or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Parties

Tea Parties - Page 6

post #201 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

AmericanThinker

Verry intervesting.....

Who in their WRONG headed mind would self identify themselves with the self identified party of NO?

You would have to prove, with a probability of say p > 95%, that the poll taken was not a random sample.

In other words, where's your objective statistical test?

Versus your perceived subjective opinion.

Individuals self reporting of political affiliation is not proof of anything other than what side of the political bed they got up from on any particular day.

Voting for a D or an R on election day does not make one forever an R or a D.

I would hazard a guess though.

Most people would self identify themselves with a WINNER than those that would self identify themselves with a LOSER.

The hardcore R's are ~20% to ~30% as has been shown in countless polls of Dubya's approval ratings over the past several YEARS.

The self identified D's in the aforementioned poll was 36% while in the general election (GE) the D's totaled ~53% for POTUS.

Hell, in my subjective opinion the D's were underrepresented by a full 17% (or 32.08% using the 53% from the GE), and based on my subjective opinion, Obama's approval rating should be substantially higher than this poll has reported.

PS - The spread between just the D's and R's for POTUS was actually 7.36% (according to the official FEC reportage), so you are off by 13.23% (using your 6.5% spread figure).
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #202 of 207
Fox News Poll: Obama's First 100 Days

Quote:
A majority of Americans approve of the job President Obama is doing, are satisfied with what he has accomplished so far and think he is keeping his promises, according to a FOX News poll of Obama's first 100 days.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #203 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Fox News Poll: Obama's First 100 Days

Seeing as I dumped Fox News a while ago, just for kicks, report back what the talking heads over there are saying about their poll.

You know, That guy whose name starts with a B, Hannity, O'Reilly the clowns on the morning show, Clinton's ex adviser what's his name etc.
post #204 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Seeing as I dumped Fox News a while ago, just for kicks, report back what the talking heads over there are saying about their poll.

You know, That guy whose name starts with a B, Hannity, O'Reilly the clowns on the morning show, Clinton's ex adviser what's his name etc.

You'll have to ask someone with cable. Not that I would watch Fox News if I had it.

post #205 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Who in their WRONG headed mind would self identify themselves with the self identified party of NO?

You would have to prove, with a probability of say p > 95%, that the poll taken was not a random sample.

In other words, where's your objective statistical test?

Versus your perceived subjective opinion.

Individuals self reporting of political affiliation is not proof of anything other than what side of the political bed they got up from on any particular day.

Voting for a D or an R on election day does not make one forever an R or a D.

I would hazard a guess though.

Most people would self identify themselves with a WINNER than those that would self identify themselves with a LOSER.

The hardcore R's are ~20% to ~30% as has been shown in countless polls of Dubya's approval ratings over the past several YEARS.

The self identified D's in the aforementioned poll was 36% while in the general election (GE) the D's totaled ~53% for POTUS.

Hell, in my subjective opinion the D's were underrepresented by a full 17% (or 32.08% using the 53% from the GE), and based on my subjective opinion, Obama's approval rating should be substantially higher than this poll has reported.

PS - The spread between just the D's and R's for POTUS was actually 7.36% (according to the official FEC reportage), so you are off by 13.23% (using your 6.5% spread figure).

The line between "winner" and "loser" is vanishingly thin these days. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the aspirations of any politician or confuse their own agendas with mine (that includes my candidate of choice for 2012, by the way). Every person works for their own self-interest, no matter how popular or munificent they may appear.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #206 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

You'll have to ask someone with cable. Not that I would watch Fox News if I had it.

Likewise. Fox News gives me a nagging headache if I even see it out of the corner of my eye.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #207 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The line between "winner" and "loser" is vanishingly thin these days. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the aspirations of any politician or confuse their own agendas with mine (that includes my candidate of choice for 2012, by the way). Every person works for their own self-interest, no matter how popular or munificent they may appear.

munificent ~ liberal, I done learned a new word today. Thanks.

But I don't know exactly what you are saying with respect to my post on said accuracy, or lack thereof, of the cited poll.

I don't have the time to go back through this thread in all it's banal verbose entirety.

Specifically, with all the subjective posturing from Nick with respect to all things relating to alleged MSM bias in the run-up to the GE (and continued post GE alleged MSM bias), and his central tenant or central thesis that without said alleged MSM bias, McCain/Palin would be our elected heads of state today.

Or some such.

I welcome a discussion with respect to the objective data available surrounding the GE (campaign financial contributions to each party (FEC data), the EC results (and the forthcoming 2010 Census and what it means for the 2012, (2014), 2016, (2018), and 2020 GE's), the popular vote results. and the all too well known abysmal approval ratings of Dubya and the direct effect this had on the GE outcome.

As of right now, the R's must be considered at best as only a regional party (read rural west and the Solid South) for the foreseeable future.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Parties