or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush Limbaugh a hater?

Rush Limbaugh a hater?

post #1 of 111
Give me some examples of Rush being a hater.
He kind of looks like an animated Andy Reid!

He seems passionate about his views.
Is he really a half a verb away from calling Obama a cotton picking {BEEEEEEEEEEEP}?

And the people who listen to his radio show and follow every word he says.
Who are these people?
Are they only the wealthy and well-off?
Or are they regular smallville, usa type folks who just want a good peaceful life?

I don't know.
If anyone there has any answers enlighten us!
post #2 of 111
The Republican Party's most effective communicators:

Rush Limbaugh
Ann Coulter
An unlicensed plumber called Samuel
A fourteen-year-old boy.
post #3 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Rush Limbaugh
Ann Coulter
A fourteen-year-old boy.

And its worst... the "future of the party"... an amalgam of Kenneth the Page, Mr. Rogers and Abu from the Simpsons, and an ex-beauty queen who shoots wolves from helicopters, bans books and can see Russia from her house.
post #4 of 111
Actually, y'all should be somewhat worried. Newt is making something of a comeback.

My hope is that Obama is not another Carter. I remember Carter fondly and he too was greeted with great hope in trying economic times and he too is an intelligent man.

Not so hot as a President though.

But yes, Limbaugh is a hater and the radio version of a troll. It amuses and saddens me when the democrats fed the troll rather than letting the guy fade away as he should have. The Republican "base" is welcome to him and Palin.

It was high time for the moderates to make a comeback. Aside from the two ladies from Maine none have appeared to take a leading role of any kind. And Steele is an idiot.
post #5 of 111
Seems like you guys got your talking points memo and are forwarding it accordingly. Good job!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #6 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Seems like you guys got your talking points memo and are forwarding it accordingly. Good job!

So are you saying you personally disagree with Limbaugh's politics and that Liberals' linking him to the current state of Republican thought is manufactured?
post #7 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So are you saying you personally disagree with Limbaugh's politics and that Liberals' linking him to the current state of Republican thought is manufactured?

I disagree with Limbaugh politics and it would be hard to define the current state of Republican thought as it appears very little of it is really going on.

Democratic linking of him to Republican thought is manufactured in as much as they think it is in their interest to make it so. The ground truth varies but he wouldn't have quite as much influence, IMHO, if they simply ignored him as irrelevant. No mention by name, no free air time, dismissal as unimportant whenever asked about him, etc.

"Rush? Uh, yeah, well, to be honest, we've been thinking about the economy and not so much about entertainers. Next question please."
post #8 of 111
Quote:

I don't know all of Limbaugh's politics as I don't listen to him.

However.... as the Politico article notes, it is more about creating a new caricature or target to knock down. They want a new "Gingrich who stole Christmas" or "Bush the warmongering monkey boy." I've noted for quite a while that the left prefers a caricature and as my sig notes, they want the comedians to do their dirty work for them so they don't have to deal with that whole messy policy and idea stuff.

post #9 of 111
Quote:

I don't know all of Limbaugh's politics as I don't listen to him.

However.... as the Politico article notes, it is more about creating a new caricature or target to knock down. They want a new "Gingrich who stole Christmas" or "Bush the warmongering monkey boy." I've noted for quite a while that the left prefers a caricature and as my sig notes, they want the comedians to do their dirty work for them so they don't have to deal with that whole messy policy and idea stuff.

Yeah, 'cause we all know the left has no ideas or policy positions.
post #10 of 111
Quote:

I didn't say that. I simply noted that the belief is that if they can demonize the opposition, that their policies and ideas will be correct in the vacuum. It is just the national version of the ad-hom.

A:Will the stimulus plan really stimulate?

B: The person criticizing it is Rush Limbaugh, the guy who hopes Obama fails.

A:Oh, well then hell, Obama must be right if that is the source of the criticism.

There is other criticism of course, but they want to create a large caricature target and specifically address that instead. There is huge pushback coming from most industry and business due to the Obama taxation plan. Obama is making energy the enemy. I posted the link to the administrative official conceding that the energy tax is legit and on everyone, but we don't need to worry about that 95% being taxed, we have that evil Rush Limbaugh to consider instead.

post #11 of 111
Quote:

I didn't say that. I simply noted that the belief is that if they can demonize the opposition, that their policies and ideas will be correct in the vacuum. It is just the national version of the ad-hom.

A:Will the stimulus plan really stimulate?

B: The person criticizing it is Rush Limbaugh, the guy who hopes Obama fails.

A:Oh, well then hell, Obama must be right if that is the source of the criticism.

There is other criticism of course, but they want to create a large caricature target and specifically address that instead. There is huge pushback coming from most industry and business due to the Obama taxation plan. Obama is making energy the enemy. I posted the link to the administrative official conceding that the energy tax is legit and on everyone, but we don't need to worry about that 95% being taxed, we have that evil Rush Limbaugh to consider instead.

Why's no one talking about the potential crises of a $1000 trillion (trillion!) derivates market creating a situation we can't bailout? The worlds total gdp is only $54 trillion annually.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #12 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Why's no one talking about the potential crises of a $1000 trillion (trillion!) derivates market creating a situation we can't bailout? The worlds total gdp is only $54 trillion annually.

Dude, the only people criticizing bailouts and stimulus are those running the treadmill of dead idea Republicans. They had their eight years and all they have left is Rush Limbaugh telling them what to do. He's the leader of their party. He wants Obama to fail.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is why no one is discussing it.

post #13 of 111
Quote:

Dude, the only people criticizing bailouts and stimulus are those running the treadmill of dead idea Republicans. They had their eight years and all they have left is Rush Limbaugh telling them what to do. He's the leader of their party. He wants Obama to fail.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is why no one is discussing it.

It's a Bushrush $1000 trillion if you know what I mean.

I haven't read Culturequake but have it ready to pick up from my local bookstore. I'm not sure about Bob Chapman's credibility, dubious Alex Jone's connections IMO. But this was certainly interesting. Looks like those pensions might not be there if the dow drops below 4000!

http://www.culturequake.org/Cultureq...d_Economy.html
post #14 of 111
Quote:

Great post! Great link!

Best parts IMHO;

Quote:
“I was a little surprised at the speed in which Mr. Steele, the head of the RNC, apologized to the head of the Republican Party,” Gibbs quipped with a grin, before striding out of the press room.

Quote:
“The television cameras just can’t stay away from him,” Carville said Tuesday, a day when cable news played images of Limbaugh seemingly on a loop. “Our strategy depends on him keeping talking, and I think we’re going to succeed.”

It's long overdue, Rush gets equal time with Jon and Stephen.

Does anyone have a clip of Rush jiggling and bouncing around in his Eastern European mafia outfit?

It reminded me of that clip of Steve Ballmer doing his monkey dance.

The irony here is that the Gay Old Party is a living, breathing, walking, talking caracture of itself.

Life imitating art

It doesn't get any bitter, err better, than this.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #15 of 111
Quote:

You just described Rush modus operandi. Dunno exactly why the dems are taking that page from the playbook given how badly it turned out this past year.
post #16 of 111
Quote:

Oooh - nice link!

I liked this part....

Quote:
His positives for voters under 40 was 11 percent, Carville recalled with a degree of amazement, alluding to a question about whether voters had a positive or negative view of the talk show host.

It appears that Rush's popularity lies with voters over 40. What is it that you like to call that demographic? Oh yeah..... boomers!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #17 of 111
Is Rush a hater... hmmm... just listened to a couple of talks by him and , well, it was pretty obvious.

---
Anybody notice the resemblance between Rush and Aisles (CEO of Fox)? BTW, Fox has now stated that they will challenge Obama to the end, thus ending all debate over whether they are a news corporation or a platform outlet. Maybe Ailes is now in the running for the leader of the GOP, directly challenging Rush on the air.

More hot air.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #18 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Is Rush a hater... hmmm... just listened to a couple of talks by him and , well, it was pretty obvious.

---
Anybody notice the resemblance between Rush and Aisles (CEO of Fox)? BTW, Fox has now stated that they will challenge Obama to the end, thus ending all debate over whether they are a news corporation or a platform outlet. Maybe Ailes is now in the running for the leader of the GOP, directly challenging Rush on the air.

More hot air.

I guess you weren't aware that Roger Ailes used to be the Executive Producer of Rush's TV show, before Murdoch hired him to create Fox News.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0014614/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ailes
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #19 of 111
I was speaking merely of the physical resemblance.

Yeah, it makes sense that the two were connected.

post #20 of 111
Quote:

Well, no good ones anyway...
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #21 of 111
Rush Limbaugh is a definitely an Asstastic Douchenozzle 3000 XL®, now with extra Extremism, Ugliness, and Oxycontin added! Same disgusting taste, now in a larger, uglier, and louder package! That would also be Rush Limbaugh, Official Spokesman of the GOP.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #22 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Rush Limbaugh is a definitely an Asstastic Douchenozzle 3000 XL®, now with extra Extremism, Ugliness, and Oxycontin added! Same disgusting taste, now in a larger, uglier, and louder package! That would also be Rush Limbaugh, Official Spokesman of the GOP.

Nice.

The Right has great ideas: they want the President of the United States to ail in his job. That would mean the end of the country, including for those on the right. And people who questioned the Iraq war were labelled as un-American. Among many other good ideas, such as lying to go to war for nothing; mass murder, spying on Americans, etc.

"You're either with us or you're against us."

The Right seemingly wants its own little country. Borgville.

post #23 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Nice.

The Right has great ideas: they want the President of the United States to ail in his job. That would mean the end of the country, including for those on the right. And people who questioned the Iraq war were labelled as un-American. Among many other good ideas, such as lying to go to war for nothing; mass murder, spying on Americans, etc.

"You're either with us or you're against us."

The Right seemingly wants its own little country. Borgville.

They would rather that there be no truth than to have the truth be that a Liberal's ideas succeed.

They'd rather the country fall apart than to have their little sacrosanct ideas shown to be as flimsy as they really are.

Why?

Because he'd be out of a job, he'd be out of a defining idea . . he is nothing without his hate of Liberals

I've been saying it for over a decade, he, and FOX are more responsible for the rise in divisive politics, the swing to the right and general close mindedness that has been at the helm of this country for far too long, more responsible than anyone else in this country
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #24 of 111
vinea:

Quote:
Actually, y'all should be somewhat worried. Newt is making something of a comeback.

Newt has been "making something of a comeback" since he was drummed out of office as a corrupt and terrible human being.

Quote:
You just described Rush modus operandi. Dunno exactly why the dems are taking that page from the playbook given how badly it turned out this past year.

Rush tells grand, fearful tales of demons that do not exist.
The Democrats are simply pointing a camera on the de facto intellectual leader of the Republican party, or at least the man that the supposed leader of the RNC is bowing down to.

Also, the Democrats actually have ideas right now. The Republicans are in the usual post-big-loss funk that all parties go through when they are slapped down hard at the polls. They are at a time of uncertainty and Rush Limbaugh is nothing if he is not certain. Republicans crave leadership, and in a power vacuum the man who wants power most has a good chance to rise. Hence: El Rushbo ascends.
proud resident of a failed state
post #25 of 111
Newt was on Sunday tv today... psuhing down dear Rush.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_172852.html

Don't want a rising Newt, but certainly don't want an influential Rush.

post #26 of 111
I have no problem with Republicans regaining relevance and power if their ideas make sense. Their fundamental problem is that they have no singular ideas as a party, it's a war of fractious elements.
post #27 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

and terrible human being.

Nice to see you're not taking this too personally.

Quote:

Rush tells grand, fearful tales of demons that do not exist.
The Democrats are simply pointing a camera on the de facto intellectual leader of the Republican party, or at least the man that the supposed leader of the RNC is bowing down to.

Oh for Pete's sake. The man's just a political commentator.

This whole "Rush is the leader of the GOP" is a silly White House strategy to deflect from the real discussion of what's going on in the economy and the pork-riddled stimulus that isn't stimulating anything. You used to take offence at nonsense like this.

Quote:

Also, the Democrats actually have ideas right now.

Throwing money wildly at problems is not a solution, nor does it constitute "ideas".

Quote:

The Republicans are in the usual post-big-loss funk that all parties go through when they are slapped down hard at the polls.

True.

Quote:

They are at a time of uncertainty and Rush Limbaugh is nothing if he is not certain. Republicans crave leadership, and in a power vacuum the man who wants power most has a good chance to rise. Hence: El Rushbo ascends.

Nonsense. Limbaugh isn't going to be elected as anything, and everybody - including the Democrats who are pushing this meme - knows it.
post #28 of 111
Frank777:

Quote:
This whole "Rush is the leader of the GOP" is a silly White House strategy to deflect from the real discussion of what's going on in the economy and the pork-riddled stimulus that isn't stimulating anything.

When the leader of the RNC is apologizing to Rush Limbaugh for saying something that was perfectly true you cannot convince me that he is not the de facto intellectual leader of the party.

Quote:
Throwing money wildly at problems is not a solution, nor does it constitute "ideas".

Yes, it is an idea. And it is not at all reasonable characterization of the economic stimulus package.

Quote:
Nonsense. Limbaugh isn't going to be elected as anything, and everybody - including the Democrats who are pushing this meme - knows it.

When did I say Rush was going to run for any office?
post #29 of 111
Once upon a time, there was the "liberal media bias" that prevented blah blah blah.

Now there is a White House-led conspiracy to cast Rush as the leader of the GOP.

Who's fault is it going to be next?

post #30 of 111
Woudln't it be great if thread had no mention of liberal vs conservative or republican vs democrat? You can always hope right?

But yeah, Rush is a hater. Almost his entire show is devoted to telling you who to hate today. He doesn't even use honorable debating tactics. No matter his position on any particular topic, I am always annoyed by his hate mongering.

In no way am I suggesting that this is the situation with all republicans or conservatives. Many of them feel the same way about Rush. After all, members of any party are individuals. Dividing everyone strictly into two camps of thought is a false dichotomy.
post #31 of 111
Man, remember when Rush and Sean Hannity used to excoriate Democrats for anything less than 100% unfettered support of the president during a crisis?

Ah, good times.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #32 of 111
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote:
The Rush Limbaugh Show is the most listened to radio talk show in America, broadcast on over 600 radio stations nationwide. It is hosted by America's Anchorman, Rush Limbaugh, also known as: America's Truth Detector; the Doctor of Democracy; the Most Dangerous Man in America; the All-Knowing, All-Sensing, All-Everything Maha Rushie; defender of motherhood, protector of fatherhood and an all-around good guy.

There is a "consensus" among the American people, who have made this the most listened to program, that it is also the most accurate, most right, and most correct. People who disagree with this are Rush Deniers.
post #33 of 111
Wow, where's that narcissistic text from?
post #34 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh View Post

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

This looks like the kinda guy that definately likes to hang out with Ted Haggard
post #35 of 111
Notice the advertizement banner is for the Rush Limbaugh Forum . . . wow, Appleinsider will stoop low.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #36 of 111
The ads seem to be generated n where you are, primarily.

I get lots of ads for American green cards. I already have citizenship so I don't know how that will help... Lots from the Ad Council, too.

post #37 of 111
When the stock market drops 30% since you take office just yell Limbaugh in a crowed theater.

Limbaugh! Palin! Pay no attention to that Charles Freeman behind the curtain. Gordon Brown is just a distraction. Ooops I mean recharge (ooops no reset) foreign relations.
post #38 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Rush Limbaugh
Ann Coulter
A fourteen-year-old boy.

And the right's apologists answer here,

FloorJack, et al.
post #39 of 111
We went from "we may never recover" to "there's some bargains out there" in little more than a week.

Limbaugh! Palin! Ignore the trillions in debt behind the green curtain.
post #40 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

When the stock market drops 30% since you take office ...

Where do you get "the stock market drops 30%" from?

DJIA = 7949.09 (close on 1/20)
DJIA = 7223.98 (close on 3/13, two days prior to your above statement)

(7949.09 - 7223.98) / 7949.09 = 9.1% != 30%

Therefore, your math is off by 229%

Thus, accurate conservative caricatures are in order, ergo a thread wrt Boss Limbaugh.

In that regard, Boss did graduate high school, however I seriously doubt that Boss could do the 5th grade math shown above.

Rush the Double Naught Spy;

Quote:
Rush was simply naive in the first season of the show, but became incredibly ignorant and self centered as the series progressed. He was particularly proud of his ed-ja-ma-cation: he spent 12 years at school before passing the sixth grade. The tallest student in his class in the town of Oxford because of his age, a running joke was people misunderstanding and being impressed that Rush graduated "top of his class at Oxford".
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush Limbaugh a hater?