or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod shuffle sales surge 50% as iPod touch maintains top slot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPod shuffle sales surge 50% as iPod touch maintains top slot - Page 3

post #81 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzip View Post

If the controls for the device are on the headphones, what happens if the headphones break, or get lost? You're looking at $80 to replace them.

The standard (shipping with the Shuffle) ones are the same $29 I have for my Touch and work perfectly in the new Shuffle. If she then *also* bought the $79 in-ear and snags them then yes, she's out $79. But anyone who is in constant danger of snagging their headphones on something would be ill advised to buy $79 headphones or a 4th Gen Shuffle and $79 remote headset.
post #82 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpellino View Post

If she then *also* bought the $79 in-ear and snags them then yes, she's out $79. But anyone who is in constant danger of snagging their headphones on something would be ill advised to buy $79 headphones or a 4th Gen Shuffle and $79 remote headset.


So to put it simply - they're not practical/durable for exercising / gym wear.
post #83 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It's ironic that Teckstudian logic states that if you buy an Apple product you don't like and/or don't need you are someone normal, but if you need and/or like a product that Apple makes you are a fanboy.

NO-My belief is that you and your ilk would never disagree with anything Apple manufactured, no matter how unpractical or poorly made it is. You simply lick the Kool-Aid Jello out of the Apple bowl daily- nonstop. Solipsism is obviously as very pathetic philosophy- it can't think for itself and frequently resorts to denial..
post #84 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

T-stud and friend: If failing to condemn a product based on second-hand reviews while sales are exceeding expectations makes me a Kool-Aid drinker, pass the Grape please.

Listen, I've bought, used, liked, loved, or been disappointed by Apple products since the first Mac. Most are great, some are okay, and a few have been wanting. I've never been shy about dissing an Apple product that didn't make me glad I bought it. But to trash something you have no personal experience with and expect others to line up and sign on to unfounded criticism is just lame.

WTF are you talking about? I tested the damn thing the day they were delivered to the Apple store. Get your head out of your a$$.
post #85 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Boy, does this fly in the face of the predictions of most of the so-called analysts out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

All the whiners complained about the new shuffle..saying it sucks...guess they were wrong about that too. Looks like people do want the new shuffle. I am quite happy with my 2nd Gen Shuffle and iPod 160 Classic. No need to upgrade.

Not really, just that people will buy anything if its new and fashionable; not necessarily if its functional.

And I seriously don't understand how the new Shuffle's arrangement makes working out at the gym any easier in terms of music player control. Maybe if you were walking on a treadmill. I don't know about you, but whenever I run, my earphone cords bounce and bob and move all over the place, and that would make the 4G Shuffle controls annoying. That's why the Shuffle has featured a clip- to make it easily accessible (or armbands if you have a larger iPod). Fact remains, the new control scheme is awful.
post #86 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Why purchase a product if you know it doesn't have the features you want? For example, if I wanted a machine that would encode video quickly, I wouldn't buy a netbook.

Right- I want a phone that texts pics and message and records video like every other phone since 2005 so I would never buy the iPhone as it has been for the last 2 years.
But I love my Touch.
post #87 of 118
In other news. Returns of shuffles have shot up 2,000% and is on track to be the most returned ipod ever by the time it is 3 months old.
post #88 of 118
You're all missing a huge issue here. The reason he mentioned the girl is screwed when the headphones break. Think about it, it's the reason I think this new revision is seriously flawed, and in fact the last generation of iPod Shuffle was perfect.

If the controls for the device are on the headphones, what happens if the headphones break, or get lost? You're looking at $80 to replace them.

More importantly, how exactly do I plug this iPod into my stereo? How can I use my own headphones? I own some noise-cancelling bose headphones, they're useless with this device.

The design, in my opinion, was an ill choice on Apple's part, which sounded good in the office 'Let's make it smaller', but in practice actually made it less intuitive. The same functionality could have been achieved if the controls had been placed on the device.

Design for the sake of design is useless. Which is why I'm so surprised Apple went the way it did with this iPod.

Jimzip [/QUOTE]

You're missing the point, the headphones are an integral part of the shuffle not an accessory. There are 3rd party headphones coming out.

As for losing headphones? LOL. That was the argument against the nano and the shuffle when they first came out, that they were too small and you would lose them.

There is a cable to connect the shuffle, the last generation had a cable too, nothing new there!

All these people who complain about the controls on the cord have obviously never used them. I use the controls on the cord with my iphone everyday and i would hate not to have them!
post #89 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post

I like the new Shuffle and think it was a nice step forward.

My wife and I simply cannot buy it, however, until there are compatible third party earbuds. The Apple ones simply won't stay in her ears. They fit somewhat better in mine, but they tend to fall out if I move and I can't stand the poor sound.

Are the Apple in-ear headphones compatible with the new Shuffle? Last time I looked the Apple Store didn't list the 3G Shuffle as a compatible iPod.

They are compatible, but at $79 they seem a bit expensive just to use with the Shuffle. I use mine with my 2G Shuffle, iPhone and MacBook. The controls and mic even work on the newer Macs. For the price they are priced fairly, but the bass could be higher.


Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

NO-My belief is that you and your ilk would never disagree with anything Apple manufactured, no matter how unpractical or poorly made it is. You simply lick the Kool-Aid Jello out of the Apple bowl daily- nonstop. Solipsism is obviously as very pathetic philosophy- it can't think for itself and frequently resorts to denial..

Why would I disagree with anything Apple's manufactures? If a product fits my needs I buy it, if it doesn't I don't. I don't disagree with a company simply because it's not catering directly to my specific needs. If they broke laws, acted in an unjust manner and took advantage of people then I will disagree with a company.

Me and my 'ilk" have posted on these board many things that we like AND dislike about products that many companies make, but that doesn't mean that we focus only the things we don't like and hate companies and CEOs because of it. I've posted several times that I think the Zune 2.0 is a solid device for a MS HW/SW combo and that I have a HP media server running Windows Home Server. I've posted pros and cons of each on these forums and others, but you seem to only want to look at one narrow view of everything instead of stepping back to see the larger picture. To each their own, but don't make stuff up.

PS: You seem to dancing very closely to a banning with your personal attacks today. You may want to put the kibosh on that just to be on the safe side.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #90 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I hear it's a favorite among Lilliputians.

doing well there I hear
post #91 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

So to put it simply - they're not practical/durable for exercising / gym wear.

Uh, no.

Simply put they have headphones like every other MP3 player.

It's not hard to keep them in your ears.

Again, third parties will be making compatible sets.

(BTW, are you the same "teckstud" from Neowin?)
post #92 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

NO-My belief is that you and your ilk would never disagree with anything Apple manufactured, no matter how unpractical or poorly made it is. You simply lick the Kool-Aid Jello out of the Apple bowl daily- nonstop. Solipsism is obviously as very pathetic philosophy- it can't think for itself and frequently resorts to denial..

I'm wondering how old you are and what you do for a living.
post #93 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

I'm wondering how old you are and what you do for a living.

"I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused."
Macbook Pro 2.2
Reply
"I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused."
Macbook Pro 2.2
Reply
post #94 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagghie View Post

No need to look down, navigate, or even LOCATE the device... and you can select from multiple playlists immediately...something I can't do my 2nd gen shuffle.
...

So she struggled to find a good sized set of buttons attached to herself bouncing up and down while she runs, but manages to find a small button (well smaller than my finger) on a wire bouncing up and down while she runs?
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
post #95 of 118
I like how the article said that sales shot up 50%, but didn't give any actual units sold, so it may be a 50 percent increase, from nothing, to something more than nothing, who knows, given the emptiness of the actual stats.

Besides, anything new is going to get a slight bump, and the rest of the iPod sales make some sense, given the state of the economy, and market saturation.
post #96 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post

I like how the article said that sales shot up 50%, but didn't give any actual units sold, so it may be a 50 percent increase, from nothing, to something more than nothing, who knows, given the emptiness of the actual stats.

150% of nothing is zero, dude.

And it's the third best-selling iPod at the moment. For a player aimed at a relatively niche audience, whose potential won't be fulfilled until third-party headphones and adapters come out, that's not bad.
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
post #97 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Fact remains, the new control scheme is awful.

The stock earbuds are not "the control scheme." The controls could be very different on every single pair of third-party headphones or adapter offered for this thing.

Runners might love the stock earbuds and not needing to fumble around to find the right button, but okay, so you (understandably) hate the one-button control? Buy a set with dedicated forward and back buttons, then. (Remember that chip all the alarmists were saying was for hardware DRM and wasn't? THAT is the control scheme.)

You want behind the ear ones? They made them for the 2nd gen, and this is even smaller, so it won't look nearly as stupid.

You could build headphones into a motorcycle helmet and stick one of these in it, for God's sake — because it's tiny, and because it doesn't have any unnecessary controls on the actual player.

Granted, none of those accessories exist — yet — and that's how things always go. You need a successful product out on the market before a lot of the accessory makers are going to support it.

This product has heaps of potential. If, in one year, nothing like that exists — then I'll agree that the new Shuffle kind of sucks. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, all bitchers and moaners like teckstud just have no imagination.
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
post #98 of 118
So much for the gripers who couldn't believe anyone would buy it because of the remote being part of the headphones. It's an iPod, people will buy it just to be the first to have one. The Sansa Clip beat the new Shuffle hands down in features, but sales are not going to jump up 50% for the Sansa Clip. I'm sure the Sansa Clip is a better value than the iPod Shuffle, but I'd still buy the Shuffle because I'm a Mac user. I'm sure it doesn't make much sense to SanDisk since their product is somewhat better, but some people just buy on account of brand loyalty.
post #99 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

The Sansa Clip beat the new Shuffle hands down in features, but sales are not going to jump up 50% for the Sansa Clip. I'm sure the Sansa Clip is a better value than the iPod Shuffle, but I'd still buy the Shuffle because I'm a Mac user. I'm sure it doesn't make much sense to SanDisk since their product is somewhat better, but some people just buy on account of brand loyalty.

Value is perceived, but from my POV I'd say the Sansa is a considerably better value for anyone who doesn't use iTunes. For me, the size, lack of device features and the integration with iTunes are all features that make my 2G Shuffle a better option for me than other options at lower prices.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #100 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

How many times do I have to post the link of the bad reviews for the new Shuffle for you? I can't help it you are in denial or refuse to read what's been written. Show me a glowing review then. Come on- show me one , and one that's not biased.

Added: And I've stated and well as countless others have numerous times that the Shuffle was once synonmous with a simplified iPod and that this one is not.

Well there are a couple of glowing reviews in some of the 'non-bad' ones listed below:
I really can't quite understand why in every post you create, they are always so anti-Apple. Every one of them. Surely you can't begrudge Apple or anybody that decides to support one of the new shuffles. Afterall, you still have 28 other iPods, re form, functionality, color and size, to select from.
post #101 of 118
But... those are all biased!

Dude, your time is better spent arguing with God than with Teckstud. God will actually listen and even changes his mind once in a while.
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
post #102 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcalpin View Post

You could build headphones into a motorcycle helmet and stick one of these in it, for God's sake because it's tiny, and because it doesn't have any unnecessary controls on the actual player.

Granted, none of those accessories exist yet and that's how things always go. You need a successful product out on the market before a lot of the accessory makers are going to support it.

This product has heaps of potential. If, in one year, nothing like that exists then I'll agree that the new Shuffle kind of sucks. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, all bitchers and moaners like teckstud just have no imagination.

Or they can make a dock that will plug into a stereo (home or car) with a wireless remote control and will charge the Shuffle at the same time.

Or a "ghetto blaster" or car that has a built in dock that will accept the new Shuffle and uses the control built into the "ghetto blaster" or for the car radio to control the Shuffle.

Basically, the Shuffle just got a docking port. Just like it's bigger brothers. Only not as functional. Or maybe there's still some hidden features we don't know about yet.

There might even be adapters that will adapt the Shuffle port to that of the regular iPod. So that a Shuffle can be used on devices that normally uses iPods with the regular dock connector.
post #103 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzip View Post

If the controls for the device are on the headphones, what happens if the headphones break, or get lost? You're looking at $80 to replace them.

That is incorrect. Right on Apple's website, same headphones can be had for $29.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

So to put it simply - they're not practical/durable for exercising / gym wear.

And you have come to this conclusion because you have actually tried one during a workout? Did your parents put a treadmill in the basement for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

I'm wondering how old you are and what you do for a living.

I've spoken to Teckstud's parents. They apologized for his accidental escape from their basement. They promised to put a bigger padlock on the door and keep him sedated with spiked koolaid.
post #104 of 118
owns BB but presents generously iPods (being stuffed with some mysterious videos).

Isn't iPod seen just as kinda flash key amongst highflyers

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply
post #105 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

So to put it simply - they're not practical/durable for exercising / gym wear.

You demonstrate the fine art of the irrelevant conclusion. My point was that this is not a rampant problem, and in the event it does happen she's out $29 not $79. Anyone who is serially and reliably ruining headphones by snagging them on things likely suffers from some sort of clinical motor skill deficiency and can't find the door to leave the house in the morning.
post #106 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

So she struggled to find a good sized set of buttons attached to herself bouncing up and down while she runs, but manages to find a small button (well smaller than my finger) on a wire bouncing up and down while she runs?

That's right. The 3-button headphone is a step up.

I have an original iPod 5GB, a 1st gen Shuffle, 2nd gen Shuffle, 1st Gen Nano and 2nd gen Touch. The 1G Shuffle is still my favorite, the body was directional and the buttons raised, easiest shuffle/nano nav yet. The 1 gen Nano is my everyday, thanks to Nike+for running and stationary bike in the off season. But the button arrangement on the Nano is flatter=worse for no-look operation. 2 gen Shuffle was less directional and worse than the 1st gen Shuffle for no-look operation. The Touch is made much better by the 3-button headphone. I spent a day with the new Shuffle and the new headphones, and the learning curve is about three minutes, and simpler than the 2nd gen for no-look.

Once the 3rd party cables come out, this will be *better* for a car than the 2g Shuffle and maybe for others as well - no look operation preferred in a car and you'll have voice feedback through the stereo.

Disclaimer - this is an opinion, albeit based on extensive hands-on experience with all of these units.
post #107 of 118
Just one button would solve everything for me. Considering it's a shuffle and I will never own one I guess I'm wasting space here, but whatever. I know that if I have nothing selected to play (ipod touch) and I double click home (ipod controlls) and click play, it will then start playing "All songs." So my point is, being that it's a shuffle with little capacity in the first place. Why not put a play button (similar to ps3, no moving parts) for the sake of usability at all times (even if handicapped, the ipod that is).
[center] "Hey look, it's in the center. I am SO cool!"[/center]
Reply
[center] "Hey look, it's in the center. I am SO cool!"[/center]
Reply
post #108 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpellino View Post

Anyone who is serially and reliably ruining headphones by snagging them on things likely suffers from some sort of clinical motor skill deficiency and can't find the door to leave the house in the morning.

Seriously. I may not be the most active guy in the world, but despite having snagged my headphones on things repeatedly myself, I've had the exact same pair for almost five years. They're pretty durable.

And if you're really ruining headphones that much? BUY A SPARE SET.
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
post #109 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I've spoken to Teckstud's parents. They apologized for his accidental escape from their basement. They promised to put a bigger padlock on the door and keep him sedated with spiked koolaid.

So THAT'S why he always brings up drinking the Kool-Aid.

I was curious, because last I checked, only morons used that phrase.
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
Multiplex is an online comic strip about the staff of a movie theater.
Reply
post #110 of 118
When was the last time you saw an ad for any Apple product on TV. Apple catches a lot of attention for the ads it runs, but their ads run just during major sporting events or run for a few months then stop. Have you ever seen a print ad for any Apple product? If you have I would be amazed because I can't recall ever seeing one. Apple sells products that they design to be simple to use for the average person-- but for the most part Apple advantages are not explained to the average person. Im sure if you asked the average adult over 30 what features differentiate the various iPods-- Shuffle, Nano, Classic, Touch, IPhone that except for the IPhone having cell phone capabilities, they wouldn't be able to tell you. Apple simply throws away a huge number of sales because they refuse to market their products effectively, not giving folks over 30 compelling reasons for buying their products. Print ads offer a great way to explain their products and to build excitement-- yet Apple marketing seems to be blind to the opportunity-- and it's not like they don't have the money to afford it. The IPod Touch is an amazing product at a very reasonable price that connects you to the Internet wherever there is WIFI and has a huge amount of software available. Yet again few people over 30 have any reason to buy one because they don't even know what an IPod Touch can do except possibly play games. Apple knows how to advertise their products well on their web site, but unfortunately only a tiny percentage of the general public have any reason to go to their web site.
post #111 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post

I like how the article said that sales shot up 50%, but didn't give any actual units sold, so it may be a 50 percent increase, from nothing, to something more than nothing, who knows, given the emptiness of the actual stats.

Besides, anything new is going to get a slight bump, and the rest of the iPod sales make some sense, given the state of the economy, and market saturation.

Huh? A percentage increase from nothing cannot be quantified properly, I think. But yes, 50% from what?...a bit vague there.
post #112 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Not really, just that people will buy anything if its new and fashionable; not necessarily if its functional.

And I seriously don't understand how the new Shuffle's arrangement makes working out at the gym any easier in terms of music player control. Maybe if you were walking on a treadmill. I don't know about you, but whenever I run, my earphone cords bounce and bob and move all over the place, and that would make the 4G Shuffle controls annoying. That's why the Shuffle has featured a clip- to make it easily accessible (or armbands if you have a larger iPod). Fact remains, the new control scheme is awful.

It won't move once you catch the cord. And you can find the controls when you slide your hand along the cord.

Jimzip, you can't control volume or playlists etc when you connect to headphones without remote or to a stereo. But you can listen to music. Just select "continuous" or "shuffle" on the selector from the "off" position. Why don't you use a device with a display and controls to connect to a stereo?
-- Denis.
Reply
-- Denis.
Reply
post #113 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktodack View Post

When was the last time you saw an ad for any Apple product on TV. Apple catches a lot of attention for the ads it runs, but their ads run just during major sporting events or run for a few months then stop. Have you ever seen a print ad for any Apple product? If you have I would be amazed because I can't recall ever seeing one. Apple sells products that they design to be simple to use for the average person-- but for the most part Apple advantages are not explained to the average person. Im sure if you asked the average adult over 30 what features differentiate the various iPods-- Shuffle, Nano, Classic, Touch, IPhone that except for the IPhone having cell phone capabilities, they wouldn't be able to tell you. Apple simply throws away a huge number of sales because they refuse to market their products effectively, not giving folks over 30 compelling reasons for buying their products. Print ads offer a great way to explain their products and to build excitement-- yet Apple marketing seems to be blind to the opportunity-- and it's not like they don't have the money to afford it. The IPod Touch is an amazing product at a very reasonable price that connects you to the Internet wherever there is WIFI and has a huge amount of software available. Yet again few people over 30 have any reason to buy one because they don't even know what an IPod Touch can do except possibly play games. Apple knows how to advertise their products well on their web site, but unfortunately only a tiny percentage of the general public have any reason to go to their web site.

Apple print ads are sparse. Apple TV ads are all over the place. iPhone / iPT ads are now evenly split between games, music and apps. The Get A Mac ads have slowed down, but likely will pick up. Apple certainly knows which media work best. IIRC back when we were doing external research for them, they actually went 365 days with no mainstream advertising. No TV no radio, no newspapers, no popular press, and they didn't take any hit in sales. Subsequent marketing was highly targeted. It's not like selling soap. It's quirky. Zune has 99% print ads, near zero TV ads they desperately need to explain the differential re: iPod and they still can't get arrested. Anyone remember any TV ads for the original iPod? I don't believe there was even one. Apple's iPod advertising actually lagged its sales for most of its existence, really ramping up with the iTMS and then the iPhone and Touch. And with 90% market share, Windows seems to need a resurgence in advertising led by a raft of small children. Go figure.
post #114 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktodack View Post

When was the last time you saw an ad for any Apple product on TV. Apple catches a lot of attention for the ads it runs, but their ads run just during major sporting events or run for a few months then stop. Have you ever seen a print ad for any Apple product? If you have I would be amazed because I can't recall ever seeing one. Apple sells products that they design to be simple to use for the average person-- but for the most part Apple advantages are not explained to the average person. Im sure if you asked the average adult over 30 what features differentiate the various iPods-- Shuffle, Nano, Classic, Touch, IPhone that except for the IPhone having cell phone capabilities, they wouldn't be able to tell you. Apple simply throws away a huge number of sales because they refuse to market their products effectively, not giving folks over 30 compelling reasons for buying their products. Print ads offer a great way to explain their products and to build excitement-- yet Apple marketing seems to be blind to the opportunity-- and it's not like they don't have the money to afford it. The IPod Touch is an amazing product at a very reasonable price that connects you to the Internet wherever there is WIFI and has a huge amount of software available. Yet again few people over 30 have any reason to buy one because they don't even know what an IPod Touch can do except possibly play games. Apple knows how to advertise their products well on their web site, but unfortunately only a tiny percentage of the general public have any reason to go to their web site.

Poorly though out rubbish. No offence.
post #115 of 118
To all of you defending the new shuffle (which I cannot use with any short-cord headphones), it now looks like you CANNOT use it for working out. The controls appear to be sensitive to sweat. Good one, Apple.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....46469&tstart=0

And in case Apple pulls down the discussion (which they have a habit of doing to every discussion that reports problems):

http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/09/04...e.3g.problems/
post #116 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcalpin View Post

Seriously. I may not be the most active guy in the world, but despite having snagged my headphones on things repeatedly myself, I've had the exact same pair for almost five years. They're pretty durable.

And if you're really ruining headphones that much? BUY A SPARE SET.

in the past year or so i have gone through about 4 sets of headphones, not through snagging, but the wires die routinely when in the gym, plus the origonal apple set managed to pull the speaker directly out and left it in my ear.

All up, the headphones cost me less than one set of the apple headphones with a controller.

Sure, you can get a lovely new iPod and keep purchasing overpriced headphones consistently, but the only person that will help is Apples bank manager...
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
post #117 of 118
double post
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
post #118 of 118
Apple is still selling the old version.

Do we know for a fact that the sales were the NEW shuffle? Or are some of those sales people rushing to buy the old ones while they still have a chance?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod shuffle sales surge 50% as iPod touch maintains top slot