or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › DVD Eject

DVD Eject

post #1 of 8
I keep on having blank DVDs ejected from my iMac drive, it won't accept them and they won't even engage, it's not a case them being ejected when I try to burn. The drive works fine for blank CDs. Anyone had this problem, and if so, what is the solution? Is it a software or hardware problem?
post #2 of 8
At the risk of offending you... Your iMac does have a Superdrive, not a Combodrive... right?
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 8
What is the model of your iMac?
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTisNUM1 View Post

What is the model of your iMac?

It's an Intel 2 ghz, OSX 10.5.6 WITH 1.5 GB RAM
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

At the risk of offending you... Your iMac does have a Superdrive, not a Combodrive... right?

Superdrive is right.
post #6 of 8
I've tried some pre-recorded discs and it throws out pirates but plays genuine ones.
post #7 of 8
iMacs seem to be moody about cd's and specially dvd's. If you got the wrong brand it spits it out.
Seems to me that the best brand is a cheap cd/dvd called Imation, I don't know if in the USA they sell it.
But try all brands you can and you'll find one the iMac will accept...
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMalaga View Post

I keep on having blank DVDs ejected from my iMac drive, it won't accept them and they won't even engage, it's not a case them being ejected when I try to burn. The drive works fine for blank CDs. Anyone had this problem, and if so, what is the solution? Is it a software or hardware problem?

I had the same problem. I ended up solving the problem after my applestore diagnosed the defect as a corrupted driver, believe it or not. They asked me to reinstall Leopard and not to install MS Office as it was probably the cause of the corruption.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › DVD Eject