or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues

Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues - Page 7

post #241 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by emig647 View Post

You state this as fact. I'm not saying this isn't a good guess, but I don't think you know more than the investors at this point. I think a lot of people are up in the air right now. Hell bring Jobs back as Chief Architect. He doesn't need to be CEO. But you saw what happened when Gates moved down to Chief Architect.... m$ plummeted.

Look you guys, I don't think anyone can not wish Steve well, with or without Firewire :-)

Seriously, he helped (with Ive's), change the world to some extent and with the switchers and their seemingly high end tweaking and going to tweakers places, I think Apple will grow and someday have all the products covered at every price point, just a matter of time, with the super high end as the premium.

Anyway, if you step back and look at everything, it comes across as pre-planned and therefore the news about Jobs will come out sometime this Spring. I don't think he'll be coming back.

Get well we hope, for him and all of us and anyone who is ill, sad, un-happy.
post #242 of 242
It is a long time away, about 6 months, roughly... Even if Steve comes back and is 100% active in the company for about a year or two, most of Steve's work in the next 2 to 3 years will really be a strongly advisory, consultative, and heavily preparation- and grooming-oriented approach.

Steve's vision and tenacity, at some stage, the rest of the company has to operate as a unit and leadership options must be in place. For Apple to find a new groove, post-Jobs.

What is amazing is that the talent and passion of so many in the USA and around the world with regard to the Apple brand, means that at least for the company, the company won't be short of good employees and so on. It's just the right leadership must be in place and filter down from there, and a real vision must be in place post-Jobs.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues