or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple expected to release new Final Cut Studio near NAB Show
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple expected to release new Final Cut Studio near NAB Show - Page 2

post #41 of 51
1st, it's nice to hear from fellow audio bid pros but I don't know why you say leave it to the non pros to test. I just left NBC and one floor, I serviced 6 workstations Xsan and avid storage. It takes no time at all to mirror a drive, load a new OS and install FCP 3 or what have you.

Gone are ttys days of worrying about beta testing. Most will throw it on a mirror image and give it a shot. None of us really live in a single workstation dependent enviorment anymore.

Peace


Quote:
Originally Posted by alex4d View Post

That is what makes this interesting. There is no video trade show in June in London. In fact, as I live in London, Mr. Horton, LAFCPUG head honcho, asked if I knew any good venues where the meet could happen.

As he didn't mention a specific date, it might mean that Final Cut Studio 3 won't be announced at the event, it'll just be the first European showing of the product, but you never know.

I think The Brewery near the Barbican is a good venue...



Unlike some, I don't think Snow Leopard will be a requirement. I think it will unlock multicore and background processing and make other features run better. It makes sense then, for PR reasons to show at WWDC how it makes sense for developers to update their apps to take advantage of SL. That message might be confusing if FCS3 comes out before SL.

You can bet that pro users will wait for Final Cut 7.0.1 to upgrade, but stay with 10.5.X. They'll probably wait for 10.6.2 to upgrade to SL... Let the hobbyists test new versions of apps and OSes! They have less to lose.
post #42 of 51
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more speculation about the fact that some Apple exec was quoted as saying Apple was glad to see Intel QuadCore (i7 ?) procs, because they needed them for a new product. A mid-tower with a couple of PCI slots for expandability would be a boon for a lot of studios, large and small, that choose to buy less Macs, because there's no reason to buy Mac Pros for everyone or choose to buy no Macs because of the cost of expandability. Mac minis and iMacs have no expandability, thus making them pretty useless for production purposes.
post #43 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodrulz View Post

I hope Apple does something about Aperture. It is by far the WORST PRODUCT APPLE HAS EVER DEVELOPED. I just wish they could combine iPhoto and Aperture. iPhoto has all these cool features and a sensible method of organizing your photos while Aperture has a lot of editing power. sigh

What cool features does iPhoto have? Faces? Give me a break. That sucks. Keywords? Oh wait, iPhoto still sucks at keywords. Aperture is so much better than iPhoto. What changes would I like to see in Aperture? The one thing that stands out to me is it locks up for minutes when I click on All Images. It should be a lot more responsive. Especially when I've got about 5,000 photos in Aperture and we have 30,000 in iPhoto.
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocknerd View Post

What cool features does iPhoto have? Faces? Give me a break. That sucks. Keywords? Oh wait, iPhoto still sucks at keywords. Aperture is so much better than iPhoto. What changes would I like to see in Aperture? The one thing that stands out to me is it locks up for minutes when I click on All Images. It should be a lot more responsive. Especially when I've got about 5,000 photos in Aperture and we have 30,000 in iPhoto.

You forgot to dis iPhoto's geolocation features. Seriously, you're probably way too harsh about Faces. It's probably a good feature for its intended market. Whatever weaknesses it has will probably be improved on bugfix releases or the next major version.

I end up having to print using iPhoto or Photoshop because Aperture's print system just didn't work for me, the prints came out just wrong, and it looked like getting it correct meant spending $400+ to get a print and screen calibration system.

I'll get around to giving Lightroom a serious try, because there are several useful (to me) features it has that Aperture simply doesn't offer.
post #45 of 51
I know quite a few professional photographers who use Aperture. They may have their gripes and wishes, none of them have this extreme of an opinion about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodrulz View Post

I hope Apple does something about Aperture. It is by far the WORST PRODUCT APPLE HAS EVER DEVELOPED.
post #46 of 51
oh man, FCS3 and Phenomenon - If Apple releases that in April it will be a big big big day.
I am soo looking forward to that.

Phill
[twitter: http://twitter.com/phillipgibb ]
[blog: http://synapticlight.com/ ]
Phillip Gibb

Blogger | Java Programmer | Filmmaker
a journey in Filmmaking and Social Media
[ Digital Business Card | SynapticLight | Twitter ]
Reply
Phillip Gibb

Blogger | Java Programmer | Filmmaker
a journey in Filmmaking and Social Media
[ Digital Business Card | SynapticLight | Twitter ]
Reply
post #47 of 51
http://www.toolfarm.com/2009/03/rumo...3-to-drop.html

Quote:
Word on the street is that Final Cut Studio 3 will be available next Wednesday, March 24. I've been following this for the past few weeks and the blog-o-sphere is abuzz. Will Phenomenon, the alleged Shake/Motion hybrid, be included?. How about that storyboarding app that we blogged about in February? How about the Final Cut Pro, Color, Soundtrack Pro, etc. being combined into a single app? How big would that be?!

It has been 2 years since FCS2 was out. I demoed the beta of Motion at NAB07 with beta plug-ins... oh, fun times! Seriously, it was a lot of fun.


Let's hope so
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by synapticlight View Post

oh man, FCS3 and Phenomenon - If Apple releases that in April it will be a big big big day.

April is a month...not a day.
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

April is a month...not a day.

He obviously means that the DAY they release it in April will be "a big big big day."
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodrulz View Post

I hope Apple does something about Aperture. It is by far the WORST PRODUCT APPLE HAS EVER DEVELOPED. I just wish they could combine iPhoto and Aperture. iPhoto has all these cool features and a sensible method of organizing your photos while Aperture has a lot of editing power. sigh

Agreed that I wish Aperture had many iPhoto features although the need for both products would remain simply to have the lower end for iLife. I have ended up having to use both in parallel most of the time to get the best of both Worlds.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #51 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocknerd View Post

What cool features does iPhoto have? Faces? Give me a break. That sucks. Keywords? Oh wait, iPhoto still sucks at keywords. Aperture is so much better than iPhoto. What changes would I like to see in Aperture? The one thing that stands out to me is it locks up for minutes when I click on All Images. It should be a lot more responsive. Especially when I've got about 5,000 photos in Aperture and we have 30,000 in iPhoto.

Now you ask I honestly can't quite put my finger on what it is I'd like to see. Each has features I really like so some sort of feature migration might be worth while. The navigation and event handling seems not quite right in Aperture. I hope Aperture will improve with the next upgrade and I would love better iLife integration. Even those of us using Pro Apps love iLife too.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple expected to release new Final Cut Studio near NAB Show