or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Conservative Republicans- PHONIES!!!

Conservative Republicans- PHONIES!!! - Page 3

post #81 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Jon Stewart is real. He is the truth. And he may have changed journalism and reporting the truth to a whole new level.

Gonna start up a "Jon Stewart for President" petition?

True journalism died a long time ago. Today's so-called "journalists" are nothing more than self-serving political activists.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #82 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Gonna start up a "Jon Stewart for President" petition?

True journalism died a long time ago. Today's so-called "journalists" are nothing more than self-serving political activists.

He certainly isn't "phony" though.

Please, reply with something substantial. There's a reason why I shouldn't even be replying to a phony such as you anyway.

Try harder.
post #83 of 113
Quote:

He certainly isn't "phony" though.

Well that's a matter of opinion now, isn't it? You are holding up a comedian --an entertainer with a cable talk show--as a beacon of truth, here?

Have you ever bashed anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh--an entertainer with a radio talk show--and says he is "real" and "is the truth"? Just wondering.

post #84 of 113
Fake news done by a comedian isn't phony though.

I think Flounder is going to be pissed when you turn up as a prime example that refutes his claim that people only treat Stewart as a comedian.

Try HARDER.

Oh...and of course... Prince.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #85 of 113
Quote:

Well that's a matter of opinion now, isn't it? You are holding up a comedian --an entertainer with a cable talk show--as a beacon of truth, here?

Have you ever bashed anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh--an entertainer with a radio talk show--and says he is "real" and "is the truth"? Just wondering.

[TRANSCRIPT.]
LIMBAUGH: We're going to go to Chicago. This is Charles. Charles thank you for waiting and for calling. Great to have you here. Hello.

CALLER: Thanks Rush. Rush listen, I voted Republican and I really didn't want to see Obama get in office. But you know Rush, you're one reason to blame for this election, for the Republicans losing. First of all, you kept harping about voting for Hillary. The second big issue was the torture issue. I'm a veteran. We're not supposed to be torturing these people. This is not Nazi Germany, Red China, North Korea. There's other ways of interrogating people, and you just kept harping about, it's okay, or it's not really torture. And it was just more than waterboarding. Some of these prisoners will killed under torture.

And it was crazy for you to go on and on like Levin and Hannity and Hewitt. It's like you're all brainwashed. And my last comment is, no matter what Obama does, you will still criticize him because I believe you are brainwashed. You're just -- and I hate to say it -- but I think you're a brainwashed Nazi. Anyone who can believe in torture has got to be -- there has got to be something wrong with them.

LIMBAUGH: You know --

CALLER: And I know Bush wanted to keep us safe and all of that but we're not supposed to be torturing these people.

LIMBAUGH: Charles, if anybody is admitting that they are brainwashed it would be you.

CALLER: No, no, Rush. I don't think so. You, Hannity, and Levin are all brainwashed --

LIMBAUGH: Charles, you said at the beginning of your phone call that you didn't want Obama in there. But you voted for him because of me.

CALLER: I didn't vote for him. I voted for McCain. I voted Republican.

LIMBAUGH: Oh, so you're saying I turned people off --

CALLER: You turned people off with all this vote for Hillary and all this BS.

LIMBAUGH: That was Operation Chaos. That was to keep the chaos in the Democrat primaries --

CALLER: It didn't work and what we have with you Hannity Levin and Hewitt is sour grapes. That's all we have. And believe me, I'm not -- I'm more to the right than I am to the left.

LIMBAUGH: Oh, of course you are.

CALLER: I am.

LIMBAUGH: Of course you are. You wouldn't be calling here with all of these sour grapes if you weren't.

CALLER: Well I'm tired of listening to go on and on with this --

LIMBAUGH: I don't know of anybody who died from torture.

CALLER: We're not supposed to torture people. Do you remember World War II, the Nazis? The Nuremburg trials?

LIMBAUGH: Charles, Barack Obama --

CALLER: What's the matter with you? You never even served in the military. I served in the Marine Corps and the Army.

LIMBAUGH: Charles, Barack Obama is president of the United States today because of stupid, ignorant people who think like you do. You pose - you and your ignorance are the most expensive commodity this country has. You think you know everything. You don't know diddly squat. You call me a Nazi? You call me someone who supports torture and you want credibility on this program? You're just plan embarrassing and ludicrous. But it doesn't surprise me that you're the kind of Republican that our last candidate attracted. Because you're no Republican at all based on what the hell you just said right here.

http://tinyurl.com/d2lk89

Now THAT'S Entertainment!!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #86 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Fake news done by a comedian isn't phony though.

I've serious considered this. Stewart has the best forum to tell the truth. Though he may make us chuckle to it. It is the truth.

I actually agree with jazzguru. There are no more Edward R. Murrows. Only talking heads. They all are held within their balls by their constituents (sponsors) but they don't have the safety net of humor or satire.

Stewart is telling the truth. You're just ain't laughing. Neither am I.

Quote:
I think Flounder is going to be pissed when you turn up as a prime example that refutes his claim that people only treat Stewart as a comedian.

Try HARDER.

Oh...and of course... Prince.

Flounder can go jump a shark.

Stewart does have a forum. Whether comedic or not, it has relevancy.

So no, you try harder. Name me a real journalist that isn't cow-towing to their sponsors/affiliates/political stances.

Try harder.

I more or less expect you to disappear from this thread now. You usually do when you "agree to disagree".

post #87 of 113
Actually that is entertainment. It may not be informative, but it is entertaining. I could never imagine the thin skinned Maher letting someone who disagrees with him so sharply get in a word edgewise on his show.

post #88 of 113
Quote:

Actually that is entertainment. It may not be informative, but it is entertaining. I could never imagine the thin skinned Maher letting someone who disagrees with him so sharply get in a word edgewise on his show.

I'll wait...

Ooop. Timeslip...
post #89 of 113
Quote:

I've serious considered this. Stewart has the best forum to tell the truth. Though he may make us chuckle to it. It is the truth.

I actually agree with jazzguru. There are no more Edward R. Murrows. Only talking heads. They all are held within their balls by their constituents (sponsors) but they don't have the safety net of humor or satire.

Stewart is telling the truth. You're just ain't laughing. Neither am I.

Stewart is a clown. As he will remind you, his show is on a comedy network and the purpose is to mock and caricature rather than dealing out straight news or information.

The fact that so many prefer mockery to information says two things, one the information content or regular news is very low (ie it sucks) and second that when someone deals with information in a manner that reflects their own thinking, they will turn in. Those who watch Stewart prefer to have their information and their reasoning reduced to mocking statements and cartoons.

The problem isn't that there are no more Edward R Morrows. The problem is that there is no one around who would watch him because he doesn't make funny faces and shout insults.

Quote:
Flounder can go jump a shark.

Stewart does have a forum. Whether comedic or not, it has relevancy.

Stewart is the exact opposite of relevant. The world's largest debtor nation is doubling down on spending and consumption and we want someone to make us laugh while the ship sinks so we don't feel bad about addressing the hard issues.

Stewart is the clown who makes us laugh while the barbarians are at the gates.

Quote:
So no, you try harder. Name me a real journalist that isn't cow-towing to their sponsors/affiliates/political stances.

Try harder.

I more or less expect you to disappear from this thread now. You usually do when you "agree to disagree".

There are plenty of news sources and plenty of people pointing at the right answers. The problem is that no one will listen to them or even understand them when they prefer or can only engage in cartoonish thinking. Stewart is a distraction from social relevance. He pockets millions each year. You make him sound above the fray when he is on Comedy Central which is owned by Viacom and they pay him millions to keep people giggling instead of thinking.

post #90 of 113
Quote:

I'll wait...

Look at the timestamps.

You mean you gave me a WHOLE MINUTE!

I'm not going to be your monkey boy.

post #91 of 113
As I was reading your last post, trumptman, I couldn't help but think about how TV has evolved since its invention. More and more, TVs have evolved into Orwell's "telescreens"--spewing forth carefully orchestrated propaganda in the form of "entertainment".

Why do you think the government has been so adamant in extending the digital conversion deadline? We've got millions unemployed and on the government dole, the economy tanking, but the government sees the importance in making sure that everyone has a digital capable TV. Wouldn't want to lose their greatest propaganda distribution system now, would they?

I'm pretty sure the internet isn't far behind. Eventually it will be regulated, too.

post #92 of 113
Quote:

Stewart is a clown. As he will remind you, his show is on a comedy network and the purpose is to mock and caricature rather than dealing out straight news or information.

I LOOK! A CARTOONIST WHO BROUGHT DOWN A POLITICAL SCUMBAG!

WHO WOULD BELIEVE THAT COMEDY AND SATIRE HAD SO MUCH POWER???!!

See this...

Next?

Quote:
The fact that so many prefer mockery to information says two things, one the information content or regular news is very low (ie it sucks) and second that when someone deals with information in a manner that reflects their own thinking, they will turn in. Those who watch Stewart prefer to have their information and their reasoning reduced to mocking statements and cartoons.

The problem isn't that there are no more Edward R Morrows. The problem is that there is no one around who would watch him because he doesn't make funny faces and shout insults.

In a remarkably unbiased way no less?

Next?

Quote:
Stewart is the exact opposite of relevant. The world's largest debtor nation is doubling down on spending and consumption and we want someone to make us laugh while the ship sinks so we don't feel bad about addressing the hard issues.

Stewart is the clown who makes us laugh while the barbarians are at the gates.

There was something about Cramer...oh yes, watch it again.

Next?

Quote:
There are plenty of news sources and plenty of people pointing at the right answers. The problem is that no one will listen to them or even understand them when they prefer or can only engage in cartoonish thinking. Stewart is a distraction from social relevance. He pockets millions each year. You make him sound above the fray when he is on Comedy Central which is owned by Viacom and they pay him millions to keep people giggling instead of thinking.

Of course there are many other outlets for information. No argument there. The only thing is, it seems that they are not IN THIS COUNTRY.

Pick who you will, but the source for information has been taken from us. Yes, us, the "Freedom of Speech" us. Though some have broken the barriers before, the method of providing the truth and the freedom to speak of it has been eroded away (much more I'd say in the last 8 years, from my 49 year old "Get off my Creedance Records" point of view).

The only ones who seem to reveal the truth tend to make us laugh also. Go figger.

Ha. Ha. Ha.
post #93 of 113
Quote:

As I was reading your last post, trumptman, I couldn't help but think about how TV has evolved since its invention. More and more, TVs have evolved into Orwell's "telescreens"--spewing forth carefully orchestrated propaganda in the form of "entertainment".

Why do you think the government has been so adamant in extending the digital conversion deadline? We've got millions unemployed and on the government dole, the economy tanking, but the government sees the importance in making sure that everyone has a digital capable TV. Wouldn't want to lose their greatest propaganda distribution system now, would they?

I'm pretty sure the internet isn't far behind. Eventually it will be regulated, too.

Quote:
Our history will be what we make it. And if there are any historians about fifty or a hundred years from now, and there should be preserved the kinescopes for one week of all three networks, they will there find recorded in black and white, or color, evidence of decadence, escapism and insulation from the realities of the world in which we live. I invite your attention to the television schedules of all networks between the hours of 8 and 11 p.m., Eastern Time. Here you will find only fleeting and spasmodic reference to the fact that this nation is in mortal danger. There are, it is true, occasional informative programs presented in that intellectual ghetto on Sunday afternoons. But during the daily peak viewing periods, television in the main insulates us from the realities of the world in which we live. If this state of affairs continues, we may alter an advertising slogan to read: LOOK NOW, PAY LATER.

Edward R. Murrow 1958
post #94 of 113
Quote:

Stewart is a clown.

Yes, he is. And a damned good one.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #95 of 113
The fact that Jazzguru and Trumptman are such good friends is very very telling.
post #96 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

The fact that Jazzguru and Trumptman are such good friends is very very telling.

Though it may be another wrecking ball for the ruination of this forum, there's nothing wrong with that.

I just think their anger is being directed in the wrong direction.

Mine is now focused like a laser to the bankers. They should all be arrested, tried and hung by their balls for their crimes and deception.

Fuck the Boomers, fuck Bush and Cheney (for now anyway) and fuck Obama. The bankers should be first in line for major ass-kicking.

They are an equal opportunity scam ring and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to make any difference who or what color the fucking president is to stop them.
post #97 of 113
You and I agree on more than you think, @_@ Artman. Except I don't cuss like a sailor.

post #98 of 113
Quote:

Though it may be another wrecking ball for the ruination of this forum, there's nothing wrong with that.

Mine is now focused like a laser to the bankers. They should all be arrested, tried and hung by their balls for their crimes and deception.

Fuck the Boomers, fuck Bush and Cheney (for now anyway) and fuck Obama. The bankers should be first in line for major ass-kicking.

They are an equal opportunity scam ring and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to make any difference who or what color the fucking president is to stop them.

Thats the truth of the matter, If you, I, anyone single one person pulled off a scam a billionth of the scale they have, we'd be behind bars for the rest of our lives.

The politicians are right behind them. They are not acting for us, they are not protecting us, or looking out for our interests. They are simply harbouring the bankers.
post #99 of 113
Quote:

You got that fucking right! The rules apply to you and me, brother. But they certainly don't apply to Wallstreet and Washington. If we start a business and run it badly and it goes bankrupt then we're fucked. If we do something suspiciously illegal and get a subpoena to appear in court and we refuse? We're fucked. Which is how it should be, right?

But if your the CEO of Bank of American then you're above the law. If you're Harriet Meyers or Karl Rove then you're above the law.

Can't afford your mortgage? Fuck you! No one forced you to sign the loan docs. But if you're AIG and you can't cover all your bets. Here's a several BILLION. No worries. But what about all those people losing their homes? Fuck them! They're just a bunch of minorities and idiots anyway. Right?

Didn't pay your taxes? Ohhhh, you're really fucked. But if Bank of America and Merrill Lynch have hundreds of millions in unpaid taxes? No problem. Washington and the media have got your back. Here's a few BILLION more.
post #100 of 113
Quote:

You and I agree on more than you think, @_@ Artman. Except I don't cuss like a sailor.

I'll leave that to George Carlin, Crom bless his soul.

Oh wait, he was a comEdian, forget it.
post #101 of 113
Quote:

You got that fucking right! The rules apply to you and me, brother. But they certainly don't apply to Wallstreet and Washington. If we start a business and run it badly and it goes bankrupt then we're fucked. If we do something suspiciously illegal and get a subpoena to appear in court and we refuse? We're fucked. Which is how it should be, right?

But if your the CEO of Bank of American then you're above the law. If you're Harriet Meyers or Karl Rove then you're above the law.

Can't afford your mortgage? Fuck you! No one forced you to sign the loan docs. But if you're AIG and you can't cover all your bets. Here's a several BILLION. No worries. But what about all those people losing their homes? Fuck them! They're just a bunch of minorities and idiots anyway. Right?

Didn't pay your taxes? Ohhhh, you're really fucked. But if Bank of America and Merrill Lynch have hundreds of millions in unpaid taxes? No problem. Washington and the media have got your back. Here's a few BILLION more.

The government is basically stealing your money to keep the banks running, so that the banks can come and foreclose the rest of your stuff.
post #102 of 113
Quote:

I'll leave that to George Carlin, Crom bless his soul.

Oh wait, he was a comEdian, forget it.

"...somebody's wasting their fucking time. Could it be everyone?"
post #103 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkapp View Post

The government is basically stealing your money to keep the banks running, so that the banks can come and foreclose the rest of your stuff.

The difference between my ideology and conservative ideology is that I want the entire system ripped out and replaced with something effective and modern with plenty of oversight and regulation. The other side basically wants to defend Wallstreet by demanding that NOTHING change and we just leave it alone.
post #104 of 113
Quote:

The difference between my ideology and conservative ideology is that I want the entire system ripped out and replaced with something effective and modern with plenty of oversight and regulation. The other side basically wants to defend Wallstreet by demanding that NOTHING change and we just leave it alone.

What is effective and modern though?

Clearly, anything that works on the concept of interest and inflation, is doomed to eventual failure.
post #105 of 113
Quote:

We know that we have the best government money can buy. We also know that those who pay for government get what they pay for. All we need to do now is buy the government we want rather than the one that bankers and industrialists want.

I highly recommend this crap-your-pants Bill Moyers interview with William K. Black...

Someone finally exposes this swindle for what it is. I am so sick of these damn bankers making all of us believe it is about that sub-prime borrowers. It was always about the bankers. Now we need to take back the money and beat these people in front of their children.

Can we say now that all those million dollar salaries and bonuses were not incentives for excellence?

Pretty much blows trumptman's boomer theory to dust also.
post #106 of 113
Quote:

What is effective and modern though?

Clearly, anything that works on the concept of interest and inflation, is doomed to eventual failure.

I'm certainly no expert. But it seems obvious to me that the regulators were asleep at the wheel. And I certainly know that staying with the status quo is NOT going to help us right now.
post #107 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Early 1900's - Teapot Dome. I'm sure if you try you can find a link. Also, there are plenty more. in the 19th century proper, Aaron Burr, for example, was a VP and a murderer. Tons of scandal. There's ALWAYS a scandal going on in politics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic..._United_States

And this compares to starting a war in another country for no real reason. A war that cost us many dollars and many lives?

Or let's talk about wiretapping.

Or let's talk about how ineffective he was about the economy, Katrina, or immigration.

And what was his response to 911? " Smoke em' out "?

You're the one who labed this " Scandal ". I said nothing could compare to how bad Dubbya was.

This is aside from all the embarassing scandals the republicans have had in the last 8 years.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #108 of 113
Quote:

I'm certainly no expert. But it seems obvious to me that the regulators were asleep at the wheel. And I certainly know that staying with the status quo is NOT going to help us right now.

Who's regulating the regulators?

post #109 of 113
Quote:

It's obviously a matter of perspective, isn't it? While you are busy trying to prove how Democrats are right and Republicans are wrong, I'm approaching it from the perspective that they are BOTH wrong.

You are convinced that the Democrats are "right" (correct), so everything you see and read is interpreted from that perspective. Likewise, those who are convinced the Republicans are "right" (correct) interpret things through that prism.

I believe the Clinton took credit for a good economy, the fundamentals of which were created by the Reagan tax cuts and policies enacted before Clinton ever took office, and that policies enacted during the Clinton era actually laid the foundations for our present crisis. Bush only exacerbated things.

Anyone can post anything in a Wikipedia article with plenty of "evidence" to back up any view. I mean, look at the differing views on the Great Depression and the volumes that have been written on it.

Well there is the fact that while this was all going on you were what 10? I was an adult. 39 to be exact. Now maybe you paid more attention to this stuff when you were 10 than most but I doubt it. And the economy was stellar during the late 90's. Then came along another Bush and things got back the horse latitudes again.

Trust me the economy was a big issue during that election. I remember as a working adult it wasn't that long ago for me.
post #110 of 113
Indeed. I was listening to a talk show once where the host was talking about how we tend to view the world as if history started the moment we were born. It's difficult for us to put history in context with our own lives, because we didn't personally "experience" it. Reading about something is quite different than actually living/experiencing it first-hand.

TANGENT ALERT:

That talk show host was Rush Limbaugh, btw. See, there are elements of truth in everything if you just take the time to listen. Rush is an entertainer. If you keep that in mind as you listen, he's actually an absolute genius at what he does. Hence his popularity.

I'd listen to Air America, too but...is it even still around?

Actually, of late I've been listening to a lot of sports radio...that way I don't get all riled up on the way to work.

post #111 of 113
Oops! Duplicate post! I hit "Submit" only once, I swear!

post #112 of 113
Quote:

I'm not a fan of the view that we are controlled via our T.V.'s. People are more apt to buy juicers and watch Jerry Springer but that doesn't control anyone.

The real issue is that the T.V.'s keep people entertained and passive. The clowns make you laugh while Rome burns. No one need fiddle.

Quote:

Yes, he is. And a damned good one.

As evidenced by how much Viacom pays him, absolutely. Make sure you realize when he is mocking those evil rich, he doesn't seem to include himself in that group.

Quote:

It's almost like we both play instruments, like music or something like that. If another guy shows up that works in entertainment and creates short films, you better hate his guts man!

Quote:

Actually conservative ideology wouldn't have had these bailouts occurring.

Quote:

Don't worry, the head regulator asleep at the switch is our treasury secretary now so I'm sure things will go much better.

Quote:

Who's regulating the regulators?

Someone who can't figure out his own taxes.

post #113 of 113
Quote:
AUSTIN — A North Texas legislator during House testimony on voter identification legislation said Asian-descent voters should adopt names that are “easier for Americans to deal with.”

The comments caused the Texas Democratic Party on Wednesday to demand an apology from state Rep. Betty Brown, R-Terrell. But a spokesman for Brown said her comments were only an attempt to overcome problems with identifying Asian names for voting purposes.

Republimbecil does not start to describe this.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Conservative Republicans- PHONIES!!!