Originally Posted by jeberbach
I'm a little confused by your issue at this point. You originally said you were in the same boat as the other person and needed to export your just your calendar data. That person didn't have access to Exchange any more which is kind of a unique situation. But it sounds like you do have access to Exchange...?
If so, you could dump all of your data to Outlook and export from there in multiple formats.
If you don't, could you clarify your situation?
My apologies for the confusion. With my past company I was syncing with Exchange. I no longer have access to Exchange or the company laptop. I am now trying to get my contacts and calendar entries from my iPhone 3G (3.0) to my personal laptop in Outlook. BTW, maybe I missed something but when I was working for the company I did try to synch with my personal laptop so I had my information both at work and home but since I was syncing with Exchange it would not replicate anything to my personal laptop. So now I am faced with my iPhone being the only source of record for contacts and calendar entries.
What I've tried thus far based on suggestion and research:
- MobileMe - I was able to establish an account and get a sync to work. However, MobileMe created its own contacts group and calendar on the iPhone and did not merge anything from my existing contacts group or calendar. When I sync with the phone nothing appears in MobileMe that I can then sync with my local Outlook.
- Plaxo - Plaxo will not actually sync with the iPhone.
- Memova (app found in App Store) - was able to get everything into the My Memova web site but low and behold there is not way to get it out! So, I do have an emergency backup of everything but that is it.
- Y! Contacts (app found in App Store) - was able to connect to my Yahoo account but it will not sync the contacts from my existing group in my iPhone. It will only use what is already in my Yahoo Contacts.
- Contacts Tool (app found in App Store) - this tool allows your to export contacts for import into another PIM (does nothing with calendar entries). However, there is a bug that prevents export if a contact lable (category) does not exist. Exchange does not create a lable when it syncs so nothing in my contacts will export. A fix was submitted to Apple but it is awaiting approval.
There are a couple expensive apps in the App Store that just may work but was trying to avoid them if possible. Mabe I am being an idiot but it just is not supposed to be this difficult!! Any thoughts would be appreciated.