or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple shares of smartphone market jumps more than twofold

Apple shares of smartphone market jumps more than twofold - Page 2

post #41 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb85 View Post

well don't threaten us with your "facts". show us!

I gave you links from google... LOOK AT THEM
iMac 20" 2.66 2008/9 model
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #42 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

You're right, Apple did not invent touch, but had a touch based device on the market long before either of those companies; the Newton in 1993.

Apple has sold 37 million iPhone OS touch based devices in under two years, not too mention those users have downloaded over a billion applications. So if you want to talk about market penetration with touch devices, Apple is the clear winner over any other company.

A billion downloads because Apple had a contest to get it going... It would have not reached one billion if it wasnt for the contest. It would have taken 6 more mths to do so. I bet in June Apple will mention 1 billion downloads... That is why the contest was created. To get this under there belt. LOL
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #43 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

enjoy...

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

these are a few of the example of the problems with the device. I have had problems with each one.

Tons of pages to read... Call me a troll after.

hat's he best you could do/

If you go through several pages of the links for each, one thing you'll notice is that many are repeats of the same forums. sometimes the forum shows up, and sometimes the individual posts, time after time.

This isn't exactly a big problem.

Neither are the others. The third is hardly even reported in the links you provided.

Good try, but no cigar.
post #44 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

hat's he best you could do/

If you go through several pages of the links for each, one thing you'll notice is that many are repeats of the same forums. sometimes the forum shows up, and sometimes the individual posts, time after time.

This isn't exactly a big problem.

Neither are the others. The third is hardly even reported in the links you provided.

Good try, but no cigar.

I would do more but you guys are not worth it... I am doing this while working LOL
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #45 of 149
Quote:

A billion downloads because Apple had a contest to get it going... It would have not reached one billion if it wasnt for the contest. It would have taken 6 more mths to do so. I bet in June Apple will mention 1 billion downloads... That is why the contest was created. To get this under there belt. LOL

This is your problem. You say really stupid things.

Apple was almost at the billion download point when they started the contest. It's hard to believe you don't know that.
post #46 of 149
Quote:

I would do more but you guys are not worth it... I am doing this while working LOL

Then why do you bother to come here? We wouldn't mind you leaving for greener pastures.

Just say when.
post #47 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

These phantom "exchanges" you're talking about don't support what the numbers say. You seem to be confusing the Storm with the iPhone. Deliberately.

You're making things up just to get attention around here. It's a way of dominating the conversation without saying anything constructive or meaningful....

Well stated!

iPhone versus others. What I love about the situation is how Apple just came up with so many things that Nokia and others were just left picking their waxy anti-design ears. Love it!

You know, Ovi = "door" in Finnish. How lame!

Just waiting for iPad to beam us all (filthy, nasty, greedy) Westerners to the next era of personal computing.
post #48 of 149
Quote:

This is your problem. You say really stupid things.

Apple was almost at the billion download point when they started the contest. It's hard to believe you don't know that.

I disagree.
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #49 of 149
Quote:

Then why do you bother to come here? We wouldn't mind you leaving for greener pastures.

Just say when.

Two more minutes okay? Please please....
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #50 of 149
Quote:

It won't happen. Take a walk to an Apple store... They are always booked solid with exchanges for the iPhone 3G.

Can you imagine 3 models? Apple would need a bigger Genius bar just for exchanges. Or they would need to create a new space called... "iPhone Genius Bar" lol

"Kid" you're giving all Italians a bad name. Give it up.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #51 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO3 View Post

Seriously, I'm begging.

I don't want to tell ANYONE else how to use this forum, but haven't we all figured out by now that neither italiankid nor teckstud have anything useful to contribute? I believe that's the entire point of the ignore list. There's no way that you're going to use reason or intellect to shift their perceptions at all; much the opposite, in fact, as both of them (and a few others) derive all of their pleasure from coming here and getting us all worked up.

Praise Buddha! Didn't realize that the forum had ignore lists. Wish it completely deleted their posts, but better than nothing. (Click here to add him to your ignorelist)
post #52 of 149
Quote:

I disagree.

Then show it.
post #53 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

"Kid" you're giving all Italians a bad name. Give it up.

if you judge all italians because of me... you need help.

like seriously...

I don't judge all Macheads in the same manner
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #54 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

Praise Buddha! Didn't realize that the forum had ignore lists. Wish it completely deleted their posts, but better than nothing. (Click here to add him to your ignorelist)

LOL look how the page shrinks with all his posts omitted.
post #55 of 149
I can get a new ISP or nickname and start again.

But why bother? lol
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #56 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiankid

could have fooled me. they are trying to get into every market... sell tons of these phones and gain market share. You do this when you are trying to get BIG.
Quote:

we are trolls because we voice an opinion different than yours? I can voice an opinion that can be negative or positive on Apple. If it is negative, you consider it TROLLING. Guess what?

You are wrong!

Quote:

Apple is well aware of the light leak issues and dust under almost every device. Even the genius reps are well aware of it.

Its the stupid gasket they use holding the glass in place...

Would you like some pics?

Quote:

My first iPhone never had any of these issues. The iPhone 3G does ;(

I think something is wrong with that italiankid troll bot. It's starting to randomly respond to its own posts.
post #57 of 149
Quote:

Holy crap I feel for your co-workers.... and hope you apply better reasoning and communication in your job, whatever it is that you do.

If only you could focus more on whatever that is
post #58 of 149
If you would just ignore him. I think the other companies are getting scared. They may be able to match everything in the area of hardware but their software... It's nothing compare to Apples. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Hehe
Posted by the door post at the post office the post man posted his last post-millennial post card with a Penny Black postage stamp via the Royal Post.
Posted by the door post at the post office the post man posted his last post-millennial post card with a Penny Black postage stamp via the Royal Post.
post #59 of 149
Quote:

Seriously, I'm begging.

I don't want to tell ANYONE else how to use this forum, but haven't we all figured out by now that neither italiankid nor teckstud have anything useful to contribute? I believe that's the entire point of the ignore list. There's no way that you're going to use reason or intellect to shift their perceptions at all; much the opposite, in fact, as both of them (and a few others) derive all of their pleasure from coming here and getting us all worked up.

There's a word for people like them: troll. There, I said it!

And the way you deal with trolls is to stop feeding them. Again, I don't want to tell anyone what they can and can't do on AI, esp. since I have neither the authority nor any conceivable right to do so, but won't you please reconsider replying to them? Ask yourself: is there anything at all to be gained from responding to anything italiankid has ever posted? Or teckstud? I'm all about discussion, alternate points of view, etc. I don't want to suppress anyone's opportunity to express their opinion on an open internet forum. But that doesn't mean you have to take this particular bait. Would your life be in any way less enjoyable if you simply ignored them?

I'm very sorry that I've used one of my very infrequent comments to discuss an off-topic matter like this. I'll stop talking now.

Thanks for educating me about the Ignore List. I've added ItalianKid and TechStud and things looks better now. Their "contributions" to the discussion seem very childish to me and my time is too valuable to spend it reading their words.
post #60 of 149
....the tone on here!
Seriously I would have thought by all the posts on here for the last 2 years that iPhone would be at least #2 by now because we know it has everything people want, it does it so much better, that it was going to take over the smartphone market, etc, etc, etc.
A lot of people sure get upset when they have to eat crow.
What do you expect when you only have 1 phone with 1 carrier in the US? HEllo?
post #61 of 149
One quick note: The iPhone is only carried by one service provider. The others are carried by all or must of service providers in the U.S.A. and I am guessing this is the same outside the U.S.A., that would effect everything a few people have been ranting on.
Forgo Looking At The Past As A Judge; Instead Be a Student.
post #62 of 149
Quote:

Seriously, I'm begging.

I'm very sorry that I've used one of my very infrequent comments to discuss an off-topic matter like this. I'll stop talking now.

That's hysterical. You are really either out of your mind or off your meds. Blocking anybody that disagrees with Apple? Pathetic.
post #63 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I think something is wrong with that italiankid troll bot. It's starting to randomly respond to its own posts.

lol

i didnt even notice that lol

im busy at work and trying to do the post... work first. post after... ciao
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #64 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStink View Post

LOL look how the page shrinks with all his posts omitted.

Except now he's highlighted in blue for a quick fix.
post #65 of 149
I've long had him on my ignore list, but apparently mentioning teckstud's name summons him like an evil genie.

There's something oddly satisfying about seeing those multiple posts just listed like shrapnel, without having to pay any mind.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #66 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I've long had him on my ignore list, but apparently mentioning teckstud's name summons him like an evil genie.

There's something oddly satisfying about seeing those multiple posts just listed like shrapnel, without having to pay any mind.

Hahahahahahahahah
post #67 of 149
Quote:

who is teckstud
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #68 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

Thanks for educating me about the Ignore List. I've added ItalianKid and TechStud and things looks better now. Their "contributions" to the discussion seem very childish to me and my time is too valuable to spend it reading their words.

You are welcome. Now if we could just figure a way to ignore comments which quote people on the ignore list...
post #69 of 149
The ignore list works like a charm. Thanks a lot.

OT: It would be interesting to see how those so-called "iPhone killers" fare in the meantime, and how much of RIM's market share gain is contributed through the buy-one-get-one campaign. Something that worth noting is that China is still missing from the global market for iPhone, while many of the others are already competing there. Jail-break iPhone costs much substantially more than it is in other countries and it doesn't stop Chinese from buying it. What will happen to Apple's global market share when iPhone eventually enters China?
post #70 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

That's hysterical. You are really either out of your mind or off your meds. Blocking anybody that disagrees with Apple? Pathetic.

Stud we best becareful... I think these Mac heads are gonna commit suicide if we continue... LOL
Sad... lol
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #71 of 149
Quote:

Seriously, I'm begging.

... Ask yourself: is there anything at all to be gained from responding to anything <redacted> has ever posted? Or <redacted>?

The very question I asked myself a while ago. Survey says...

Quote:

I've long had him on my ignore list, but apparently mentioning <redacted>'s name summons him like an evil genie.

( Following addabox's suggestion to avoid further summons. )
post #72 of 149
Quote:

I hope it would... Last year at the same time, the United States only sold the iPhone. It should have more than doubled! The fact that the iPhone is in over 40+ countries and it only doubled is very BAD news.

The iPhone is only HOT when released and dies down very fast as the months pass.

The iPhone sells very well on launch and dies from there.

The iPhone and the iPhone 3G are perfect examples. Same thing will happen with the next release. Guaranteed.

This is not good for Apple. The device needs to sell well throughout the year. It doesn't.

Kid is an appropriate handle.
post #73 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Kid is an appropriate handle.

you just upset me... im calling mommy...
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #74 of 149
Quote:

The iPhone is only HOT when released and dies down very fast as the months pass.

The iPhone sells very well on launch and dies from there.

The iPhone and the iPhone 3G are perfect examples.

Perfect examples of what?
That the iPhone sells very well on launch and then "dies down"?
Since each was only released once, you do realize they are the ONLY examples?
Or can you give us other examples of the iPhone?

Your signature has iPhone 2G/3G
What is a 2G iPhone?
post #75 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Perfect examples of what?
That the iPhone sells very well on launch and then "dies down"?
Since each was only released once, you do realize they are the ONLY examples?
Or can you give us other examples of the iPhone?

Your signature has iPhone 2G/3G
What is a 2G iPhone?

a 2G iphone is the first gen iPhone
a 3G is the current iPhone
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #76 of 149
Ah, so the real reason for Apple's Mac sales decline has been revealed. People are bypassing desktop and laptops altogether and opting for an iPhone. Nice!
post #77 of 149
Smartphone marketshare is such an irrelevant metric these days, it's impossible to draw any conclusions from it. The line between smartphone and feature phone is so incredibly blurred these days and will only get more blurred as hardware costs fall further.

For example, now that Symbian OS is effectively free, what's to stop Nokia shoving it in 50% of their phones? Suddenly Nokia's smartphone sales go from 15 million to 200 million and therefore propelling Nokia up to 90%+ market share. Will Nokia have sold any more phones overall or made any additional profit? Probably not but the smartphone metrics would show them utterly destroying Apple. The metric is worthless.
post #78 of 149
Quote:

who is teckstud

teckstud is your other account. It's kind of funny when you talk to yourself and think that none of us know.

Seriously though, it would be nice if AppleInsider let us stay logged in for longer, like a day or so.

Trolls like teckstud and italiankid are getting to be a big problem. On this thread, almost all the posts are theirs, but the content of the posts is essentially zero. I have both of them on my ignore list, but every time I come back to the site to check the threads, I'm logged out and all their posts are there to be viewed.

I know it's up to me to ignore them or not read them, but that's the purpose of the "ignore posts" feature isn't it? Why not let us stay logged in all day so that we can more easily ignore the bait these idiots set out?

It's very difficult to switch over to this site to see what's happening, be confronted by dozens of inflammatory posts and yet have the strength not to answer them. Anyone who has dealt with teenagers for any length of time knows how hard it is to ignore them and how difficult it is not to get caught up in their stupid games etc.

Kasper, give us a break and let us put these guys on ignore for longer than a few minutes at a time. I don't see the downside in letting people stay logged in all day instead of pushing us off if we go away for more than a few minutes.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
post #79 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

teckstud is your other account. It's kind of funny when you talk to yourself and think that none of us know.

Seriously though, it would be nice if AppleInsider let us stay logged in for longer, like a day or so.

Trolls like teckstud and italiankid are getting to be a big problem. On this thread, almost all the posts are theirs, but the content of the posts is essentially zero. I have both of them on my ignore list, but every time I come back to the site to check the threads, I'm logged out and all their posts are there to be viewed.

I know it's up to me to ignore them or not read them, but that's the purpose of the "ignore posts" feature isn't it? Why not let us stay logged in all day so that we can more easily ignore the bait these idiots set out?

It's very difficult to switch over to this site to see what's happening, be confronted by dozens of inflammatory posts and yet have the strength not to answer them. Anyone who has dealt with teenagers for any length of time knows how hard it is to ignore them and how difficult it is not to get caught up in their stupid games etc.

Kasper, give us a break and let us put these guys on ignore for longer than a few minutes at a time. I don't see the downside in letting people stay logged in all day instead of pushing us off if we go away for more than a few minutes.

hahaha I am sure there are more than 1 or 2 people who can voice an opinion on Apple. Negative or Positive.

I dont know teckstud personally, but after reading many of his post today, I am loving him. lol
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #80 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

(snip)

Hmm... Virgil-TB2, I stay logged in. Haven't put my password in in ages. Even after upgrading to Safari 4 beta, it remembered my login. I dunno. Could it be a difference in browsers?

update: I found this in the board FAQ: " When you register, you will be given the option to 'Automatically login when you return to the site'. " It sets a cookie. Perhaps you didn't set that when registered (and I assume that I did which would be why I don't have to log in?), and now it's necessary to figure out a way to use this cookie? I can't find any cookie settings in the User Control Panel.

Er... was that even comprehensible?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple shares of smartphone market jumps more than twofold