or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Young Japanese women rank iPod, iPhone, Macs top in design

Young Japanese women rank iPod, iPhone, Macs top in design - Page 2

post #41 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Wrong again. The site is Called "What Japan Thinks," the survey is particular to young women.

PS - I thought you were banned for the meltdown you had the day before yesterday where you made all those personal attacks? No?

Obviously you're the one who's wrong again.
Again you don't read- I was responding to someone who asked why I cared what young Japanese men think. I'm curious to know what all of Japan thinks of Apple- I don't discriminate.
And if I was too passionate about the loss of the numberpad from the included iMac keyboard and you couldn't handle it- too bad. Your problem- not mine. Many aren't happy with that decision.
post #42 of 63
Quote:
Don't understand what the reason is to get so upset about all this.

I was called narrowminded by paxman because I'm against the oppression of woman in Japanese society and thinking women should be treated equally as in our culture.

Quote:
Did AI dump you for a new boyfriend?

Now that's intelligent.
post #43 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post

What the hell are you talking about?

sorry - meant oppression. But let's just drop it. I'm sorry to anyone who's taken aback with this comment.
post #44 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Why are they doing that? Emoji are great. Fortunately, I live in Japan so I will continue to be able to use them.

What if you turn on the Japanese keyboard in prefs?

I don't know. Some people think it may be a rights issue, that Apple didn't license it for phones sold outside of Japan. As far as I've heard, emoji is not available under the Japanese keyboard preferences unless it's either sold in Japan or has been enabled using one of these enabling apps.

As far as we know, they aren't taking it away from people that have it enabled, but the enabling apps are going away.
post #45 of 63
>>>"Amongst stuff you have never owned, what do you feel has superior design?"

A ferrari Enzo --- doesn't mean that I can ever afford to buy one either.
post #46 of 63
Wired had (maybe still has, don't know) "Japanese Schoolgirl Watch", because they are the first adopters of new technology. Whatever they are using now, you will be using three years from now.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #47 of 63
What everyone is trying to tell you, is that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

sorry - meant oppression. But let's just drop it. I'm sorry to anyone who's taken aback with this comment.
post #48 of 63
Quote:

I was called narrowminded by paxman because I'm against the oppression of woman in Japanese society and thinking women should be treated equally as in our culture.

No. I called you narrow minded. And several other things.
post #49 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I don't know. Some people think it may be a rights issue, that Apple didn't license it for phones sold outside of Japan. As far as I've heard, emoji is not available under the Japanese keyboard preferences unless it's either sold in Japan or has been enabled using one of these enabling apps.

As far as we know, they aren't taking it away from people that have it enabled, but the enabling apps are going away.

It no longer works with the Spell Number App, the author says he will try and bring it back with an update.

There is a clear divide in the comments on the App, comments full of emoji then they suddenly stop and it's back to plain text.

The emoji option doesn't show under Japanese keyboards.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #50 of 63
Quote:

Obviously ... I care ... about ... young Japanese men ... I'm curious ... (and) ... passionate about ... keyboard(s) and you couldn't handle it- too bad. ....

In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
post #51 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkman91 View Post

...and for god sake the widgets cough cough... I mean "gadgets"....

Apple didn't cough cough invent widgets...
post #52 of 63
ah teckstud the environmental warrior, womyn's right's campaigner/anti-misogynist champion and marketing guru. keep up the good work, keep fighting the good fight - you make AI a better place!
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
post #53 of 63

Macintosh Desk Accessories, 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouster View Post

Apple didn't cough cough invent widgets...
post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Macintosh Desk Accessories, 1984

\ I miss my old Mac Plus
post #55 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Al View Post

Apple products don't even have tentacles!

LO-Freakin'-L - a hentai reference on AI - I've seen it all
post #56 of 63
Quote:

Great to see that Apple is more concerned about the greeening of the environment than the continuing oppression of women in other societies.

Dude... whaaaaat?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #57 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

nice response to the hit job from Wired.

..oh yeah, and ACTUALLY based on facts as well, its almost like journalism isn't it

good work Dan

... apple cool control in effect. don't believe the hype.
post #58 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

It's technically an easter egg. I don't know if the app is worth the icon space or even the initial download, with or without this enabling feature.

It's not going to stay that way either, Apple is asking all developers to remove all emoji enabling features in their apps.

You get to keep the emoji after deleting the app icon
Cubist
Cubist
post #59 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidermius View Post

... apple cool control in effect. don't believe the hype.

Stand in Tokyo Station for a few minutes or sit in a coffee shop in any large city in Japan and you will see tons of iPods and quite a few iPhones.

Visit one of the Apple Stores in Japan and you will see tons of customers, primarily female, surrounding the iPod display tables.

The data above just confirms what I have sen with my own eyes (or the other way around?).

Also, pull out an iPod and it is recognized instantly as an iPod, not one of the myriad of other players. Brand recognition is amazing.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #60 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

\ I miss my old Mac Plus

I used to miss the keyboard form my MacPlus, but now I type primarily with MacSpeech Dictate so I don't miss it that much anymore.

Tom Clancy also supposedly prefers to type on a Plus, and that guy can type a lot.

post #61 of 63
Quote:

I was responding to the poster's link to the Apple Japanese Woman's store.

Japanese women are "oppressed" because Apple has a women's iPod section? Am I getting that right? I'm a fair-minded person and generally quite progressive, but I have to say that that is just pure BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

PS - I thought you were banned for the meltdown you had the day before yesterday where you made all those personal attacks? No?

I must have missed that thread..
post #62 of 63
Quote:

That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen all day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnbob View Post

LO-Freakin'-L - a hentai reference on AI - I've seen it all

finally-- proof that the hentai reference was spotted!
post #63 of 63
Japanese geeks (of course mostly men) do like Apple products just because they are pretty cool, but I'm not sure about women.
The big wall hiding iPhone is the SoftBank's plan of purchasing iPhone that require us to commit to iPhone for at least two years...
It's anyway not a good deal for people in general, especially for those who are already in comfort using their domestic ones (mostly those who are not such geeks)...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Young Japanese women rank iPod, iPhone, Macs top in design