or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Dell unveils heavier, more expensive MacBook Air rival

Dell unveils heavier, more expensive MacBook Air rival - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster View Post

Remember Windows computers outsell Apple computers by 20-1, of course the Adamo will outsell the MBA.

And remember that Dell does NOT outsell Apple 20-1.
And remember that Dell has around 20 different laptop models/sizes compared to just three for Apple.

Quote:
...., simply because Dell will sell more of them.
Is that too difficult to understand?

Not difficult at all, just not necessarily likely.
post #82 of 83
I wonder if Ballmer's gonna complain about these and how noone wants to pay an extra $500 for the Dell logo.
everything is good and it's gonna be that way forever
everything is good and it's gonna be that way forever
post #83 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster View Post

The MBA I bet does not contribute anymore that 5% of the 65% anyway, it will not take much for Dell to sell more units this year than the MBA.

Remember Windows computers outsell Apple computers by 20-1, of course the Adamo will outsell the MBA.

Okay the market share figure is off, I agree, but I do not agree with the above.

The Adamo is slower, arguably less elegant and has a less prestigious brand labelled on its case, why would anyone buy the Adamo instead of the Air?

It's a niche market as is, and if you're in the market for a superslim, superexpensive laptop, chances are you'll prefer OSX over Vista as well.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Dell unveils heavier, more expensive MacBook Air rival