or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Worst (First 100) Days Ever

The Worst (First 100) Days Ever - Page 2

post #41 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

He had problems with and without teleprompters.

Yeah, but they made for great laughs, check out the Google link.
post #42 of 220
There are some teachers of English here in Japan who used GW speeches to test their student's proof-reading abilities; they had to edit them first so they were at least comprehensible. Obama's on the other hand, are used as is for fluency practice.

A small part of me misses GW; he sure provided entertainment.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #43 of 220
Friendly Reminder: this topic is about Barack Hussein Obama.

...who apparently can do no wrong...

...being the messiah and all.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #44 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

...who apparently can do no wrong...

...being the messiah and all.

Didn't a serf bring up a teleprompter quip?

A quip for a quip.
post #45 of 220
Quote:

Maybe you didn't get the memo. If someone questions or criticizes Obama, the response is "George Bush". Heck, even Obama is in on that game.
post #46 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Didn't a serf bring up a teleprompter quip?

A quip for a quip.

Obama uses a teleprompter, does he not? In fact, he is utterly lost without it, is he not?

post #47 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Maybe you didn't get the memo. If someone questions or criticizes Obama, the response is "George Bush". Heck, even Obama is in on that game.

Could you forward that memo to me? The one I got must be outdated. It just says the response to any criticism of Obama should be: "RACIST!"

post #48 of 220

Thanks, I was a bit busy this morning, otherwise ... \
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #49 of 220
It depends on the motivation for the criticism of Obama. If it is from people trying to get the Republican losers back in power after they spent 8 years ruining the country, they screw them! We don't need a bunch of spin, and we don't want any of the old Republicans back in power, ever.

If it is criticism that Obama deserves, on the other hand, then fine. I don't think he is doing right by the Chrysler bondholders, for example.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #50 of 220
Quote:

Could you forward that memo to me? The one I got must be outdated. It just says the response to any criticism of Obama should be: "RACIST!"

This just pertains to rightwingextremistnutjobs who are considered a tiny minority, your middle of the road stance doesn't have anyone concernedhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-wing-radicals
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #51 of 220
Quote:

Obama uses a teleprompter, does he not? In fact, he is utterly lost without it, is he not?

He uses it, yes, lost without it, I don't think so.
Reading a prepared speech, being prepared for questions from the press when everyone waits for what you say and ready to pounce.
Teleprompter or paper, it's called being prepared as best you can.

I've seen him in a group setting answering questions while walking around and winging it without a problem.
Bush? Most of the Letterman gaffes were in the same type of setting, with a screened audience.

Compared to Bush who sometimes didn't even know where he was.

Compared to Bush who needed a, phonetic teleprompter
post #52 of 220
Quote:

Had to check out the original. Cuckoo.

I am just loving how the far right is self destructing. Rush Limbaugh should seriously start his own party. Some on this forum would no doubt follow him.

I hope this becomes the worst 8 years ever for them. Too funny.

Then the wolf was very angry indeed, and declared he would eat up the little pig, and that he would get down the chimney after him. When the little pig saw what he was about, he hung on the pot full of water, and made up a blazing fire, and, just as the wolf was coming down, took off the cover, and in fell the wolf; so the little pig put on the cover again in an instant, boiled him up, and ate him for supper, and lived happy ever afterwards.
post #53 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh View Post

Then the wolf was very angry indeed, and declared he would eat up the little pig, and that he would get down the chimney after him. When the little pig saw what he was about, he hung on the pot full of water, and made up a blazing fire, and, just as the wolf was coming down, took off the cover, and in fell the wolf; so the little pig put on the cover again in an instant, boiled him up, and ate him for supper, and lived happy ever afterwards.

Fox News reporting. If a fox where a wolf that is, silly me!! - looks down in shame, and blames lack of sleep.
post #54 of 220
Can I play, too?

*looks for a good Huffington Post article to put those Republicans in their place*

post #55 of 220
Quote:

Obama uses a teleprompter, does he not?

It was a good invention. Everybody uses it. Brilliant!

Quote:
In fact, he is utterly lost without it, is he not?

Not.

Slow day at free republic eh?
post #56 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

It depends on the motivation for the criticism of Obama. If it is from people trying to get the Republican losers back in power after they spent 8 years ruining the country, they screw them! We don't need a bunch of spin, and we don't want any of the old Republicans back in power, ever.

If it is criticism that Obama deserves, on the other hand, then fine. I don't think he is doing right by the Chrysler bondholders, for example.

I agree.

Don't know enough about the Chrysler part to comment, but the rest of your post is spot on.
post #57 of 220
Quote:

I don't think he is doing right by the Chrysler bondholders, for example.

In what way?
post #58 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

In what way?

Obama is screwing the secured bondholders, trying to give more money to the UAW than they deserve, which is why no deal was reached and Chrysler is in chapter 11.

Now that they are in chapter 11, the sale of assets to Fiat is a 2nd attempt at screwing the secured bondholders.

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/0...ndholders.html
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #59 of 220
Quote:

Obama is screwing the secured bondholders, trying to give more money to the UAW than they deserve, which is why no deal was reached and Chrysler is in chapter 11.

Now that they are in chapter 11, the sale of assets to Fiat is a 2nd attempt at screwing the secured bondholders.

Got it. But this is pretty much his M.O. since walking into office. He's a command and control kind of guy. He's going to twist and shape and force things into his image of how they should be, existing contractual agreements or the rule of law be damned. I think we'll see more if it. If the economy doesn't rebound any time soon and the banks aren't lending money like they "should" watch for another round of hands on arm twisting and shaping things the way he wants them to be. Wait until the states don't do what he wants them to do with the money.
post #60 of 220
Quote:

It was a good invention. Everybody uses it. Brilliant!

Not.

Slow day at free republic eh?

With such witty retorts, you must be right. Left. Whatever.

post #61 of 220
post #62 of 220
Tell me, Obama apologistis, do you agree with EVERYTHING Obama has done in his first 100 days?

If not, please elaborate.

post #63 of 220
Do Bush supporters agree with everything GW did over the 8 years he was in office?

Most people never agree 100% with anybody in their entire lives; part of being human. If they did, life would be very dull... Borg-like.

post #64 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Do Bush supporters agree with everything GW did over the 8 years he was in office?

Most people never agree 100% with anybody in their entire lives; part of being human. If they did, life would be very dull... Borg-like.

Thank you for the insight. What are some specific things about Obama's first 100 days that you don't like?

post #65 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Presidency of George W. Bush

From the wiki linkie:

On January 15, 2009, Bush gave a nationally televised farewell address in the East Room of the White House. He defended many of his decisions and cited the fact that he had kept the country safe since September 11, 2001 as a major accomplishment. Bush stated that "I have always acted with the best interests of our country in mind. I have followed my conscience and done what I thought was right." He also said that the United States must continue promoting human liberty, human rights, and human dignity around the world. One of his final lines was "We have faced danger and trial, and there's more ahead. But with the courage of our people and confidence in our ideals, this great nation will never tire, never falter and never fail."[53][54]

But torture was OK.

Heck of a job you did, Dubya.

post #66 of 220
Apparently torture was okay for Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats, too.

post #67 of 220

gotta get some sleep

post #68 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yeah Floorjack, give the man some time. I mean he might need a year or two to quadruple or quintuple the debt as opposed to only doubling it in 100 days.

Sheesh man... you are so impatient!11!!1

You kinow you're probably right! I mean it's all relative. Bush took what? 6 months to go through the surplus from Clinton!

Although it did take him a long time ( 3 years ) to rack up mountains of debt and start an unnecessary war ( which of course racked up more mountains of debt ).

He really didn't do the " Let's let the market run on it's own and deregulate until later.

And only two recessions in 8 years ( although this one's kind of special ).
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #69 of 220
Quote:

With such witty retorts, you must be right.

Thanks. Just as much as the comment they were a reply to deserved. Almost. I knew you'd like it though.

"Obama apologists". Great way to get a conversation started. Brilliant.
post #70 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Because as an alternative to sitting on his thumbs someone had to do something about the economy. Will it work over the long haul? That remains to be seen. But you won't see it in 100 days or even 200. It took far longer than that to make this mess.

There's lots of alternatives other than pulling out the government credit card and spending like it's 1999.
post #71 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You kinow you're probably right! I mean it's all relative. Bush took what? 6 months to go through the surplus from Clinton!

Although it did take him a long time ( 3 years ) to rack up mountains of debt and start an unnecessary war ( which of course racked up more mountains of debt ).

He really didn't do the " Let's let the market run on it's own and deregulate until later.

And only two recessions in 8 years ( although this one's kind of special ).

How can someone criticize Bush for messing up the economy by spending and racking up debt and support Obama in his efforts to stimulate the economy by spending and racking up debt?
post #72 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

How can someone criticize Bush for messing up the economy by spending and racking up debt and support Obama in his efforts to stimulate the economy by spending and racking up debt?

Because it's doing something about it. Even Paul Krugman says it's a step in the right direction just not enough.

I really haven't heard any solutions from the republican side that aren't the same things that got us here in the first place.
post #73 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

There's lots of alternatives other than pulling out the government credit card and spending like it's 1999.

Not according to Paul Krugman. But tell me how would you handle this?
post #74 of 220
Yea, Obama is FAR worse than Bush, who lied us into a deadly war, tortured, allowed corporations to raid the U.S. Treasure, brought on the worse economy in nearly 100 years, etc. etc. etc.

Some people are so blinded by ideology and bigotry.
post #75 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post

Some people are so blinded by ideology and bigotry.

Some people aren't.

post #76 of 220
Quote:

Some people aren't.

True. Some people are just stupid.
post #77 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Some spending stimulates the economy and some doesn't. Tax cuts to the rich... doesn't. An unecessary war... doesn't.
post #78 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post

True. Some people are just stupid.

Some people aren't.

post #79 of 220
Quote:

Some people aren't.

Some people aren't Republicans or Libertarians or "The 'Ignore the spirit of the constitution for the sematics of it' Bible Thumping Party".
post #80 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Some people aren't Republicans or Libertarians or "The 'Ignore the spirit of the constitution for the sematics of it' Bible Thumping Party".

Some people actually believe in and respect diversity.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Worst (First 100) Days Ever