or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The first rule of Jlist is... you don't talk about Jlist

The first rule of Jlist is... you don't talk about Jlist

post #1 of 13
Politico.com

Quote:
For the past two years, several hundred left-leaning bloggers, political reporters, magazine writers, policy wonks and academics have talked stories and compared notes in an off-the-record online meeting space called JournoList.

Proof of a vast liberal media conspiracy?

I don't care about their little lame means of trying to explain and spin it away. It is no different than the nice "conference call" where Rahm and George chat about what they had for dinner last night while conveniently not forming any talking points.

There is a narrative being crafted by the Democrats and their media accomplices that is being pushed onto the populace. This is proof positive of it. I just wish someone would crack it open and expose what is inside to daylight. I'm sure it would end several careers and provide dozens of eye opening moments.

Here's to hoping the hackers do their job!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 13
I like the Politico article that points out the "mistake" made by FOX News....

Quote:
Fox aired a clip of Joe Biden commenting on the fundamentals of the economy, supposedly from this past weekend.

Actually, the Biden quote was from a stump speech last year criticizing McCain for talking up the strength of the fundamentals.

I've now heard that Fox will address this at 1:10 p.m. during "Live Desk." Will update later.

UPDATE: According to a Fox spokesperson, he's part of the response: "We inadvertently used a piece of video of Vice President Biden saying the "fundamentals of the economy are strong". This video was from the campaign trail, when the Vice President was a candidate, and was actually quoting Senator John McCain."

"OOPSIE (tee hee hee) - we... ummm.... made a... ummm....mistake"
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #3 of 13
Haha

Desperate
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #4 of 13
And I am referring to the attempt to make a blog-list into a 'vast lefty conspiracy'
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #5 of 13
You're telling me people interact with their peers? I'm SHOCKED I tell you. SHOCKED.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #6 of 13
I love how Trumptman predicates this thread on the assumption that Republicans don't have similar mechanisms in place.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflam View Post

And I am referring to the attempt to make a blog-list into a 'vast lefty conspiracy'

God! There's a lefty under every bush!

They're probably all Boomers also!

Well you know if it hadn't been for 8 long years of Bush they might be a little less vast.

You know with trumptman here to ferret out all these pitfalls in society I already feel so much safer!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

God! There's a lefty under every bush!

They're probably all Boomers also!

Well you know if it hadn't been for 8 long years of Bush they might be a little less vast.

You know with trumptman here to ferret out all these pitfalls in society I already feel so much safer!

Well, you know, the fairness doctrine needed to be abolished.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Well, you know, the fairness doctrine needed to be abolished.

Really! After all there's only one right way to think!
post #10 of 13
Well, Republicans do have a nasty habit of projecting their crimes onto Democrats and then getting themselves all puffed about it.

If they accuse you of something then you goddamned well know they're doubly guilty of the same crime.

"As every smart crook knows (as well as anyone who watches enough movies), if you want to commit a crime, the first thing you want to do is create a distraction. An explosion here, a car wreck there, a person going into convulsions over there (Drugstore Cowboy) ... as soon as people's attention is diverted, you have a nice window of opportunity to commit your crime, unnoticed."

I couldn't agree more.
post #11 of 13
Wow, conspiracies everywhere!

Somehow I doubt a few hundred journalists would all remain silent if there were anything conspiratorial going on. Imagine the scoop they'd have. There's no way %100.000000 of them would keep the secret.

I'm more inclined to believe that %100.00000 of the people politico contacted simply didn't want to be harassed into attempting to disprove a conspiracy theory. What could they possibly say that would have changed the politico author's mind? Answer: Nothing, it is impossible to prove that a secret doesn't exist. Hence no point in engaging in conspiratorial rebuttal.

Watch out, the stealth helicopters are coming to get you.
(I hear they're piloted by liberals)
post #12 of 13
lol....
Thanks for pointing me back over to politico though.

I just had great fun reading a 3-page article about how Obama isn't funny enough. Now that's funny!
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

lol....
Thanks for pointing me back over to politico though.

I just had great fun reading a 3-page article about how Obama isn't funny enough. Now that's funny!

Another lesson learned from Republicans and the media today:

If Obama tries to fix the economy with stimulus packages then they'll argue he shouldn't do anything and let the market fix itself.

if Obama does nothing and allows the market to fix itself then they'll argue that Obama isn't doing anything to fix to economy.

If Obama tries to quell populist rage over bonuses then he's not paying attention to his job fixing the economy.

If Obama only focuses on the economy then he's not doing enough to quell populist rage over bonuses.

This is great fucking racket Republicans got going on.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The first rule of Jlist is... you don't talk about Jlist