or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft looking to launch iPhone rival on Verizon's network
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Microsoft looking to launch iPhone rival on Verizon's network - Page 2

post #41 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

I agree. The contempt between Apple fanboys and Microsoft fanboys is only out done by the contempt that exists between Conservatives and Liberals here in the States

I once saw a guy at home depot wearing a t-shirt that said "The only difference between Obama and Osama is a little bs."
post #42 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

Awesoooooome!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRLRjKCGHek


And what's up with 'Pink'?

It will be the porn friendliest smartphone on the market.
post #43 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

LOL I gotta remember that one. thanks for the reply

lol
post #44 of 147
Just imagine a device with all the Verizon crap ware + MSN live search as a default search engine = BIG FAIL, and on top of that add Mobile IE and you have a big train wreck.
post #45 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtlrift View Post

From the makers of such high quality products as Edlin, WinCE, and Zune, Microsoft brings you the iPhone killer.. I can't even type it without smirking.

How could you?!?!

I mean.. How could forget the following wonders:
- Surface
- Silverlight
post #46 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

Instead of bashing anyone who comes along and tries to step up to said competition, you should embrace it and hope it drives Apple to deliver an even better product.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oGaZIKYvo

and

http://www.usatoday.com/money/compan...rum-usat_N.htm

(That interview was two years ago, almost to the day. Scroll down to 'On music, gaming'.)

If the comments above are characterized as 'bashing' then I guess Ballmer himself has joined the party at one point or another.

Quote:
Don't hate on competition, embrace it. Root for Microsoft, hope they deliver, because in the long run you'll profit from it.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft

Yeah, that worked out so well for Netscape.

We 'bash' Microsoft because they are big, dumb, and a satisfying target. It's not like they don't deserve it from time to time.
post #47 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTL215 View Post

What's the deal? The deal is that Microsoft is a company devoid of any sense of innovation, and only came to dominate the market because of their highly suspect business practices. There's nothing wrong with improving your products, but you deserve to be mocked when the only reason you're actually bothering with such improvement is because you've already had your ASS thoroughly handed to you by the competition. How many times must Microsoft "miss the boat" on hit products before people realize we no longer need them around?

They came to dominate the market because people bought their product instead of Apples, plain and simple. Apple had their asses handed to them enough times that they are now improved to the point where they can turn around and dish it right back to Microsoft. It's a relatively unique and new thing we're seeing with computer technology like this, but hopefully Microsoft will do exactly as Apple did, and learn what people really want and what they can offer that Apple can't. It really is weird to hear someone say we don't need Microsoft. They are Apple's main competitor. Clearly you can't argue that competition drives innovation. Rather than get mad at Microsoft, you should be slightly mad at Apple for not "handing them their asses" sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post

It will be the porn friendliest smartphone on the market.

I laughed when I read this. Can I tell you something? It's ALREADY extremely porn friendly. Let me direct you to WVD (web video downloader): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427702 He doesn't exactly come out and say it, but this is basically an app that grabs videos from websites like youporn, tube8, pornkolt, then streams them to a media player. With my touch pro, I literally can use a tv-out cable to stream porn from the internet onto a large tv. That alone was worth the 300 bucks LOL
post #48 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

... isn't it awesome how these rumors have sparked such lively and intelligent discussions such as this one?

Nothing like un-sourced conflicting rumours to bring out the genius in all of us.

I regularly make an ass out of myself on this forum though so I don't see why every one else shouldn't be given a go at it.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
Reply
post #49 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft

Yeah, that worked out so well for Netscape.

We 'bash' Microsoft because they are big, dumb, and a satisfying target. It's not like they don't deserve it from time to time.

Its ok to bash ms, i do it all the time, but I don't bash a company for trying to step up and compete, that's my point. I've always thought competition in any market like this is essential. In this situation, with this type of product, Microsoft is the underdog, the loser who needs to be better.

Meh, it doesn't matter. I remember saying the same things to ms fanboys when they bashed apple for stepping up.
post #50 of 147
post #51 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

All three big rumours have "un-named Verizon employees" at their heart also.
  • Verizon is getting iPhone in 2010
  • Verizon is getting iPhone "lite" and an Apple tablet this year
  • Verizon is getting zPhone this year.
Sure sounds like something might be going on, but all the rumours make Verizon look snappy and all of them originate with ... Verizon.

Me thinks this is probably just a lot of garble from people at Verizon who know something is happening, don't know exactly what it is, but can't keep it under their hats anyway.

We also, know what apple does when someone leaks out what they are up to ahead of them making the big splash, they punish them. If this is real, then this could turn out bad for Verizon, it not real at this point it is a mute discussion.

I know someone who work in Verizon Cellular Finance I was talking to him about these rumors this weekend and he seem to think that Verizon at some point would get the iphone since the storm was not doing as well as they hoped. He also agreed that Verizon would have to change their business model to get it on their network.

I think is a bunch of Verizon people doing some wish full thinking. But a light version of the Iphone might work with Verizon if it does not do everything that the current Iphone does.

I am not sure how MS would factor in. Face we now know that only one Cell phone company in the world is producing phones using Mobile Windows, that would mean that Verizon would have to strike a deal with them too.
post #52 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


Romancing the phone.

(lol sry)
post #53 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

Everyone here is bashing Microsoft for making bad products, but then they are bashing them for trying to improve their products. What's the deal?

The deal is that you are here, at AI. Its not a place to speak nice of MS. Having said that, the low level MS bashing that sometimes erupts is stupid. If you ever read the comments at Cnet you know what I mean. Cringeworthy.
post #54 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

...reportedly leverage and then extend upon Microsoft's existing Windows Mobile operating system

If there is one thing MS shouldn't mention, is that this phone will use WinMobile.
post #55 of 147
This is either a monumentally funny joke, wrong or Microsoft have lost their minds. They seem to have forgotten they're a software company. Yes, fine, make some peripherals, make a games console...But when you start pushing out hardware to compete with your licensees? Just utter facepalm. This makes twice. Does Microsoft want to start selling Premium PCs as well, go for the Big Three?

When Google launch a Desktop OS (And they will), Microsoft better hope they haven't started or are not intending tos ell their own PCs. Because Google will flatten them by stealing Microsoft's Partners. Remember them Ballmer? Your Hardware Partners? The only reason your company is still afloat?

Yeah, them.

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

Reply

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

Reply
post #56 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


That guy is way too cool and that phone way too thin to be Microsoft chic....

This is more like it.



Notice the powerful 802.11n antenna on it, and what you can't see: a 10" touch screen on the other side. ZOMG, Microsoft beat Apple to the punch!
post #57 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Notice the powerful 802.11n antenna on it, and what you can't see: a 10" touch screen on the other side. ZOMG, Microsoft beat Apple to the punch!

my friend ed was tellin me about those old zack morris phones, and he said they got reception everywhere he went.
post #58 of 147
Just like MS to miss a ship date - this time on an April Fools joke.

To an earlier post - the bashing of Microsoft for making bad products is valid - and the other bashing of Microsoft that you call trying to improve - is also warranted - as they are not innovating but copying - and also in this case it is only a rumor of discussions that they might be considering a product which may largely copy an existing successful product.

Feature parity with your competition is one thing - but imagine a car commercial that proclaims our vehicles will all have airbags and anti lock brakes in a couple years - when the direct competition has had those features for years already.

When some of us see those headlines what we hear is someone shouting Oh look we nearly caught up with you sort of.

I am not saying any given product from any given company is perfect or (what is the exact opposite of perfect?) and even though on many fronts many folks consider Apple and MS to be in direct competition - as with most things like life the story is really much more complicated than that - sure there are times and places where Apple and MS are the only two sides of a coin flip - but each company is also much more than that.

In other words if Apple is working on say 100 different products and projects and offerings - hardware, software, services, etc and MS is working on 200 different products and projects etc - for as many points where they have directly competing offerings there as many points where they do not. And for any given product - such as the iPhone - it is certainly possible that any given person or organization or whatever to decide that the device is a perfect fit or utterly useable - and that is okay.

What is not okay is for anyone to call someone else stupid or ugly or whatever for making their choice - uniformed, or naive, or biased perhaps, but I think a mistake a lot of people make in a lot of situations is to think that since I made this choice everyone who makes a different choice is somehow wrong.

At the end of the day though it is just plain fun to bash MS - and sometimes even Apple - though Apple (in my opinion) gets plenty of bashing without my help and at least in some cases undeservedly so (come on, what other company do you know of that can announce record sales and profits and dividends etc and then have "journalists" proclaim their imminent demise and have their stock take a plunge?)
post #59 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Or ....

It could be that the three, mutually incompatible, somewhat-ridiculous-on-the-face-of-it, news stories we have heard in regards Verizon in the last week are all just stuff spewed out by Verizon in order to get some press and make us believe they aren't dead?

I think you hit the nail on the head.
post #60 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTL215 View Post

What's the deal? The deal is that Microsoft is a company devoid of any sense of innovation, and only came to dominate the market because of their highly suspect business practices. There's nothing wrong with improving your products, but you deserve to be mocked when the only reason you're actually bothering with such improvement is because you've already had your ASS thoroughly handed to you by the competition. How many times must Microsoft "miss the boat" on hit products before people realize we no longer need them around?

Microsoft doesn't innovate? Pure lies!

Microsoft was the first to introduce a HDD in gaming consoles. Before you couldn't save game without going out and buying a memory card first. Now all consoles have included HDD or Flash memory at no extra cost.
Microsoft was the first to successfully create online gaming thru Xbox Live.
Microsoft Windows Media Center is extremely innovate, indeed surpassing Tivo in functionality and style while not requiring a subscription for Guide data.
Photosynth is innovative.

And while the Zune was a last ditch copy of the iPod system. It itself brought new idea such as WiFi syncing, WiFi sharing, FM song recognition, Zune Marketplace on a small Nano sized device. We still don't have iTunes Store on the iPod Nano do we?

I think to dismiss Microsoft as being lazy, only copying is quite stupid. They brought Windows Mobile that had all the capabilities of the iPhone years before the iPhone was dreamed. Sure it was sluggish (100% do to multitasking) and the interphase was based on Windows 95/98. But to claim the iPhone was a new market or new type of device is wrong. Windows Media Player would sync GBs of music to Windows Mobile phones equipped with SD cards. The only thing that the iPhone really innovated was to be completely touch (though at the expense of the accuracy of resistive screens) and the innovative Safari browser. Microsoft vision was different, to really create two internets. A regular one and a mobile one. (Hence even the creation of .Mobi) Nokia with Symbian and pretty much everyone else adopted this 'two web' idea. The iPhone did change that. Though in other discussions I have had about netbooks and Apple's stance on them with the iPod Touch or iPhone being a replacement I have received the argument that most sites are now a different mobile version and not the full version so the need for zoom is not required and thus the fact that you have more screen real estate on a netbook is mute. That argument only confirms Microsoft initiative with PocketIE back in 2000 which no did do regular pages but did work well and still does with pages created for the mobile web. We will see how PocketIE in 6.5 and 7.0 compete with Opera and Safari in the mobile sphere but PocketIE was another Microsoft Innovation that I used in 2000 and did well for getting certain sites on the go. Microsoft biggest fault with Windows Mobile was not broadening its appeal, making it faster or easier to use. It felt that only corporate users would be interested in such a device or geeks. No, I think and have always thought that eventually everyone will want a smartphone. I knew that since my first PocketPC in 2000.

Nokia Lumia 920, iPhone, Surface RT, Intel i3 Desktop with Windows 7 & Hackintosh, Power Cube G4

Reply

Nokia Lumia 920, iPhone, Surface RT, Intel i3 Desktop with Windows 7 & Hackintosh, Power Cube G4

Reply
post #61 of 147
While I agree with everyone here that this would be a poor imitation of the iPhone, at best, this could also be a motivation for Apple to get in with Verizon. MS's phone doesn't need to be better than the iPhone, it only needs to be better than the other Verizon phones. MS could establish a beach head with Verizon customers making at more difficult for if/when Apple partners with Verizon.

The true genius of the App Store isn't that Apple makes money off of it, it's that it locks you into the iPhone. Once you've invested loads of money buying apps and spent hours learning them and entering your data, etc, you will be reluctant to switch to another device and have to start all over. The App Store is the equivalent of DRM in iTunes music. It locks you into Apple's hardware.

If MS can make an adequate phone (a long shot, but possible) and get people invest time and money in the platform, it will be more difficult for Apple to lure those customers away. But if Apple were to release an iPhone "lite" on Verizon's network before MS's phone is ready, they could prevent MS from ever getting a foothold.
post #62 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

....once the Pre comes and goes.

You mean, once the Pre is Post?
post #63 of 147
Yet again we see a glaring example of one of the fundamental differences between Apple and Microsoft. Over the last few years it has been fascinating to watch as Apple's brilliantly devised and implemented strategy falls into place. A company that ten years ago made only computers and a limited range of high-end software, is now the dominant player in the PMP market, the leading music distributor in the US and now a major player in the smartphone market with the App Store setting the standard for the rest to follow. Each move has fitted neatly into their product portfolio, with cross-fertilisation - the 360˚ halo effect - benefiting all parts of their business. You can be sure that by the time AI is referring to 'the Cupertino-based tablet-maker' that product will both re-define and dominate that new market while bringing in additional business for both the ITMS and AS. Whatever your personal opinion on Apple, you have to admit that they are run by some extremely smart and focused people, and they know exactly where they are going.

Conversely, Microsoft lurch from one half-arsed effort to the next, wasting time, money and resources on an arbitrary hotch-potch of ill-advised projects which not only fail in the market but bring derision down on their head as well. With Apple you know they have a plan, whereas Microsoft seem bereft of vision and run by people who have no idea how to stop their sun sinking slowly in the west.
Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, not even if I have said it, if it does not agree with your own reason and your own common sense.
Buddha
Reply
Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, not even if I have said it, if it does not agree with your own reason and your own common sense.
Buddha
Reply
post #64 of 147
Code:

10 CLS
20 PRINT"Create Microsoft Product"
30 INPUT"What is name of equivalent Apple product? ", A$
40 IF (LEN)A$ = 0 THEN GOTO 30
50 PRINT"Your new product is: Microsoft ", A$
60 END
post #65 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

To an earlier post - the bashing of Microsoft for making bad products is valid - and the other bashing of Microsoft that you call trying to improve - is also warranted - as they are not innovating but copying - and also in this case it is only a rumor of discussions that they might be considering a product which may largely copy an existing successful product.

Feature parity with your competition is one thing - but imagine a car commercial that proclaims our vehicles will all have airbags and anti lock brakes in a couple years - when the direct competition has had those features for years already.

When some of us see those headlines what we hear is someone shouting Oh look we nearly caught up with you sort of.

The app store is the main thing they are copying (confirmed that is.) Copying a successful business model is something many companies do. The app store was a huge success, and it makes sense that Microsoft copies it. They aren't the only company to copy it, however.

The mere fact that WM has been around so long means I could easily say Apple copied Microsoft or even Palm for things like appointments & a calendar, wifi, or even mobile web browsing. Sticking with the car commercial analogy, it's more like a well known company introduced their first car with key features everyone uses, but improved gas mileage, leg room, and brought innovations like a nav system and heated seats, and also it can fly lol.
post #66 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

Oh how the hatred flies around here. Lets all say the same thing and agree, that makes it right!

First of all, I doubt there's any truth to this. Microsoft has stated for months now they won't make the phone, they'll make the software. Companies like samsung and HTC make the hardware.

Err, the article states almost word for word what you claim Microsoft has already said. The only new addition is that Verizon might be the carrier, and microsoft might have some say in hardware design. The article still clearly states - just as you did - that a 3rd party is ultimately building the phone.

Microsoft already does every single thing mentioned. They make windows mobile software running on 3rd party phones. This article mentions touch screen phones. It is not simply logical, but necessary for Microsoft to update windows mobile to be more touch friendly. We can expect them to do that already, even without these rumors.

People hold a certain contempt for Microsoft because they have not acted very responsibly. As an example, some of us find it a little dubious that a Microsoft commercial tells us to buy a laptop from HP. Has anyone at Microsoft experienced their software packaged with HPs bloated bullshit and strained hardware? Given the commercial, probably not.

And then theres Windows Vista.
post #67 of 147
Apple's new iPhone commercial.

"Lauren" is asked to find a touch screen cell phone with a great UI and common sense OS and most of all, must be "cool".

Goes to Apple store - Heaven's music blares out, a light from above shines down, a chorus of Angels sings - Lauren finds the iPhone 3G! She has arrived to The Kingdom of Cool!

Goes searching WinMo products, nothing there but, how did Steve Ballmer say it regarding third party phones with MS OS on them... Oh yeah, you can get a "capable machine" and it will "do music, do internet, do e-mail, do Instant Messaging". "I like our strategy. I like it a lot. We sell millions of millions of phones. Apple has sold zero phones (Ed. pre first iPhone launch comments). We'll see how the competition goes."

Guess now we have the answer with regards to how the competition is going.

Guess Microsoft is just "not cool enough" but now that they have Apple's iPhone as a blueprint, MS is trying!

Microsoft's Steve Ballmer described one thing right, "capable machine". That about sums up Microsoft's mantra, but you never hear the phrase of a MS product as being extraordinaire... \

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply
post #68 of 147
any chance for khaki version?
Marquiz d' Gabber von Gabberaarde

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
Reply
Marquiz d' Gabber von Gabberaarde

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
Reply
post #69 of 147
iStink:

Your right competition is good. It drives the free market. But competition is about being the best, entities competing to be superior in what they make than the other. However Microsoft seems to have given up on competition, because they are happy with adequate. They are not trying to create the best product just one that is ok.
Forgo Looking At The Past As A Judge; Instead Be a Student.
Reply
Forgo Looking At The Past As A Judge; Instead Be a Student.
Reply
post #70 of 147
My god Microsoft, haven't you learned your lesson yet. You haven't produced any good software in years, you had a huge Xbox recall just a while back & even now your Xbox continues to have hardware issues. Your mobile software will make a user pull their hair out & Now on top of all that you think you can produce a phone that can compete in a market place that's full of excellent choices.. Someone needs to put all the MS exec's on a bus & take them all out for an afternoon of shock treatment..
post #71 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

It adds that Microsoft has been working on its own touch-screen smartphone hardware under the code-name "Pink."

Are they sure the code-name isn't "Brown"?
post #72 of 147
Nice to know Microsoft is still playing catchup!
post #73 of 147
Nice to know Microsoft is still playing catchup!
post #74 of 147
Yea, Yea, This supposed product will mainly be released, if ever, for the entertainment of those of us on this site, but I have an odd question:

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent site, like AI, for Microsoft? Like, Microsoft Insider, or whatever would be the clever moniker for a Microsoft Site?

I would love to read it. And read the Apple bashing. Just to see what the reasoning was like.

Anyone? Anyone know the effect? Bueller? Anyone?
post #75 of 147
/ahem, Newton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

The app store is the main thing they are copying (confirmed that is.) Copying a successful business model is something many companies do. The app store was a huge success, and it makes sense that Microsoft copies it. They aren't the only company to copy it, however.

The mere fact that WM has been around so long means I could easily say Apple copied Microsoft or even Palm for things like appointments & a calendar, wifi, or even mobile web browsing. Sticking with the car commercial analogy, it's more like a well known company introduced their first car with key features everyone uses, but improved gas mileage, leg room, and brought innovations like a nav system and heated seats, and also it can fly lol.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #76 of 147
#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

Microsoft has stated for months now they won't make the phone

#2
Quote:
Secondly, even if Microsoft DID attempt at a good phone, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT PEOPLE?

See #1
post #77 of 147

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #78 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

i wonder if the "People familiar with the matter" are the same "people familiar with the matter" of Apple talking to Verizon for the last six months about giving them a version of the iphone/netbook/tablet.

If it matters, we're familiar.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #79 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

I agree. The contempt between Apple fanboys and Microsoft fanboys is only out done by the contempt that exists between Conservatives and Liberals here in the States

I don't even know if it is out done by politics. Rivaled by, definitely.

Eh, ZunePhone is boring. MS, stop the copy game and do something original for once. Heck, all companies should really do their own original things! (Though, can we at least stick with some common standards instead of alienating yourselves from the group? Ahem, Apple, play nice please? Lets open the iPhone, the Mac OS, and make true competition. No, for Apple its about margins!)

All I want is a phone that works. So far, NO one has even come close. They all do fancy things, but no one, no carrier has thus far made a service/hardware/software that is reliable. Focus on that, then get back to me on the MS phone vrs. iPhone. Till then, I'll be idly by on my "came free with service" eNv2 phone. It has its own fair share of issues, trust me. I just want one that won't have issues, and then I'll buy a real cell phone, regardless of who the maker is.
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
Reply
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
Reply
post #80 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

Oh how the hatred flies around here. Lets all say the same thing and agree, that makes it right!

First of all, I doubt there's any truth to this. Microsoft has stated for months now they won't make the phone, they'll make the software. Companies like samsung and HTC make the hardware.

Secondly, even if Microsoft DID attempt at a good phone, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT PEOPLE? Apple ignited competition! That's awesome. Instead of bashing anyone who comes along and tries to step up to said competition, you should embrace it and hope it drives Apple to deliver an even better product.

Seriously, the level of contempt you people have for Microsoft amazes me. I know they fuck up, but reasoning around here is starting to go beyond facts and more like mere opinion driven by other hateful comments.

Don't hate on competition, embrace it. Root for Microsoft, hope they deliver, because in the long run you'll profit from it.

First reasonable post in this tread so far.

It is incredible how - according to AppleInsider - everything MS does is only because of Apple. Blackberry is still holding huge majority of businesses, and one of major points about Windows Mobile is integration with Exchange, but hey - why would MS want to compete with them, eh? There is only Apple and iPhone. And Nokia, while still being No.1 mobile phone maker in the world, is also irrelevant... because, hey, all MS tries to do nowadays is to copycat Apple and iPhone. And Google's Android, though Google is company with many highly successful projects, is completely out of MS sights because - all they see, do, dream, wish - is to try to reach unreachable Apple.

Talking about some overinflated egos around here... jeeesh.

And what is so important about that (still) imaginary phone being Microsoft phone? It will be built by HTC, Samsung... and will likely look like one of their existing touch screen models with some visual and functional touches and MS name on it. With so many touch screen phones on the market today - some of them already based on Windows Mobile - this one will be just another device on the market. Even MS themselves are not talking about it yet; I don't think they are finding it all that important, beside market presence and marketing reasons. When it comes to MS, it is much more about licensing than actually selling complete, final product - completely different business model from Apple who's trying to provide complete solutions. Whatever that phone turns out to be, you can bet there will be many others with same software and features, made by other phone makers traditionally allied with MS.

Why are you paying so much sick and obsessive attention to everything MS does, or is gossiped to be doing..? Hate, fear..? I'm really not getting it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft looking to launch iPhone rival on Verizon's network