Originally Posted by larryharvey
So I guess I should wait. Hell who knows they may throw in some extra ram sometime soon. They have to do something. It is very hard for me to spend 1500 bucks on a computer rright now... economy sucks
I'm waiting my friend... I've moved to more of a consulting position (so that I can take on freelance assignments, extra cash, also building up a small business with some friends cautiously) so I have to give my client (former employer) about 60 days terms for my monthly fee. They are doing alright, just they're a bit nervy and increasing bureaucracy in the company and everybody's trying to just cover their own ass.
So while they are very unlikely to default on their payments, stupid annoying delays may occur. My savings are more for some "wiggle room"... I don't want to start buying gear and then become a "slave" to waiting for payments from my client. Waiting just because my client's HR/Accounts are illiterate and incompetent*. So I guess, peace of mind and cash savings are quite important this year.
*Sounds real harsh but hey, if I explained it, you'd understand.