or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Simple questions; Complex answers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Simple questions; Complex answers - Page 2

post #41 of 96
I am a newcomer to this forum. Never been here before. But trumptman is right. Attacking the person rather than discussing the issues doesn't accomplish much.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #42 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I am a newcomer to this forum. Never been here before. But trumptman is right. Attacking the person rather than discussing the issues doesn't accomplish much.

You should have told him that when he compared me to a homeless person as an insult on this forum last summer.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #43 of 96
Believe whatever you want about me.

Back to the issues.

How is the Obama Administration not responsible for increasing our national debt by trillions of dollars since he took office?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #44 of 96
The claim will be that he isn't responsible for it because it will be "inherited" even though it was Obama that reopened, stuffed it into, or signed legislation that made all this happen in FY2009.

The lag between actions and their implimentation is actually pretty large. Most things Obama passes in his budget actually won't happen until next year. However the Democrats passed continuing resolutions on that large last bill and also put the stimulus into effect this year. The claim will be that Obama "inherited" all this debt but it will have been placed there by him and the Democrats by inserting it into FY2009 which should have been done while Bush was in office. Instead they added it after Obama took office and thus he is rightly responsible.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #45 of 96
Nick, I think that you should post without any punctuation at all. It should serve your breathless scorn of everything that isn't Republican very elegantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The claim will be that he isn't responsible for it because it will be inherited even though it was Obama that reopened stuffed it into or signed legislation that made all this happen in FY2009 the lag between actions and their implimentation is actually pretty large most things Obama passes in his budget actually BARACK OBAMA IS A CUNT won't happen until next year however the Democrats passed continuing resolutions on that large last bill and also put the stimulus into effect this year the claim will IT'S NOT OUR FAULT WE WILL NEVER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING be that Obama inheritated all this debt but it will have been placed there by him and the Democrats by inserting it into FY2009 which should have been done while Bush was in office instead they added it after Obama took office and thus he is rightly responsible.

See?

Much better.
post #46 of 96
Perhaps it reads better on the iPhone that way but on my LG Dare it reads just fine with punctuation.

Got anything to add yet?



Maybe the lack of punctuation might save us some money considering how long those red bars are getting under Obama.

Maybe punctuation will help us understand why the CBO calls Obama a huge liar and notes that the deficit will be no where near the "half" mark of "only" half a trillion a year he claims will be "fiscally responsible."

I can see the trend though and it might be a good one to adapt.

"Under Obama, we're too broke to afford punctuation."

I kind of like it.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #47 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Nick, I think that you should post without any punctuation at all. It should serve your breathless scorn of everything that isn't Republican very elegantly.



See?

Much better.



Yup!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #48 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post



Yup!



Here's something you might find funny and of course it has no punctuation as well.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #49 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post



Here's something you might find funny and of course it has no punctuation as well.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...blaming-obama/

Quote:
Schneider: Will Americans start blaming Obama?

From the article :
Quote:
Republicans see no reason for hope.

I can understand.

We've seen you wishful thinking before when looking at small changes in polls!

This is Bush's legacy trumpy. People aren't going to forget that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #50 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...blaming-obama/



From the article :


I can understand.

We've seen you wishful thinking before when looking at small changes in polls!

This is Bush's legacy trumpy. People aren't going to forget that.

I like the reasoning. Going from roughly 17% strongly disapproving to 33-32% strongly disapproving is a "small" change.

Keep the blinders on Jimmac. Those CBO projections show some "small" changes as well.

Small is big and big is small.

Doubletalk will rule us all.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #51 of 96
Any bets on how many more promises Obama will have to break in order for jimmac to snap out of it?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #52 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Any bets on how many more promises Obama will have to break in order for jimmac to snap out of it?

How many more months have to go by before you guys wake up a realize you lost the election.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #53 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You know you're not fooling anyone here.

You do know that right?

Good thing, since that was never my intent. Why don't you start talking about the issues now? Or can you?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #54 of 96
[QUOTE=trumptman;1398306]
Quote:
I like the reasoning. Going from roughly 17% strongly disapproving to 33-32% strongly disapproving is a "small" change.

Keep the blinders on Jimmac. Those CBO projections show some "small" changes as well.

Small is big and big is small.

Doubletalk will rule us all.

Quote:
Doubletalk

Another republican ploy.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #55 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Good thing, since that was never my intent. Why don't you start talking about the issues now? Or can you?

Listen buddy I've talked these issues to death. There's no point anymore. Bush proved himself to be a loser and we're living the end result. Dancing on the line as you pretend to be is old hat also. It doesn't matter with your types as you ignore the facts presented to you from the opposition and just regurgitate rhetoric.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #56 of 96
Why do you keep replying if you've already gone over all of this and thus there is no need to go over it all again?

The future is settled. It is the past.

More doubletalk from the king of it, Jimmac.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #57 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Listen buddy I've talked these issues to death. There's no point anymore. Bush proved himself to be a loser and we're living the end result. Dancing on the line as you pretend to be is old hat also. It doesn't matter with your types as you ignore the facts presented to you from the opposition and just regurgitate rhetoric.

I wasn't aware you were being forced to participate in this conversation.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #58 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I wasn't aware you were being forced to participate in this conversation.

Now who's not discussing the facts?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #59 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Now who's not discussing the facts?

Apparently you. I asked you a question and you responded with a question.

I'll ask my question more directly:

How many more promises does Obama have to break before his supporters snap out of it?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #60 of 96
There you go. Now Jazz is starting to get it. "You're a secret Republican, lost the election and the past is the future" aren't really logical arguments or even arguments at all. They are ad-homs, circumstancial ad-homs and nonsense.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #61 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

There you go. Now Jazz is starting to get it. "You're a secret Republican, lost the election and the past is the future" aren't really logical arguments or even arguments at all. They are ad-homs, circumstancial ad-homs and nonsense.

Well sometimes people aren't as apart from a particular viewpoint as they like to think or present themselves as.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #62 of 96
And this is a rationalization about why we should buy the circumstancial ad-hom.

No one is right or wrong because of which political party they do or do not belong to so claiming they are being misleading about that is pointless. It is like saying I'm being misleading about being a woman instead of a man because being a woman makes you right and being a man makes you wrong.

If it doesn't make you right or wrong, lying about it still doesn't make you right or wrong.

Me: Being that doesn't make you right or wrong.
You: Yeah but he is still misleading about the thing that doesn't make you right or wrong.

Give it up and get a point.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #63 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

And this is a rationalization about why we should buy the circumstancial ad-hom.

No one is right or wrong because of which political party they do or do not belong to so claiming they are being misleading about that is pointless. It is like saying I'm being misleading about being a woman instead of a man because being a woman makes you right and being a man makes you wrong.

If it doesn't make you right or wrong, lying about it still doesn't make you right or wrong.

Me: Being that doesn't make you right or wrong.
You: Yeah but he is still misleading about the thing that doesn't make you right or wrong.

Give it up and get a point.


Sorry but much others the difference between him and the republican point of view is small.

It didn't make much difference to him when I said I wasn't democrat but registered independent.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #64 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sorry but much others the difference between him and the republican point of view is small.

It didn't make much difference to him when I said I wasn't democrat but registered independent.

Hopefully, as we continue our discussions, you will see how different from the Republicans I really am.

And no, I don't care about your party affiliation, really. It's not an accurate indicator of one's ideology.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #65 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Hopefully, as we continue our discussions, you will see how different from the Republicans I really am.

And no, I don't care about your party affiliation, really. It's not an accurate indicator of one's ideology.

It was just that you assumed I was a democrat. Something you didn't want me to do with you and the republicans.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #66 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Hopefully, as we continue our discussions, you will see how different from the Republicans I really am.

Dont hold your breath Jimmac!

I wonder what John McCain, and the lipsticked pig would have done better given the inherited disaster.?
post #67 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkapp View Post

Dont hold your breath Jimmac!

Well as much as I like the color blue........
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #68 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I am a newcomer to this forum. Never been here before. But trumptman is right. Attacking the person rather than discussing the issues doesn't accomplish much.

Its funny, but since you arrived, floorjack is conspicuous by his absence,

just like when floorjack arrived SDW went AWOL,

just like when Scott got banned, SDW turned up.

All claiming to be a new person....

...probably just trying to pull the wool....

..just a thought, I wouldn't read much into it. Im sure floorjack will log in, in a moment just to prove....
post #69 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It was just that you assumed I was a democrat. Something you didn't want me to do with you and the republicans.

Fair enough. Sorry I assumed you were a Democrat. Did you vote for Obama?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #70 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkapp View Post

Its funny, but since you arrived, floorjack is conspicuous by his absence,

just like when floorjack arrived SDW went AWOL,

just like when Scott got banned, SDW turned up.

All claiming to be a new person....

...probably just trying to pull the wool....

..just a thought, I wouldn't read much into it. Im sure floorjack will log in, in a moment just to prove....

I have an extra tin-foil hat if you need one.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #71 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I have an extra tin-foil hat if you need one.

I just got myself a new bucket-hat today, so Im not needing a new one just yet, i'll keep you informed though if a position becomes available.


Just out crusing on my bike with my new hat.
post #72 of 96
Don't worry. Nordkapp has reason go talk to the voices. He has like 8 accounts from being banned from here so many times.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #73 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Don't worry. Nordkapp has reason go talk to the voices. He has like 8 accounts from being banned from here so many times.

I dont think its quite that many,...yet.

Its is worth getting banned you know, when telling someone to go fuck themselves is the considered option.

As we know from the other thread, were both doing just great, and as you are such a decent chap, I cant possibly imagine that I would ever need to say that to you.

Of course, as I am a very much maligned and misunderstood, but ultimately decent chap, there has never been any ambiguity about who I was....unlike *cough*...
post #74 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

How many more promises does Obama have to break before his supporters snap out of it?

I don't consider campaign promises as sacred trusts, more as advertisement to highlight the differences between candidates. As such, any exaggeration is understandable.

As far as the actions of the current president, the underlying philosophy is different only in when the pain will set in... conservative leaning folks would rather take the hit up front, others would rather postpone the pain 'till later.

My position is that taking the hit up front would provide a better lesson to folks, taking the hit later would possibly provide a buffer for the pain. I am concerned that borrowing against future earnings could leave us unprotected if those future earnings fail to materialize, but that's something no one can predict with absolute certainty.

As for supporting the president, he wants to do the best for the country, his goal is to leave office with the country stronger than when he took office... what's not to support?

I'd prefer to have a fiscally conservative executive office, a socially liberal legislative branch, and a centrist judicial branch, but things change, the pendulum swings and time passes. Supporting folks that dedicate themselves to public service shouldn't be considered "political", but if you only support those folks that mirror your own philosophy then you're a selfish ass who deserves to be unhappy 50% of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

And here's the hard part.
Try answering any of these questions without sarcasm or being condescending.

Apparently many here are full of "fail" when it comes to the hard part.
post #75 of 96
Well one thing to keep in mind is that it's only been 4 months!

We certainly took much longer than that to get into this situation and no one that I've read/heard has said " This will be fixed in a few months ". Any expectation that it would is stupid.

Now maybe Obama's plans will work maybe they won't. However I know that for certain parties he failed before he got into office!

That's stupid also.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #76 of 96
I don't think anyone expected the Obama Administration to "make it all better" instantly. Anyone who did is obviously delusional.

I do think that one can observe the actions taken over the course of a few months and form an opinion as to whether those actions are taking us in the right direction.

I was vehemently against the first unconstitutional "bail out" enacted before Bush left office. I did not support that policy because I knew it set a dangerous precedent that the next president would use to expand government even more. I was screaming at the TV when Bush was making excuses for the blatant intrusion of government into the private sector. Frankly, I do not believe things would have been much different today had McCain been elected. That's why I didn't vote for him, either.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #77 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I don't think anyone expected the Obama Administration to "make it all better" instantly. Anyone who did is obviously delusional.

I do think that one can observe the actions taken over the course of a few months and form an opinion as to whether those actions are taking us in the right direction.

I was vehemently against the first unconstitutional "bail out" enacted before Bush left office. I did not support that policy because I knew it set a dangerous precedent that the next president would use to expand government even more. I was screaming at the TV when Bush was making excuses for the blatant intrusion of government into the private sector. Frankly, I do not believe things would have been much different today had McCain been elected. That's why I didn't vote for him, either.

Quote:
I do think that one can observe the actions taken over the course of a few months and form an opinion as to whether those actions are taking us in the right direction.

Considering the magnitude of this problem that could only happen if one had one's opinion already formed.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #78 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Considering the magnitude of this problem that could only happen if one had one's opinion already formed.

So it's your opinion that my opinion on the forming of one's opinion has been influenced by my opinion?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #79 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

So it's your opinion that my opinion on the forming of one's opinion has been influenced by my opinion?

No. I believe you had already made up your mind long ago.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #80 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No. I believe you had already made up your mind long ago.

About Obama? Well sure. Anyone who didn't make up their mind about him and all other presidential candidates long before the election did themselves and their country a disservice.

And you know what? So far, I've been pretty much spot on about Obama.

I predicted he would break his promise to bring our troops home. Check.

I predicted he would only expand the unconstitutional power the Federal Government obtained under George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, etc. Check.

I predicted he would spend, spend, spend our tax dollars like a drunken sailor. Check.

Granted, I didn't think he'd do these things all at once, but he certainly hasn't wasted time now, has he?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Simple questions; Complex answers