retire or step aside. Anyone foolish enough to say they should, was taken outside and shot.

As much as SJ was/is dedicated to the success of Apple maybe he should have stepped up with a plan/successor. And there's more to Apple than just Mr Jobs, there's a board and it takes more than just him to oust another member for speaking their mind. I'm not saying he should have stepped aside, but just a plan for retirement. Even Gates knew this was a smart thing to do and I can't stand BG, but this is business.
--------------------------
"Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?"
-Steve Jobs
Reply
--------------------------
"Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?"
-Steve Jobs
Reply
post #221 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

As much as SJ was dedicated to the success of Apple maybe he should have stepped up with a plan/successor. And there's more to Apple than just Mr Jobs, there's a board and it takes more than just him to oust another member for speaking their mind. I'm not saying he should have stepped aside, but just a plan for retirement. Even Gates knew this was a smart thing to do and I can't stand BG, but this is business.

Just reading a piece on Tim Cook in the SMH and he appears to be one sharp cookie, but his expertise is in production and inventory management. Apple really needs someone who can pick what should fill that inventory as important as it is to get the delivery right.

Steve Jobs is obviously the inspiration man who could drive the designers to great ideas and keep them focused till completion. It doesn't sound like Tim Cook is that kind of leader.

I wonder whether Steve's illness has lead to the drift in current models and software. I don't see anything new on the horizon and what is on the shelves is pretty ordinary. In the case of the aluminium iMacs not even that.
post #222 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Meh, I'll talk about things the way I see fit. If you're so bloody sensitive, stop reading, some things are only for grownups. Also try to come up with your own insults instead of copying mine.

An obvious grown up would use phrases like "Steve is dead meat?"
Of course!!! How silly of me! You're such the intellectual. A thousand pardons my limey friend.
Now piss off and learn some manners when speaking in public.
post #223 of 242
Steven P. Jobs could be dictator of the world and I'd be thrilled. This man is a symbol of the modern age. I don't know if many realize just how HUGE his legacy will be once he leaves this earth for the next, and not just in the computer world. He is THE businessman of the 20th and 21st centuries. Thank you for making my life easier and better Steve.
post #224 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dequardo View Post

So another CEO lied to the public and his company's shareholders. Anyone surprised? Massive ego meets Wall Street. I hope Apple gets taken to the cleaners in court and their stock price plummets permanently.

Good thing you're lacking a history of credible statements so far.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #225 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Bloomberg is reporting "Steve Jobs May Have Pancreas Removed After Cancer "

[I]Jobs said yesterday hes taking a five-month leave of absence after discovering%2

That story is complete conjecture.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #226 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser777 View Post

An obvious grown up would use phrases like "Steve is dead meat?"
Of course!!! How silly of me! You're such the intellectual. A thousand pardons my limey friend.
Now piss off and learn some manners when speaking in public.

You, like Steve Jobs, just can't take the truth. That right, STEVE IS DEAD MEAT. How I say it is immaterial. He's dying and he doesn't seem to be able to accept is it. If you can't accept it then go cry somewhere instead of telling people what they should say and think.

What is really a shame is that you aren't in the same boat, then we wouldn't have to listen to you crap on.
post #227 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

You, like Steve Jobs, just can't take the truth. That right, STEVE IS DEAD MEAT. How I say it is immaterial. He's dying and he doesn't seem to be able to accept is it. If you can't accept it then go cry somewhere instead of telling people what they should say and think.

What is really a shame is that you aren't in the same boat, then we wouldn't have to listen to you crap on.

Wow... you are one sad little person. So nice of you to wish a terminal illness on someone for expressing a different opinion than yours. Very mature.
post #228 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

That story is complete conjecture.

That won't stop AppleInsider from reporting it on the front page, which it did.
post #229 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Steven P. Jobs could be dictator of the world and I'd be thrilled. This man is a symbol of the modern age. I don't know if many realize just how HUGE his legacy will be once he leaves this earth for the next, and not just in the computer world. He is THE businessman of the 20th and 21st centuries. Thank you for making my life easier and better Steve.

Ditto. Thank you. That business can be profitable and beautiful, and approaching (not quite 100% there yet) sustainability too. As for him being a tyrant, well, there's been far worse.
post #230 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

The best thing Apple could do right now or in the next week is release a couple new products (updates that is). This would boost consumer moral and possibly stockholder confidence.

Hope Steve get's well soon, but Apple should have had a plan ready for his retirement or other.

Plays right into what I said, it's all planned.
First Steve said he won't do MW09
Then no more MW
No products announced at MW, even though many websites had good rumors and
have never been this far off.
Then Hormone Story
Then the leave..

While I wish him well, this has been planned from a while back.

Except for yogurt story which is 3rd party, when was he seen last?

He will NOT be coming back.

Rest Steve, you deserve it.
post #231 of 242
Generally I hate you but you may be right. It seems to be a controlled step back. That said, Apple too was said to be d00med many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

Plays right into what I said, it's all planned.
First Steve said he won't do MW09
Then no more MW
No products announced at MW, even though many websites had good rumors and
have never been this far off.
Then Hormone Story
Then the leave..

While I wish him well, this has been planned from a while back.

Except for yogurt story which is 3rd party, when was he seen last?

He will NOT be coming back.

Rest Steve, you deserve it.
post #232 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

See you in a June, Steve. Take care!

No, unfortunately, the writing is on the wall, the odds he will be coming back are slim to none.
post #233 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Generally I hate you but you may be right. It seems to be a controlled step back. That said, Apple too was said to be d00med many times.

It stinks that he's not coming back but you have to wonder, will Apple go back to creating computers instead of worrying about the consumer electronic business and on top of creating cutting edge, start to become more competitive?

We won't see any Apple POST Jobs until LATE 2009 or early 2010. Most of the planning and marketing has been planned well in advance.
post #234 of 242
I don't think it's 100% that he's not coming back. There is too much speculation going on around this story (and all the other stories around Jobs), to make a conclusion. Time will tell.

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply
post #235 of 242
If he comes back, it will be in a supplemental role. This summer Apple will announce a change in leadership. Cook will be CEO. Ive will be CCO (Chief Creative Officer) or something like it...

Jobs will be back to tell Apple engineers that design sucks, but nothing else...
post #236 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

If he comes back, it will be in a supplemental role. This summer Apple will announce a change in leadership. Cook will be CEO. Ive will be CCO (Chief Creative Officer) or something like it...

Jobs will be back to tell Apple engineers that design sucks, but nothing else...

Who will be the COO then? Curious...
post #237 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Who will be the COO then? Curious...

I presume an individual directly under Cook would be promoted....
post #238 of 242
I wish a speedy recovery for Steve Jobs.....
A storehouse of complete knowledge on Software Testing
Software Testing Genius
Reply
A storehouse of complete knowledge on Software Testing
Software Testing Genius
Reply
post #239 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

If he comes back, it will be in a supplemental role. This summer Apple will announce a change in leadership. Cook will be CEO. Ive will be CCO (Chief Creative Officer) or something like it...

Jobs will be back to tell Apple engineers that design sucks, but nothing else...

You state this as fact. I'm not saying this isn't a good guess, but I don't think you know more than the investors at this point. I think a lot of people are up in the air right now. Hell bring Jobs back as Chief Architect. He doesn't need to be CEO. But you saw what happened when Gates moved down to Chief Architect.... m$ plummeted.

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply
post #240 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by emig647 View Post

You state this as fact. I'm not saying this isn't a good guess, but I don't think you know more than the investors at this point. I think a lot of people are up in the air right now. Hell bring Jobs back as Chief Architect. He doesn't need to be CEO. But you saw what happened when Gates moved down to Chief Architect.... m$ plummeted.

You are right. Its only my opinion. I should have worded as such...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues