or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush Limbaugh a hater?

Rush Limbaugh a hater? - Page 3

post #81 of 111
Don't worry about that. They will make sure the prisoners get don't get their bonuses from AIG unless it is to donate to the political campaigns of Dodd and Obama.

CNBC! CNBC! CNBC! CNBC!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #82 of 111
Reading around the Net for the past hour, I noticed lots of very similar-seeming reader comments posted on many different sites - literally almost the exact wording found on several different sites (not that this is unusual), almost like spam messages. Then found all of them compiled in one place:

Republican talking points memos leaked:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_176848.html

Will likely hear many of the same ones from the loud one on The View.
Enjoy.

NB: The comments at the bottom fill in some of the detail missing from the memos.

And there is this, from late 2008:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121402670.html

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #83 of 111
Dear World,

The Congress writes all legislation. It was controlled by Democrats last term and those margins grew and it is again controlled by Democrats. We pass every bit of legislation that has occured not just since Obama was elected but in the two years prior to that. Sometimes we even read some of it before we vote on it.

However this note is to remind you that rather than dealing with reality we prefer intent. Those Republicans are evil, bad and mean people. Their intentions are always bad no matter what facts they may note. Also President Bush may have been a retarded ape, but he was a retarded ape with a secret mind control ray. He not only put all these evil things into the bill, even though he cannot write legislation, he made certain Democrats directly act on his desires, and made other Democrats fail to stop it his desires. The mind control ray is incredibly powerful. It is even more powerful than Obama's approval rate and charisma.

This Congress, it had trouble passing the stimulus bill and apparently the Obama budget is facing some serious hurdles. However we had to give President Bush whatever he wanted, or whatever we can claim he wanted since we want to blame him. Sure it might be stretching credibility to note that a hugely popular president with large majorities in both houses needed two votes to get the stimulus bill through while a lame duck, lowest job approval since Nixon, no party in control of either house president gets whatever he wants in the bill but we are just hoping you don't remember that...

BONUS, BONUS, BONUS, AIG, AIG, YOU LOST GET OVER IT, JINDAL LOOKS LIKE THAT PAGE BOY GUY, Holy shit don't look over here and think or remember!

Thanks so much for your time and remember that President Obama is only raising taxes on the rich.......and anyone who uses energy which isn't you or at least it won't be you after you see your new electrical and heating rates.

Thanks,

The Democrats

post #84 of 111
The Repuglikans must be having a real hard time accepting that they had to vote for the taxes on the AIG idiots... increasing taxes on the rich (at least a limited few)... counter to what Cheney said was soooooooo effective years ago and counter to what McAnger ran on last fall...

post #85 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The Repuglikans must be having a real had time accepting that they had to vote for the taxes on the AIG idiots... increasing taxes on the rich (at least a limited few)... counter to what Cheney said was soooooooo effective years ago and counter to what McAnger ran on last fall...

I think it's great that the government is getting back to targeting citizens that are unpopular and not well liked. 'cause you know it always works out so well.
post #86 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I think it's great that the government is getting back to targeting citizens that are unpopular and not well liked. 'cause you know it always works out so well.

These people you speak of have been targeting people themselves.

Poor Ann Coulter!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #87 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So you would say they were asking for it? I mean it's their fault, right?

Quote:

Poor Ann Coulter!

Coulter! Coulter! Coulter! Coulter! Coulter! Any more irrelevant entertainers you want to use to send up a smoke screen during Obama's on the job training? Where I work the first 90 days are probationary? Is that how Obama's first hundred days work?
post #88 of 111
Sure. Let's have another election after the 100 days are up. Hope that works out for you.

In Bizarro world, Obama might not keep his job. But in this one he'd win with even more of a majority than he got last November.

Your sarcasm seems to be implying that the majority of Americans don't see good things so far. Once again, such a tone would be deceptive, as that's not at all the case.
post #89 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Your sarcasm seems to be implying that the majority of Americans don't see good things so far. Once again, such a tone would be deceptive, as that's not at all the case.

Republicans are quite isolated in their views. They just get fringier and fringier with every passing day....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/...oll/index.html

Quote:
Obama's job approval rating stands at 64 percent in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Monday. That rating is down 3 percentage points from mid-February.

When asked about the economy, 59 percent of respondents approve of how Obama's performing, with 40 percent disapproving.

"Most of the Americans who disapprove of Obama are Republicans," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director. "His approval rating is 59 percent among independents and over 90 percent among Democrats, but two-thirds of Republicans have a negative view of his actions in office so far."

Two out of three approve of how the president is helping the middle class, 64 percent give Obama a thumbs up on unemployment, 62 percent approve of how he's handling taxes, and 54 percent support him on the home foreclosure crisis.

The poll indicates that the vast majority of Americans, 86 percent, hope that Obama's policies will succeed, with 11 percent rooting for his policies to fail. But when asked if Obama's policies will succeed, the number drops 22 percentage points to 64 percent.

"One in four Republicans wants Obama's policies to fail," Holland said. "But six in 10 Republicans think the president will fail."

A big political question is whether this recession will become Obama's. The poll suggests that the president may have some time on his hands. If the economy does not improve over the next year, 54 percent said they'll still blame former President Bush and the Republicans for the mess, with 32 percent pinning the blame on Obama and the Democrats who control Congress.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #90 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Thanks so much for your time and remember that President Obama is only raising taxes on the rich.......and anyone who uses energy which isn't you or at least it won't be you after you see your new electrical and heating rates.

I am rich because I sell energy. _ he is going to make me even richer.

If you have just a minute amount of brains you could have seen this coming as well.

However Republimbeciles believed the future is in stocks and oil, cute. The moral is: Don't trust burning Bushes.
post #91 of 111
Man. I'm floored by all this love and support from both sides of the isle for the President of the United States during a time of national crisis and peril. My heart swims with patriotism!

ASSHATS!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #92 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Man. I'm floored by all this love and support from both sides of the isle for the President of the United States during a time of national crisis and peril. My heart swims with patriotism!

ASSHATS!

Your comments are about 8 years too late.
post #93 of 111
Quote:

Sorry but respect isn't freely given. It's earned and Bush did everything possible to not do this. Obama while still new is a really different kettle of fish. He's actually trying to do something about solving the crisis that the president you're talking about helped to create.

The republicans are quick to criticize but not so quick with proposed solutions. All they've said so far is the same rhetoric that got us into this mess.

So far Obama has earned my respect.
post #94 of 111
Roughly eight years ago there was an atmosphere created wherein anyone who questioned the president and his wars was considered to "not support the troops" and, worse, to be un-patriotic, to not love his country, or even to be un-American. Required respect is better left to dictators, and the Borg.

post #95 of 111
Quote:

Sorry but respect isn't freely given. It's earned and Bush did everything possible to not do this. Obama while still new is a really different kettle of fish. He's actually trying to do something about solving the crisis that the president you're talking about helped to create.

The republicans are quick to criticize but not so quick with proposed solutions. All they've said so far is the same rhetoric that got us into this mess.

So far Obama has earned my respect.

Sounds like politics to me. Did you take Obama's creepy pledge too?
post #96 of 111
Quote:

Sounds like politics to me. Did you take Obama's creepy pledge too?

Quote:
Sounds like politics to me

This is a political forum.

Sounds like all you can do is repeat rhetoric.

Quote:
Did you take Obama's creepy pledge too?

What exactly is creepy about it? And to whom?

Sorry but at least he's trying to do something about our issues. That's more than the same old tired line I'm hearing elsewhere.

What's really creepy was what we just had for 8 years.
post #97 of 111
Quote:

This is a political forum.

What I'm saying is that it's your politics that leads you to implicitly support Obama and not Bush. For you, IMO, it has everything to do with party affiliation and nothing to do with job performance.

Quote:

Sounds like all you can do is repeat rhetoric..

Yes yes. I'm a rhetoric repeater and you're and honest commenter on the issue of the day.

Quote:

What exactly is creepy about it? And to whom?.

It's creepy that people are going door to door and asking people to pledge their support of Obama's budget. What if I refuse to pledge my support?

Quote:

Sorry but at least he's trying to do something about our issues. That's more than the same old tired line I'm hearing elsewhere..

Doing what? Talking down the economy saying it may never recover and then two weeks later telling people to buy stocks? WTF is this FNG up to?

Quote:

What's really creepy was what we just had for 8 years.

At least now I'm for Hope and Change.
post #98 of 111
Quote:

It's creepy that people are going door to door and asking people to pledge their support of Obama's budget. What if I refuse to pledge my support?

I must have missed the news about this one. Who is doing this?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #99 of 111
Quote:

So then you agree? You agree that when the country is in crisis the president should been given a certain amount deferential respect? Otherwise one would be considered seditious and wishing harm on America?

In other words, you agree that criticism of Bush during the Iraq war was irresponsible behavior, yes?
post #100 of 111
Quote:

So then you agree? You agree that when the country is in crisis the president should been given a certain amount deferential respect? Otherwise one would be considered seditious and wishing harm on America?

In other words, you agree that criticism of Bush during the Iraq war was irresponsible behavior, yes?

Whatever you say. I'm for or against and support or don't whatever makes you happiest.
post #101 of 111
Quote:

Whatever you say. I'm for or against and support or don't whatever makes you happiest.

I don't understand why you won't answer the question. It's a pretty simple question.
post #102 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

I am rich because I sell energy. _ he is going to make me even richer.

If you have just a minute amount of brains you could have seen this coming as well.

However Republimbeciles believed the future is in stocks and oil, cute. The moral is: Don't trust burning Bushes.

You sell energy much like ethanol producers sell energy. Being rich from the government manipulating the market is not the same thing as out competing someone or some solution.

Your boast amounts to "you should have know that the ref was going to change the rules to make it illegal for one team to run and thus lose."

I for one would not put all my eggs into a solution that requires certain powers be in office to create the market distortions that allow a "profit" to be made.

post #103 of 111
edit

deleted post

this forum's dead as doorknobs
post #104 of 111
Quote:

I don't understand why you won't answer the question. It's a pretty simple question.

I know why!
post #105 of 111
Quote:

What I'm saying is that it's your politics that leads you to implicitly support Obama and not Bush. For you, IMO, it has everything to do with party affiliation and nothing to do with job performance.

Yes yes. I'm a rhetoric repeater and you're and honest commenter on the issue of the day

Doing what? Talking down the economy saying it may never recover and then two weeks later telling people to buy stocks? WTF is this FNG up to?

Quote:

It's what the man plans to do. I like Obama's programs. My gut says he's a good man and in earnest. I didn't like Bush's performance and we won't go into what my gut does a the mere mention of his name. And it wouldn't matter if their parties were reversed.

Quote:
Yes yes. I'm a rhetoric repeater and you're and honest commenter on the issue of the day

Well at least you got something straight!

Quote:

Well of course you'll be taken out in the cornfield and given to the devil! Geez!

Do you have a link that shows this? Doesn't matter anyway they're not the first to go door to door if it's true. You make big issues out of the most tiny things.

Quote:

I don't think that technically he said it would never recover. I do believe he said it could get alot worse if we do nothing. Spending is good to do when you want liquidity and confidence.

Quote:

While not being entirely sure what you're for it sounds like the same old thing.

post #106 of 111
Quote:

Poor Ann Coulter!

"There's no refridgerator in here."
"That's what we have Ann Coulter for."
Coulter's legs slowly open.
"There's nothing goood in here..."
post #107 of 111
Ol' Rushbo is at it again....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_188388.html

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh read the torture memos and got inspired to perform a brief act of self-torture and strenuous exercise, just like the old-timey radio pornographers used to do back in the Roaring Twenties! It sounded exactly as dirty as this:

LIMBAUGH: *SLAP* I just slapped myself! *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* I'm torturing myself, right now! That's torture! *SLAP* According to these people. *SLAP* If there is another hit...ahhhhh - ahhhh - *sigh*...welllll *SLAP*

I gotta admit... that's funnier than his average idiocy.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #108 of 111
He is first and foremost an entertainer. Love him or hate him, he's good at it.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #109 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

"There's no refridgerator in here."
"That's what we have Ann Coulter for."
Coulter's legs slowly open.
"There's nothing goood in here..."

Missed this, hilarious.
post #110 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

He is first and foremost an entertainer. Love him or hate him, he's good at it.

Not really, I'd like to see his attitude after being slapped silly by some gorilla with the power of life or death in the balance.

Quivering lump of jello I'd suspect, not daring to move, compared to...
post #111 of 111
Yeah and I'd like to see how much mocking John and Stevie get done under the same circumstances as well.

Oh noes.... someone who isn't them is engaging in mockery! That should be illegal. It will probably causing a killing somewhere.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush Limbaugh a hater?