or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › How do I remove subtitles from a video file?

How do I remove subtitles from a video file?

post #1 of 3
I have a .avi file, but it has subtitles. Im on a mac 10.4.11, so how do I remove the subtitles from the video??? Like what application should I get to use to remove the subtitles?
post #2 of 3
open the avi file in VLC
( if you dont already have this app - it can be downloaded for free from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html )

- go to the video tab in the menu bar - scroll down to subtitles track and disable. you will have to do this each time you watch. it does not remove the hardcoded subtitles from the movie - just gives you the ablility to watch without them.
post #3 of 3
I also have this problem and its really annoying me.
I managed to find really rare movie but it has norwegian subs hardcoded (who does that anyway)
and movie is japanese... When i insert english subs they mesh together! I know that hardcod subs can be blured but only programs (or plug-ins) are for PC, so I was wondering does anybody know a
similar program for Mac?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › How do I remove subtitles from a video file?