or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush Limbaugh a hater?

Rush Limbaugh a hater? - Page 2

post #41 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

When the stock market drops 30% since you take office ...

Is that the theme for this week's GOP talking points?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #42 of 111
So do you think this is good?

This is from CNNmoney.com
post #43 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Is that the theme for this week's GOP talking points?

I think it's the nation's talking points. Look for Obama to show up on Fail Blog soon.
post #44 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Where do you get "the stock market drops 30%" from?

DJIA = 7949.09 (close on 1/20)
DJIA = 7223.98 (close on 3/13, two days prior to your above statement)

(7949.09 - 7223.98) / 7949.09 = 9.1% != 30%

Therefore, your math is off by 229%

Thus, accurate conservative caricatures are in order, ergo a thread wrt Boss Limbaugh.

In that regard, Boss did graduate high school, however I seriously doubt that Boss could do the 5th grade math shown above.

Rush the Double Naught Spy;

I should have said since being elected. (9139-6574)/9139X100=28% Wall Street and Teh World are giving Obama a big vote of "no confidence". The Dow opened at 8237 on 1/20. While Obama was being inaugurated the market was going down.

Rush! Palin! Token Black man for the RNC! Bush's fault!
post #45 of 111
Quote:

I should have said since being elected. (9139-6574)/9139X100=28% Wall Street and Teh World are giving Obama a big vote of "no confidence". The Dow opened at 8237 on 1/20. While Obama was being inaugurated the market was going down.

But you didn't, and that's the whole point for a thread such as this one.

Does the DJIA get to vote? I kind of don't think so.

Was the DJIA unaware of the Inauguration? I kind of don't think so. I mean, the DJIA almost increased back to it's 1/19 close the very next day (1/21).

In other words, prove causation between the Inauguration and the drop in the DJIA the very same day.

Then you can proceed to prove causation between everything the Obama administration does and everything the DJIA does.

Have fun with that one Luntz.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #46 of 111
Frank. Give it a rest. The right doesn't give a shit about "reality". I'm sure that when the market ticks up a little Dana Parino well go on the teevee and claim the credit should go to Bush.... oh, wait!

Gotta love freeper land.
post #47 of 111
When does the "vast right wing conspiracy" come into play? Or has that been transmographied into "racism".
post #48 of 111
WTF are you talking about? Conspiracies have got nothing to do with HEAD-ON IN-YOUR-FACE revisionist history currently taking place wrt Bush.

Isn't it interesting, the bookends to Bush's presidency? If you were to listen to Ari Fleischer and guys like you you'd think Bush WASN'T the president during 9/11 (that was, apparently, Clinton's watch) and that he wasn't president when the economy melted down in September (because Obama was running for president, so it wasn't his fault then either because...you know...he was just riding the last couple of months out).

Funny that.
post #49 of 111
Quote:

Frank. Give it a rest. The right doesn't give a shit about "reality". I'm sure that when the market ticks up a little Dana Parino well go on the teevee and claim the credit should go to Bush.... oh, wait!

Gotta love freeper land.

This is exactly right. The difference now is that everyone except them knows it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #50 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

This is exactly right. The difference now is that everyone except them knows it.

Exactly. It's kinda like when Ari Fleischer went on Hardball and said we all ought to be extremely thankful to Bush for keeping us safe. WTF? Are you joking? Hello! The greatest terrorist strike in the history of the U.S. happened on Bush's watch!
post #51 of 111
Quote:

WTF are you talking about? Conspiracies have got nothing to do with HEAD-ON IN-YOUR-FACE revisionist history currently taking place wrt Bush.

Isn't it interesting, the bookends to Bush's presidency? If you were to listen to Ari Fleischer and guys like you you'd think Bush WASN'T the president during 9/11 (that was, apparently, Clinton's watch) and that he wasn't president when the economy melted down in September (because Obama was running for president, so it wasn't his fault then either because...you know...he was just riding the last couple of months out).

Funny that.

Bush! 9/11! Rush! Ignore the AIG bonuses behind the curtain!
post #52 of 111
Quote:

Bush! 9/11! Rush! Ignore the AIG bonuses behind the curtain!

Obama sure isn't!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/...ses/index.html

Quote:
Obama tries to stop AIG bonuses: 'How do they justify this outrage?'

Story Highlights
NEW: Sen. Charles Grassley suggests executives follow Japanese model

Sen. Chris Dodd suggests tax provision crafted toward recipients of bonuses

House committee investigating ways Congress can force AIG to renegotiate bonuses

Attorney General Andrew Cuomo threatens to issue subpoenas to AIG

post #53 of 111
[post deleted]
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #54 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Obama sure isn't!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/...ses/index.html

Of course the bonus thingy is a distraction from where the billions paid to AIG went. Which was never a mystery to me. Talk about double dipping bailout! Holly Transfer of Wealth Batman!
post #55 of 111
This thread is supposed to be about Rush, but seems to be also about various things...

A GOP senator, Grassley, said the AIG admins should either quit or commit suicide. I agree with the notion; why stop just with the dorks over at AIG?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #56 of 111
Chriss Dodd! Fox watching the hen house.

What happened to that no more earmarks thingy Obama was going to do?

Bush! 9/11! Greed! Rush!
post #57 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

This thread is supposed to be about Rush, but seems to be also about various things...

A GOP senator, Grassley, said the AIG admins should either quit or commit suicide. I agree with the notion; why stop just with the dorks over at AIG?

It's about people who think like Boss Limbaugh, even if they don't listen to Boss Limbaugh, or Sean Manatee, or Bill O'Rally, or Glenn Brick. or ...

You know, angry white men.
post #58 of 111
Quote:

Ignoring 1) that tying presidential success or failure with the daily machinations of the market is stupid and
2) Obama somehow being responsible for the market prior to his presidency

does that mean it's OK to blame GWB for the 40% drop between October 2007 and October 2008? Was that Wall Street and The World giving George a big vote of "no confidence"?

But I guess since he was the favorite Obama's to blame for everything since March 08 when it became evident he'd be the nominee?

Or maybe it was all George Bushes awesomeness that go the market up past 14,000, and then "Wall Street and Teh World" realized a democrat would probably win, so they're responsible for it all?
post #59 of 111
Man, it's too bad Obama didn't don his Superman cape during his inauguration and fix Wallstreet before Justice Roberts fucked up the swearing in ceremony.
post #60 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

does that mean it's OK to blame GWB for the 40% drop between October 2007 and October 2008?

Didn't stop people from doing so in these parts...
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #61 of 111
Quote:

Chriss Dodd! Fox watching the hen house.

What happened to that no more earmarks thingy Obama was going to do?

Bush! 9/11! Greed! Rush!

Uh. McCain wasn't elected president. That was his campaign theme. Not Obama's. But whatev.
post #62 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Didn't stop people from doing so in these parts...

After a couple of decades of being lectured by these people (Republicans) on the subject of personal responsibility it's all a bit too much to take, you know?
post #63 of 111
Quote:

Uh. McCain wasn't elected president. That was his campaign theme. Not Obama's. But whatev.

Obama: No earmarks for 2009

Quote:
"We can no longer accept a process that doles out earmarks based on a member of Congress' seniority, rather than the merit of the project," Obama's statement said.

Obama bans earmarks from economic package

Quote:
He told reporters at his transition office that his package will set a "new higher standard of accountability, transparency and oversight. We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert projects without review."

Thank gods we voted for Hope and Change and not More of the McSame
post #64 of 111
Quote:

Yes! Thank god for no more of McSame or that wolf shooting, can't get her facts straight hussy!
post #65 of 111
Quote:

So I assume then you'll demand that Darrell Issa return the $7.6 million in pork, $142,500 of which is for the French Valley Airport Feasibility Study and $400,000 for the City of Oceanside Community Safety Partnership Collaborative.

Or I'm sure you'll be equally as pissed off at Sen. David Vitter's 142 earmarks totaling $249.2M, $6M of which is for researching subterranean termites. Yeowza!

Maybe James Inhofe's $80.2M pork package for animal waste management will do it for you? Stinky.

Perhaps the $25.8M in pork projects Jon Kyl of Arizona threw in to the bill will get you going?

I'm suspecting the $75.5M in forage animal production research in Kentucky has got you really pissed of at Mitch McConnell, Bitcher #1.

Orin Hatch is a good guy, so I'm sure you won't be too bothered that he snuck in $63.2M in pork projects for parking lots on Ohio? Right?

Shall I continue?

I thought it was funny how mad Mel Martinez got at all the pork in the bill considering he took $106.7M in pork for the lovely state of Florida. $106M is a lot of shekels.

I'm sure John Ensign's furious outrage over pork spending wasn't spurred by his $52.6M for bus facilities in Nevada.

When Jim Bunning of Kentucky shouted "CUT THEM ALL OUT", he wasn't referring to the 13 earmarks for weather warning sirens.

As Saxby Chambliss was waxing poetic about the evils of Obama's pork he was secretly thankful he got 67 earmarks totaling $45.7M for blueberry production and cotton inspection.

And lastly but not final, Doc Hastings took $16.8M in pork after issuing a statement about how "disappointed" he was by the amount of pork in the bill.
post #66 of 111
Quote:

So I assume then you'll demand that Darrell Issa return the $7.6 million in pork, $142,500 of which is for the French Valley Airport Feasibility Study and $400,000 for the City of Oceanside Community Safety Partnership Collaborative.

Or I'm sure you'll be equally as pissed off at Sen. David Vitter's 142 earmarks totaling $249.2M, $6M of which is for researching subterranean termites. Yeowza!

Maybe James Inhofe's $80.2M pork package for animal waste management will do it for you? Stinky.

Perhaps the $25.8M in pork projects Jon Kyl of Arizona threw in to the bill will get you going?

I'm suspecting the $75.5M in forage animal production research in Kentucky has got you really pissed of at Mitch McConnell, Bitcher #1.

Orin Hatch is a good guy, so I'm sure you won't be too bothered that he snuck in $63.2M in pork projects for parking lots on Ohio? Right?

Shall I continue?

I thought it was funny how mad Mel Martinez got at all the pork in the bill considering he took $106.7M in pork for the lovely state of Florida. $106M is a lot of shekels.

I'm sure John Ensign's furious outrage over pork spending wasn't spurred by his $52.6M for bus facilities in Nevada.

When Jim Bunning of Kentucky shouted "CUT THEM ALL OUT", he wasn't referring to the 13 earmarks for weather warning sirens.

As Saxby Chambliss was waxing poetic about the evils of Obama's pork he was secretly thankful he got 67 earmarks totaling $45.7M for blueberry production and cotton inspection.

And lastly but not final, Doc Hastings took $16.8M in pork after issuing a statement about how "disappointed" he was by the amount of pork in the bill.

Issa! Vitter! Inhofe! Rush! Bush! Kyl! McConnell! Hatch! Coulter! 9/11! Martinez! Ensign! Bunning! Chambliss!

Pay no attention to Obama unless it's Teh Hope-Change and some good deals in the stock market just after we passed the point of no return with Teh Stimulus.

How's Obama going to argue for Stimulus II now?
post #67 of 111
Quote:

Issa! Vitter! Inhofe! Rush! Bush! Kyl! McConnell! Hatch! Coulter! 9/11! Martinez! Ensign! Bunning! Chambliss!

Pay no attention to Obama unless it's Teh Hope-Change and some good deals in the stock market just after we passed the point of no return with Teh Stimulus.

Just what exactly are we not supposed to be paying attention to with Obama?

If they ask for it and make a case they'll get it. Because the american public wants this recession to end. According to a recent poll the public believes the Democrats more likely to bring an end to the recession.
post #68 of 111
Quote:

The one thing I've learned lately... the louder Republicans bitch about something the more full of shit they really are. Rail against pork. Point out they've got big fat all over hands. Change the subject.
post #69 of 111
There's a simple solution, really: anyone who rails against "pork" should have their pet projects stripped from the stimulus bill, immediately, end of discussion.

Same way the governors fulminating against evil federal money should simply stop getting such money, immediately, the end.

This should be between elected representatives and their constituencies. If such representatives want to use money flowing to the people that elected them to score cheap, hypocritical political points, they should be held to their convictions. Then the voters can decide what to do with them.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #70 of 111
We can remove The Savior Sara from any serious discussions: looks like she would fair worse against Obama than Angry John:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/20...ush_palin.html

This poll shows she would be crushed.

post #71 of 111
The AIG CEO used to work for, drum-roll, Donald Rumsfeld. He also donated $2300 to McSame/Wolf Killer during the election last year. GW & Cronies, Inc., opposed caps on executive bonuses.

Connecting the dots...

post #72 of 111
You do realize that Clinton was crushing Obama by 20+ points in early 2007 before the primaries started right?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #73 of 111
So you're saying that Obama tends to fair far better than polls suggest early on?

post #74 of 111
Obama was the second largest recipient of campaign donations from AIG during his short jaunt as a senator.
post #75 of 111
Hey nobody mention Obama's unilateral move against Mexico! Violating trade agreements.

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!
post #76 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

So you're saying that Obama tends to fair far better than polls suggest early on?

Anyone who is the standard bearer does better early on.

Quote:

Hey nobody mention Obama's unilateral move against Mexico! Violating trade agreements.

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!

But wait there is more.... the snubbing of U.K.'s Prime Minister Brown

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!

The Chinese starting to question whether all this government debt is ever going to get paid and "stimulate."

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!

The "monetizing" effect of $1.15 trillion being created out of air including to pay back government debt.

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!

Half trillion dollar debts being the new "fiscal responsibility."

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!

post #77 of 111
The botched/rejected and very public quid pro quo Iran-Russia-Eastern Europe deal.

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!

The snub from Iran and Syria. They will love us now because we are reaching out

Limbaugh! Limbaugh!
post #78 of 111
Ah, Dick Cheney:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...With-a-Vampire

Before anyone discounts the source (Oh, the Daily Show, what a liberal blah blah blah), the clip shows clips of Cheney, in his own words, saying stuff that simply doesn't mesh; the art of the DS.

post #79 of 111
Yes but using clips I could make a politician declare they are humping a goat. There is a reason we have this concept called context.

Besides, we all need to remember Stewart's own defense when people try to hold him to journalistic standards... he's a comedian and his show follows sock puppets making crank calls.

I'll laugh at your source and mock it because that is what it wants and demands.

post #80 of 111
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush Limbaugh a hater?