or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New World Order?

New World Order?

post #1 of 42
Where's it coming from and where's it going?

Is it a right versus left issue?

How far are we from a global currency?

How far are we from a world government?

Does anyone think it would help prevent wars?

Which countries would resist it the most and what will happen to them?

Is it in everyone's best interest?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Hands.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 42
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wor...spiracy_theory)
Another divisive tool the right and probably others will use to spread fear for political purposes.

Never happen.
post #3 of 42
NWO is code for Kook alert.
post #4 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wor...spiracy_theory)
Another divisive tool the right and probably others will use to spread fear for political purposes.

Never happen.

So why does Gordon Brown, Obama and G.H.W Bush keep talking about the new world order? What are they talking about? Just cooperation between the G20? Hasn't China already said it would like a global currency? http://abcnews.go.com/International/...7156932&page=1
post #5 of 42
Instead of divisiveness,
Quote:
Until now, the world weve known has been a world divided a world of barbed wire and concrete block, conflict and cold war. Now, we can see a new world coming into view. A world in which there is the very real prospect of a new world order. In the words of Winston Churchill, a "world order" in which "the principles of justice and fair play ... protect the weak against the strong ..." A world where the United Nations, freed from cold war stalemate, is poised to fulfill the historic vision of its founders. A world in which freedom and respect for human rights find a home among all nations.

H.W.Bush 1990

The fear,
Quote:
When President Bush announced his new foreign policy would help build a New World Order, his phrasing surged through the Christian and secular hard right like an electric shock, since the phrase had been used to represent the dreaded collectivist One World Government for decades.

And then there was Bush the younger.
post #6 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Hasn't China already said it would like a global currency?

Just testing there new found economic strength.
post #7 of 42
Quote:

Just testing there new found economic strength.

I wander was Geithner was thinking when he said he was "quite open" to the Chinese idea?
A 'basket' of currencies through the IMF, controlling the liquidity of assets That would effectively make a one world Federal Bank which would mean individual nations would have to seek their capital from outside of their own countries. Get permission to borrow, in part to create a stable currency that couldn't be manipulated, like say the US is doing with China's $1 trillion. According to this article, Russia is pushing for it toohttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...y-world-agenda
post #8 of 42
And after his "slip of the tongue"
Quote:
The dollar initially recovered from yesterday's wobble but then retreated against most major currencies this afternoon as markets nervously awaited Geithner's appearance before a congressional committee.

Being open to discussing it is different than being on board before you discuss it.
Even so, I don't think it'll fly.

Quote:
China's bold proposal has been made before by independent economists, but it has until now met with resistance from the US and other countries with large dollar holdings. Zhou has acknowledged that such a shift could take a long time.
post #9 of 42
Quote:

And after his "slip of the tongue"

Being open to discussing it is different than being on board before you discuss it.
Even so, I don't think it'll fly.

Some are saying the Global Bank has been kick-started by the G20 in London.

"In effect, the G20 leaders have activated the IMF's power to create money and begin global "quantitative easing". In doing so, they are putting a de facto world currency into play. It is outside the control of any sovereign body. Conspiracy theorists will love it."
~Daily Telegraph http://telegraph.co.uk/finance/comme...-currency.html

The Council On Foreign Relations, which Dick Cheney amongst many others, has played such a prominent role in, said this-“The right course is not to return to a mythical past of monetary sovereignty, with governments controlling local interest and exchange rates in blissful ignorance of the rest of the world. Governments must let go of the fatal notion that nationhood requires them to make and control the money used in their territory. National currencies and global markets simply do not mix; together they make a deadly brew of currency crises and geopolitical tension and create ready pretexts for damaging protectionism. In order to globalize safely, countries should abandon monetary nationalism and abolish unwanted currencies, the source of much of today’s instability.”

Robert Zoellick, president of the World Bank in April 2009 said - “If leaders are serious about creating new global responsibilities or governance, let them start by modernising multilateralism to empower the WTO, the IMF, and the World Bank Group to monitor national policies.”
post #10 of 42
Still can't see it, but what do I know.
post #11 of 42
Quote:

Still can't see it, but what do I know.

My question is where do the freemasons fit in?
post #12 of 42
Quote:

We are very close to a new world order and it will be moving from exhausted debt-ridden western countries that are also imploding demographically to somewhere else that is not.

Quote:

Not at all.

Quote:

We are very far away from a global currency. In fact so many currencies are crap and there is likely to be so much printing from everyone in the future that we might as well go to sea shells for currency.

Quote:

Very far, ethnic wars and problems still tie up large parts of the world. So far all the west has done is draw pretty lines in the sand and give people better weapons and large amounts of money, often for natural resources so that these same thousand year old difference can be played out on a grander scale.

Quote:

Nope.

Quote:

The ones who would resist it the most are those coming to the top of the new world order. Those most likely to endorse it are those who want to remain at the top but no longer have the material resources and wealth to stay there but demand such things do to their history. I could imagine much of Europe and the U.S. for example wanting an equal place at the table with up and coming India as an example. They shouldn't get it.

I still think the U.S. in a decently good place to ride this all out. We still have a decent birth rate and if we can stop with all the bankrupting income transfers, we can get back to building infrastructure and making things.

Quote:

I think it is in pretty much no ones interest. Government by the government and for the government sounds very much like the EU which I think has some very serious flaws and often causes as many problems as they fix.

Thanks for the thread.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #13 of 42
Cultural, ethnic, religious and national identification is so important to most people that the idea of a "one world government" or "new world order" in a visible and officially recognized format, as in a "world legislative body" with control over peoples lives on a par with national governments, would be rejected out of hand by most.

The nearest thing there is to a "New World Order" is the cartel of international financial institutions such as the IMF and World Bank (combined with institutions such as Wall Street and other exchanges), helped by western governments and their intelligence agencies and militaries) which together have the power to steer the course of nations at a stroke; they have done this on many occasions in recent decades with uniformly devastating negative effect on the livelihoods of the people of those nations (such as Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Panama, Russia, China, Bolivia, Poland, Iran, Iraq, Indonesia.... and more)... while simultaneously $ Trillions have been funneled to wellplaced corporations and banking institutions by "stripmining" the public assets of such nations in a long-running well-organized program of Milton Friedman style hardline capitalism.... systems which have required vicious dictatorial control to stay in place (but broadcast by the western media as successful democratic transformations).

There's no conspiracy theory involved here. Here are the slimiest traits of human nature at work without regulation, with a bunch of sociopaths, criminals and thugs at the helm.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

There's no conspiracy theory involved here. Here are the slimiest traits of human nature at work without regulation, with a bunch of sociopaths, criminals and thugs at the helm.

Pretty much why it'll never happen, in our lifetime anyway.
post #15 of 42
Never say never. Lots can hapen in 10, even 5 years. Heck, look at what's gone down in just the past year with the economy and all.

I wonder...would the discovery of conclusive evidence that life exists on other planets change things at all?

If we realized we were not alone in the universe, would that serve as a catalyst for a movement to unite us under some kind of World Government?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #16 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Never say never. Lots can hapen in 10, even 5 years. Heck, look at what's gone down in just the past year with the economy and all.

I wonder...would the discovery of conclusive evidence that life exists on other planets change things at all?

If we realized we were not alone in the universe, would that serve as a catalyst for a movement to unite us under some kind of World Government?

Was that intended as a joke or have yiu accidentally swapped ufo's for terrorism.

Trumptan
What you said about the EU is shockingly true. I am stunned that Britain has let, indeed helps the EU become a dictatorship. Astonishing.
post #17 of 42
Quote:

Was that intended as a joke or have yiu accidentally swapped ufo's for terrorism.

You don't have to answer my questions if you don't want to.

post #18 of 42
Quote:

Reagan's words, 1987!

Alien threat? What diid he mean by "alien"? Little 3ft tall gray guys with big black wrap-around eyes and skinny limbs? Or the dreaded Commies, or Muslims? And by "this world"....? The familiar white Western "Judeo-Christian" world? Or those unwashed darker skinned people from the middle east (and 3rd world) who he and his cronies had been planning for a long time to enslave and conquer for the enrichment of our corporate and bankster elites?

Even though Reagan was ethically "challenged" (and mentally later on), he wasn't referring to any UFO balony. Surely not.
post #19 of 42
Quote:

Yes (disclaimer- I highly doubt that space machine traveling life forms are about to show up and if their invisible, who cares if they do?) . I think yes, only if that outside alien force was unfriendly. If it was friendly, I can imagine all the world leaders, fighting over the possible riches, sucking up to them, trying to win favours and no doubt votes at the same time! Probably causing a war or two in the process. If it's just bacteria of some sort, I would imagine the honeymoon period would be pretty short.

On the level of, is a united world a good thing, of course the answer is it could be, but look at Europe. It's now got around 80% of it's laws written by unelected Eurocrats. And it's the European model of 'governance' that appeals to the big wigs who are pushing all this integration.
post #20 of 42
If the global warming farce doesn't work out for the globalists, what else could they use?

post #21 of 42
Quote:

If the global warming farce doesn't work out for the globalists, what else could they use?

Trade. There's The Union of South American Nations (UNASUR) which include Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela. Brazilian President Inacio Luca da Silva said they (UNASUR) would seek a common currency and central bank, aimed at boosting economic and political integration in the region.
~established 2008

The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) which wants to have a single common currency, as opposed to it's individual currencies. This group currently consists of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

In May 2005 the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) now consisting of ten countries, plus China, Japan and South Korea, agreed to expand their network of bilateral currency swaps into what could become a FED type of institution.

The Africa Union consists of 53 states. Within that there is the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) which includes 15 countries. They have already joined monetarily. There are other groups wanting to unite in Africa too.

Obviously there's Europe with the Euro and what North America does further down the road with Latin America and Canada remains to be seen, but I wouldn't rule out an emergence of those currencies in the future completely.

This all takes a while, but it's clear that countries are willing to give up some of their sovereignty to have the stability and weight of a homogenized currency and that process is still far from complete but none the less, it's moving on at a rapid pace. Political union is often happening at the same time, though differences and issues are still prevalent, there is often a desire to establish laws that filter down to everyday policies of governing the countries involved. These new and much bigger currencies are being offered, basically a grand central bank, so that say you hold a million in dollars and a million in euro's, you can exchange them in the central bank into a world currency that has more stability and that banks deposits will be huge and give that bank the power, over time to be the worlds biggest lender, far supplanting what's available currently. Will all of this lead to a world government and currency? Yes, over time it is more than likely, as groups of nations merge further with their governing institutions, their dependency on an overall regulatory body will also increase to harmonize trade between existing groups.
Conflicts will happen, but when countries have so little power over their own nations it's harder to go to war, when in theory you'd be up against your own troops, as is already happening in Europe and else where and you can't print your own money etc, etc... my guess is that troops will be used far more against the pirates, terrorists, and generaly used to combat uncompliant groups of citizens than will be needed against nations. That said though militaristic wars between countries and groups of countries would be a possibility before a world government had full political and military control, and even after that acting as 'policeman' could attack one or more of it's own countries. That would be highly unlikely though, as enormous economic pressures inflicted at earlier stages, given the governing authority, would have the power, should alone have the desired effect alone.

I don't think that global warming is a farce, but I don't have enough scientific knowledge to argue the whole thing. Snow melting, ice melting..etc, etc, so many problems ecologically caused by man.... I bet it's true.
post #22 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

My question is where do the freemasons fit in?

How about waltzing into a local lodge meeting and asking them?

post #23 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

How about waltzing into a local lodge meeting and asking them?

I would but they'll just kick me out again
post #24 of 42
Quote:

Hands.

I'm sorry, say again?
(My tinfoil on mute for a second there)
post #25 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

I'm sorry, say again?
(My tinfoil on mute for a second there)

Don't concern yourself with all that silence, can you see a new world coming into view?

I can from my house!
post #26 of 42
Quote:

Don't concern yourself with all that silence, can you see a new world coming into view?

I can from my house!

I did back in 1984.

post #27 of 42
Quote:

If the global warming farce ...

I don't know. That tin-foil hat you're wearing is unbecoming on you.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

I don't know. That tin-foil hat you're wearing is unbecoming on you.

Let me clarify. I believe the earth goes through patterns of warming and cooling. I do not, however, believe that humans are responsible global warming.

It would seem that I am not in the minority.

Only 34% Now Blame Humans for Global Warming

post #29 of 42
Quote:

Let me clarify. I believe the earth goes through patterns of warming and cooling. I do not, however, believe that humans are responsible global warming.

34% of "voters"? Please. I don't trust voters to know the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground.

I'll listen to the scientific community, thanks. And even if they are wrong, who cares? Isn't lessening our dependence on foreign oil a good thing? Isn't fuel efficiency a good thing? Isn't cleaner air a good thing? Isn't investing in new green companies the future?

But you're making political pot shots. I get it.

[/end of thread derail]
post #30 of 42
Quote:

34% of "voters"? Please. I don't trust voters to know the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground.

Really? Does that also apply to those who put Obama in office?

You can't have it both ways.

post #31 of 42
Quote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8008473.stm
Quote:
Prof Lockwood was one of the first researchers to show that the Sun's activity has been gradually decreasing since 1985, yet overall global temperatures have continued to rise.
"If you look carefully at the observations, it's pretty clear that the underlying level of the Sun peaked at about 1985 and what we are seeing is a continuation of a downward trend (in solar activity) that's been going on for a couple of decades.
"If the Sun's dimming were to have a cooling effect, we'd have seen it by now."

I'd suggest reading the whole article.
post #32 of 42
Quote:

Really? Does that also apply to those who put Obama in office?

You can't have it both ways.

Or Bush, twice.
post #33 of 42
Quote:

Or Bush, twice.

Don't evade. Answer.

post #34 of 42
Quote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8008473.stm

I'd suggest reading the whole article.

We should probably start another thread on this.

post #35 of 42
Quote:

We should probably start another thread on this.

Why?
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=93403
post #36 of 42
Quote:

Don't evade. Answer.

No Kapeeessssh?
post #37 of 42
Quote:

Crap. I knew the search feature was good for something.

I'll keep it because of the poll.

post #38 of 42
Quote:

No Kapeeessssh?

Going once....going twice....

post #39 of 42
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

post #40 of 42
China has admitted to a secret, rapid buildup in their gold reserves in the last decade.

Makes you wonder what they expect to happen to the world's major currencies.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New World Order?