or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple responds to Microsoft ads: "a PC is no bargain"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple responds to Microsoft ads: "a PC is no bargain" - Page 3

post #81 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

The "rest of the business world" (I assume you're leaving out the Creative/Design industry out entirely, LOL), runs on a broken paradigm. IT departments are fueled by Windows being and remaining broken.

The "rest of the business world" is unfortunately, wrong and in error. The very existence and robustness of the IT industry proves this. But as soon as a platform is pervasive enough due to cost and licensing, even if its is essentially broken and inefficient, it will still be used.

Not making any friends here... No offense pal... Listen I love my mac. For the record all of you shitheads. Once again! MACS ARE GREAT FOR CREATIVE, I USE MY MAC FOR THIS.

To your point I also feel that the architecture is superior but the business strategy is flawed. Not the b2b strategy but Apple's business strategy.

Point is that they are not going for the business user. They are marginalizing XServe (I mean what would you use it for... There are few Mac only server apps that run major biz functions. They don't package VM's or XP/Vista. They don't aggressively approach Business software makers to use their platform.

So right now your dream (and actually mine) is not going to happen. I don't give a shit for the fanboys... Flame away... It is a great alternative to thinking.
post #82 of 358
You mess with the Bull you get the horns....

One thought he was invincible... the other thought he could fly.

They were both wrong.

Reply

One thought he was invincible... the other thought he could fly.

They were both wrong.

Reply
post #83 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunga View Post

Well, I'd like to be able to upgrade my 3000 dollar Mac Pro to play games. That's something I'd like my Mac to do...

That will cost you $200.

Either use bootcamp and run vista. SP1 fixes a lot of issues. ($189 OEM Ultimate)

Or buy an Xbox.

With your rig you will be better off with BootCamp... Should be sick... Even though I wouldn't be suprised if you aren't handicapped by the graphics card. For some reason Apple cards are more expensive and very limited.
post #84 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

I don't run any antivirus on my home PC. I've yet to receive a virus.

That used to be me, about 6 years ago. I'm smart, I know not to click on spam or visit questionable websites, and no one else used my computer. Never had a virus in 10 years! My virus protection plan was working great!

Finally one day, my PC started acting a little flakey. After a few days of troubleshooting, I began to think it might be a virus. I went out and spent the $50. Sure enough, it found a virus that was causing the problems, and cleared it right up.

Oh, and it also found six others that were completely transparent to me as a user, but still rather unpleasant!

BTW, many ISPs offer free antivirus software these days; Comcast gives you McAfee. Fewer infected customers means lower network management costs. But it's still another maintenance task on my Wondows box that my Mac is blissfully free of.
post #85 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Your just wrong about this.

The fact that you are in a distinct minority, and have a rather unusual view of the situation is proven by the fact that you see "astounding arrogance" in the article when literally no one else does.

I've been in tech support for many years and people generally don't go out and find free anti-virus products on the web, Google or no. They buy one on the recommendation of friends or they buy one on the recommendation of the person fixing their computer at the tech stop. People are generally terrified of viruses and not confident enough about tech to pick out an anti-virus themselves, as (to them) it's a hugely important decision.

PCs don't even *work* without anti-virus (at least not connected to the Internet for more than a few minutes), so it's perfectly valid to include the average cost of anti-virus when figuring out the cost of the whole package.

Even if you were right about people going out and finding free anti-virus (you're not), the cost should be calculated based on what the average windows user spends on anti-virus per year. If some people like yourself spend zero dollars, well that's great. Others will spend hundreds on anti-virus though and the *average* cost of what is spent is a valid "add-on cost to a windows computer when doing these kinds of calculations.

Finally, your implied assertion that Mac users are "dumb" is really off-base considering that more Mac users are professionals, more Mac users have higher education etc. Also, Microsoft is purposely targeting dumb "average" PC users with this campaign and purposely *not* targeting knowledgeable professionals.

The ads more or less say:

"You're not very rich, you're not very cool, and you're not that technologically competent, so ... a PC is just right for you! They're cheap!"

I think that free AV solutions have much higher profile today than they did have a year or two ago, and much more people are exposed to them. I remember time - not so long ago - when absolute majority of computers I have encountered had Norton. I would lucky-guess 80% at least, likely more. But not today, or, at least, not in this environment.

Ads are not addressing professionals because - pros know exactly what they want. And need. Others, well, they can be persuaded. And they are majority.
post #86 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

It's really actually pathetic- to think an Apple spokesman actually needs to respond and say these things. SJ's leadership is sorely missed.
It's as if Mercedes or BMW responding to a Toyota add or something else as absurd.

Then why Apple was attacking PC before? This is __ and this is a __..\
post #87 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

This guy Hesseldahl sounds like a true fanboy. Widows people don't make PC's , electronics companies do.
Notice again how it's always HP and the other bottom of the barell Dell and Gateway- never Sony or Lenovo.

And you sound ridiculous.

Microsoft's ads promote PCs, not Windows itself (that would be a bad move). In the ads, the "customers" chose HP and Dell. The "customers" go for the cheap stuff - if they chose Sony, there wouldn't be much of a price difference with Apple.

And it's "barrel."
post #88 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

It's not just the second-rate "windows" hardware,

I keep hearing this argument, but so far I haven't seen a proof that components inside good looking Mac cases are any better than average PC parts. Problems Macs had with previous and current nVidia chips, cracking plastics cases (one that definitely looks better but does not behave better than non-descript HP plastics - on the contrary) etc. is really not adding to that argument.

As a hardware guy, I would really like to see some details about Mac guts and make my own conclusions. If anyone can provide such details, links... I'd be grateful.
post #89 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by linapple_xp View Post

They do need to own up that it sucks for business.

I use my 3 year old WhiteBook for business just fine. I run MS Office 08 for Mac and have not had a single issue.

2Gig of RAM
320 Gig WD 7200 RPM Hard Drive

And it smokes!

AND my Macbook boots up 100x faster than their BRAND NEW Dell Laptops, so I'm productive sooner than they are. AND I don't worry about viruses.

I actually returned the company PC because it was frustratingly slow.
http://www.pacificpixels.com/ - Underwater Photography
Reply
http://www.pacificpixels.com/ - Underwater Photography
Reply
post #90 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

these ads aren't targeted at the geeks, they are targeted at the home user with a limited budget and not a lot of desire to go hunting.

so look at it that way



but as was pointed out, the typical joe public user isn't going to go digging around for one of these titles. they will grab something off the shelf when they buy the computer. either because they figure something in a box is safer or cause the salesperson wants the additional $50-100 on the sale



again, joe ain't gonna do that. the office uses Office so he'll shell out at least $150 for that, maybe double. the kids wanna make music on the computer so he'll grab some $25 program for that. and so on.

as for the folks that said "they should do an I'm a Mac ad" it's not likely to happen. Justin is very likely off contract and no way would he settle for the cheap deal they got last time. better (in the eyes of the bean counters) to go a new route.



You are absolutely right that average user will not know about these freewares. In fact I used to work for Geek Squad they make money by selling two things mainly, Antivirus/spyware software and Bestbuy service plan...

I have never used Apple but I am quite sure it is almost worth the money since it has better design and OS based on UNIX. On the other hand PC user can have Linux ... but again you have to be little tech savvy for that and that is not average Joe..

My next purchase will be Apple notebook for sure.. just spent 2 hours fixing Windows reboot problem yesterday which was caused by Ram..

However I do feel Apple need to bring cost little down... common example is cost of DDR3 RAM for MB Pro.. where 4GB is included in price of $1999 but if you switch it to 8 GB it add another $1000 bucks.. which indicates cost of 8 GB will be around 1500... While on crucial.com DDR3 memory of similar kind is US $979.99 .. which is a difference of almost $500 bucks..

Overcharge me Apple but not that much please..
post #91 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post

If this weren't from someone with nearly 2500 posts over 18 months, I'd swear it was a troll.

It is - just a really busy one.
post #92 of 358
A Mac doesn't do a lot of things PCs do. Garmin didn't have much support for Mac's prior to last year. God knows there are tons of programs out there that are not ported to the Mac that can only run on a PC.

I love my Macs, but MS has a lot more developpers and hardware support than Mac's will ever have.
post #93 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

I tell my PC friends the same thing about cheap components and price of software and resolution, but they are happy with their cheap shit.

It's like trying to get someone to go into a wine shop and select a $50 bottle of wine, when they are just as happy with a $10 bottle from the grocery store. It's just not worth the effort.

Because some people just want to browse the web, check email, view pictures, and write documents. As much as I like macs, cheap pc's do have their place. BTW they dont even need windows to do those things. Ubuntu would work great for most people.
post #94 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradicio View Post

I use my 3 year old WhiteBook for business just fine. I run MS Office 08 for Mac and have not had a single issue.

2Gig of RAM
320 Gig WD 7200 RPM Hard Drive

And it smokes!

AND my Macbook boots up 100x faster than their BRAND NEW Dell Laptops, so I'm productive sooner than they are. AND I don't worry about viruses.

I actually returned the company PC because it was frustratingly slow.

That's an intelligent response. Yeah if you go as far as spreadsheets you're ok. But you still needed to shell out $$$ for M$... But for enterprise applications or enterprise support you aren't going to find it with a mac.

The white macbook is the only thing that I recommend on the computer side. It is pretty robust. I have had mine for a while and have bought one for my wife and recommend them to everyone. Just put another monitor next to it and you are set.

Except the plastic on mine is cracking. They have QC issues. I have had several issues... Too long to get into.
post #95 of 358
Yeah, my plastic is cracking too...
http://www.pacificpixels.com/ - Underwater Photography
Reply
http://www.pacificpixels.com/ - Underwater Photography
Reply
post #96 of 358
Man, I just converted to being a Mac user 4 months ago, but if I knew I'd be a part of moron's like the author of Business Week, I'd rather not pull out my Macbook Pro at all in public.

I get he's comparing it to the HPs, but has he ever used a Thinkpad?

I love Mac, and what it offers to me, and it's flexibility, but this pissing contest and uninformed articles are really getting annoying now, from both the sides.
post #97 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradicio View Post

Yeah, my plastic is cracking too...

That's why they invented duck tape I guess
post #98 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickmyface View Post

You can only use 3 of the 4 GBs of ram in the HP laptop featured in the commercial, did you realize that? Why would HP include ram that windows cant even use? Why does microsoft want you to buy it?

I think once you answer the above question honestly, you'll realize how snarky you ended up.

IMO, of course. Heh.


p.s. The Windows security and PC repair industries are a multi-billion dollar a year segments. 'buy a cheap pc, steal software from dad' argument = not so good.

Excuse me? Wow, listen to you... I'm sorry that I actually have a parent who offers me some assistance through the software he buys. Maybe that's a foreign concept to you. Also, your assumption that my PC is "cheap" just underscores how snobby some Mac users are. The Mac community does no justice by you. I paid $1500 in November and BUILT a phenomenal PC from scratch, thank you, and it works without problems. And with Windows XP, OMG!

And to answer your question, I guess I'll be snarky. You do realize that I wasn't talking about memory in the first place, so I'm not entirely sure why you brought something like that up towards me. In fact, I have no clue. But Apple rips you off when purchasing memory anyway, so the issue of HP "stiffing" you by not making available 1GB of memory seems trivial, although I do not know of the specifics concerning this HP issue.
post #99 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontymisra View Post

Man, I just converted to being a Mac user 4 months ago, but if I knew I'd be a part of moron's like the author of Business Week, I'd rather not pull out my Macbook Pro at all in public.

I get he's comparing it to the HPs, but has he ever used a Thinkpad?

I love Mac, and what it offers to me, and it's flexibility, but this pissing contest and uninformed articles are really getting annoying now, from both the sides.

I agree comparison was ridiculous here, MB Pro VS HP $699 laptop.. Comparison should have been between White Mac book vs HP's $699 PC..
post #100 of 358
I am an Apple a day kind of guy. very healthy. have been so since 1995. I edit films on a mac, use FCPStudio for editing, Lightroom for my photography, ms Word for my writing. My gear is Apple, Leica, Sony. Period.
This last week I spent with my girlfriend in another island, recently she bought an iBook. Has always worked on a PC with Windows. Both her son, an IT Geek and Me, garden variety 65 year old Geek, we both recommended a mac. Her new education demands she use windows 07. Ouch! So, a first for me, i am no techie, don't do timecode or such, i am more an intuitive kind of geek. So, there I was setting up a partition via bootcamp, as suggested by her son. printed out the instructions, 25 pages from a fallen tree, followed them to the letter. Installed windows 07 and word. Voila! perfection.
However
As i was installing and following the bouncing ms ball i could not help but think as to how ugly the whole interface of MS anything is. Sure I use MS for Mac. different breed than for a PC. It is horrible. the type face, the details yuck, yetch, blurp, sikko.
Yep, you get the idea, vomit!
So all these Apple vs PC arguments, commercials from MS, it's all horse doo doo.
I buy a mac, I turn it on, straight out of the box, it works.
Simple, Elegant and Well Worth The Price. Amen.
my only mistake was to not buy apple shares in 200&1. Bugger!

richard clark
film | forography | filosophy
aotearoa new zealand
Reply

richard clark
film | forography | filosophy
aotearoa new zealand
Reply
post #101 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradicio View Post

Yeah, my plastic is cracking too...

And do you still think Macs are better built than average PCs? Or just better looking?

Honest question; I still tend to believe - hardware wise - that Macs are all about perceived quality rather than real quality. There are some great parts for sure - LED displays, for example... but put all together...
post #102 of 358
Funny you mention that - I just built a PC for my bud using 4 SSD's and 6GB of DDR3 RAM, and the entire set up, with the tower/MOBO/Graphic card ran close to $2500 bucks.

So this PC's are cheap arguments hold no truth. There's TOO MUCH to choose from, and you dont always get the best quality (which does happen if you try to be cheap) - but if you build your system properly - they WILL last.
post #103 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

All that missing software and the extra fees can easily double the cost of the cheap PC hardware. And as the report describes, the bargain basement HP hardware isn't very compelling, with a wimpy battery rated for 2.5 hours compared to the MacBook Pro's eight, an extra 1.2 pounds of weight in a thicker case, and a far lower quality display with much lower resolution, 1440x900 compared to the MacBook Pro's 1920x1200.

Up to a point, more is often better, but if there are too many pixels in a given area, it gets hard to read the text. 133ppi is really pushing it for me. A 133ppi res would be great if resolution independence was available, but it's not, and that makes objects too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

First Google result for "Free anti virus" was AVG, an excellent AV.

If someone is too stupid to google that, then yeah I recommend a Mac for them

Check some of the "sponsored links". I recall research that showed most people don't realize what links are sponsored. I did a search for Spybot Search & Destroy because I forget their URL, and I notice the sponsored links to Spy|Bot Search & Destroy going to a very suspicious domain. Given that virus and antivirus is a very lucrative issue, a lot of companies out there offer antivirus which is really a virus in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

I find it so very interesting how Apple has become a label, and almost a religion these days.

These days? It's been like that seemingly forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

In my life experience I have found that you do generally get what you pay for. Quality and real value cost more, whether it's cars, food, or computers. A lot of people don't understand that. These are the "I got one just as good as (insert brand name product) for half the price" crowd. No they didn't.

There has to be a point where you're throwing money away by paying too much. Do you get any of your clothes at Nieman Marcus or similar? Paying for a Sony computer is often worse than paying for some of their cheaper competitors. Paying for bottled water is often worse than just using tap water. For how many people is paying for a Snap-On going to be more worth it than Craftsman equivalent? Won't they both do a good job of turning the bolt?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKrz View Post

Great analogy. They'll both give you a buzz. They're both the same color and you drink them from the same glass, but that $50 bottle is probably going to taste a whole lot better (and probably give you a much cleaner buzz). On the other hand, some $50 bottles of wine suck worse than the $10 grocery store bottle. Also, it is really just a matter of opinion when it comes down to it even though you and I may know the real difference which makes our opinion more educated, but still an opinion. I could go on forever with this. For the sake of the analogy, we all know that the $10 bottle in this case is horse piss and the $50 bottle is the most advanced (and yet easiest to use) operating system and hardware that any amount of money can buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Part you didn't mention but I think will work with this analogy - $50 bottle is that much more expensive not only for the wine itself, but for fancy wooden hand-made box, certificate and luxury history of wine region, famous people who enjoyed that specific wine etc.

And there is beautiful wine glass in the box as well.

But wine itself, while different, is not necessarily better; it boils down to matter of taste.

I think the wine argument falls apart for these reasons. Not that I'm into wine. I can find more interesting things to do with $50.
post #104 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by linapple_xp View Post

That's an intelligent response. Yeah if you go as far as spreadsheets you're ok. But you still needed to shell out $$$ for M$... But for enterprise applications or enterprise support you aren't going to find it with a mac.

The white macbook is the only thing that I recommend on the computer side. It is pretty robust. I have had mine for a while and have bought one for my wife and recommend them to everyone. Just put another monitor next to it and you are set.

Except the plastic on mine is cracking. They have QC issues. I have had several issues... Too long to get into.

I have a PowerBook G4 I bought in 2002. it has travelled the world, the us west, the islands of Aotearoa. it has been dropped, coated in coffee, red wine, and continues to work better than ever. i update my software as soon as it becomes available, i have a LaCie 250 gig external as backup for time machine, i use iPhoto, iTune, iPod, not yet an iPhone as in NZ we are being ripped off by the service provider. I Blog, write, edit. The frame of my 15" is bent, separated but it continues to hum. I recently bought a new battery. my first since new. When I lived in New York & Venice Beach I prowled the Apple Stores regularly, i love the whole Apple Filosophy. I am about to update my PowerBook to ??? I have a DeskTop G5 for editing with 10 terabytes of storage, eSATA, I love it. The best editing system I have ever owned, takes me back to my film sprocket days. Sure I have done AVID but when they threatened to go purely pc I said "Fine, I am going purely FCP". First editor in the world to edit TV Commercials on FCP. Y.E.S.!

richard clark
film | forography | filosophy
aotearoa new zealand
Reply

richard clark
film | forography | filosophy
aotearoa new zealand
Reply
post #105 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

I tell my PC friends the same thing about cheap components and price of software and resolution, but they are happy with their cheap shit.

It's like trying to get someone to go into a wine shop and select a $50 bottle of wine, when they are just as happy with a $10 bottle from the grocery store. It's just not worth the effort.

Don't you mean the $10 box of wine from the grocery store? You are giving them too much credit with a $10 bottle.

PC users don't seem to mind the cheap hardware they buy, well, until it starts falling apart.
post #106 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by linapple_xp View Post

Put the Xbox down, say goodnight to mum and go to your bed in your parent's basement. Facts over Flames fanboy.

Hey look, it's the internet classic, "you must live in your mothers basement." Well done.

But ironic, since you come off like an unusually pompous 14 year old. At the very least, someone who has precious little experience with the real world and believes that folks divide neatly up into "creatives" and "merchants", and purchase their computer hardware accordingly. It sounds like something you overheard your father say that struck you as wise.

And, "bud": it's pretty well understood, at this point, that anyone who relies heavily on "fan boy" as a characterization is probably dumb as a fucking stump and has little to no argument to make.

You want to talk about Apple plusses and minuses, in a forum you are new to, like a reasonable fellow? Dial back the douchebaggery from 11.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #107 of 358
Microsoft has come out with an ad that completely avoids mentioning the main product of Microsoft (Vista). Quite obviously, they avoid mentioning Vista for a reason - they dont want to play up Vista too much, because it has very bad image in the market.

So they decide to focus on a partner's (HP's) product, and a competitor's product.

But wait a minute -- HP's machine runs the very same Vista that even Microsoft is too ashamed to associate with! Why on earth should anyone buy a computer with Vista on it, if the company that made Vista is too ashamed to be associated with Vista?

I think this is the question people should consider first. I think once this question is answered, the choices become more obvious - HP, DELL, etc. also make Linux computers. So maybe the real choice for people is, Linux if you dont have the money, or if you have the money and the time to deal with all the handholding involved with Linux, or Apple if you have the money. If you dont have the money, you can still stretch and go with Apple if you want a computer that just works out of the box.

I cant see how this ad actually "helps" Microsoft. I just hope Apple comes out with a proper response focussing on this point - and just crushes MS.
post #108 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

I tell my PC friends the same thing about cheap components and price of software and resolution, but they are happy with their cheap shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Let them have their cheap machines. Macs aren't for everyone. And if they did get one and liked it they would be stuck with Macs forever, like when you get an HDTV and HD cable and can't stand to watch SD anymore.

In terms of hardware, I definitely would say that Mac has better components and quality compared to PCs four years ago. Nowadays the hardware quality of Macs aren't that much better than most PCs today. The crappy plastic on Macbooks... TN Screens (yeah, yeah, everyone is using TN on laptops nowadays)... removing the matte screen options for affordable models (TN display quality isn't that good anyway, so why bother)... on the other hand ironically paying $50 to get rid of the awful glass on the 17" Macbook Pro... impractical hinge angle... much lower reliability than than that in the PPC era... One who dares to say that Mac has better hardware quality are either still living in the past or just simply being ignorant.

Nowadays the only reason I would recommend Mac is because of its OS, Mac OS X, and its integrated multimedia software solution, iLife. But sadly, Leopard has a much worse user interface than Tiger. Mac OS X Leopard's trend of sacrificing usability for visual effect is one of the tragedies that Apple has done in the recent years. I hope Apple would stop the madness in 10.6.

Oh well... no matter what the UI quality is on Leopard, Apple can still just sit back and laugh at Vista anyway.
post #109 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post

Daniel,

You wrote: there's clearly a lot of PC buyers
and, I am sure you
meant to write: there are clearly a lot of PC buyers

,dave

Actually, he is correct. The contraction "there's" (there is) refers to "lot" which is singular, not buyers which is part of the prepositional phrase that refers to "lot".

"There's a lot" is like saying "There's a Mac".
post #110 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeasar View Post

Seriously anyone who remotely consider themselves as a geek and still recommends Sony computers needs to get their head checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_So...ection_scandal

And like what does that link have to do at all with computers?
post #111 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

I think this response is very classy.

Ditto.
post #112 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by CsharpBsharp View Post

Then why Apple was attacking PC before? This is __ and this is a __..\

That was software , this is hardware? Hello? Are you so daft?
post #113 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechengit View Post

But sadly, Leopard has a much worse user interface than Tiger. Mac OS X Leopard's trend of sacrificing usability for visual effect is one of the tragedies that Apple has done in the recent years.

This is a puzzling statement. I prefer Leopard myself, and can't think of a single aspect of it that makes it worse than Tiger. Perhaps it is a worse user interface, but for you to say that it's much worse doesn't seem reasonable.
post #114 of 358
I think it is also worth noting that the useful life of the MacBook Pro will far exceed the usefulness of the PC Notebook. I would contend that due to Window OS inefficiencies and built in obsolescence the PC user will replace their PC notebook 3 times as opposed to the Mac user. I wonder if this is a good topic for a "poll".
post #115 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Hey look, it's the internet classic, "you must live in your mothers basement." Well done.

But ironic, since you come off like an unusually pompous 14 year old. At the very least, someone who has precious little experience with the real world and believes that folks divide neatly up into "creatives" and "merchants", and purchase their computer hardware accordingly. It sounds like something you overheard your father say that struck you as wise.

And, "bud": it's pretty well understood, at this point, that anyone who relies heavily on "fan boy" as a characterization is probably dumb as a fucking stump and has little to no argument to make.

You want to talk about Apple plusses and minuses, in a forum you are new to, like a reasonable fellow? Dial back the douchebaggery from 11.

Bravo!

Too many trolls lately.
post #116 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

But ironic, since you come off like an unusually pompous 14 year old. At the very least, someone who has precious little experience with the real world and believes that folks divide neatly up into "creatives" and "merchants", and purchase their computer hardware accordingly. It sounds like something you overheard your father say that struck you as wise.

And, "bud": it's pretty well understood, at this point, that anyone who relies heavily on "fan boy" as a characterization is probably dumb as a fucking stump and has little to no argument to make.

You want to talk about Apple plusses and minuses, in a forum you are new to, like a reasonable fellow? Dial back the douchebaggery from 11.

You got major problems. Name calling is so tired. Not one thing have you added to the discussion -not one. Apple is overpriced. Name an analyst who thinks otherwise besides the fanboy trolling with the Appe exec-The MacMini being the latest title holder.
post #117 of 358
I buy a PC every year but not a Mac because of the price not because of the Os.And am record my own music too without Mac,as soon the price drop i will be there...Linux let me record 24 bit/192 khz.for free...Now the computer does not matter the sound card yes...
post #118 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

And do you still think Macs are better built than average PCs? Or just better looking?

Honest question; I still tend to believe - hardware wise - that Macs are all about perceived quality rather than real quality. There are some great parts for sure - LED displays, for example... but put all together...

Back in late 2005 when I got the leaked preview of Longhorn, I knew the successor of Windows XP would be a dead duck. That was when I decided to abandon Windows for good. (I had a PC and a Mac back then.) But unfortunately, that was also when Apple started lowering the bar on Mac hardware and software (especially Leopard's UI and iMovie). Ironically, I'd never thought that I would be buying a new laptop with a "downgraded" Windows XP three years later.
post #119 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla View Post

I buy a PC every year but not a Mac because of the price not because of the Os.And am record my own music too without Mac,as soon the price drop i will be there...Linux let me record 24 bit/192 khz.for free...Now the computer does not matter the sound card yes...

Now there's a ringing endorsement. Of something. Annual PC buying, I guess.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #120 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Now there's a ringing endorsement. Of something. Annual PC buying, I guess.

It's the Microsoft tax.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple responds to Microsoft ads: "a PC is no bargain"