or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Microsoft ups cash limit, takes aim at MacBook Pros in new ad

Microsoft ups cash limit, takes aim at MacBook Pros in new ad - Page 4

post #121 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1974 View Post

If she was really a professional filmmaker:

1) She would not be buying her own PC, her employer/company would
2) Her budget would certainly not be limited to $2000. You cannot make competitive professional work on that budget, not with a PC or even a Mac (not so sure about this last one)
3) She'd know a little better about the differences in hardware between a MBP and her HP

==> She is a filmmaker enthusiast. And that explains her choice...

Excellent post.
post #122 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Interesting! So there is no worthwhile market for super expensive, ultra-thin BRDs that are slower than the fat, cheap tray loading drives found in your typical notebook? You'd think that if Apple didn't supply them that 3rd-parties would jump at the chance to sell these drives. You'd also think that more than one a single company with a single press release of these prototype drives would exist.

PS: It's common sense, not cleverness. You can't bitch about a device not be offered by a PC vendor when you can't even find a 3rd-party vendor that makes one.

Have you seen the PC laptops in these ads? They're all 1.5 to 2 inches thick. That's why the market for 9.5mm drives is so miniscule, unless someone like Apple is asking for one (which they haven't been, because they want you to spend all of your money at the iTunes Store). That said, there are 12.5mm drives available, and 1.3" laptops with Blu-Ray burners/players; maybe Apple should consider not making their laptops so thin they can't offer the same capabilities as their competitors.
post #123 of 506
Alright, lets do a price point comparison.

From Best Buy (and we all know we can find better deals)
HP HDX 16: $1,149.99
Minuses: Screen size, DDR2.
Add: $110 for Sony Vegas/ACID for iLife like compatibility. Use Picassa and other free tools to replace iPhoto, iWeb. You can find free AV online too to protect yourself. AVG, Comodo, etc...
Total: $1260 (Add 150 for OS X if we wanted a hackintosh: $1410)

From Apple (and we all know that you can't find a better price that doesn't involve rebates)
MacBook Pro Basic: $2000
Pluses: Screen, DDR3, OS X.
Minus: $80 for iLife (to make comparable to Windows PCs with out that software)
Add: $30 for additional 2GB Ram upgrade. $90 for HDD upgrade to 500gb (assuming we do these upgrades ourselves)
Total: $2040

So yeah... I dunno. Remember, Macs and PCs use the exact same internals! Is your Apple really worth 700 dollars more? To me it isn't. $700 for a label and a sexy case. Keep in mind, I won't buy an HP either. If I were to buy a real laptop: Lenovo. Those are some durable machines!
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
"I aim to misbehave"
post #124 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

http://blogs.digitalmediaonlineinc.c...erse/entry/529

LOL, sure you are.

A new version being released does not automatically mean it'll be anything significant. The evolution of the Final Cut Studio suite has gone from break-neck speeds to a slow crawl ever since Apple started being more interested in selling consumers movies instead of helping professionals make them.
post #125 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bauer View Post

Have you seen the PC laptops in these ads? They're all 1.5 to 2 inches thick.

Thank you for validating my point as to why BRDs are not possible or viable in Mac notebooks.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #126 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnairmedia View Post

I just want to comment on the first paragraph... in the ad she says that she is a filmmaker, filmmakers DO NOT use ANY of the consumer tools packaged with OSX. The fact comes to this: she will have to purchase a software package of some kind. Either Final Cut Studio ($1499) or something like Sony Vegas ($549). The "out of box" HD editing tools can't support a lot of the industry standards and the DVD authoring tools "out of box" on a mac is a JOKE! For the average latte sipping, hippy "filmmaker"... a Macbook will work for them. Most of us REAL filmmakers are moving back to the PC because Apple is not pushing anything forward on their platform (in terms of Final Cut Studio).

So then what are you using? Avid? Premier? Since you're a real film maker, I'm assuming you're involved in post production, in which case you will know that the only truth to all of this is to make sure that whatever you do is interoperable with other users who typically use Avid and Final Cut today.

If you're independent, then whatever you use doesn't matter. This PC vs Apple thing is nonsense and if you are successful using Windows Media Composer, then more power to you.
post #127 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

I met my wife twice before we "officially met." We took no notice of each other the first two times and only realized they existed when talking later, well into our relationship. But, after I became a Mac owner we met a third time and the rest is history.
Coincidence!? I think NOT!

Now THAT is a great pitch for an Apple commercial!!
post #128 of 506
Quote:

I just want to comment on the first paragraph... in the ad she says that she is a filmmaker, filmmakers DO NOT use ANY of the consumer tools packaged with OSX. The fact comes to this: she will have to purchase a software package of some kind. Either Final Cut Studio ($1499) or something like Sony Vegas ($549). The "out of box" HD editing tools can't support a lot of the industry standards and the DVD authoring tools "out of box" on a mac is a JOKE! For the average latte sipping, hippy "filmmaker"... a Macbook will work for them. Most of us REAL filmmakers are moving back to the PC because Apple is not pushing anything forward on their platform (in terms of Final Cut Studio).

And your probably the wanker who made Gigli!
post #129 of 506
Yawn.
post #130 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhayes117 View Post

Clearly this young lady didn't bother to read the most recent Consumer Reports before she went shopping. CR has a big article on buying a laptop computer. Apple MacBooks and MacBook Pros were #1 in every category and they were the only company that was Red (above average +) in reliablilty in every category.

If this were all legit, I wonder how many $1ks MS would have to give away before they actually found a "hunter" that actually bought a PC...?

That doesn't matter, it's all about the price, everything is irrelevant, we should make all decisions in life based on price.
post #131 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bauer View Post

You know, if Apple wants to respond to these ads in a meaningful way, how about they just stop skimping on features and shut them the hell up? Truth be told, it is ridiculous that their $2,000 "Pro" laptop doesn't come standard with 4GB of memory (piss on these ads however for ignoring the fact that it's only a $60 upgrade). How about Blu-Ray playback in a $1,500 laptop? Everyone else has it.

Everyone?
post #132 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

[...]
So yeah... I dunno. Remember, Macs and PCs use the exact same internals! Is your Apple really worth 700 dollars more? To me it isn't. $700 for a label and a sexy case. Keep in mind, I won't buy an HP either. If I were to buy a real laptop: Lenovo. Those are some durable machines!

No, they don't. You didn't even account for the $150 price difference in the CPU, but why would you when they "use the exact same internals". The same company, Intel, designs the CPUs but since when does having the same company name on an item mean that they are same product. Then there are the component and R&D costs for the newer RAM and the extra shrinkage and consolidation, etc.

If you can even see that the CPU is a different clockspeeds (not even talking about the architecture, L2, FSB, etc.) you can't begin to make a fair comparison. However, you do represent the majority of people who buy computers.

PS: Lenovos are nice, but I recommend Asus to most people I know that want non-Mac notebooks. They make a solid machine that tends to get you more bang for your buck.
post #133 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxndc View Post

I registered just to respond to this. Are you serious?? NO ONE knows the difference between DDR2 and DDR3, except MAYBE people that post on boards like this. People plunk down $2000 for a computer all the time without knowing what is inside it other than asking "will it be fast enough for me."

You have serious delusions of the computer proficiency and tech savvy of the "average" user if you think they have any clue about the type of RAM in their computer.

-p-

So does that mean we shouldn't mention it is a point for the Mac?
post #134 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

With all this bashing of how much memory a 32-bit MS-Windows can access, does anyone have a good reference as to how much memory can be accessed by MacOS X 10.5?

From what I understand MacOS X 10.5 on a 64-bit processor is a 32-bit/64-bit hybrid: the OS is 64-bit, but any userland process is 32-bit. Can anyone elaborate?

check out this series of articles by Daniel Eran Dilger:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...e_64_bits.html
post #135 of 506
Quote:

About $549 (link) if you buy Sony Vegas directly from Sony's site (you may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere. So... let's do a little price breakdown.

PC Route: According to Microsoft's site, the computer is $1049.99 = Software... $549.49= $1598.99 If I were her, I'd go to the 7 Beta and use that instead of Vista and then buy 7 once it's released (I've been testing 7 with Vegas after using OSX with Final Cut Pro) so assuming that the price of upgrading isn't going to move much between Vista and 7... $239.99 http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Vista-...dp_ob_title_sw. So her final price is $1838.98

Mac Route: $1999 for MacBook Pro + $1499 for Final Cut Studio (do not bring up that joke Final Cut Express... it does not handle all of the same codecs that Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas can do.) = $3498.

Would you like to allaborate on the "add to price" that PCs bring? I've been an editor for about 8 years now on the OSX+Final Cut platform and I have now moved to the PC platform. I'm saving money and getting better turn around time in my business.

I'm a PC and I'm a video editor/filmmaker/Local TV producer.

Yay!

So it looks like you beat me to the punch on the price points before I went to a meeting. I was in the Apple arena in school for film using Final Cut. Now I am working on Avid on a PC, and I did the same when I worked for NBC. The industry is changing to the PC in terms of video editing because of price mainly, and 3rd party add-ons. Harris/Leitch video servers? Ross and Grass Valley video consoles... all hook into Avid. All on PCs from the studios I saw.

Actually, the coolest bit was when I was an editor, I could be rendering the clip while editing it at the same time, and on top of that, the video board could play the clip AS it was being rendered, not after. Sometimes I had edits that were done 30 seconds before they were aired. Hectic, but really cool for that down to the wire situations. I want to see Final Cut do that!

Business uses PC in the video/TV field.
Independent/Film uses Mac most of the time.
"I aim to misbehave"
"I aim to misbehave"
post #136 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxndc View Post

I registered just to respond to this. Are you serious?? NO ONE knows the difference between DDR2 and DDR3, except MAYBE people that post on boards like this. People plunk down $2000 for a computer all the time without knowing what is inside it other than asking "will it be fast enough for me."

You have serious delusions of the computer proficiency and tech savvy of the "average" user if you think they have any clue about the type of RAM in their computer.

-p-

Agreed. I sure didn't. People who post on boards like this (well the majority) are probably in the 1% or 2% most tech savvy. Then there's others like you and I.

I just like Macs. I am not into tech talk
post #137 of 506
The thing I despise most about these commercials is at the end when they say "I'm a PC". It is so ridiculous to claim that you are a computer. You are not a computer, idiot. You are a human being!
post #138 of 506
Quote:

The Mac used to be unmatched for years... but Windows 7 is really going to give Apple a run for it's money. You Obviously have an extreme bias... the machine she picked up was really a decent machine and doesn't have the cost near to the Mac route (buying Final Cut Pro). I'm a filmmaker and have been using Macs for 8 years... but I've been very disappointed in the current direction of the company as of late. I wouldn't be so cocky about the superiority of macs... those days are gone.

Just like Vista was supposed to give Apple a run for it's money?
post #139 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

That doesn't matter, it's all about the price, everything is irrelevant, we should make all decisions in life based on price.

I did that once, in my youth, with car insurance. Went to an underwriter who found me the cheapest option. It was so much lower than the All State I had started with and that my father told me to get. I finally was in an accident, not my fault but they didn't have insurance. Took over 6 months to get the car repaired as the insurance company had to send out a rep to okay new repairs for what couldn't be seen and they only did that once every week or two. They also tried so many ways to not pay the medical and car rental bills. To a point that it was stressful and anti-productive to fight with them. Years later, back with All State, a similar occurrence happened again. It was a simple process and well worth the extra money I was paying.
post #140 of 506
Thats hilarious... "The commercial, which can be seen below, ends before Sheila can begin her search for a viable video editing application to cut her video."

Well in Windows defense you get a bunch of free software such as 60-day trials for anti-virus programs that will provide you with continuous pop-up reminders until you buy, and 60-day trials of MS Office. And if it's an HP you get a list of about 20 boring games that you have to individually purchase to play and if you want to uninstall them, you have to do it one by one. Windows is also really user-friendly because they make sure you know what you are doing by popping up reminders that you must accept like 3 times before you can proceed... the screen even blacks out for a second to really make sure they got your attention (because you are probably already halfway asleep when you were waiting for whatever you clicked to load).
post #141 of 506
Quote:

The Mac used to be unmatched for years... but Windows 7 is really going to give Apple a run for it's money. You Obviously have an extreme bias... the machine she picked up was really a decent machine and doesn't have the cost near to the Mac route (buying Final Cut Pro). I'm a filmmaker and have been using Macs for 8 years... but I've been very disappointed in the current direction of the company as of late. I wouldn't be so cocky about the superiority of macs... those days are gone.

Ok Ballimer.

Quote:

Not the "real" filmmakers I work with. You have a choice, and you've chosen PC, but you're trolling here. Both can be useful in their own ways. I find the mac superior, and so do most of the creative pros I work with, and that's our opinion and you have yours.
post #142 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

The HDX 16 ships with the 64 bit version of Windows. It can utilize up to 8Gb.

It's actually a very nice machine. No glossy screen, a number pad on the keyboard, HDMI out, memory card slot. The RAM is a little slower, but it's also a LOT less expensive. If it ran OS X, I'd much rather have the HDX 16 than a Macbook Pro. It's nearly the same on the specs it shares, and has extra features that the Macbook does not, for half the price.

if it ran os x duh
thats the whole point
the hp may seem ok .. >
until you spend days getting rid of the bloat ware and un-installing vista or installing vista
more days getting some odd movie software getting up and running
all the while fighting off cold's viruses
you then wonder why nothing seems to work . the printer doesn't print
on and on
cool .. you finally make a movie . looks so good . and then crash .. all you data
is gone . you then make you 5 th tech support call in a week ...welcome to the 20 yr old wintel world .

by the way my movie i made on my newly opened mac book 13 in was done in 3 hrs from scratch including .
song clips from my music itunes file
photo's from my iphoto files
all of these things and more synced from the start

yes yes you may be a computer geek dude who can get a wintel box to work fast . sadly ypu are only one out of 99 who is not screwed badly by the windows world

my first fraking post
urgg
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #143 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

So does that mean we shouldn't mention it is a point for the Mac?

It is a point, but more for battery usage than additional performance, but it is an impossible sell to people that have no knowledge of even the basics of computers. Getting into RAM variances is too advanced. If you can't easily market it the average is not going to care or understand, which is why I think the Apple Stores have done more advancing Mac sales than anything else. You can't explain why it's a better experience until you try it.
post #144 of 506
Sheila: "It only has 2GB... of RAM"

Guess she's not "cool enough" to inexpensively upgrade it herself or venture onto the Apple online store.

The software of course is another huge factor, and Windows isn't helping themselves by only showing one side of the coin.

-Nathanael... I'm a Mac, and I'm a satisfied artist.
32GB iPod Touch 1G
Also work off of a 20" - 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 750GB iMac
32GB iPod Touch 1G
Also work off of a 20" - 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 750GB iMac
post #145 of 506
Why oh why must all these PC people end up with HPs? The chick walked right past a Toshiba. When she asked if the graphics card was gonna be fast enough, the sales dude says, uhhuh. As commercials go, it is just like the rest, pretty dumb. The chick is sorta cute, just as they planned. She is dressed to look like someone who wants to attend UC Berkeley, but can't afford it. From a pure sexist standpoint, nice enough legs, but no brain. Did I mention she walked right past, and even looked at the Toshiba? If she is a real film maker, she already has a Mac Pro. If she is your basic You Tuber, then the HP might do. The Apple ads are much better and get the job done in only 30 seconds. Much easier on the pocketbook when you are in the market to actually put the spots on TV. On the down side, Apple simply won't put their name on something average. If needed, I could use Windows, but enjoy OS X much more. It is unfortunate Apple doesn't built something middle of the road, so more people can afford to enter the wonderful world of Mac OS. I won't say "once you get Mac OS, you won't go back." I will admit, most will not want to without kicking and screaming.
post #146 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleGuy'91 View Post

Sheila: "It only has 2GB... of RAM"

Guess she's not "cool enough" to inexpensively upgrade it herself or venture onto the Apple online store.

Or knowledgeable enough? Mac OS X runs great on 2GB and it's more than enough for most and it's simple and cheap to install, but the average person doesn't know that. They only know that this has 2 and this 4.
post #147 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

From Best Buy (and we all know we can find better deals)
HP HDX 16: $1,149.99
Minuses: Screen size, DDR2.
Add: $110 for Sony Vegas/ACID for iLife like compatibility. Use Picassa and other free tools to replace iPhoto, iWeb. You can find free AV online too to protect yourself. AVG, Comodo, etc...
Total: $1260 (Add 150 for OS X if we wanted a hackintosh: $1410)

From Apple (and we all know that you can't find a better price that doesn't involve rebates)
MacBook Pro Basic: $2000
Pluses: Screen, DDR3, OS X.
Minus: $80 for iLife (to make comparable to Windows PCs with out that software)
Add: $30 for additional 2GB Ram upgrade. $90 for HDD upgrade to 500gb (assuming we do these upgrades ourselves)
Total: $2040

All new Mac's come with iLife pre-installed. You don't need to buy it again.
post #148 of 506
Quote:

Excellent post.

Thank you, Quadra 610.
"Living in a Windows-free home"

MacBook 2.2GHz - 2GB - 160GB
iPhone 3G 16GB
Airport Extreme
Long time .Mac user
"Living in a Windows-free home"

MacBook 2.2GHz - 2GB - 160GB
iPhone 3G 16GB
Airport Extreme
Long time .Mac user
post #149 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by modular View Post

its shocking how deceiving these commercials are

The spots aren't deceiving, they're "deceptive". I don't believe anyone has been deceived aside from the account exec in Redmond who approved this "screw the public at any cost" jerkoff ad campaign.
post #150 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmelvin View Post

He removed the $80 from the $2000 price of the MBP because Windows doesn't ship with a similar product.
post #151 of 506
Quote:

Makes no difference, really.

Blu ray physical media is a dying technology. It was intrduced too late. The future (and ever-growing in the present) will be AppleTV-like devices that access online HD content. Wetstern Digital and Popcorn Hour already provide some of these solutions, though not every one includes wireless.

Blu ray players and Blu ray physical, movable media will soon be obsolete. It will go the way of physical sofware media. We get everything online now, donwnloaded. Just look at the App Store. That's the future, and it's already happening.

Yea, ok. Very few people I know have an Apple TV, and those who do say it's been mediocre at best and limited in functionality. Moreover, sorry to disappoint your ego, but Blu ray devices aren't going anywhere. They are the next logical step of read/write technology, as there are inherent limits to red laser devices. Same goes for Blue ray discs as opposed to other storage mediums. There will always be a need for physical storage mediums at even higher densities. The venerable CD is still around, and DVDs are alive and well too, so I would expect Blu ray discs to be prevalent for many years to come. Stop letting Apple's strange disdain for Blu ray cloud your judgment of the Blu ray medium.
post #152 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

the hp may seem ok .. >
until you spend days getting rid of the bloat ware and un-installing vista or installing vista
more days getting some odd movie software getting up and running
all the while fighting off cold's viruses
you then wonder why nothing seems to work . the printer doesn't print
on and on
cool .. you finally make a movie . looks so good . and then crash .. all you data
is gone . you then make you 5 th tech support call in a week ...welcome to the 20 yr old wintel world .

My wife has an HP laptop, and none of the things you list apply to it in the slightest. Software set-up took a couple of minutes, Norton AV was included, it prints over my Airport Extreme network without any issues. Unfortunately it runs Windows, so I'll stick to my iMac thank you very much, but she's very happy.
post #153 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

They are the next logical step of [optical] technology, as there are inherent limits to red laser devices.

I corrected that for you.
post #154 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I corrected that for you.

Why thank you Sol. Yes, that's what I was getting at. My grammatical fortitude is not at its best today
post #155 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

she can play left4dead on it.

I play left4dead on my macbook pro all the time. it runs it better than my friend's $2500 dell gaming laptop even though his hardware is slightly better. it's not worth using in an ad, but the fact that dual booting windows on a mac keeps xp/win7 REALLY clean and in its best shape (since it doesn't accumulate frequent use decay that windows does) makes a noticeable difference when gaming.
post #156 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmelvin View Post

I was subtracting it from the price to dumb it down to windows, not adding.
"I aim to misbehave"
"I aim to misbehave"
post #157 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

My wife has an HP laptop [...] but she's very happy.

And that is all that matters.
post #158 of 506
These ads are effective, kudos to Microsoft. They reflect what I thought prior to switching to a Mac, and I think a lot of people think the same way. However, after trying a mac many people would see them in a different light. That is what Apple should focus on, they can't win a pricepoint war.

Weight, thickness, case material, ram type, backlighting type, light sensors, illuminated keyboards, slot loading drives, multi-touch trackpads, etc do not show up in a pricepoint comparision but they do add cost and they certainly add value. Apple specializes in the end user experience and it shows in the OS, the software, the hardware, and in the integration between all of those. Apple stores are successful because people can try out the hardware. I think Apple should focus on the user experience and promoting the Apple stores in their ads, that is where their strengths lie. Of course Apple gets a lot of free advertising, one of my friends got a mac, then I did, then 4 other friends did. I doubt many people use their friends HP and say "I have to get one".
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
post #159 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakorai View Post

Both machines suck for the money, though for free you can't beat that!

She SHOULD have bought an ASUS. I am very disappointed that the Fry's staff didn't sell her on an ASUS, which kills HP and Apple in performance and specs. Frys sells an extensive line of ASUS laptops.

Maybe she should have bought this model instead: ASUS G50V-XT

Faster CPU, Much better video card, 15", 7200 RPM hard drive, Expresscard/54 and a non-soldered CPU and battery..... $1299. Destroys the Macbook Pro in specs, except no multitouch touchpad (which trackpads suck anyway), no magsafe power connector and it's not alunimum. It does have a backlit keyboard though and it's $800 cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220483

The Macbook Pro (hardware wised) is overpriced by a significant margin. She can just use Boot 132 and run OSX. There is support built into the OS for the 9800, as machines running EFI-X can run a 9800GT PCI-E video card with no issues.

Dude...have you checked the reviews on that thing? No less than 7 out of the 61 (11.5%) had it DOA or had major issues right out of the box. I didn't bother to count, but many of the 4 and 5 star reviews had issues with the speakers not working, or having to reinstall the OS within the first couple of weeks. With issues like that, I'm not sure why they would rate it a 4 or a 5?

I don't care how good the specs are on that thing, if it doesn't consistently work, I'm not buying. What a headache of a computer to own.

I've had exactly zero issues with my Macbook since I purchased in October. These people surpassed that number when they tried to turn it on!
post #160 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Why thank you Sol. Yes, that's what I was getting at. My grammatical fortitude is not at its best today

The AppleTV is great at what it was meant to do. It's a very easy to use media extender appliance, but it certainly does lack in many areas if you want higher quality video and audio. I'd guess that the next version will be able to push 1080p, though the iTS won't carry it and even if they did the bitrate would still be well below that of an HD optical format. But it is an option and one that my parents find simple to use, convenient and of good enough quality to when they miss a TV Show or want to watch a movie.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Microsoft ups cash limit, takes aim at MacBook Pros in new ad