or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › AAPL Price Moves
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AAPL Price Moves

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
So, what's with the massive upswing in APPL, up almost every day, in the last couple of weeks? And +2.5% today, when there seems to be no major news (other than Kindle)?
post #2 of 8
It is just the market moving up, nothing apple specific. I sold at 96 hoping for a pullback, and it didn't work out for me...
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

It is just the market moving up, nothing apple specific. I sold at 96 hoping for a pullback, and it didn't work out for me...

No, I am afraid it's not the market moving up.

Since January 21, Apple is up ~25%, while the NASDAQ has been flat, and the S&500 is up less than 2%.
post #4 of 8
The market is moving up. I watch it everyday. A solid company like apple will out preform the indexes these days but all in all things are going higher lately. I'm still worried about a long slow summer slide. I keep hoping were at the bottom. BUY BABY BUY!
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

The market is moving up. I watch it everyday. A solid company like apple will out preform the indexes these days but all in all things are going higher lately. I'm still worried about a long slow summer slide. I keep hoping were at the bottom. BUY BABY BUY!

See above.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

No, I am afraid it's not the market moving up.

Since January 21, Apple is up ~25%, while the NASDAQ has been flat, and the S&500 is up less than 2%.

That is more than two weeks. Apple announced earnings on Jan 21st.

Since Jan 26th the Nasdaq is up 7.23%, and Apple is up 15.48%, which is what you would expect for a Beta 2.05 stock. The only other thing that might have moved the stock is people losing their fear of Steve dying (i.e. it will all be OK, and he probably will never be back as a full time CEO).
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

That is more than two weeks. Apple announced earnings on Jan 21st.

Since Jan 26th the Nasdaq is up 7.23%, and Apple is up 15.48%, which is what you would expect for a Beta 2.05 stock. The only other thing that might have moved the stock is people losing their fear of Steve dying (i.e. it will all be OK, and he probably will never be back as a full time CEO).

Fair enough: I should have been more precise. I should have said 2.5 weeks (what I really meant in my question was, since the day of Apple's latest quarterly earnings call on Jan 21).

Indeed, the fact that it has moved up consistently and remarkably over what its ß would predict is what grabbed my interest (although, I am sure you'll agree, the ß is a useful measure over a longer haul than just few weeks). Could be, as you say, the disappearance of the SJ fears, but even on that front, I do not seem to have seen any specific news.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

It is just the market moving up, nothing apple specific. I sold at 96 hoping for a pullback, and it didn't work out for me...

Ouch. I'm still hangin' in there. I figure I'll sell when it gets back to 200.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › AAPL Price Moves