or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Should i buy an Iphone now ????

Should i buy an Iphone now ????

post #1 of 31
Hey guys plz tell me what you think !!!!
i want to buy an IPhone 3G but i don't know if to wait to see if there will be a new IPhone
3G coming out in Jun/July so as you can see ill be pissed of if a new IPhone comes out so
what do guys think??????

Thanx
post #2 of 31
i.e. software (/firmware?) which is gonna roll out this summer. Whenever you buy an iPhone it will upgradeable...

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #3 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

i.e. software (/firmware?) which is gonna roll out this summer. Whenever you buy an iPhone it will upgradeable...

see i know its just OS Firmware but i don't know if apple is going to put out a new IPhone
cuz im hearing thing like there going to bring a 32GB Iphone or theres going to be 2 new Iphones coming out

so you see what im getting at i just dont want to buy the iphone and apple puts a better one out
post #4 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftybabymmm View Post

see i know its just OS Firmware but i don't know if apple is going to put out a new IPhone
cuz im hearing thing like there going to bring a 32GB Iphone or theres going to be 2 new Iphones coming out
so you see what im getting at i just dont want to buy the iphone and apple puts a better one out

New hardware would hardly be ready in Jun/Jul. People say it'll come in 2010...

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #5 of 31
Quote:

Really? Which people?
post #6 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Really? Which people?

AT&T's de la Vega. Apple's Forestall... No?

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #7 of 31
Quote:

didnt apple say the were going to release new hardware this summer????
post #8 of 31
Quote:

Not hardware, unless I missed something.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #9 of 31
Quote:

AT&T's de la Vega. Apple's Forestall... No?

No I don't think so. No one from Apple has announced any hardware timetable( they rarely do!) and I cant see anything from AT&T.
post #10 of 31
Quote:

Sorry shifty, but why is this thread so wierd?

Your OP asked about new iPhone hardware and now you say Apple have made hardware announcements. Do you actually have a legitimate question?
post #11 of 31
Quote:

No I don't think so. No one from Apple has announced any hardware timetable( they rarely do!) and I cant see anything from AT&T.

They haven't. They (Apple) said everything they could to make us believe 3.0 is worth the big nice mid-year release.
AT&T plans to deploy 3.5G only in 2010. I wouldn't say it's usual for Apple to release anything with no supporting infrastructure right on the day 1...

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #12 of 31
no...

Wait for iPhone 3 this summer. It will absolutely have a better camera, and may even have (my biggest wish/request since iPhone 1 shipped) an OLED screen. I made a short post in 2008 reviewing the first iPhone, and I made a point of saying its display/screen was its weakest link, seeing as its UI is completely dependent on it, it needs to be OLED.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #13 of 31
Quote:

AT&T plans to deploy 3.5G only in 2010.

A lot of informed commentators believe that that iPhone WILL get a hardware upgrade this summer, and I agree. There are still many improvements that could be made prior to any changes to the network. Screen, battery, speaker, camera(s), reception etc etc.

The bigger clue, I believe, is that there will be a lot of iPhone 1G users coming to the end of their contracts this year. They might be looking for something new to play with!
post #14 of 31
Quote:

A lot of informed commentators believe that that iPhone WILL get a hardware upgrade this summer, and I agree. There are still many improvements that could be made prior to any changes to the network. Screen, battery, speaker, camera(s), reception etc etc.

The bigger clue, I believe, is that there will be a lot of iPhone 1G users coming to the end of their contracts this year. They might be looking for something new to play with!

August is summer month, too. I just doubt anything on hardware side will come out in June. We'll see.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #15 of 31
Quote:

August is summer month, too. I just doubt anything on hardware side will come out in June. We'll see.

Yes August 2009. Not 2010.

Weird thread. Going nowhere. Bye.
post #16 of 31
Quote:

Boy Genius says June. June, duh!
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Boy Genius says June. June, duh!

So does Forestall. Are they talking about the same iPhone?

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #18 of 31
Quote:

AT&T plans to deploy 3.5G only in 2010.

We already are using 3.5G which is HSDPA, and have been for quite some time, 3G is an older standard which taps out at around 384k.
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #19 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

We already are using 3.5G which is HSDPA

But HSPA+ is yet to come. In 2010.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #20 of 31
so guys my
my original question was
should i buy an Iphone now??? like right now this week!!!
i just don't know what to make of what people are saying and what to believe

like this came out yesterday

""Confidently declaring that the information he has obtained is "100% confirmed," Boy Genius says he has heard a formal unveiling for the third iPhone is due in mid-June and that AT&T is now familiar enough with the process that a mid-year iPhone update is "becoming a tradition" at the carrier.""

so should i wait or just go and buy one what do you guys think

and Thanx
post #21 of 31
Read this first, then decide:

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...dware-upgrade/
  • It will be announced in June. A leak in early February said it would come in June. The Boy Genius says mid-June. We say June 8, unveiled perhaps by Steve Jobs himself.
  • It will ship in July. As senior VP Phil Schiller told the New York Times in January (link), Apple now marches to its own seasonal product cycles, which for the past two years have included long lines forming outside Apple Stores in early July or very late June to buy the latest iPhones.
  • It will offer faster Internet access. The Boy Genius hints at a doubling of download speeds (to 7.2 Mps) using a new chipset from Infineon (IFX). This follows last Fridays Silicon Alley Insider report of faster Internet access and Electronistas report that Infineons new chipset, due in mid-2009, would support the faster speeds while also improving battery life. See AppleInsiders Prince McLean, who lays out the evolution of AT&Ts 3G and 4G networks in chart form.
  • It will have a new architecture. Some inspired firmware sleuthing by MacRumors last January revealed a product number iPhone2,1 never seen before. As AppleInsider pointed out at the time, the first and second iPhone identify themselves as iPhones 1,1 and 1,2. (link) The shift to 2,1, by Apples product numbering conventions, suggests a major product upgrade.
  • It will have a faster chipset. MacRumors reports that Apple has been buying up supplies of the new Marvell (MRVL) PXA168 ARM chip introduced in January and may have settled on it as the heart of a future device. According to the manufacturer, the chip delivers the processing capabilities of an entry-level laptop to instant-on, digital consumer devices by enabling full-featured web surfing, Internet widgets, multi-format video, Adobe (ADBE) Flash Lite-based content playback, image processing, video conferencing and advanced graphical user interfaces (GUIs) at consumer price points with ultra-low power for longer battery life.
  • It will be integrated with AT&Ts TV services. According to The Boy Genius, it will support the U-verse protocol, which Wikipedia describes as AT&Ts attempt to leapfrog current cable television-and-internet services by offering features like a DVR that can record up to four shows at a time and is programmable from any web-connected computer. (link) In a long essay posted Tuesday in Roughly Drafted Magazine, Daniel Eran Dilger suggests that this could signal a major effort by Apple to make reinvent Apple TV as a high definition TV controller and digital video recorder running on AT&Ts expanding TV services.
  • It will support more sophisticated games. The buzz at this weeks Game Developers Conference in San Francisco is the challenge the iPhone with its 6,000 games and frictionless App Store is posing for dedicated game machines made by Microsoft (MSFT), Sony (SNE) and Nintendo. Apples hand could be considerably strengthened if the rumored improvements in its graphics capabilities for example, by incorporating the Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX543 chip introduced at Januarys Consumer Electronics Show (see here) find their way into the new iPhone. See also the iPhone graphics round-up published last week in InfoMobile.
post #22 of 31
I want to get an iPhone too but seeing as how a major upgrade is within the horizon I may wait.
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

I want to get an iPhone too but seeing as how a major upgrade is within the horizon I may wait.

ya im going to wait 2 as much as i want one now i can hold back for a better iphone
post #24 of 31
Quote:

So does Forestall. Are they talking about the same iPhone?

He said summer, not June.

Summer potentially = June, July or even August.
post #25 of 31
Quote:

so guys my
my original question was
should i buy an Iphone now??? like right now this week!!!

What part of no don't you understand?
post #26 of 31
Quote:

What part of no don't you understand?

got it man just needed more people to say why not to buy one now
and i know why

im going to wait

Thanx
post #27 of 31
Quote:

Hey guys plz tell me what you think !!!!
i want to buy an IPhone 3G but i don't know if to wait to see if there will be a new IPhone
3G coming out in Jun/July so as you can see ill be pissed of if a new IPhone comes out so
what do guys think??????

Thanx

What are you.......INSANE??? Wait till the summer you fool!
post #28 of 31
Quote:

Not hardware, unless I missed something.

Yes....YESSSSS you've missed something! *smacks forehead in utter astonishment*

It is WIDELY accepted now that Apple will indeed release new iphone hardware in June to coincide with the iphone 3.0 software final release.

Geez! Some people just want to throw their money away around here.
post #29 of 31
Quote:

He said summer, not June.

He said OS 3.0 would roll out in Jun. I second, in all probability it will.

Quote:

Summer potentially = June, July or even August.

This is exactly what I keep saying since some days now. There is a probability (and not that unimportant at all) hardware update will not be here in Jun. It may be announced in Aug.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Yes....YESSSSS you've missed something! *smacks forehead in utter astonishment*

It happens to everyone. Why should my ignorance be accented so strongly?

Quote:

It is WIDELY accepted now that Apple will indeed release new iphone hardware in June to coincide with the iphone 3.0 software final release.

True. It's accepted. Without any solid arguments. It was never clearly sounded by any reputed speculators, not to say by responsible ones.
You surely know, such a big shot should (and will) be promoted first.

I repeat it for you now. There is quite strong probability WWDC would shift to Aug. Don't you see why? I'll tell you, I promise. Not right now.

Quote:

Geez! Some people just want to throw their money away around here.

I'm not gonna buy new phones this summer/autumn/fall. Any possible new h/w features don't attract me that much.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #31 of 31
Quote:

got it man just needed more people to say why not to buy one now
and i know why

im going to wait

Thanx

oh... you're positively coquettish beyond imagination...

NO, you should NOT do it right now.

August or June, it makes no difference.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Should i buy an Iphone now ????