or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Photo may show next-gen Mac mini retail box
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photo may show next-gen Mac mini retail box - Page 2

post #41 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I'd love to see 5 USB ports and FW800. I'd forgo upgrading my mini and get a new one.

If those pictures are real, they better be making a whole lot of them right now b/c those things will fly off the shelves.

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
post #42 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Now there's professional packaging made with 802.11n and Nvidia logos.

There's no way someone would go to this much trouble to just fool people into thinking the Mini will have these features.

The packaging certainly raises the question about when exactly these things will be shipping. After all, why would it reach this stage more than 3 weeks early if the 24th is the launch date?

I have a suspicion that the Mini and iMac may not see an overhaul but something similar to the white Macbook in which case they could arrive as early as tomorrow.

Yawn you could not possible be more wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2

I think it's still very debatable whether this thing is real or not. Previous fakes have seemed even more certain and were more believable than this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobegon

Really? Examples?

AGREED!!! See above link for all naysayers.....
ACTC Certified, ADC Member, & Owner of a ACN....
Reply
ACTC Certified, ADC Member, & Owner of a ACN....
Reply
post #43 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGui View Post

It appears to have a border or shadow around the upper and right sides of the icon.

Either the border is there to delineate the icon or it's a shadow of a poorly pasted graphic with the corner slightly lifting up.

Shrinkwrap or plastic over a box that normally isn't shrinkwrapped would help disguise pasted on graphics.

Could be a beveled square, or a picture of the iLife box. And lots of small Apple products are shrink wrapped. Time Capsule, AirPort Express/Extreme, Mighty Mouse, etc. it's a good way to indicate it the package has been opened before.
post #44 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by O4BlackWRX View Post

AGREED!!! See above link for all naysayers.....

Oh, so now the people claiming these spy shots are real are the naysayers?
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #45 of 93
I'm saying fake. I can't believe Apple wouldn't take the opportunity to upgrade the form factor. I'm in the market for one and I'll buy it but I would be disappointed with the aesthetic. If it IS real I would expect it to be pretty cheap. Apple does nothing without serious thought and analysis; an unchanged form factor would scream 'value proposition' - not an unthinkable move in the present climate but a change of tack none the less.
post #46 of 93
I won't be surprised (and will be pleased) if this shows up on the Apple Store tomorrow.

On the other hand, if someone were to do a fake box, this is exactly what it would look like. Take the design elements from the last box and update them point by point. Replace the old iLife logo with a picture of the new iLike box. Replace the Intel logo with the NVIDIA logo. Replace the remote control with... uh, a totally uninformative AirPort logo (hmm). Then replace the backside photo with a new backside photo (but not as artistically). And don't try to copy the other sides of the box because they are much more graphically challengings.

It just seems odd the the graphic design department would come up with something so boring. All the creative people I know like to be, I don't know... creative?

So I guess my money is on fake, but I sure hope a new mini shows up very, very soon.
post #47 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by O4BlackWRX View Post

Yawn you could not possible be more wrong

That was interesting look back in time. I remember the iHome. The video iPod mockups look strangely familiar to the current nano that's on the market....
post #48 of 93
Fake or not, why must Apple be so secretive? I can understand Steve Jobs wanting to be private, but why must we play the rumor game? We did not get new hardware late last year, but everyone was planning on it. Every time Apple makes something new, there is a chance to buy the previous at a discount. Some will want what is new, some will save the bucks. Works for all of us. So, lets stop with the game playing. That said, I would like to see more than three choices for a desktop. Apple seems to think we need more notebooks. Just because the trends are going that way, doesn't account for all of us. Sure, Dell has too many choices, but Apple too few. There is the Mini, iMac and Pro. Done! While many people love the Mini, it is not much of a powerhouse. And the Pro costs as much as a Buick. I have an iMac. I find it rather stupid that if I want another Mac, I will have to buy a new computer and screen together. The all-in-one thing is cool, but not when it is one of only three options. I would like to see a regular desktop. Apple just loves to make stuff you are not suppose to get into. Guess it started way back when with SCSI. I still think most Apple Stores would rather you bring the box in for a memory upgrade. Please! You can barely get inside the Mini or the iMac. Takes a special oyster cracking tool, I suppose.

I want a desktop half the price and size of the Pro. There you go Apple, make me one, Please and Thank You!!!
post #49 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

Oh, so now the people claiming these spy shots are real are the naysayers?

No the naysayers are the ones who say that fakes have never looked this REAL before.....read the quote...
ACTC Certified, ADC Member, & Owner of a ACN....
Reply
ACTC Certified, ADC Member, & Owner of a ACN....
Reply
post #50 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by malax View Post

Replace the remote control with... uh, a totally uninformative AirPort logo (hmm).

Look closer. There's obviously text below that icon, which probably spells 802.11n, or something to that effect.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #51 of 93
Well you seem a bit upset so I'll keep my response short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

Really? Examples?

Someone else posted links to a bunch, they aren't hard to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

... How am I being mean? I didn't even say "this is real, get over it." I said Apple has no incentive to change the Mac mini aesthetically and that is true.

You made some claim about believers having to "face reality" or "face the facts" or some such. I am just pointing out that the facts are still not known and not even arguing for one conclusion over another, yet you seem to be almost hounding me point by point in this response. It could just be poor communication between us but you seem very, very invested in the idea that this is a real product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

...What!? The original Mac mini's Apple remote icon was not "filler" or a "placeholder," there was an Apple remote packaged inside!

Well yeah, but there is a remote (or was at the time) in every box. It's almost the same as putting an icon of a power adapter on the side. The intent at the time was to push front row software, but again the software is in every Mac so it's not necessary by any means and not a big feature of that particular product. Thus, placeholder-ish.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #52 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhauer View Post

Regardless of what it looks like I would love to see HDMI on this. Obviously I can just buy some cables like mini dvi to hdmi but having the ability to do video and audio over the one hdmi cable would be nice especially since so many people/companies use these for in house demos.

Now this doesn't imply that the Mac Mini will necessarily be able to do it, but I was recently made aware that many AMD and Nvidia GPUs (discrete cards at least) *CAN* output audio over their DVI output when they detect a DVI->HDMI adapter being used. Now, granted, I understand this sounds sketchy and I have no idea how it is done, but I have confirmed this.
post #53 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

... I want a desktop half the price and size of the Pro. There you go Apple, make me one, Please and Thank You!!!

It's called the iMac.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #54 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

It's called the iMac.

Yes but the iMac has barely a right to be called a Desktop over a
Macbook [Pro] sitting on a desk. Theoretically they're all desktops
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #55 of 93
I really don't understand why so many of you care about the form factor of a desktop computer so much. It's a Mini. If Apple could make your entire PC disappear, they would. Exhibit A: The iMac.

Yes, Apple makes their laptops beautiful, but that is due to the nature of laptops themselves, as you have to have the hardware immediately in front of you. A desktop does not have this limitation, as portability is not a priority.

Apple is entirely about the experience of the beautiful software interface. That is why the Mac Pro looks exactly the same as it did 8 years ago, and the Mini will look like it does for a long time. If all you care about is how sweet your desktop's casing looks, please enjoy the following:

www.alienware.com
post #56 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

The design of the current Mac Pro is essentially unchanged from that of the first PowerMac G5 introduced in June of 2003. Five and a half years and the tower looks the same on the outside.

Completely different on the inside though. It would be fairer to say that it hasn't changed since the newer intel design if you want to make the comparison.

The mini is small and packed tightly, if the outside case is the same, then the inside stuff is laid out the same also, so the real comparison would be to the last Mac Pro that has not changed significantly inside and out, not the G5 model.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #57 of 93
Maybe the new mini doubles as a wireless base station/time capsule. A server for your home network.
post #58 of 93
Fake or not, I can't wait for a new Mac mini.
post #59 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Yes but the iMac has barely a right to be called a Desktop over a
Macbook [Pro] sitting on a desk. Theoretically they're all desktops

Nah, a "desktop" is just short for "desktop computer" for most people. If you consider the number of mini-tower type desktop computers that actually live under the desk, the all-in-ones have a greater claim to being a "desktop computer" anyway.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #60 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Why is there one less exhaust fin in the back? Less exhaust would be a bad thing, unless I'm missing something here.

Hmmm, that's a pretty obvious flaw - doesn't seem like something Apple would do themselves. I believe the video beforehand to be genuine but this box may have been made by someone trying to capitalize on someone else's finding.

The box looks good enough to be real though. Apple would advertise iLife, Nvidia and 802.11n as the best selling points. The back of the Mini shot makes sense to show people what ports are on it.

If the box is a fake that would be disappointing as it's really the only thing suggesting it will come out sooner.

If Apple have Photoshopped out a fin, that would just be very odd. It's not the first time they've used odd looking Photoshop jobs though. Their website has used a few images where the reflection image doesn't quite match - kind of like how the 3D Dock doesn't quite reflect the icon properly.
post #61 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGui View Post

It appears to have a border or shadow around the upper and right sides of the icon.

you mean like the fake shadow that Apple themselves use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGui View Post

Either the border is there to delineate the icon or it's a shadow of a poorly pasted graphic with the corner slightly lifting up.

or you need to see fake, so thats what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGui View Post

Shrinkwrap or plastic over a box that normally isn't shrinkwrapped would help disguise pasted on graphics.

Apples packaging HAS BEEN GOING shrink wrapped on some products for a while now.
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
Reply
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
Reply
post #62 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Well you seem a bit upset

I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Someone else posted links to a bunch, they aren't hard to find.

It's your point, not mine. If you can't prove it yourself, might as well concede it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

You made some claim about believers having to "face reality" or "face the facts" or some such.

Here's what I said, word for word:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post

You guys need to face the hard truth that Apple has no real incentive to make the Mac mini any more aesthetically enticing that it already is.

If you dispute that, fine, but please don't exaggerate my statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post

I am just pointing out that the facts are still not known and not even arguing for one conclusion over another, yet you seem to be almost hounding me point by point in this response. It could just be poor communication between us but you seem very, very invested in the idea that this is a real product.

Obviously these pictures don't confirm anything 100%. I never said they did. If hounding you involves questioning your logic or asking for examples, then I guess I'm hounding you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post

Well yeah, but there is a remote (or was at the time) in every box. It's almost the same as putting an icon of a power adapter on the side. The intent at the time was to push front row software, but again the software is in every Mac so it's not necessary by any means and not a big feature of that particular product. Thus, placeholder-ish.

But a power adapter comes with every computer that's ever existed. There's nothing new or special about that. At the time, Apple remotes and Front Row were fairly new and there really aren't any other comparable computers with that simple of a remote or media center-ish interface (or at least there weren't at the time).

Just noticed another difference between the new and old packaging. The old Mac mini's back was pictured at an angle, while the new (or if you prefer, spy shot) packaging is not.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #63 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

And here's the actual back of that box:



Now compare it to the spy shot of the new Mac mini's box:


You guys need to face the hard truth that Apple has no real incentive to make the Mac mini any more aesthetically enticing that it already is.

WOW!

If this is true and it has Nvidia with FIREWIRE, this means these machines will run some of the PRO APPLICATIONS but more importantly, help support the thousands of musicians that need a small, low profile FIREWIRE based AUDIO SYSTEM. When Apple dumped firewire from the macbook, not only did those that used target drive suffer, consumers with camcorders (firewire) but thousands of musicians suffered as most PRO audio devices are firewire.

Are there 800 to 400 adapters? Most PRO AUDIO devices are 400 speed firewire.

Again, if this is true, this is really good news unless there ends up being a SNAFU somewhere. Hope that they bring FIREWIRE back to the MACBOOK but if they don't, then Apple must not feel threatened buy offering the MINI with both dedicated GPU and FIREWIRE as it's a departure for them as they never wanted to release a machine that could run Pro App's and come in at a lower price point - wonder what it is about the MINI whereas they feel having a mobile device with DEDICATED and FIREWIRE is a threat and the MINI is not, portability?


Also, as I posted earlier in another thread, a friend of mine, Apple Retail Head of Visuals, said last night they had some store updates to do this week - wonder if we'll see it (if true), this week,
post #64 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Yes but the iMac has barely a right to be called a Desktop over a
Macbook [Pro] sitting on a desk. Theoretically they're all desktops

That said, Apple makes only two boxes without built-in monitors. I am low vision. A 19 inch monitor (1440 x 900) would serve me better than my iMac 20 (1680 x 1050). I wanted a MacBook back in November 2007, but could not see the screen. So I ended up with my iMac. When the time comes to buy a new Mac, I would like to pick and choose my own screen. The business has all but taken the low vision friendly CRT away. If the Mini is still the only choice I can afford, next time around, then I will get one. I should have done it this time, but had not done any research on monitors. If I squeeze another five years out of my iMac, who knows what we will be using in 2014?
post #65 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

WOW!

Are there 800 to 400 adapters? Most PRO AUDIO devices are 400 speed firewire.

Again, if this is true, this is really good news unless there ends up being a SNAFU somewhere. Hope that they bring FIREWIRE back to the MACBOOK but if they don't, then Apple must not feel threatened buy offering the MINI with both dedicated GPU and FIREWIRE as it's a departure for them as they never wanted to release a machine that could run Pro App's and come in at a lower price point - wonder what it is about the MINI whereas they feel having a mobile device with DEDICATED and FIREWIRE is a threat and the MINI is not, portability?

I wouldn't even mess with an adapter with FW800 to FW400 cables are $6.20.

Think about it the ultimate in portability that isn't a laptop.

Mac mini.
Apogee Duet (FW bus powered audio interface)
Backpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

That said, Apple makes only two boxes without built-in monitors. I am low vision. A 19 inch monitor (1440 x 900) would serve me better than my iMac 20 (1680 x 1050). I wanted a MacBook back in November 2007, but could not see the screen. So I ended up with my iMac. When the time comes to buy a new Mac, I would like to pick and choose my own screen. The business has all but taken the low vision friendly CRT away. If the Mini is still the only choice I can afford, next time around, then I will get one. I should have done it this time, but had not done any research on monitors. If I squeeze another five years out of my iMac, who knows what we will be using in 2014?

What you and others of our ilk (eyesight challenged) need is resolution independence to finally arrive where we can take UI elements and text and increase their size to suit our own occular proclivities regarding size.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #66 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

What!? The original Mac mini's Apple remote icon was not "filler" or a "placeholder," there was an Apple remote packaged inside!

If this photo is real, then the remote may no longer be packaged inside. This would be typical of Apple.

I think wobegon has made some good points and I do think this is real, as iLife 09, Nvidia graphics, and 802.11n would be exactly those upgraded things to highlight on the box as they wouldn't be seen in pictures of the mini itself.

By the way, why would anyone expect anything more than these changes (plus faster CPU) on the bottom-of-the-line Mac?
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
post #67 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

What you and others of our ilk (eyesight challenged) need is resolution independence to finally arrive where we can take UI elements and text and increase their size to suit our own occular proclivities regarding size.

Like Safari 4?
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #68 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

Like Safari 4?

Yessum
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #69 of 93
The words under the graphics say:

Advanced NVIDIA integrated graphics

802.11n Wi-Fi
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
post #70 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

Fake or not, why must Apple be so secretive?

  1. it is much more fun
  2. the rumor mill = marketing
  3. we are a bunch of sad geeks who spend our valuable time (?) reading and writing about it. Without it we would not have a life at all.

PS - the rest of the world could not care less

Personally I hope this is a fake. The look is very tired and I'd like to see something a little classier
post #71 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

I keep returning to my very first thought about this thing when the rumoured pictures first starting to appear. *If* it's real, it's possibly the most boring upgrade of any Apple product in recent memory.

Jeez, you people are hard to please. FW800 and the potential to run dual monitor on a mini with decent nVidia graphics is pretty exciting for anyone that's wanted to do that for a long assed time.

So the external casing remains the same...
post #72 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

  1. it is much more fun
  2. the rumor mill = marketing
  3. we are a bunch of sad geeks who spend our valuable time (?) reading and writing about it. Without it we would not have a life at all.

PS - the rest of the world could not care less

Personally I hope this is a fake. The look is very tired and I'd like to see something a little classier

Apple is in the top 10 list every night for stock sale volume (Nightly Business Report) on PBS. Most of the time they are number one on NASDAQ. So far, none of the recent announcements have sparked a boost in the price per share. Not that this really means anything, but it would be a pleasant surprise to see the Mini boost stock value. People seem to love the Mini. Something about it making an adorable little server. So I hope the rumor (photo and all) are real. I am not in the market for a new Mac, but my drooling over the new MacBooks has stopped. Maybe it is time for the Mini to be the sexy new Mac!
post #73 of 93
Okay, now you are just being a ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

... It's your point, not mine. If you can't prove it yourself, might as well concede it.

Proven above, please read the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

... Here's what I said, word for word:...

i.e. pretty much exactly what I said you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

... But a power adapter comes with every computer that's ever existed. There's nothing new or special about that. At the time, Apple remotes and Front Row were fairly new and there really aren't any other comparable computers with that simple of a remote or media center-ish interface (or at least there weren't at the time).

The remote shipped in every box at the time just like a power adapter. There was nothing unique about it at all at the time that box was made. The remote icon was used to promote Front Row software which was also on every mac at the time. The remote was hardly ever "discovered" by most users in my experience and hardly ever used as well.

Now, by all means reply to every single sentence I uttered, quoting me word for word as you have previously. Don't expect a reply though.

Bottom line here is that you are the one going on and on in a somewhat over-eager fashion, trying to defend this picture as real, even ignoring the fact (pointed out to you by several people now), that much more realistic pictures and videos have turned out to be fakes in the past. The people who read this site regularly know this. The links posted to the images are links to this very site.

On the other hand, I am not arguing it's real or fake, just that it isn't the "done deal" you say it is. Guess which one of us looks more unreasonable and the most ill-informed?
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #74 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2005 View Post

If this photo is real, then the remote may no longer be packaged inside. This would be typical of Apple....

Apple already stopped shipping the remote with their products a while ago.

The whole point of including it was to promote Front Row software and that stopped being necessary when they brought out the AppleTV media server which now carries the burden of promoting Front Row all by itself.

The old remotes still work, both for the AppleTV and the iPod cradles, but if you don't already have one you have to buy one separately now.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #75 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

DVI doesn't do audio so you're looking for DisplayPort to HDMI when DisplayPort gets around to supporting audio (eventually) if HDMI ports aren't added.

I'd love to see 5 USB ports and FW800. I'd forgo upgrading my mini and get a new one.

Ya I didn't mean audio over dvi, just video. I currently have a MacBook Pro and use this setup for video... mini display port to dvi --> dvi to hdmi cable into my tv. Then for audio... mini stereo jack to RCA jacks into my entertainment center.

I did see a report that cables featuring straight hookups for mini display port to hdmi were coming out around the middle of this month if they aren't already. So will those feature audio or are you saying that will probably be down the road sometime?

Obviously the less cables the better which is why I'd love a Mac Mini with an hdmi port, plus I only plan to use mine as a media center with wireless keyboard/mouse. There's current ways to do it, but a refreshed version with hdmi is what I'm hoping for.
post #76 of 93
soooo, does the "real" product have 9 or 10 vent holes?
post #77 of 93
double-post deleted by wobegon.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #78 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Okay, now you are just being a ... Proven above, please read the thread.

I've been following the thread just as you have. I've seen the iHome. Is that what you're talking about? You were fooled by that?

Is it really so hard to come up with examples on the spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

i.e. pretty much exactly what I said you said.

No, and I'm not trying to be persnickety here. "Face reality" and "face the facts" are both cliched and rather condescending remarks. I was also talking about Apple's incentive, not simply pretending I know something everyone else doesn't, which I feel you have insinuated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Now, by all means reply to every single sentence I uttered, quoting me word for word as you have previously. Don't expect a reply though.

You don't seem interested in having your assertions questioned. Don't feel obligated to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Bottom line here is that you are the one going on and on in a somewhat over-eager fashion, trying to defend this picture as real, even ignoring the fact (pointed out to you by several people now), that much more realistic pictures and videos have turned out to be fakes in the past. The people who read this site regularly know this. The links posted to the images are links to this very site.

Please show me what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

On the other hand, I am not arguing it's real or fake, just that it isn't the "done deal" you say it is. Guess which one of us looks more unreasonable and the most ill-informed?

I. Never. Said. It. Was. A. Done. Deal.

You continue to repeat this with nothing to back it up. I've said multiple times now that it's not in Apple's interest to make the mini more enticing than it already is because that would spur sales in their least profitable computer.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #79 of 93
I think it's real, and I see no reason for Apple to change the design of the mini (beyond the ports, I mean).
post #80 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Apple already stopped shipping the remote with their products a while ago.

The whole point of including it was to promote Front Row software and that stopped being necessary when they brought out the AppleTV media server which now carries the burden of promoting Front Row all by itself.

The old remotes still work, both for the AppleTV and the iPod cradles, but if you don't already have one you have to buy one separately now.

Wrong. It's still included with the current mini (but likely not the one shipping tomorrow ). That's why I said it would be typical because it's doesn't ship with the other Macs anymore, just the mini.
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Photo may show next-gen Mac mini retail box