or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple ramps up MacBook campaign; RIM folds on anti-Apple ad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple ramps up MacBook campaign; RIM folds on anti-Apple ad - Page 3

post #81 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster View Post

Please tell us all why Blackberry's suck?

Do you actually have any real reasons? Have you ever had a BB connected to a BES? Have you actually ever used one?

Or is it just "If it aint made by Apple it must suck"?

Dude go and read the reviews of the Storm.
post #82 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster View Post

You are right, the rest of the industry is miles behind a phone that cannot run more than one application at a time, a phone that does not offer cut 'n' paste, a phone that is much slower to type on than a Blackberry, a phone that has one of the worst cameras available on a high end phone, a phone that does not support MMS, a phone that does not allow you to text more than one person at a time.

mmm... yup, miles behind.

Yet they seem to have the highest satisified customers in the industry, we can't say the same about your Blackberry Storm.
post #83 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster View Post

Err, no it does not.

Which is why I can listen to music while browsing the web on my iphone.
post #84 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Forget RIM's add-
Do you think people really buy laptops because they're environmentally friendly? Even cars and refrigerators barely are advertised for that reason. It's value that's usually advertised- especially now in a depression.
Apple should kill the perception that its overpriced by showing the va$ue in an Apple purchase.

Crikey..got anything easier they could try??
post #85 of 93
Overly and unnecesarily dramatic. We are not in a depression, its a deep recession. You also ignore the fact that Apple has not changed its prices, but so far the economic slow down has not devastated Apple the way it has done for other computer manufacturers.

Yes people will buy a laptop because its environmentally friendly. These days cars are very much advertised on the basis of the fuel consumption. The Toytoa Prius is one of the best selling cars because of its environmental friendliness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Forget RIM's add-
Do you think people really buy laptops because they're environmentally friendly? Even cars and refrigerators barely are advertised for that reason. It's value that's usually advertised- especially now in a depression.
Apple should kill the perception that its overpriced by showing the va$ue in an Apple purchase.
post #86 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzip View Post

... well basically think the 3 R's.
Jimzip

Actually, there are four "R's". Rethink, Repair, Reuse, Recycle. The greenest option is not to buy that new computer at all. Personally, if my computer keeps working, or is repairable, I'll keep using it, even if I'd love to get my hands on the latest kit! I'm sure Apple won't be making this point in any of it's ad's... So doesn't want you to be too green
post #87 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyteProsector View Post

Epic Fail. For one, the commercial may have first come out during the oscars, but it played for weeks afterward. Also,I that wasn't even the friggin point. The point was, that the commercial said nothing about the product.

I have worked in marketing at the director level and it's hardly an epic fail. With apple ads doing nothing but belittling microsoft, I find it ironic that some fail to see theessage. First, apple still doesn't have exchange working, which is why storm and especially future phones, will do so well. Combine that with Apples close minded way of thinking with app developer ( note: research iPhone developers turned away going to android and the likes), combined with all major players creating app stores, if apple stays on it's current course turning away developers, lacking exchange, video steaming, video capture, no copy and paste at a time when telcos are reducing voice & data plans with a slew of new smart phones to be released this summer (probably around the time iPhone users hut their 2 year contract), and we see ( tech firm), a large drop in iphone sales.

The iPhone is a great device but from a corprate point if view, the iPhone is going to have a lot of alternatives in the next few months,in addition to app stores and smart phones that have features iPhone users have been asking for for years.
Just my 02 cents.

Oh and flash too. Had to get that in. LOL.
post #88 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

First, apple still doesn't have exchange working...

Huh? ActiveSync works fine on the iPhone.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #89 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Overly and unnecesarily dramatic. We are not in a depression, its a deep recession. You also ignore the fact that Apple has not changed its prices, but so far the economic slow down has not devastated Apple the way it has done for other computer manufacturers.

Yes people will buy a laptop because its environmentally friendly. These days cars are very much advertised on the basis of the fuel consumption. The Toytoa Prius is one of the best selling cars because of its environmental friendliness.



depression, deep recession...just semantics and a play on words. The western world is effectively bankrupt. the effects are the same.

Apple hasn't yet been devastated like others because its' prices effectively make all users either professionals or students.

qualified people will be less affected by any turndown as they can drop down the skills ladder if needed. People on the bottom of the ladder can't. This ain't rocket science....and looking at the figures Apple doesn't actually have that many customers (retail) so they could dodge many bullets still.

MS is helping them too with Vista and & which will be basically the same.

the environmental benefits of a Prius are a myth, well marketed and advertised lies...sound like any other company *we* might know??
post #90 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archipellago View Post

depression, deep recession...just semantics and a play on words. The western world is effectively bankrupt. the effects are the same.

The broad definition of depression is a sustained 10% drop in GDP, deflation or hyper inflation, and a 3 year long recession.

In the US our GDP is down 6.2%, no deflation, low inflation, and the recession is only about a year old.

Quote:
Apple hasn't yet been devastated like others because its' prices effectively make all users either professionals or students.

If I am correctly understanding your point. You are saying Apple plays to a profitable market. What's the problem with that?



Quote:
the environmental benefits of a Prius are a myth, well marketed and advertised lies...sound like any other company *we* might know??

In the US the Prius is rated at a combined 46 MPG. Non hybrid cars of similar size and weight average 25 MPG. Where have you found the benefits being lies?
post #91 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Do you think people really buy laptops because they're environmentally friendly?

Apparently some make very large ordering decisions based on such things...
http://www.macworld.com/article/1391...03/carbon.html
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #92 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apparently some make very large ordering decisions based on such things...
http://www.macworld.com/article/1391...03/carbon.html

Ha! Hopefully that means that Greenpeace has to stop using "blame Apple" as a fund raising tool.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #93 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Ha! Hopefully that means that Greenpeace has to stop using "blame Apple" as a fund raising tool.

Doubtful, as Apple is still the highest profile CE company around. Until another takes that throne Green Peace will still be pushing for greener products from Apple. Even if Apple was using cases made from dried dung tied with hemp they would most assuredly be telling Apple that the way they collect the dung and harvest the hemp is somehow wrong.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple ramps up MacBook campaign; RIM folds on anti-Apple ad