or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Who said it?

Who said it? - Page 2

post #41 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Here's a one that even the most petty will find amusing!

"I don't give a doddamn. I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way. Stop throwing the Constitution in ,my face. It's just a goddamned piece of paper."
~George W. Bush, 2005.

What a guy! It's just not going to be the same without all of the almost daily Bush material.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #42 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

What a guy! It's just not going to be the same without all of the almost daily Bush material.

Don't be too sad, we've got Palin!
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #43 of 68
The public had been seriously misled about what occurred during the morning of the attacks ... at some level of the government, at some point in timethere was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened. - John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission, former New Jersey Attorney General).

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #44 of 68
Keynes rocks . .. too bad you don't understand what he is saying
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #45 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflam View Post

Keynes rocks . .. too bad you don't understand what he is saying

Enlighten me.
post #46 of 68
Quote:

Here's a one that even the most petty will find amusing!

"I don't give a doddamn. I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way. Stop throwing the Constitution in ,my face. It's just a goddamned piece of paper."
~George W. Bush, 2005.

This quote has never been properly sourced. You are welcome to believe anonymous claims from a political gossip column, but I'm simply noting the source.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #47 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

This quote has never been properly sourced. You are welcome to believe anonymous claims from a political gossip column, but I'm simply noting the source.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was true though.
post #48 of 68
Quote:

I agree. Apparently though three people attributed this to Bush. It would seem to me to be exactly what he would have said and exactly how he would have said it.
post #49 of 68
Quote:

I agree. Apparently though three people attributed this to Bush. It would seem to me to be exactly what he would have said and exactly how he would have said it.

I understand it fits the caricature. The three sources are all anonymous though and could be Moe, Larry and Curly.

If three anonymous sources claimed Obama told them he wasn't natural born and is really a foreign national, islamic jihadist, should I believe them because the people attempting to stop thought and creat a caricature think that information fits the profile of that caricature?

You can choose for yourself. Me, I choose to believe someone other than anonymous.

post #50 of 68
Quote:

I understand it fits the caricature. The three sources are all anonymous though and could be Moe, Larry and Curly.

If three anonymous sources claimed Obama told them he wasn't natural born and is really a foreign national, islamic jihadist, should I believe them because the people attempting to stop thought and creat a caricature think that information fits the profile of that caricature?

You can choose for yourself. Me, I choose to believe someone other than anonymous.

Have there been multiple examples to support this idea like there have been in Bush's statements? It's entirely in character.

Not really a good analogy.
post #51 of 68
Quote:

Have there been multiple examples to support this idea like there have been in Bush's statements. It's entirely in character.

Exactly. It's as clear as day that this is what Bush would have said.
post #52 of 68
Huh.

I thought this was the "Who said it?" thread not the "Here's an unverified quote that may or may not have been said but sure sounds a lot like it fits my imagination of the character and personality of the person it's being attributed to" thread.

post #53 of 68
Maybe they need to go start the "Who probably would say something like this?" thread.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Huh.

I thought this was the "Who said it?" thread not the "Here's an unverified quote that may or may not have been said but sure sounds a lot like it fits my imagination of the character and personality of the person it's being attributed to" thread.

For someone with only 25 posts you've got a lot of balls trying to tell people to shut-up!!

Oh... I guess Trumptman will be along to lend you his 10,000 plus posts!

I really don't care if he said it or not, because it 'fits' If you or anyone wants to make up a quote from Obama that he never said because you think it 'fits' go ahead.
post #55 of 68
Quote:

For someone with only 25 posts you've got a lot of balls trying to tell people to shut-up!!

A) I didn't anyone to do anything.
B) What does my post count have to do with anything?
post #56 of 68
Quote:

Look. The quote may well not be true, but three people have said, that were with the president at the time, that he said that. Of course Bush doesn't want to go down in history being quoted as having said that. For three people to corroborate a quote is quite a lot. What do you only want quotes that were live on national TV?
post #57 of 68
Quote:

Have there been multiple examples to support this idea like there have been in Bush's statements. It's entirely in character.

Multiple anonymous sources have helped craft the caricature so it must be true.

Quote:

Exactly. It's as clear as day that this is what Bush would have said.

Is the day anonymous or is the clarity anonymous?

Quote:

Huh.

Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Maybe they need to go start the "Who probably would say something like this?" thread.

Quote:

Oh... I guess Trumptman will be along to lend you his 10,000 plus posts!

I really don't care if he said it or not, because it 'fits' If you or anyone wants to make up a quote from Obama that he never said because you think it 'fits' go ahead.

Dude, where in his post do you read the words shut up or even insinuate the words shut up?!?!

Quote:

Shhhh... talking about post counts is good dust so we don't have to discuss why believing anonymous sources is valid.

Quote:

Look. The quote may well not be true, but three people have said, that were with the president at the time, that he said that. Of course Bush doesn't want to go down in history being quoted as having said that. For three people to corroborate a quote is quite a lot. What do you only want quotes that were live on national TV?

Which three people? Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny? Three of anything is not a lot when they are anonymous. There is a reason why some things are gossip and other things are news.

A hearsay quote from three anonymous sources is gossip.

post #58 of 68
Quote:

Bingo!

Dude, where in his post do you read the words shut up or even insinuate the words shut up?!?!

Shhhh... talking about post counts is good dust so we don't have to discuss why believing anonymous sources is valid.

Which three people? Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny? Three of anything is not a lot when they are anonymous. There is a reason why some things are gossip and other things are news.

Well it's the oldest news site covering D.C politics on the web. Three people said Bush said that. Do you really think they just made it all up and risked their reputations?http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_7779.shtml

Capitol Hill Blue is a serious publication, folks.http://www.capitolhillblue.com/
post #59 of 68
Quote:

Well it's the oldest news site covering D.C politics on the web. Three people said Bush said that. Do you really think they just made it all up and risked their reputations?http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_7779.shtml

Capitol Hill Blue is a serious publication, folks.http://www.capitolhillblue.com/

It could be on video and Bush apologists would try to spin it positively.

I can do that, take the Obama bow, to me it looked like he bent over to put something down.
Leaned a bit to the left and then...
post #60 of 68
Whether or not Bush said it, he certainly acted with blatant disregard for the Constitution.

post #61 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

It could be on video and Bush apologists would try to spin it positively.

I can do that, take the Obama bow, to me it looked like he bent over to put something down.
Leaned a bit to the left and then...

LOL "leaned a bit to the left"!!!
Excellent!
post #62 of 68
That used to be my sig.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #63 of 68
Quote:

Bingo!

All I'm saying is that your analogy isn't perfect and it's not difficult to imagine him saying this when compared to things that have been documented.
post #64 of 68
Quote:

Yeah, the oldest website as sef-proclaimed doesn't mean much to me. The section this was published under is called "The Rant" and again, regardless of the fallacy of appeal to authority, three anonymous sources is not proof of anything. That is objectively true PERIOD.

Quote:

All I'm saying is that your analogy isn't perfect and it's not difficult to imagine him saying this when compared to things that have been documented.

I'm find it seriously disturbing that so many people in this thread prefer to discuss what they can imagine over reality.

post #65 of 68
Quote:

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

John Quincy Adams ^^^

Quote:

"If 'conservatives' were more cognizant of and diligent to protect the U.S. Constitution and principles of liberty contained in our Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence, they would be able to see through the fa├žade of modern Corporatism that masks its totalitarian agenda under the guise of 'free trade'."

Dr. Chuck Baldwin, 2008 Constitution Party Presidential Candidate ^^^

post #66 of 68
Quote:

Yeah, the oldest website as sef-proclaimed doesn't mean much to me. The section this was published under is called "The Rant" and again, regardless of the fallacy of appeal to authority, three anonymous sources is not proof of anything. That is objectively true PERIOD.

I'm find it seriously disturbing that so many people in this thread prefer to discuss what they can imagine over reality.

Quote:

Me to.
post #67 of 68
Quote:

That pretty much describes the entire Republican platform. As it currently stands anyway.
post #68 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

That pretty much describes the entire Republican platform. As it currently stands anyway.

I'm going to agree because it would probably talk about things like balanced budget. Then they would get into office and the networks would all run stories about ketchup being a vegetable and how many old people they are going to shove into ovens for processing. Then the Republicans would "cut" the spending to only adding seven trillion to the national debt over ten years instead of ten trillion like B.O.

Then the Democrats would argue that the Republicans are messing up the nation building and world policing they established by actually following the plans they passed but didn't follow. Meanwhile no one would bring the troops home.

Then they would argue that the government needs to bail out that nice union company so that the free trade and currency manipulation that is also helping kill it can stay in place.

It pretty much sucks all around.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Who said it?