Originally Posted by SmilinGoat
this is the fanboyism that i am talking about. lets just make a list, to sort things out.
1. people buy computers, PC or Mac, to get things done. they buy them to accomplish some kind of task, from finances o video games. some PICK Macs because they look better and they like OSX more than windows. this is stating the obvious. which i need to do with you.
2. Software is not better. while it does have some great apps, its just too limited to say it is "better" as a general statement, maybe you like it more because everything you use is on it, and you like the mac software better, but more than likely you like it because its pretty, and its all you know because you wouldn't touch a PC, which has so many different programs for so many different needs. personally everything i need is available on a mac, which is one reason i am looking for them (i also like them more) but there is a difference between you and i. i think its easy to see that difference.
2.1 "especially for creative people" you are so pretentious.
3. Specs count. its as simple as that. i would gladly pay a few bills more for a computer that i felt looked nice and was of high quality. but when you get to the point where you can have an all-in-one with the same sized screen with things like blu-ray drives, desktop graphics cards, and quad core CPU's included in a price slightly lower than the iMac? then a person starts to realize exactly what they are losing by getting the one that looks nicer on the desk.
4. I come here because i like the Apple iPhone, the iPod Touch, and i want to replace my old mac with a new iMac. I come here because i want to learn everything i can about the future products before i make my purchase. unlike you i come here with an open mind to things outside of the Apple Empire, and i will not blindly buy a new Apple product because it has been upgraded and the price dropped. i will continue to compare it to other products, and when these products continue to advance on the iMac, i will not ignore it and pretend that the products are worse than they are.
5. Most people do not blindly buy apple computers because they look nice. OSX users that i know tend to be far more knowledgeable about what their computer is capable of, than the average PC user i run into, that suggests that these people buy it for those functions more than they buy it for a pretty computer. sure it helps, but that is not why most people put their money down for it.
6. you stick with Apple because it is what you know, youve cornered yourself because you fear that a PC could not do what your Mac does, they can, for your information, but i understand why you stick with them nonetheless.
7. you've said i am claiming that specs alone matter, more times than i care to count. this is false, i have been one of the people that have stated they would spend more money on a computer that has the same specs if it means the computer looks a little nicer, but go back to the top and see what i said about the dell all in one that costs slightly less and offers a quad core/better graphics card/and blu-ray, thats not a small difference. if it was something like the apple having a 2.66 Quad core vs a 2.93 Quad in a dell? i'd stick with the mac. if the dell had a 8800gtx and the mac had 8800gt, id go with the mac... but these are HUGE leaps past the mac, i cant simply blindly ignore it, simply because i WISH the Mac was more comparable.
8. i'll state this one last time, and others will agree, the screen on iMacs are not GREAT, in fact they are average at best. glossy or not they are still average at best. they are old, outdated, and worse than what even apple was using years ago! finding a better screen is cheap and easy. it needs replacing. again, this is a case of a person that likes the design, likes everything about the computer, so they assume everything about it is GREAT when compared to everything else. in reality, this is not the case.
9. how about tossing in an alaskan joke. Members tend to revert to that on this forum. i like macs, ive made that clear, just because im not a blind follower of a company does not mean that i should not be on a forum talking about products i like... i think if anything people like me add a lot more to this forum than people like you.