or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.7, Safari 3.2.3 & 4.0 beta update

Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.7, Safari 3.2.3 & 4.0 beta update - Page 2

post #41 of 146
So they didn't fix the Mail sound issue? I suppose my experience in the coming days will tell me that...
post #42 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Just bizarre results like 1 euro equals .134 euros. How could they let it out the door with such wacky behavior?

Hey, man! Don't blame Apple on this! It's the exchange rates these days you know
post #43 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorre View Post

So they didn't fix the Mail sound issue? I suppose my experience in the coming days will tell me that...

I wasn't aware there was a mail sound issue. Mine works fine....

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

post #44 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I wasn't aware there was a mail sound issue. Mine works fine....

I had this problem, too. If you have a personalized sound that is not on the list the sound won't always play.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #45 of 146
Hey just a heads up -- Safari 3.2.3 is included in the 10.5.7 Update and not "separately" as you have on the AI site as quoted below. I just did software update and my Safari was updated without me doing anything other than the 10.5.7 update.

"Separately, Apple on Tuesday also released Safari 3.2.3, which addresses security issues with the web browser. The update is available as a 40MB download for Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard, a 26.29MB download for Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger, and a 19.69 download for Windows XP and Vista."trhe
post #46 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Studios View Post

I'm downloading now! Damn this is huge and slow! I let you know if compatible with Safari 4 Beta!

You should be prompted (after installing 10.5.7), to install or re-install the Safari beta. It worked fine after that for me.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
post #47 of 146
Updated fine here, everything running smoothly. Then again I've never had any issues at all with any OS X update.
post #48 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by random bob, a.r.c. View Post

squeak squeak
post #49 of 146
I wonder if this will fix the colour shifting issue with the new 24" LED Cinema Displays, or if indeed they are all faulty?
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
post #50 of 146
saft got borked for me after the update.
post #51 of 146
Energy Saver icon in System Prefs finally got changed to the twisty fluorescent bulb version.
post #52 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Energy Saver icon in System Prefs finally got changed to the twisty fluorescent bulb version.

Not for me it didn't.
post #53 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakie View Post

saft and smart scroll both got borked for me after the update.

My Safari hacks were all okay as was AdBlocker.
post #54 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

No twisty fluorescent bulb icon for me. Everything else went smoothly. I guess the upgrade knows I don't have any fluorescent bulbs in the place. he he
post #55 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrihans View Post

Cannot install OS update (10.5.7) because Software Update is not able to identify Apple (checksum error) as the originator

???

Same thing with my two new Macbooks and one new MacMini...wonder vas ist los?
post #56 of 146
Anyone used the updated Safari 4.0 enough to tell if the excruciating slowdown bug is gone? I like S4, but it got so bogged down so fast I had to abandon it to retun to Firefox 3.

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

post #57 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I had this problem, too. If you have a personalized sound that is not on the list the sound won't always play.

It's worse than that for me. I often get the "no mail" sound even when I've received 10 new messages. I simply cannot trust it.
post #58 of 146
Anyone else getting an error downloading the update. It gets downloaded but stops with a error message:

"The digital signature for this package is incorrect. The package may have been tampered with or corrupted since being signed by Apple."

Any clues??????
post #59 of 146
Hi droogs,

My mini updated to 10.5.7 fine but the MacBook says its software is up to date, despite still being on 10.5.6. Any theories?

Rev. Andy
post #60 of 146
can't download either
signature error
2 different computers and 50 k/s speed
rated to take my new macbook 8 hours to download and stopped after 3 minutes
very unhappy
post #61 of 146
I had problems downloading package with the above error, also predicred time was always 2 hours +

Finally I rebooted my macbook pro (unibody 17) and then tried again -

try rebooting first
post #62 of 146
iTunes keeps losing all of my airtunes speakers... and my Apple TV!

Anyone else having this issue?
post #63 of 146
Is it just me or do others think 10.5.7 is faster / more snappy?

For those struggling with Software Update and slow download or certificate errors: Go download the combo package: http://support.apple.com/downloads/M...7_Combo_Update

Fluorescent light bulb here!
post #64 of 146
I got the new bulb on the energy saver preference pane as well.

I did the combo update.
post #65 of 146
Updated my PowerMac G5 to 10.5.7. Download size was in the 200MB zone.
The system did 2 restarts on its own accompanied with a flurry of HD activity.
All in all works fine.

System is snappier now as a result of some kernel work being done after the OS loaded (I've seen it on the Activity Monitor as I was curious as to why the HD is so active). The computer was online for only 1.5 days before the update restarts so it's not a result of the restart itself IMO.

post #66 of 146
Combo and bulb here as well...

Wow... look at us making a big fuss over a stupid png icon in some prefpane!

Confirming the Mac user cliches I gues...
post #67 of 146
Installed without any issues, during reboot took three rounds. Fixed Fast User Switching that would lockup system since 10.5.4 on a PowerMac G5 with 30" display and ATI Radeon X800.
post #68 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedalmatian View Post

Anyone else experience a bug in 10.5.6 whereby if you click the down scroll arrow it 'runs away' and scrolls uncontrollably all the way to the bottom?

Doesnt seem to be tied to any particular app

Yes. Thought it might have been my error or a hardware problem. I feel a little better now...
post #69 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

There was never any issue with running safari 4 on the beta, it was just installing that was the problem.

Just installed Safari 4 on 10.5.7. It's working beautifully.
post #70 of 146
Updated via Software Update, and after 2 restarts I now have 2 external drives that wont register on my Macbook USB ports!

WTF!
post #71 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewed Elk View Post

Updated via Software Update, and after 2 restarts I now have 2 external drives that wont register on my Macbook USB ports!

WTF!

Grab the Combo update and do it again.
post #72 of 146
Quote:

Downloading now...will update once reinstalled.
post #73 of 146
The 10.5.7 update went smoothly on my MacBook, but I did get an invalid signature error the first time I tried to update Safari on my Windows XP system. The error probably just means that Apple's servers are overloaded; when I retried the Safari update, it completed successfully.
post #74 of 146
Quote:

or, like ... unplug them and re-plug them.
post #75 of 146
I finally got 10.5.7 installed by using the combo version; the software update gave me the slow DL speeds, the DL abort and the digital signatures error message. The installation was kind of dodgy, with apparent boot hanging and repeated software attempts to get through the booting phase. Manual rebooting finally got the system up and it's behaving fine now. The Safari 4 beat update is now installed okay and everything seems to be functioning normally.
post #76 of 146
No major issues here but my HP monitor isn't at the optimal resolution. everything is squished. I need 1680x1050 but the option isn't there. SwitchResX I guess?
post #77 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewed Elk View Post

WTF!

Just Run Disk Utility on each drive.
Highlight the drive(s) in question, and click repair. 30 seconds later, all good.
post #78 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyzDead View Post

Just Run Disk Utility on each drive.
Highlight the drive(s) in question, and click repair. 30 seconds later, all good.

The drives dont even show up in disk utility since the update (tried the combo update and it is the same).

In System Profiler the drives show up for a short time, but after a refresh of the screen they are gone - both of these drives are power drivestations and were working perfectly before the update.

Just checked both drives on my old iBook running 10.5.6 and they are working fine...
post #79 of 146
aluminum iMac & MacBook white.
no issues so far.
Both had a 286 MB update
post #80 of 146
Whew, I'd suggest steering clear of the delta update for Leopard 10.5.6 users. After it finished installing and began to restart, navy and blue lines flickered for a while until I got tired of it stalling and held down the power button. Then it restarted multiple times when I cold booted it. Everything seems to be working now...except for sound output. The internal speakers say "The selected device has no output controls." \ The irony is, my sound card died years ago! Does it know!?

Anyone have suggestions on what plist file could be impairing control of my sound? In 10.5.6 I had control (though again, my sound card bit the dust a while back).
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.7, Safari 3.2.3 & 4.0 beta update