or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Inauguration Jan 20, 2009

Obama's Inauguration Jan 20, 2009 - Page 6

post #201 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

More like thread beginning. OMG, do you know how happy it probably just made Rush Limbaugh to be specifically mentioned by Obama? Hey, Mr. Cool just flinched and it was Limbaugh that made him do it. Who do you want to listen to come Monday?

Someone will remind President Obama that Mr. Limbaugh wasn't in an election against him. Then someone will wonder why to be bipartisan all you have to do is cover your eyes, ears and mouth and sit in ignorance.

Well, I know you'd get a hard-on from it.

Obama's playing this just right. The Republicans are trying two strategies here. Some of them are ignoring Obama's plan and proposing a completely separate, Limbaugh-approved, Bush Tax Cuts II plan, which they know won't pass but it gives them a talking point for political posturing. The other Republican strategy has been to actually offer a few useful ideas.

In this meeting, Obama thoroughly smacked down the right-wing posturing, and he showed that he was receptive to reasonable ideas from the other side.

Ignoring Limbaugh and taking the high road doesn't really seem to work. That's always been the Democrat strategy toward him, but it really just seems to make him think he's empowered to say any idiotic thing he wants with no reprisals. Maybe instead of shrugging him off, people should start shouting him down for once. We all know he's a cowardly blowhard who can't stand up to real opposition or debate.

So maybe we should start giving him and his ilk just that.

post #202 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Obama's playing this just right. The Republicans are trying two strategies here. Some of them are ignoring Obama's plan and proposing a completely separate, Limbaugh-approved, Bush Tax Cuts II plan, which they know won't pass but it gives them a talking point for political posturing. The other Republican strategy has been to actually offer a few useful ideas.

In this meeting, Obama thoroughly smacked down the right-wing posturing, and he showed that he was receptive to reasonable ideas from the other side.

Ignoring Limbaugh and taking the high road doesn't really seem to work. That's always been the Democrat strategy toward him, but it really just seems to make him think he's empowered to say any idiotic thing he wants with no reprisals. Maybe instead of shrugging him off, people should start shouting him down for once. We all know he's a cowardly blowhard who can't stand up to real opposition or debate.

I'm all for that. Just like here they wouldn't stand a chance.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #203 of 223
Just because a statement fits someone, or they think a statement fits them, or they think that someone thinks a statement fits them, does not mean it's about them.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #204 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Just because a statement fits someone, or they think a statement fits them, or they think that someone thinks a statement fits them, does not mean it's about them.

AD-HOM!! AD-HOM!! AD-HOM!!!

You, sir, have been reported.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #205 of 223
Quote:

If you refute the idea that is different. The two are separate. Listen, I "get" the fact that it is now important to repeat the claim over and over because I laid the evidence out there so clear a blind man could see it.

Dude, you know what is priceless, knowing that any lurker reading these forums will see the intellectual capital of the left consists of nothing but piling on while adding nothing.

Commenting on yourself in code? Can you ad-hom yourself?

More like thread beginning. OMG, do you know how happy it probably just made Rush Limbaugh to be specifically mentioned by Obama? Hey, Mr. Cool just flinched and it was Limbaugh that made him do it. Who do you want to listen to come Monday?

Someone will remind President Obama that Mr. Limbaugh wasn't in an election against him. Then someone will wonder why to be bipartisan all you have to do is cover your eyes, ears and mouth and sit in ignorance.

Obama's right. It's Mr. Limbaugh's type that has sunk the Republican party. As soon as they get that and move on to form a better PR of themselves representing something closer to a classic Republican and not a smoke and mirrors, blo hard, oaf of a Neocon ( because the time of the Neocons is over ), and try to appeal to the american voter the sooner they'll be back on top. But even then it'll take awhile. Remember most Americans blame Bush and the Republicans for our current state of affairs.

Things actually have to improve a bit before they start to forget. So you'd better pray that Obama's plans work because strangely enough they're the only hope Republicans have of getting back into the limelight in a shorter period of time. Of course they have to change in the mean time as well.

They really need to get that this kind of bull shit isn't a highly prized commodity these days and it's unpopular. It may be 29% popular but unpopular as a whole. And they need the whole.
post #206 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Obama's right. It's Mr. Limbaugh's type that has sunk the Republican party. As soon as they get that and move on to form a better PR of themselves representing something closer to a classic Republican and not a smoke and mirrors, blo hard, oaf of a Neocon ( because the time of the Neocons is over ), and try to appeal to the american voter the sooner they'll be back on top. But even then it'll take awhile. Remember most Americans blame Bush and the Republicans for our current state of affairs.

Things actually have to improve a bit before they start to forget. So you'd better pray that Obama's plans work because strangely enough they're the only hope Republicans have of getting back into the limelight in a shorter period of time. Of course they have to change in the mean time as well.

They really need to get that this kind of bull shit isn't a highly prized commodity these days and it's unpopular. It may be 29% popular but unpopular as a whole. And they need the whole.

... and 84% of Americans believe Obama is doing a good job so far, meaning lots of people who voted McCain/Palin support the new president. Rush and his cronies are in that rather small 16% somewhere, and are probably feeling rather lonely. (16% likely includes no opinion, too, so Rush isn't representing but a very small, rabid part of the populace).

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #207 of 223
I think we're likely to see (or are seeing) the reduction of that demographic-- and by reduction I mean in the soup stock sense, where the intensity increases as the volume shrinks.

At some point we may reach the pure bullion cube of Rush conservatism: tiny, but packed with seething resentment and delicious crazy.

At some point, the national mood will provide the boiling water, and the larger but less flavorful conservatism will be born anew.

Either that or they'll go right past "compacted" into "imploded" and become a black hole, from which nothing will ever escape again.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #208 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I think we're likely to see (or are seeing) the reduction of that demographic-- and by reduction I mean in the soup stock sense, where the intensity increases as the volume shrinks.

At some point we may reach the pure bullion cube of Rush conservatism: tiny, but packed with seething resentment and delicious crazy.

At some point, the national mood will provide the boiling water, and the larger but less flavorful conservatism will be born anew.

Either that or they'll go right past "compacted" into "imploded" and become a black hole, from which nothing will ever escape again.

As of late people in the majority have found that particular dish to be not very healthy.

So sales are down of this particular recipe. Sure it might come back someday but for the forseeable future it's toast!
post #209 of 223
Quote:

So sales are down of this particular recipe. Sure it might come back someday but for the forseeable future it's toast!

Is it soup or toast?

Don't you mean 'croutons'?
post #210 of 223
Quote:

Obama's right. It's Mr. Limbaugh's type that has sunk the Republican party.

Yet, if my enemy were leading himself and his dirty rabble down the path of self anhillation, I would be praising his actions and be hoping for more of it.

Hail Limbaugh.
post #211 of 223
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #212 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkapp View Post

Yet, if my enemy were leading himself and his dirty rabble down the path of self anhillation, I would be praising his actions and be hoping for more of it.

Hail Limbaugh.

Don't underestimate Obama's caginess. He's been patiently laying the groundwork for "I welcome your principled opposition in the spirit of bipartisanship" exactly because it allows him to play the "but I reject your obstructionist, know-nothing bullshit" card.

I think he intends to lend a helping hand to whatever remains of a programmatic Republicanism, drawing them into the process and publicly praising their contributions, while isolating and shaming the Limbaugh faction.

And I believe he will do this, not out of any spitefulness, but because he is aware that there are ginormous problems to be tackled and the country can ill-afford the side show of Paleocon posturing.
post #213 of 223
Quote:

Don't underestimate Obama's caginess. He's been patiently laying the groundwork for "I welcome your principled opposition in the spirit of bipartisanship" exactly because it allows him to play the "but I reject your obstructionist, know-nothing bullshit" card.

I think he intends to lend a helping hand to whatever remains of a programmatic Republicanism, drawing them into the process and publicly praising their contributions, while isolating and shaming the Limbaugh faction.

And I believe he will do this, not out of any spitefulness, but because he is aware that there are ginormous problems to be tackled and the country can ill-afford the side show of Paleocon posturing.

... Neolithicon posturing?
post #214 of 223
Quote:

I'm sorry trumptman but this sounds more like you than it does adda.

Yeah because you know so much about me to make such a claim. Don't go outside your area of expertise. I am not your expertise. Get a hobby.

Quote:

What a lame retort.

Your offended by my pics? I'm offended by the lack of humanity.

You think I'm happy another drone attack in Pakistan happened on Obama's watch? I'm not. The CIA has the authority to launch attacks in Pakistan without the presidents approval though. He didn't order it. He merely acknowledged the mission. But that is (and will be) troubling.

Anything he can do to change that, as he is willing to do with other shit that Bush left behind gives hope that he will.

Carry on with your show...

Listen, if you are so offended, then stop cluttering up the thought process that allows change. It is offensive to claim to desire change while disrupting the very discussions that can empower it. Give the people cartoons and watch them think like four year olds.

Quote:

Real opposition or debate would cause the left to collapse in a heap. They deal in caricatures and insults. Obama is already tearing at everything that even raises an eyebrow at the mere thought of "wasting questions" on daring to ponder what he suggests as a plan. His own party will rip itself apart ready to fall on their utopian sword. No solution will be perfect and "good enough" is something worth dying over until it is bought out with trillions in spending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Yeah I mean it would be paranoid to think that, but of course when someone calls the person out and they NAME the person and others still want to claim it isn't about that person, well then they would just be fucking idiots.

Quote:

Hey Jimmac, congrats on putting together more than three fragments and a smiley. You love your trends so just remember that the last time the Democrats controlled both houses and the presidency it took a whole two years for the wheels to come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

... and 84% of Americans believe Obama is doing a good job so far, meaning lots of people who voted McCain/Palin support the new president. Rush and his cronies are in that rather small 16% somewhere, and are probably feeling rather lonely. (16% likely includes no opinion, too, so Rush isn't representing but a very small, rabid part of the populace).

Sorry those numbers are already down and normalizing with the first true poll. I guess we should play with numbers too. Since Obama is already down to 68% from 83% (15 points in a week) we can just project that amount of loss per week out until he should be impeached by summer.

Quote:

You've made me hungry. I like the commercials best with the sock puppets. They really help sell the soup more than the dancing bongo players.

Quote:

He's cagey. He is so very cagey. I mean now he'll have to be that one president at a time and comment on issues. Maybe next week when he wanders into the press room he might have to even answer question rather than telling them about the gym where he polishes up his abs. The week after that those seething factions might not even want to know about the first dog anymore and the week after that, they might even want to know the details of his trillion dollar stimulus plan.

I'm sure though that when they do that, he'll just talk about the gym, the dog, ask them not to waste questions and then tell them that all opposition is just bullshit.

Soup is the new pie.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #215 of 223
Ahh, impeachment stirrings at 68%... sounds desperate.

This is a new poll; don't know who ran that other one I had seen... it was pre-inanauguration, so it was also probably tons of hype. Different polls will show different ratings, anyways, as we saw during the election.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/..._wh/obama_poll

O is doing pretty well:

Kennedy was highest at 72%
Eisenhower & Obama 68%
Carter 66%

Dubya came in at 57%
Reagan and Bush I were both at 51%

If we go to disapproval ratings, once again, Obama is doing well:
Obama 12% (which this poll considered "typical")
Clinton 20%
Dubya 25%

Hmm, if poll numbers suggest impending impeachment, Dubya would have been a gonner. Where did he end up... 29%? (Just edged out Nixon with that figure.) Which was up at the very end, possibly because people were happy to see him not screw up anything else towards the end and he was leaving.

(If our Data Specialist In Residence would post a graphic, that would be most appreciated.)

post #216 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Ahh, impeachment stirrings at 68%... sounds desperate.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/..._wh/obama_poll

O is doing pretty well:

Kennedy was highest at 72%
Eisenhower & Obama 68%
Carter 66%

Dubya came in at 57%
Reagan and Bush I were both at 51%

If we go to disapproval ratings, once again, Obama is doing well:
Obama 12% (which this poll considered "typical")
Clinton 20%
Dubya 25%

Hmm, if poll numbers suggest impending impeachment, Dubya would have been a gonner. Where did he end up... 29%? (Just edged out Nixon with that figure.) Which was up at the very end, possibly because people were happy to see him not screw up anything else towards the end and he was leaving.

Congratulations. You've shown everyone was approved right after being elected.

Any other conclusions after that are ridiculous bullshit.

post #217 of 223
Was just re-watching the trip to the WH after the inauguartion... wish The Beast were better looking. Personally I can't stand the front grille. Don't want to even begin to imagine the mileage it gets; sad that we have come to the point where it is necessary.

post #218 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Is it soup or toast?

Don't you mean 'croutons'?

Well for that you can substitute " Bad taste in their mouths " as in eeeewwww!
post #219 of 223
Quote:

Congratulations. You've shown everyone was approved right after being elected.

Any other conclusions after that are ridiculous bullshit.

This coming from someone who seems ( from the nature of his posts ) to be so out of touch with what's going on in the world is really kind of odd.
post #220 of 223
Huff Po

Quote:
The nomination of William Lynn as Deputy Secretary of Defense has placed Barack Obama under the burn of political heat just days into the presidency.

Having lobbied the government on behalf of the defense industry giant Raytheon, Lynn's appointment violates the newly-instituted ethics guidelines that the president applied to his staff shortly after taking office. Questioned about the transgression, the White House said Lynn was being granted a waiver.

Go waivers.......

Waivers... who needs a bus when you can just say I lie and afterward say "I won bitches. Now bow down!"

post #221 of 223
Quote:

Huff Po

Go waivers.......

Waivers... who needs a bus when you can just say I lie and afterward say "I won bitches. Now bow down!"

God! That was just horrible!
post #222 of 223
Quote:

This coming from someone who seems ( from the nature of his posts ) to be so out of touch with what's going on in the world is really kind of funny.

Quote:

God! That was just horrible!

Someone really loves commenting on posting style.

I can't believe all you Obama voters missed this. I mean seriously, how can you call yourself an Obama supporter and make no mention of National Pie Day which BTW, was yesterday.

Those Obama priorities are already falling by the wayside. When a pie is eaten in the forest, does it make any noise?

post #223 of 223
Quote:

Those Obama priorities are already falling by the wayside. When a pie is eaten in the forest, does it make any noise?

For many years the right wing got away with defining the debate and the left was to high-minded to stoop to that level. I'll get trumpted for saying this, but thank the gods for the Denis Campbells of the world. The left has needed an aggressive and confrontational arm for some time. Now that it has emerged, the results speak for themselves.

Rule 13 of Alinksy's Rules for Radicals:

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Obama has learned well from Saul Alinksy.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Inauguration Jan 20, 2009