or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Shortly: iMacs, Mac minis, Mac Pros, AirPorts and Time Capsules
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shortly: iMacs, Mac minis, Mac Pros, AirPorts and Time Capsules - Page 2

post #41 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Should have stuck with DDR2 in the iMacs and bought better CPU's or something, STUPID.

Just better GPUS would have been better.
post #42 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

us = cheaper, uk & everywhere else on planet earth = more

hmmmm
post #43 of 61
No new Cinema displays but the Mac Pro now has DisplayPort so it can use the 24" LED Cinema Display.
post #44 of 61
seems like the Apple Remote is now an option with a Mac Mini:
"Apple Remote
Add an Apple Remote to enjoy total command of your music, photos, videos and DVDs from anywhere in the room."

Hooking up two displays on a MacPro requires an additional card:
"Note: Connecting two 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Displays requires an additional NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 graphics card. Connecting two 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Displays requires a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Video Adapter."

Dang! It seems that Apple's progress is directly related Job's health.
bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

No new Cinema displays but the Mac Pro now has DisplayPort so it can use the 24" LED Cinema Display.

So Pro users are going to be using 24" Cinema Displays... Or... it means, there is a Pro Matte and Glossy 30" LED Cinema Display on the way.
post #46 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

seems like the Apple Remote is now an option with a Mac Mini:
"Apple Remote
Add an Apple Remote to enjoy total command of your music, photos, videos and DVDs from anywhere in the room."

Hooking up two displays on a MacPro requires an additional card:
"Note: Connecting two 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Displays requires an additional NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 graphics card. Connecting two 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Displays requires a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Video Adapter."

Dang! It seems that Apple's progress is directly related Job's health.

It seems clearer what a tour-de-force Jobs was. The culture of the company is still strong, but the top-level, ball-breaking decisions, well, needs a Steve Jobs.
post #47 of 61
NEW COMPACT WIRED KEYBOARD


I wish the keys were black and it was backlit.
Same price as full size KB $49
post #48 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Ah what I was saying. Due to the strength of the US dollar, the UK prices have gone up. Also due to the collapse of the pound.

US prices are up $150 too.

They've also removed the remote from the package.
post #49 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

NEW COMPACT WIRED KEYBOARD


I wish the keys were black and it was backlit.
Same price as full size KB $49

What a joke. And that comes with the new iMac's. You know people with desktops actually like numberpads.
post #50 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

NEW COMPACT WIRED KEYBOARD


I wish the keys were black and it was backlit.
Same price as full size KB $49

That's kinda weird. Do most mainstream users not use the numeric keypad? This is actually quite bizzare.
post #51 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

That's kinda weird. Do most mainstream users not use the numeric keypad? This is actually quite bizzare.

Guess not. Might as well just buy a laptop...maybe thats Apple's plan.
post #52 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCjetblue320 View Post

What a joke. And that comes with the new iMac's. You know people with desktops actually like numberpads.

Fortunately at the configuration stage you can choose a keyboard with numeric keypad for no extra charge.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
post #53 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB has 800 stream processors onboard!

It is a +$200 option on the Mac Pro.
The base card is a $150 so the card by itself should be about $350!
Very reasonable for the performance boost it gives.
I just hope it is backwards compatible with older Mac Pros.
Currently they aren't offering it as a separate part.

and about $100 over priced on top of a $1000+ over priced core i7 system.
post #54 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

That's kinda weird. Do most mainstream users not use the numeric keypad? This is actually quite bizzare.

I've been using the Mac since 1986, have had a numeric keypad for as long as I can remember, have used it maybe 4 times. I don't even need it for gaming. What are you using your computer as a cash register? Who types numbers these days?
post #55 of 61
I gotta hand it to you Mr. X, hang around and spoil future announcements too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
post #56 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

That's kinda weird. Do most mainstream users not use the numeric keypad? This is actually quite bizzare.

I think it's weird too, I use my keypad on my now older aluminum one all the time. Not to mention the home and end keys and all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
post #57 of 61
Today is also the first day of CeBIT trade show, world's largest computer expo
post #58 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

and about $100 over priced on top of a $1000+ over priced core i7 system.



I'm a bit confused about what you are saying here.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #59 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by theScent View Post

I've been using the Mac since 1986, have had a numeric keypad for as long as I can remember, have used it maybe 4 times. I don't even need it for gaming. What are you using your computer as a cash register? Who types numbers these days?

I just dont know what to say. I use my computer to manage my personal and work finances on a daily basis. I actually use my Mac as my main work computer at the moment. I have a MacBook but I try to use it with my 17" Sony LCD whenever I can, with a Logitech wireless keyboard (with numeric keypad) and mouse.

But hey, that's just me. If you can live life without having to type numbers much, hey, who am I to stop anyone.

Or were you being sarcastic in your post? If so that would have been brilliant.
post #60 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post


I'm a bit confused about what you are saying here.

He's just saying that you don't need to buy an extreme Nehalem Xeon system to get a Radeon 4870. The Radeon 4870 is an overall excellent card and it can be bought by itself for only $250 USD. This card at $250 can be used with even a $500 Core 2 PC to deliver excellent gaming performance (Crysis is playable at high resolutions).

So your estimate of the card being $350 means Apple is charging you a premium of up to $100 on the Radeon 4870.

Hope that makes sense.

However as for the Nehalem Xeon, that system is so friggin powerful (16 logical cores) I say Apple has the right to charge whatever the heck it wants.

16 cores. The day has arrived. Wow.
post #61 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecking View Post

I gotta hand it to you Mr. X, hang around and spoil future announcements too!

Mr. X is THE BOMB man...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Shortly: iMacs, Mac minis, Mac Pros, AirPorts and Time Capsules