or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Simple questions; Complex answers

Simple questions; Complex answers - Page 3

post #81 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

About Obama? Well sure. Anyone who didn't make up their mind about him and all other presidential candidates long before the election did themselves and their country a disservice.

And you know what? So far, I've been pretty much spot on about Obama.

I predicted he would break his promise to bring our troops home. Check.

I predicted he would only expand the unconstitutional power the Federal Government obtained under George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, etc. Check.

I predicted he would spend, spend, spend our tax dollars like a drunken sailor. Check.

Granted, I didn't think he'd do these things all at once, but he certainly hasn't wasted time now, has he?

I'd be willing to bet there are other things I'm right about when it concerns you and you arguments.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #82 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'd be willing to bet there are other things I'm right about when it concerns you and you arguments.

I bet you're still trying to figure me out, and are wondering why your usual tactics haven't driven me away by now.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #83 of 96
Put him on ignore and let's get back to some discussion.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #84 of 96
Excellent idea, trumptman. Though I won't put him on ignore. I'll just ignore his petty personal attacks.

I suppose I should respond to the OP in more detail, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

Were people really expecting the Obama Administration to totally revamp the economy and fix all the country's problems within seconds of taking power?

No, I don't think people were expecting any such thing. I do think they were expecting Obama to uphold his promise to get us moving in the right direction economically, and there's a great number of people who believe he will only be prolonging the agony with the policies his administration has thus far enacted.

Obama campaigned as the anti-war candidate, as well. If he truly wanted to cut spending, he would bring our troops home and stop this unconstitutional war like he promised, instead of sending MORE. We are spending billions and billions of dollars (and precious human lives) on this war, which could be put to better use here at home.

Quote:
I saw some slogan that said "You can't blame Bush anymore." What's a response to that?

Simple: Bush is not the President, therefore he cannot be blamed for the failures of the current administration. Obama promised to clean up Bush's mess but many, including myself, feel he is only adding to it.

Quote:
Is the Obama Administration just full of hot air as some bumper stickers want you to think?

Yes, I believe they are. The passing of these abominable, pork-laden spending bills alone is proof of it. Didn't Obama pledge to stop frivilous pork barrel spending? Maybe I'm confusing him with McCain--they're so alike.

Quote:
Are there Republicans out there who hate the Democrats and/or Obama and their ideals so much that they would rather watch the country go deeper into oblivion than do something to fix all these problems? The same goes for Democrats because contrary to popular belief, there are rich Democrats too.

I despise both major parties equally (regardless of whether or not I more closely identify with one or the other) because the end-result of both of them being in power has been the same: big unconstitutional government getting bigger.

"At least he's doing something" is an excuse I've been hearing a lot. As if doing something--in and of itself--is going to solve the problem? I applaud Obama for "doing something". I oppose the specific "something" that Obama is doing, as I do not believe it will ultimately fix these economic problems. If the market recovers, it will be in spite of Obama's policies.

Quote:
Are there people who really believe that Obama caused this mess? The way some people talk on the street and on tv, you'd think the new administration messed this country up.

Yes, I think there are people who believe that had Obama gone in a different direction with his economic policy, we wouldn't be hurting as much as we are now. Of course that is pure speculation, and it's also probable that no policy, no matter how sound, could have halted the downward spiral.

Quote:
What is the root cause of people's dislike/disdain on BOTH sides. Democrats on Republicans and Republicans on Democrats and Independents on everything.

That's quite the question. I've often wondered about this, myself. I don't think the answer is a simple one. I do think that we all tend to arbitrarily and unfairly slap labels on people based on their party affiliation (or lack thereof) and that influences how we treat them. For many people, the terms "Republican" and "Conservative" are synonymous, as are "Democrat" and "Liberal". The truth of the matter is, members of each major party represent a whole spectrum of different political ideologies and belief systems. Unfortunately, the ones who scream the loudest in each party are what most people base their opinions on.

Quote:
And here's the hard part.
Try answering any of these questions without sarcasm or being condescending.

EPIC FAIL.

post #85 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Put him on ignore and let's get back to some discussion.

post #86 of 96
Can somebody let me in on this inside joke having to do with Prince?

post #87 of 96
Prince is just one of the things they like talking about or using to distract people. I guess they thought back when it would be offensive, but I'm actually a big Prince fan. So I ran with it.

As you've noted, the bag of tricks is pretty small. If you don't take offense or fit into the pole they try to stick you in, then the tricks are all pretty useless. Chalk this up as another joke/distraction.

Here is a bit more background. They couldn't stand to have me post here after they ran off all the other conservatives and so they tried to have me banned by spamming every thread. Like all thin-skinned leftist critics, they couldn't take their own heat, and begged the mods to come in and moderate thinking it would get me banned. Instead of course (much like you have attempted to get them to notice) they ended up banned because they mostly engage in personal attacks and post no information or ideas while discussing almost exclusively the intent of the person.

It is the very definition of an ad-hom so ironically enough, most of them were banned for small periods of time while at least one (Nordkopp aka MarkUK) was banned permanently several times.

Now they whine and moan about the board being empty while also attacking and questioning anyone new who comes it. It is a strange sort of psychosis but the biggest fear they have is that someone will begin chiming in and having intelligent discussions again.

The trolls are afraid to let someone cross the bridge. Just ignore them and walk across because the weather is fine.

post #88 of 96
Quote:

There you go. Now Jazz is starting to get it.

It's so adorable watching you take Jazz under your arm to become his sensei. I'm sure the tike looks up to you.

"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #89 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

It's so adorable watching you take Jazz under your arm to become his sensei. I'm sure the tike looks up to you.

Jealous, are we?

post #90 of 96
Quote:

Prince is just one of the things they like talking about or using to distract people. I guess they thought back when it would be offensive, but I'm actually a big Prince fan. So I ran with it.

As you've noted, the bag of tricks is pretty small. If you don't take offense or fit into the pole they try to stick you in, then the tricks are all pretty useless. Chalk this up as another joke/distraction.

Here is a bit more background. They couldn't stand to have me post here after they ran off all the other conservatives and so they tried to have me banned by spamming every thread. Like all thin-skinned leftist critics, they couldn't take their own heat, and begged the mods to come in and moderate thinking it would get me banned. Instead of course (much like you have attempted to get them to notice) they ended up banned because they mostly engage in personal attacks and post no information or ideas while discussing almost exclusively the intent of the person.

It is the very definition of an ad-hom so ironically enough, most of them were banned for small periods of time while at least one (Nordkopp aka MarkUK) was banned permanently several times.

Now they whine and moan about the board being empty while also attacking and questioning anyone new who comes it. It is a strange sort of psychosis but the biggest fear they have is that someone will begin chiming in and having intelligent discussions again.

The trolls are afraid to let someone cross the bridge. Just ignore them and walk across because the weather is fine.

Quote:
Now they whine and moan about the board being empty while also attacking and questioning anyone new who comes it.

Empty, except for your bullshit. Come on trumptman. Only you are distracted by teh pretty pictures, not us. You fill your replies with wind, big, BIG wind. Pictures are just the needle needed to pop them balloons.

It's actually good to see fresh log ins here. Though I don't think it will keep me sticking around, we'll see...

post #91 of 96
So now Artman has been banned.
post #92 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

So now Artman has been banned.

Has Hassan been banned too, what happened?

moderators:
the big picture
post #93 of 96
I would just like to say, I have found out of what got my two buddies banned, and I would just like to say to them...

good job boys, I agree 110%.

Im sure i'll be joining you soon
post #94 of 96
In
Before
BAN!

Funny how trumptman has his posts edited by the moderator, but others are just banned, isn't it?
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #95 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

In
Before
BAN!

Funny how trumptman has his posts edited by the moderator, but others are just banned, isn't it?

I think the whole thing has been a setup right from the 'spaz' incident. I'd bet money that shaunJ, trumpt and the right-leaning moderator were all in cohoots with eachother to engineer a situation, so that the consequences form a lever just to piss off the whole majority left community.

The MO definately appears to be that because they're so bitter they didn't get to see angry grandaddy elected, they just want to destroy the forum and piss off the rest of the PO member base.

I suggest, we just all go elsewhere and congregate without them. Let them have this forum, it doesn't matter, its just one place on the internet out of a billion.
post #96 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkapp View Post

I think the whole thing has been a setup right from the 'spaz' incident. I'd bet money that shaunJ, trumpt and the right-leaning moderator were all in cohoots with eachother to engineer a situation, so that the consequences form a lever just to piss off the whole majority left community.

The MO definately appears to be that because they're so bitter they didn't get to see angry grandaddy elected, they just want to destroy the forum and piss off the rest of the PO member base.

I suggest, we just all go elsewhere and congregate without them. Let them have this forum, it doesn't matter, its just one place on the internet out of a billion.

I agree
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Simple questions; Complex answers