or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MDD, Sonnet Tempo and System Profiler

MDD, Sonnet Tempo and System Profiler

post #1 of 4
My MDD (G4, Dual 1.25) has a Sonnet Tempo Serial ATA 2-Port that allows two serial ATA drives to be installed internally. I have one drive connected to it right now, yet System Profiler sees it not as a Serial-ATA drive, but as a regular ATA drive along with the other two ATA drives. Is this normal? Or should it be listed as a Serial ATA? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks for any help.
--------------------------
"Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?"
-Steve Jobs
-Steve Jobs
post #2 of 4
what does Disk Utility say?

do the drives work ok? as long as everything works...
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1036 View Post

what does Disk Utility say?

do the drives work ok? as long as everything works...

DU shows the drives and space, but say nothing about SATA. The drives work fine.

Just as a note, I called MacSales yesterday and they said that it's normal for them to show up as regular ATA drives, so I guess I'm ok.

Thanks for the reply.
-Steve Jobs
-Steve Jobs
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

DU shows the drives and space, but say nothing about SATA. The drives work fine.

Just as a note, I called MacSales yesterday and they said that it's normal for them to show up as regular ATA drives, so I guess I'm ok.

Thanks for the reply.

I bought the SIIG card from them, think mine actually say Serial ATA in the DU when you open the properties panel...

So I will defer to their judgement on this one.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MDD, Sonnet Tempo and System Profiler