or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Workers push Apple to end iPhone supplier's exploitation

Workers push Apple to end iPhone supplier's exploitation - Page 3

post #81 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

Why should I? You haven't. There are no facts in your comments, just right wing ignorant opinions. If you believe that everyone in the World has the same abilities and rights as you then you really need to pick up a good newspaper and read.

Ignorant? How so? Because I feel that anyone can improve their lives if they want to badly enough? Ever hear the phrase "if there's a will, there's a way"? Other than someone who is being physically held captive, give me one example. Just one, that's all I ask.

It's the same philosophy of free will. No one can make you do anything. You just choose to do something because of what you fear the consequences will be.

Give me just one example that proves that theory wrong. I would love to see it.
Don't waste time, or time will waste you.
post #82 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHoughton View Post

Give me just one example that proves that theory wrong. I would love to see it.

Tell you what, since you threw the first punch by saying these people have a chance to change things and have free will, you prove that they do have first.
post #83 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenheaven View Post

Not singling anyone out. But I would enjoy seeing Apple take the first step. As they are good at taking first steps.

And we all know that Apple is in the biz of making phones for humanitarian reasons....
post #84 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

Tell you what, since you threw the first punch by saying these people have a chance to change things and have free will, you prove that they do have first.

That's just sad.

Would you also like for me to prove that gravity is real, as well?
post #85 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHoughton View Post

Would you also like for me to prove that gravity is real, as well?

*sigh*... this is just getting childish. I think I will bow out of this silly conversation. I apologise for taking the bait.
post #86 of 87
the Chinese don't want just jobs and technologies anymore... They want a piece of action. Heard a good story about rooms A, B, freedom and money once...

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

post #87 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulldecent View Post

>> But we, as consumers are also at fault, since we voraciously consume these products, which in turn makes them feel justified in these practices in order to sate our appetites and their own slave labour subsidized pockets.

As consumers, our job is to consume products that give us the best value. Luckily, most consumers do not specifically value products that have the same national origin as themselves, and thus globalism works.

Now, economics is a science of big picture thinking. So we need to ask: are those employees better off than they were without those jobs? Since those jobs are optional (and aren't subsidized by the public), we can say yes.

Win-win-win for all people involved.

Though none of us know the entire story of what has occurred in this situation (Though i am attempting to learn out through a friend with ties to China and Taiwan....) what you have stated is debatable, as it has already been in this thread alone.

Granted, it could be stated their plight is no different than ours in a western nation, it can also be argued with nothing and no one standing for their rights, not just as workers, but as human beings, we cannot compare the two as the twain shall not meet.

From what I understand, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, etc, can only be compared to both England and the United States during our own industrial revolutions, and we should all know through history that period is the godfather of the source for our current labour rights.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Workers push Apple to end iPhone supplier's exploitation