or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › iPhone Library

iPhone Library

post #1 of 3
When I go into Library -> iTunes -> iPhone Software Updates, I see a 2.27GB (!) file that seems to contain every iPhone software update from June 2007 and on. This is a lot of seemingly wasted space that I could use for data files.

Can someone please advise whether I can delete all but the latest update?

Many thanks!
Tim Cook is gay, believes in climate change, and cares deeply about racial equality. Deal with it (and please spare us if you can't).
Tim Cook is gay, believes in climate change, and cares deeply about racial equality. Deal with it (and please spare us if you can't).
post #2 of 3
No response yet...... oh well... maybe I should try my luck at apple.com's support....\
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

When I go into Library -> iTunes -> iPhone Software Updates, I see a 2.27GB (!) file that seems to contain every iPhone software update from June 2007 and on. This is a lot of seemingly wasted space that I could use for data files.

Can someone please advise whether I can delete all but the latest update?

Many thanks!

Sorry for not being able to reply you earlier. Do delete all your data on your phone, install the latest update ( 3.0.1 ) , then do a backup of your files. Should work then.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › iPhone Library