or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Preemptive Betrayed by the Messiah Thread

The Preemptive Betrayed by the Messiah Thread - Page 4

post #121 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The media won't even question Obama. The comics won't even joke about Obama. The cartoonists won't even draw him.

It's not that they haven't, they just hasn't been drawing him well.

Being a cartoonist, I have been watching their attempts to draw him and it's pretty pitiful. But they HAVE been...plenty...examples...

post #122 of 132

For some reason, Canadians think Obama has blue lips...

Now there are also many, many more...need I go on...?
post #123 of 132
Oh trumptman I know you're out there watching!

Quote:
It would be sort of like saying "what polls?"

One more thing : http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ancial-crisis/

Quote:
CNN Poll: GOP takes brunt of blame for economy, Obama gains
Posted: 04:03 PM ET

This was posted in Sept. Do you really think their attittude has changed?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #124 of 132
I think you should go on because in all but one of your examples, Obama is not the subject of the joke.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #125 of 132
Quote:

I think you should go on because in all but one of your examples, Obama is not the subject of the joke.

Ok...

Townhall.com has compiled and published a shitload of them. Everyday. 24/7.

Oh, and as far as comedians? Well, I don't watch the late shows.

And Dennis Miller isn't funny anymore.

Name me a successful conservative comedian......................thought so.
post #126 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Ok...

Townhall.com has compiled and published a shitload of them. Everyday. 24/7.

Oh, and as far as comedians? Well, I don't watch the late shows.

And Dennis Miller isn't funny anymore.

Name me a successful conservative comedian......................thought so.

Congrats on finding Ramirez. It shows there is at least one guy out there doing his job.

Late night comedians, I actually think most of them will find their groove and have just been grabbing the low hanging fruit for now. No one wanted to be accused of getting in the way of "history" now did they?

Successful conservative comedian, there probably aren't many that is true. However I do consider Limbaugh, Maher and Coulter all to be in the same group whatever we care to call that group. Most would probably add Colbert and Stewart to that as well.

post #127 of 132
Quote:

Congrats on finding Ramirez. It shows there is at least one guy out there doing his job.

Ah, so you knew they exist and yet you still whine...

Quote:
Late night comedians, I actually think most of them will find their groove and have just been grabbing the low hanging fruit for now. No one wanted to be accused of getting in the way of "history" now did they?

Yes, history is a day to day process, but give them some time...

Quote:
Successful conservative comedian, there probably aren't many that is true. However I do consider Limbaugh, Maher and Coulter all to be in the same group whatever we care to call that group. Most would probably add Colbert and Stewart to that as well.

Limbaugh isn't funny, his expertise (as with Coulter) is to encourage your listeners' fears and insecurities. Affirm their prejudices. Uphold their bigotry as a virtue. Praise their ignorance as "down-home values". Make them feel better about themselves by telling them they're not the lowest rung on society's ladder. Enrage them by telling them that other people are to blame for all their problems. Point out who those people are so that your listeners know who to hate.

The rest are stand up comedians. In many cases, they do have a free pass, just as Don Rickles. But not for hatred and bigotry. A fine line, but most comedians know where to draw that line.

Conservative comedians? Drew Carey was one, until he gave up in 2004.

There is also Evan Sayat. Hasn't made much of an impact, but he is good.

Ben Stein?...need I say more...\
post #128 of 132
Haha...

Victoria Jackson!

Love that Drew Carey Article.

Quote:
Critics blame the lack of conservative comedians in the US on IQ. "To be a good comic, you have to be pretty intelligent. That's where it all falls down for the CCA.

LOL
post #129 of 132
In other news...

Awesomeness abounds!
post #130 of 132
Ok. this one made me laugh...

...on a sad note, MAD magazine will start publishing only quarterly, because of the economy.

post #131 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

You forgot the Bush halos?

How convenient. They were everywhere in 2002 when we were all saying 'If we go into Iraq it will be a disaster'.

(Above from a website called 'retakingamerica'

Yesterday's Toronto Star added a new 'Messiah' photo.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #132 of 132
Wait, Obama doesn't just look like that normally?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Preemptive Betrayed by the Messiah Thread