or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes 8.2 beta hints at support of Gracenote's video platform

iTunes 8.2 beta hints at support of Gracenote's video platform - Page 3

post #81 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTL215 View Post

Wrong, hotshot. I don't think Apple cares where I get my content from - as long as I consume it on their hardware. If they only wanted my iPod to play music from iTunes, then ripping CDs would be out of the question. Not that I expect to see Amazon or Netflix on there necessarily, but DVR is totally in the realm of possibility, IMO (see Tru2Way). Who knows what they'll end up doing though.

If Apple takes 30% of digital sales, then has to pay for servers, advertising, etc, etc, they end up making a very small profit. How many $3 movie rentals must I download for them to make a reasonable profit? Exactly. But I only need to buy one AppleTV for them to make a nice chunk of profit. "Glad to see" you finally get the big picture.

Ripping CD's existed before the iTunes Store, genius. Remember? That is how iTunes started, ripping your existing CD's only. Apple doesn't promote the AppleTV, they promote iTunes only. I don't think they are making much of a profit on the AppleTV. Its not exactly flying off store shelves either. Apple wants you to rent and buy your content from the store on a regular basis, which is how they will continue to make their money with the AppleTV. Adding a dual tuner and CableCard slots will increase the price and the size of the unit, as well as also making it compatible with DirecTV and DishNetwork. If they didn't care where you got your content, it wouldn't be locked down to iTunes only, it would allow you to stream TV broadcasts from the other content providers.
post #82 of 123
Quote:

somewhat off-topic, but not totally...I've never seen a Blu-ray movie played on a computer, but I just can't imagine it being so much better than a standard DVD. So many people complain about Apple's lack of Blu-ray support (esp in their notebooks). However, people who have Blu-ray right now are clearly videophiles who probably don't do the majority of their movie-watching on computers. So then, what's the big deal? I wouldn't be surprised if Apple NEVER adopts blu-ray as a standard feature. By the time it becomes mainstream enough, DVD sales will be dropping off considerably more than they already are. Online distribution is clearly the future.

You are correct. The resolution available on bluray discs and 1080p tv doesn't really come in to play unless you're talking about TV screens larger than 50 inches. Or, unless you're sitting with you're face two feet away from the screen surface.
post #83 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by uni View Post

Not true. Blu-ray data discs are read by the Finder and can be written to with Toast.

Toast requires an optional plug-in at an extra expense, or the cost of their new pro version.
post #84 of 123
Quote:

Well, hotshot (your new name, BTW), maybe he's not talking about stand-alone receivers and speakers. Maybe he's talking about a similar device to Hi-Fi?

No, he is not, dipshit, which can be your new name. A home stereo is not an iPod Speaker system.
post #85 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Virgil-TB2 makes up stuff while guzzling that kool-aid cocktail. He speaks utter nonsense. Where is his source?

GTL215 isn't far behind either. He talks purely out of his ass as well.
post #86 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Its not exactly flying off store shelves either.

Apple wants you to rent and buy your content from the store on a regular basis, which is how they will continue to make their money with the AppleTV.

If they didn't care where you got your content, it wouldn't be locked down to iTunes only, it would allow you to stream TV broadcasts from the other content providers.

Define "flying off the shelves." Sales have tripled for AppleTV, which I would consider successful growth for a nascent product ("hobby") category -
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...nvestment.html

Secondly, I refuse to believe Apple is counting on content sales to drive revenue and profit. They make FAR more money selling hardware than content - a fact which will not change anytime soon.

Thirdly, hotshot, ever think the movie studios have more "pull" with Apple than Boxee?? Maybe that's why everything is "locked" to iTunes only.
post #87 of 123
Quote:

GTL215 isn't far behind either. He talks purely out of his ass as well.

hah, i may be a "kool-aid drinker" from time to time, but you're the one railing against the eventual migration towards all-digital media storage (ie, we're all too lazy to get up and change the DVD player). I'd consider that some ass-talking right there.
post #88 of 123
Quote:

STFU

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...ystem-for-ipod

"it is a simple but undeniably powerful audio source, designed primarily as a substitute for the separate speakers and amplifier of a 2.1-channel home stereo system, rather than as a boombox or table radio"

Why don't you read the rest of the article:

"Because of its comparatively high price, staid design, and underwhelming treble response, it's hard to recommend to typical iPod users over Altec's inMotion iM7, Bose's SoundDock, or JBL's On Time for most of their listening purposes. Even Klipsch's iFi has recently fallen in price to as little as $200, making it a comparatively aggressive alternative to iPod Hi-Fi."
post #89 of 123
Quote:

Define "flying off the shelves." Sales have tripled for AppleTV, which I would consider successful growth for a nascent product ("hobby") category -
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...nvestment.html

Secondly, I refuse to believe Apple is counting on content sales to drive revenue and profit. They make FAR more money selling hardware than content - a fact which will not change anytime soon.

Thirdly, hotshot, ever think the movie studios have more "pull" with Apple than Boxee?? Maybe that's why everything is "locked" to iTunes only.

You are quoting AppleInsider? Yeah, nice reliable source. They have nothing to back up their stories, except for their so-called anonymous sources.

Look what happened when people hacked the AppleTV to show Boxee content. Apple quickly put a stop to that one.
post #90 of 123
Quote:

You are quoting AppleInsider? Yeah, nice reliable source. They have nothing to back up their stories, except for their so-called anonymous sources.

Look what happened when people hacked the AppleTV to show Boxee content. Apple quickly put a stop to that one.

That AI article was qutoing Tim Cook from their January earnings call. Would you prefer I found another link which referenced Tim Cook, just in case AppleInsider got the quote wrong?

Again, the TV/Movie studios have a huge interest in keeping Boxee off products like ATV, and most likely have clauses which allows them to pull their content from iTunes if there is a breach.
post #91 of 123
Quote:

Why don't you read the rest of the article:

"Because of its comparatively high price, staid design, and underwhelming treble response, it's hard to recommend to typical iPod users over Altec's inMotion iM7, Bose's SoundDock, or JBL's On Time for most of their listening purposes. Even Klipsch's iFi has recently fallen in price to as little as $200, making it a comparatively aggressive alternative to iPod Hi-Fi."

I never said it was a great product or worth buying. You simply wouldn't shut up about demanding a source which claimed the Hi-Fi was meant to replace a typical home stereo.
post #92 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

How about providing a source on this claim? Or did you just make it up?

The truth is that Apple (unofficially) pushed the iPod Hi-Fi as "a replacement for your home Stereo" which it certainly could be at the time since the audio quality was equal or better than the average home stereo. Steve Jobs once said about it that "Its really the home stereo reinvented ..." which kind of indicates the same thing. I can't find any info however, that he personally replaced his home equipment with it.

On the other hand, what if he did? Other than a few complaints from audiophiles (and what *don't* those guys complain about), there is no indication that the iPod Hi-Fi was of any worse quality than the average home stereo system, in fact it was a lot better than most.

The central claim being made by Apple at this time was simply that since your music was no longer on your CD's and was instead on your iPod and in iTunes, that having devices around the house to plug your iPod into (or in today's world that stream music from your iPod or iTunes library), was the "home stereo of future." Seems to me that all that is accurate and insightful stuff really.

I have an iPod Hi-Fi and it sounds better than 2 Bose systems and almost as good as a B&O with McIntosh speakers. The iPod HiFi has one advantage over all 3 -- it can be used as an iPod Boom Box. And, yes it does work with the iPhone!
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
post #93 of 123
Quote:

Bogus statictics -"Tripled" means nothing unless you state from what. From 100 to 300? 10 to 30? Get real- seriously -are you that dense?
post #94 of 123
Quote:

I never said it was a great product or worth buying. You simply wouldn't shut up about demanding a source which claimed the Hi-Fi was meant to replace a typical home stereo.

Steve Jobs himself said that- Didn't you read my post and source?
post #95 of 123
Quote:

Bogus statictics -"Tripled" means nothing unless you state from what. From 100 to 300? 10 to 30? Get real- seriously -are you that dense?

No, teckstud, you're the dense one. Anybody with a basic knowledge of analyzing financial performance would much rather see percentage growth year-over-year than simply look at dollar amounts. "But, wait - Microsoft made more dollars in profit than Apple did this quarter, so why is everyone saying they had a bad quarter??" Ummm, because their GROWTH was negative, while Apple had a record quarter.

Go back to swapping infected hard drives at the GeekSquad desk, and leave the financial analysis to the big boys.
post #96 of 123
Quote:

No, teckstud, you're the dense one. Anybody with a basic knowledge of analyzing financial performance would much rather see percentage growth year-over-year than simply look at dollar amounts. "But, wait - Microsoft made more dollars in profit than Apple did this quarter, so why is everyone saying they had a bad quarter??" Ummm, because their GROWTH was negative, while Apple had a record quarter.

Go back to swapping infected hard drives at the GeekSquad desk, and leave the financial analysis to the big boys.

At least blu-ray is actusl.ly backing up their claims with numbers. You refuse to look at actual blu-ray figure$ for 2009 yet take 3 times percentage growth for ATV as actaully meaning something is a hit? And now your bringing Microsoft into this- WTF? You're pathetic. A percentage of what? You are totally Klueless which goes along with your stupid Kool-aid mantra.
As Donald Trump would say- "You're fired."
post #97 of 123
Quote:

At least blu-ray is actusl.ly backing up their claims with numbers. You refuse to look at actual blu-ray figure$ for 2009 yet take 3 times percentage growth for ATV as actaully meaning something is a hit? And now your bringing Microsoft into this- WTF? You're pathetic. A percentage of what? You are totally Klueless which goes along with your stupid Kool-aid mantra.
As Donald Trump would say- "You're fired."

So much to address based on such a short, meaningless post.

a) who is talking about bluray? You said the AppleTV wasn't selling ("not exactly flying off the store shelves"), i said it has sold 300% more this year than last year, which i called "sucessfull, for a nascent hobby category." Did you confuse that for me calling it a "hit"? I'm sorry your reading comprehension isn't up to par for a web forum.

b) i'm not "bringing" microsoft into this as a point of argument. It was clearly an analogy to why pure dollars is less important than growth percentage; which leads me to (c):

c) you clearly know nothing about anything financial, so stick to the sidelines when such topics come up.
post #98 of 123
Its just a generic Copyright disclaimer from Gracenote nothing to do with Apple supporting it. They might however have some kind of ripping of DVD's.
post #99 of 123
Quote:

So much to address based on such a short, meaningless post.

a) who is talking about bluray? You said the AppleTV wasn't selling ("not exactly flying off the store shelves"), i said it has sold 300% more this year than last year, which i called "sucessfull, for a nascent hobby category." Did you confuse that for me calling it a "hit"? I'm sorry your reading comprehension isn't up to par for a web forum.

b) i'm not "bringing" microsoft into this as a point of argument. It was clearly an analogy to why pure dollars is less important than growth percentage; which leads me to (c):

c) you clearly know nothing about anything financial, so stick to the sidelines when such topics come up.

I never said the ApplTV wasn't selling?? I said 3 times percentage increase means nothing without a base comparison. You obviously do not know finance or much anything else- so stop spewing nonsensical statements. Therefore you are not only a liar but also don't know what you are talking about finacial or otherwise - especially as related to the iPod HIFi.
post #100 of 123
Quote:

I never said the ApplTV wasn't selling?? I said 3 times percentage increase means nothing without a base comparison. You obviously do not know finance or much anything else- so stop spewing nonsensical statements. Therefore you are not only a liar but also don't know what you are talking about finacial or otherwise - especially as related to the iPod HIFi.

you're right, it was Hotshot who said they weren't flying off the shelves, so for that i apologize. You still don't know what you're talking about when it comes to finance, and I'll bet my CFA license that i'm correct.
post #101 of 123
DVD cataloging isn't really exciting... neither is BR support. I'd expect both sooner or later anyway.

What would be exciting is if iTunes had built in MP3 tag correction and identification...
post #102 of 123
Quote:

somewhat off-topic, but not totally...I've never seen a Blu-ray movie played on a computer, but I just can't imagine it being so much better than a standard DVD. So many people complain about Apple's lack of Blu-ray support (esp in their notebooks). However, people who have Blu-ray right now are clearly videophiles who probably don't do the majority of their movie-watching on computers. So then, what's the big deal? I wouldn't be surprised if Apple NEVER adopts blu-ray as a standard feature. By the time it becomes mainstream enough, DVD sales will be dropping off considerably more than they already are. Online distribution is clearly the future.

There is so much HD media available to try that you don't have to imagine, you can try it out without having to just blindly speculate.

Downloads may be the future, but on a 1.5Mb down on my connection (which is a fantasy figure, with congestion and other users, can be quite a bit lower real rate at a given moment), it's just not worth clogging the pipe to watch a movie. Maybe if Apple can offer a way to schedule a download during the idle of night so there's no chance of interfering with day & evening use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I have a 32" HDTV and I can see the difference between a good DVD and a HD version of the movie but it's not really that easy.

I own The Unforgiven 2-disc DVD and the HD DVD version and the difference is pretty small.

I have a hard time thinking that it's even a good idea to have an Blue Laser optical drive playing movies on a laptop that has a 17" screen at best.

Keep in mind that it's not about absolute screen size, it's also about field of view. 32" in a standard living room setting is actually pretty small for an HDTV because of how far away people tend to sit from a set. A notebook computer at arm's length is in many cases considerably bigger in terms of field of view.
post #103 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Downloads may be the future, but on a 1.5Mb down on my connection (which is a fantasy figure, with congestion and other users, can be quite a bit lower real rate at a given moment), it's just not worth clogging the pipe to watch a movie. Maybe if Apple can offer a way to schedule a download during the idle of night so there's no chance of interfering with day & evening use.

Is that with cable or DSL? That seems low for either one of these in 2008, unless you are sat or rural.

PS: I just tested my 3G card with AT&T. Anecdotally speaking, I think they have already upped the throughput in many areas as I have noticeable speed increases in many areas of the country. As of a test I just did, I have 2.97Mbps down and 1.23Mbps up with a 74ms ping. (test)
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #104 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Is that with cable or DSL? That seems low for either one of these in 2008, unless you are sat or rural.

PS: I just tested my 3G card with AT&T. Anecdotally speaking, I think they have already upped the throughput in many areas as I have noticeable speed increases in many areas of the country. As of a test I just did, I have 2.97Mbps down and 1.23Mbps up with a 74ms ping. (test)

DSL. I also have fixed installation terrestrial (not sat) wireless internet service using Canopy equipment, but there is no good way to "bond" the connections together for speed. AT&T doesn't offer 3G here, I don't know about Sprint or Verizon. AT&T wouldn't work well with movies anyway if they decide to take their 5GB cap seriously.

It is somewhat rural, but the thing is, I'm only a mile outside the borders of a nearby town. I'm just too far away and the wiring to the CO is a bit too dodgy for 3Mbps.
post #105 of 123
Quote:

DSL. I also have fixed installation terrestrial (not sat) wireless internet service using Canopy equipment, but there is no good way to "bond" the connections together for speed. AT&T doesn't offer 3G here, I don't know about Sprint or Verizon. AT&T wouldn't work well with movies anyway if they decide to take their 5GB cap seriously.

It is somewhat rural, but the thing is, I'm only a mile outside the borders of a nearby town. I'm just too far away and the wiring to the CO is a bit too dodgy for 3Mbps.

I have a bunch of Cisco experience that won't help you without the proper HW or you can build a Unix box that does it. I have a feeling that you have plenty of better things to do.
post #106 of 123
Quote:

I have DSL and pay a pretty penny for premium service through Speakeasy (and Covad), yet I still get slightly less than 1.5mb down and pay over $63 for it.

I've been thinking about switching to Comcast, but I keep reading about bandwidth throttling, shaping, and all sorts of other things that get in the way of 'proper' Internet usage Still, with all the online video I seem to be doing, it would be nice to not have to kick off a download the day before I want to watch a show...
post #107 of 123
Quote:

For many people, you're probably right in that they don't care about not having Blu-ray (vs DVD) when watching video on a small laptop screen, particularly with 24fps movies. I do have to say though that high definition video looks great on my 17" laptop.

That said, I'm sure some people would like the ability to use their laptop with HDMI adapter as a blu-ray player, particularly since a lot of households and many hotels now have HDTVs.
And others, I would imagine, are more interested in having a Blu-ray drive for backing up movies, burning home video or professional projects to disc, distributing or backing up large files, etc.
post #108 of 123
Quote:

I have 1.5 Mbps DSL from AT&T for $25. Not rural, just don't feel like paying more. I guess that is why I've never been a fan of downloading movies.
post #109 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Yes though I was an HD DVD proponent I will openly admit that there is palpable frustration not just from Apple but also from smaller video producers that want to deliver HD content on Blu-ray. The license fee restructure was nice and more work needs to be done so that the needs of the smaller video producer are taken care of.

Though Apple shouldn't be smug about Blu-ray. iTunes is a rousing succes for music but Apple's done bupkiss to help the smaller indie producers who need to give their clients playable HD content and Apple's been suckling from the major distributor teet almost exclusively.

Blu-Ray licensing is still quite restricting/cost-prohibitive for indie and smaller producers/distributors. The process is overly complicated and even a slight change requires purchasing a new key (c.US$1200)... not to mention US$3k straight up for each distributor/producer to register with the B-R Association.
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
post #110 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Blu-Ray licensing is still quite restricting/cost-prohibitive for indie and smaller producers/distributors. The process is overly complicated and even a slight change requires purchasing a new key (c.US$1200)... not to mention US$3k straight up for each distributor/producer to register with the B-R Association.

I've seen similar numbers, though as of NAB, I don't think they've gotten below $3500 to register the business and $1300 per disc. It's not pretty, and I wish that the BDA had been smarter about those requirements, it might have just been a way to try to make it very hard to press pirated media to BD, because all pressed discs had to have a valid AACS key.

With HD DVD, as long as you didn't want to use internet services with the disc, you didn't have to mess with AACS to have a pressed disc run, though that means you're shipping a completely unencrypted disc.
post #111 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

I don't know why I'm surprised at this angry petulant response, but thanks for the reference anyway.

If you have the time to go back and actually read what I said, you will find that I never said the iPod Hi-Fi was "great" or anything of the sort. What I said was the quality of sound it produced was equal to, or better than, the typical home stereo of the time, which it most certainly was.

Products fail for many reasons and the iPod Hi-Fi had many things wrong with it from a design point of view. However, the fact that the audio quality was what I said it was, and that Apple and Jobs' marketing position (that this device could "replace your home stereo"), were reasonable and accurate statements are unassailably, ... true.

Moreover, Jobs strikes me as an aesthete before he's an audiophile. I'm sure he was pleased by the idea of a simple, small, self contained and portable music system. There are legendary stories of him living in his big house with no furniture and eating his vegetarian meals by candlelight.

I don't have any trouble at all believing he ditched his stereo in favor of an iPod Hi-Fi. The sound quality was perfectly fine, if not particularly "high end", and, after all, he's the guy who approved it for manufacture, so it was literally tailor made for his tastes.

As far as it being horrible because it had "thumpy bass", that's a charge that could be leveled at sound systems costing ten times as much.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #112 of 123
Quote:

I'm doing the same thing and I'm up to about 50 movies. It's a daunting task, esp with my *lowly* 1.83ghz MB lol...we'll see how much more I feel like doing this.

I've been using a Powerbook and MBA.

I have to take multi-week breaks
MacBook Pro 17" Glossy 2.93GHz, iPad 64GB, iPhone 4 16GB, and a lot of other assorted goodies.

If you're a troll and you have been slain. Don't be a Zombie.
MacBook Pro 17" Glossy 2.93GHz, iPad 64GB, iPhone 4 16GB, and a lot of other assorted goodies.

If you're a troll and you have been slain. Don't be a Zombie.
post #113 of 123
It's not just the resolution that makes blu-ray better than DVD. They also have way more bitrate than anything downloadable, and more colour depth. It's very obvious to anyone that compares the two side by side. The colours are what make the most difference to me.
post #114 of 123
Quote:

With HD DVD, as long as you didn't want to use internet services with the disc, you didn't have to mess with AACS to have a pressed disc run, though that means you're shipping a completely unencrypted disc.

yes, we were hoping for HD-DVD to either win out or at least run alongside B-R because it was a vastly simpler (and cheaper) system to author and replicate for. ah well.
post #115 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I really don't think you want to do that. I can't imagine how long it will take to back up 50GB of data to an optical drive. After years with computers, I find it really unpractical to do that and it is much easier, safer, and sometimes cheaper to back up to either an external or secondary internal HDD. For me, Time Capsule solved all my archiving and backup problems.

The Drobo has worked really well for me. You have to pony up some cash cause its not cheap but it's been well worth it. I just don't have the time or patience to back up to a optical drive even if its a 50 gb br disk. Plus I have peace of mind.(priceless)
post #116 of 123
Gracenote video is for DVD only maybe...BR would cannibalize apples HD iTunes effort, I seriously doubt they will be offering even a BTO option any time soon, especially not in any of the mobile platforms. Maybe in the MacPro, but not in the consumer products for sure. Just because you find a string in a binary is really a lame excuse to start these rumor threads. Where's the news? \
post #117 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemurray View Post

You all are missing the point. Blu ray discs offer up to 50GB of storage, versus the 4-5GB of a standard, single sided DVD.

Put a Super Duper Drive that can write Blu ray discs and you made archiving and storage a lot easier.

It's not just about watching movies. If it were, you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080i on a screen smaller than 30 inches.

At $40 for 1 BD-R I hardly call that a viable archiving solution. Buy a freakin' 64GB usb stick if you really need that much, you could probably get one for $120 and use it forever. Hell you could probably find 50GB of free storage online. There's a reason Apple doesn't have these drives, and if you really need the archiving you can buy an external one, and we don't all have to help pay for the licensing.
post #118 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrod182 View Post

At $40 for 1 BD-R I hardly call that a viable archiving solution. Buy a freakin' 64GB usb stick if you really need that much, you could probably get one for $120 and use it forever. Hell you could probably find 50GB of free storage online. There's a reason Apple doesn't have these drives, and if you really need the archiving you can buy an external one, and we don't all have to help pay for the licensing.

Newegg sells the Single 50GB Verbatim BD-R for $21.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817130051

The 10-pack 25GB Verbatim BD-R for $64.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817130047
post #119 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Newegg sells the Single 50GB Verbatim BD-R for $21.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817130051

The 10-pack 25GB Verbatim BD-R for $64.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817130047

That makes it $260 for one 1 TB, still more expensive than a hard drive (and much less convenient).
post #120 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirdesir View Post

That makes it $260 for one 1 TB, still more expensive than a hard drive (and much less convenient).

Slower to read and write. Can't be written to again. It's not uncommon to have write errors if they are for data which means they have to be scrapped. And that doesn't include the burner cost or the fact that this can't be done while using battery effectively on notebooks. The only thing it has going for it is being resistant to EMPs.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes 8.2 beta hints at support of Gracenote's video platform