or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 32GB iPhone listed as AT&T trade-in; Rogers preps for launch

32GB iPhone listed as AT&T trade-in; Rogers preps for launch

post #1 of 54
An AT&T upgrade program for BlackBerries has listed a 32GB iPhone as a trade-in option. Simultaneously, Canadian cellular provider Rogers may be preparing for another summer iPhone release.

Apple's attempts to keep its iPhone plans silent may have become that much harder on Friday through a potential discovery of the larger-capacity iPhone in AT&T's system.

A BlackBerry Bold trade-up program run on behalf of AT&T, albeit by a third party, shows an "iPhone 32GB 3G" as one of the phones that can be handed in to get cash towards the Research in Motion smartphone. As Phone Arena notes, the handset is listed as worth $335, though it's unlikely this is connected to any final pricing.

At this point, it's uncertain whether this is a genuine addition or a speculative move on the part of the company running the service. None of the other iPhones in the list are unreleased models. However, it does follow an accidental post of a similar sort by T-Mobile Austria, which briefly showed a 32GB iPhone in its "coming soon" section only to pull it shortly afterwards.

The 32GB iPhone listed as a trade-in choice for moving to an AT&T BlackBerry Bold.

Whatever AT&T's state of readiness, its northern neighbor Rogers is now believed to be signaling its own readiness to carry a third-generation iPhone. A historical source of Boy Genius Report for information at the Canadian provider has provided early iPhone launch details that have it essentially repeating its approach to the iPhone 3G's debut last year.

Rogers doesn't say for certain when the next iPhone launches but, according to the tipster, expects it sometime in July or August. It will reportedly require once more that all iPhones be bought tied to three-year plans and that the initial wave of shoppers only buy one device each.

Unlike last year, though, the carrier is supposedly now anticipating a larger supply from Apple that will prevent the rationing and premature sellouts that defined the iPhone 3G launch in 2008.
post #2 of 54
Why would a third party outfit ("Market Velocity") have any inside information as to the next iPhone?

And why would they be offering "trade-up" value on a phone that hasn't even been released yet? Were they expecting people to buy a new iPhone and then turn around and "trade-up" for a Blackberry?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #3 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Why would a third party outfit ("Market Velocity") have any inside information as to the next iPhone?

And why would they be offering "trade-up" value on a phone that hasn't even been released yet? Were they expecting people to buy a new iPhone and then turn around and "trade-up" for a Blackberry?

Yeah.... I find this a somewhat confusing report. Having trouble making sense of it.
post #4 of 54
I can't imagine how long the initial install, restores, and software updates will take with this size! *ugh*
post #5 of 54
somebody's gonna get fired!
post #6 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by randythot View Post

I can't imagine how long the initial install, restores, and software updates will take with this size! *ugh*

The software updates shouldn't be any bigger or take longer to install than any other model, I don't think software updates require reloading the media. For the new buyers, I do hope they do something to make transfers faster, getting new media onto the current models seems to be a needlessly slow process, I don't know if the USB controller in the phone is just slow or if the flash chips are really that slow.
post #7 of 54
32Gb iPhone - ah I wanted a 10Tb iPhone.

Seriously, we could see a 64Gb iPod Touch if the current line-up is any indication of the future. That's my hope at least.
post #8 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

32Gb iPhone - ah I wanted a 10Tb iPhone.

Seriously, we could see a 64Gb iPod Touch if the current line-up is any indication of the future. That's my hope at least.

I'm surprised my 8GB iPhone 3G will probably last me another year or so.

The reason: I stopped buying iTunes Gift Cards online and racking up purchases from the iTunes Store. ...Cost saving measures in recession (I am not in the US so paying for music, tv and movies in USD is even more painful now).

But yeah iPhone 3G rev 2 should be 16GB and 32GB. It's got to have a front-facing camera, man, I mean, that's perfect for REAL MMS, 3G video calls and REAL "visual voicemail". I mean, direct access to voice messages is good, but direct access, tap to see a video voicemail left for you, would be some killer features.... Even if this is not big in the US, think Japan, China, Europe, other parts of Asia, Middle East and many, many countries around the world...

Touch should be bumped to 16, 32 and 64GB around the time iPhone 3G rev 2 is launched.

To think about it, no front-facing camera would still mean good sales and usage, but to be truly Apple, and truly "coming back for the encore to kick some more ass"... there should be a front-facing camera.

Them magnetomajig is definitely good for maps, and would help Apple/ third party turn-by-turn etc.

When I was figuring my way around London, the maps was good, but not knowing where North was and hence which way I was looking put a dampener on the GPS party.
post #9 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

The software updates shouldn't be any bigger or take longer to install than any other model, I don't think software updates require reloading the media. For the new buyers, I do hope they do something to make transfers faster, getting new media onto the current models seems to be a needlessly slow process, I don't know if the USB controller in the phone is just slow or if the flash chips are really that slow.

I think its both. It is a bit of a common complaint. If going to 64GB, I think the iPhone 3G rev 2 would have to have faster a flash memory/ controller.
post #10 of 54
Yeah but surely a 32GB iPhone is a certainty at some point in the future anyhow. And remember we saw Amazon offering iLife 07 -which seemed such an obvious release but it never happened.
post #11 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

To think about it, no front-facing camera would still mean good sales and usage, but to be truly Apple, and truly "coming back for the encore to kick some more ass"... there should be a front-facing camera.

I suppose it's going to come eventually, but it doesn't sound like a feature that people other than phone geeks are actually clamoring for yet. As it is, most of the people that say that iPhone should have it eventually admit in one form or another that they don't actually make video calls if they own a video capable phone.
post #12 of 54
Cook and Jobs must be boiling mad.
Is there no end to AT&T's ineptitude?
post #13 of 54
It might just be a mishap, hard to believe anyone would trade in a 32GB iPhone, but I am very intrigued to see how this will pan out. There has been so many signs of what's to come. One thing is for certain though, the device does exists in some fashion.
iPhone 4 32GB (black), iPod touch 32GB, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB, iPod classic 80 GB (white) 160GB (black), 2x 5th gen iPod 30GB (black + white), iMac 27", MacBook Pro 17", Time Capsule 1TB, Apple TV
iPhone 4 32GB (black), iPod touch 32GB, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB, iPod classic 80 GB (white) 160GB (black), 2x 5th gen iPod 30GB (black + white), iMac 27", MacBook Pro 17", Time Capsule 1TB, Apple TV
post #14 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

An AT&T upgrade program for BlackBerries has listed a 32GB iPhone as a trade-in option. Simultaneously, Canadian cellular provider Rogers may be preparing for another summer iPhone release.

Apple's attempts to keep its iPhone plans silent may have become that much harder on Friday through a potential discovery of the larger-capacity iPhone in AT&T's system.

A BlackBerry Bold trade-up program run on behalf of AT&T, albeit by a third party, shows an "iPhone 32GB 3G" as one of the phones that can be handed in to get cash towards the Research in Motion smartphone. As Phone Arena notes, the handset is listed as worth $335, though it's unlikely this is connected to any final pricing.

At this point, it's uncertain whether this is a genuine addition or a speculative move on the part of the company running the service. None of the other iPhones in the list are unreleased models. However, it does follow an accidental post of a similar sort by T-Mobile Austria, which briefly showed a 32GB iPhone in its "coming soon" section only to pull it shortly afterwards.

The 32GB iPhone listed as a trade-in choice for moving to an AT&T BlackBerry Bold.

Whatever AT&T's state of readiness, its northern neighbor Rogers is now believed to be signaling its own readiness to carry a third-generation iPhone. A historical source of Boy Genius Report for information at the Canadian provider has provided early iPhone launch details that have it essentially repeating its approach to the iPhone 3G's debut last year.

Rogers doesn't say for certain when the next iPhone launches but, according to the tipster, expects it sometime in July or August. It will reportedly require once more that all iPhones be bought tied to three-year plans and that the initial wave of shoppers only buy one device each.

Unlike last year, though, the carrier is supposedly now anticipating a larger supply from Apple that will prevent the rationing and premature sellouts that defined the iPhone 3G launch in 2008.

this so stupid . all it confirms is a 32g model
the rest is asine . the blackberries are sold 2 for one right now . and a future un announced iphone will trade down for blackberries weak phone line up???

i wonder why teckspud is not here bitching about ....

i mean i am so stupid to read all these baseless rumours

i mean like a yellow scrap of paper was found in a laundry pocket in a south east tibet hand wash company . the paper was blank . but the FACT that it was yellow proves that the itablet will have 19 colours to choose from .

listen up every one !!!! what is wrong with us . we snatch every bit of mis- infomation we can ..

are we so apple addicted ??
are we not fan boy tech men ??
the last 12 articles contain no info . nothing new .

the articles themselves sometimes deny it self in the same article .

will brucep ever have 8000 posts ???

peace

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #15 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Yeah but surely a 32GB iPhone is a certainty at some point in the future anyhow. And remember we saw Amazon offering iLife 07 -which seemed such an obvious release but it never happened.

I think its one of those wishful and expected inventory additions in the same vain as Amazon.coms site. The items are oddly organized and have descriptions switched around. There just isnt enough uniformity for me to think its reliable.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #16 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

somebody's gonna get fired!

"Blame Canada!"

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #17 of 54
I like the discontinued models in the list.
post #18 of 54
many Mac sites and other sites float around ideas to create hype.

It makes you visit the site more often, because humans tend to believe rumors...

A classic example is the 10.5.7 update... It was near ready for weeks and didn't come out until after 2 months of testing LOL

Rumors that a new iPhone will surface because its that time again.

Here is my rumor...

Apple releasing the next gen iPhone in August. It will have 32 gb, 1.5x better battery and faster processor (duh... of course it will...) but the biggest thing that it won't have are LIGHT LEAKS! LOL

Spread the rumor!!!
iMac 20" 2.66 2008/9 model
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #19 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

... I do hope they do something to make transfers faster, getting new media onto the current models seems to be a needlessly slow process, I don't know if the USB controller in the phone is just slow or if the flash chips are really that slow.

It's my experience when syncing the exact same media files both to my iPhone and my AppleTV the files go onto the AppleTV roughly twice as fast over the wireless as they do over the wired connection between the iPhone dock and the computer. It seems likely that if the new iPhone (as rumoured), has a better controller, a faster processor and wireless n, that transfer speeds will be increased but there is definitely something "off" there.

I know Wireless N is technically supposed to be a bit faster than USB 2.0, but it sure seems wacky. We are told that we don't have wireless syncing because it's supposedly "too slow," but I can send data wirelessly over a hundred feet in my house, faster than I can send data through that dedicated cable which is only a few inches long.

Perhaps Gruber is right and it's just the inherent lameness of the iPhone 3G processor that makes everything seem to take forever. Heartening if true.
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
In Windows, a window can be a document, it can be an application, or it can be a window that contains other documents or applications. Theres just no consistency. Its just a big grab bag of monkey...
post #20 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

I know Wireless N is technically supposed to be a bit faster than USB 2.0, but it sure seems wacky. We are told that we don't have wireless syncing because it's supposedly "too slow," but I can send data wirelessly over a hundred feet in my house, faster than I can send data through that dedicated cable which is only a few inches long.

Perhaps Gruber is right and it's just the inherent lameness of the iPhone 3G processor that makes everything seem to take forever. Heartening if true.

Its more than the processor, there are many things that are not helping the speed in such a small device. It should get noticeably faster but I dont think that full media syncing over WiFi will be a good idea and it surely wont get 2x as fast from being pulled from iTunes to being put on the iDevice so if you are moving to a higher capacity player it will take longer than before to sync.

I know a lot of us here would love the convenience of syncing over WiFi (I dont understand the occasional sync via Bluetooth comments) but we know that this is slow and will use a good deal of power for the transfer so well think to monitor that. I doubt Apple would expect their average non-techy customer to do the same. Unless the power usage is low for the size battery on the 32GB model I doubt it will be available. Plus, it would also mean a change to the way iTunes senses connected devices. Not a big coding deal with Bonjour but significant enough to probably not warrant the extra wrench in the works.

I also the expect the speed of the 802.11n chip to be abysmal in comparison to pretty much any other 802.11 device. Besides the CPU and potential RAM limitations available to WiFi Im wagering that the chip isnt even designed to be capable of that kind of speed if it has a more limited antenna setup. Id wager that its only be used to allow to connections of 802.11n and the 5GHz spectrum, and to connect to routers that are farther away. Though this really only helps in personal LANs at the moment.
post #21 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

It's my experience when syncing the exact same media files both to my iPhone and my AppleTV the files go onto the AppleTV roughly twice as fast over the wireless as they do over the wired connection between the iPhone dock and the computer. It seems likely that if the new iPhone (as rumoured), has a better controller, a faster processor and wireless n, that transfer speeds will be increased but there is definitely something "off" there.

It looks like WiFi N has a max bit rate of 600Mbps, one good Intel chipset has a max of 450. But that I've heard on practical transfer rate, it's just over 200Mbps of actual data transfer assuming a strong connection, because wireless has a lot of overhead. A rough rule of thumb is 40% to 50% of the advertised signal rate with one good link. A weaker link negotiates down to a slower transfer rate. AppleTV does have a pretty solid processor too, I think its clock is 3x that of the iPhone.

I'm sure there may be several factors limiting the transfer speed on the current iPhone, I hope they can do what it takes to speed it up a bit.
post #22 of 54
Next to none of these phones will be sold in Canada.
Remember that Rogers requires your first born and a 3 year contract.
People who bought an iPhone in Canada will have to wait another 2 years before they can upgrade.

Oh, Rogers is now charging for incoming text messages, even if it's spam.

What a wonderful company they are. I have 2 friends who chucked their iPhones for BlackBerries. They said it wasn't because of the iPhone itself really, they just needed a phone that worked and Rogers can't provide that. \
post #23 of 54
Everyone seems to be missing the fact that there's a 4GB iPhone there as well!?

Currently there's no 4gb iPhone and the blog sphere has mentioned the possibility of a iPhone Lite...could that be it!?
post #24 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milner99 View Post

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that there's a 4GB iPhone there as well!?

Currently there's no 4gb iPhone and the blog sphere has mentioned the possibility of a iPhone Lite...could that be it!?

No, this list is models someone could trade in, and since there was once a 4GB iPhone, it's on the list.
post #25 of 54
I was in a local Apple store today getting my MacBook power adapter replaced. They have buy one any iPhone 3G cover and get the other one free offer. Sound to me like they are trying to get rid of their current iPhone covers. But if the next iPhone have the same form factor why would they do that?
post #26 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I was in a local Apple store today getting my MacBook power adapter replaced. They have buy one any iPhone 3G cover and get the other one free offer. Sound to me like they are trying to get rid of their current iPhone covers. But if the next iPhone have the same form factor why would they do that?

Uhhh... Because it won't?
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
post #27 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

People who bought an iPhone in Canada will have to wait another 2 years before they can upgrade.

What a wonderful company they are. I have 2 friends who chucked their iPhones for BlackBerries. They said it wasn't because of the iPhone itself really, they just needed a phone that worked and Rogers can't provide that. \

KNOW YOUR FACTS...

1. ROGERS OFFERS A HARDWARE UPGRADE AFTER 2 YEARS INTO CONTRACT IF A SMARTPHONE

OR 1 YEAR UPGRADE IF A REGULAR PHONE TO SMARTPHONE!

2. Rogers charges for INCOMING SMS IF NO PLAN... 95% OF CANADIANS HAVE A PLAN...

3. ROGERS HAS A FLAWLESS NETWORK UNLIKE AT&T. I used BELL AND TELUS and Rogers WINS!
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
Nano 3rd/4th gen
iPhone 2G/3G
post #28 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Uhhh... Because it won't?

That's what I thought but most "rumors" say that it will be the same. My guess is it won't. My guess is that Apple will add unnoticeable thickness to the device to increase the battery size and life.
post #29 of 54
ordinary stupid error... Just rubbish in their database...

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #30 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

You will be able to upgrade before your contract ends, just like you can with any other cell phone.

Rogers is not now charging for incoming text messages (TM).*†
  • Until July 7, 2009
  • Spam is free
  • Incoming text messages are free if you, and most customers already are, have TM bundled in your cellphone plan

Considering that my iPhone 3G plan is significantly cheaper, better and faster than AT&T. I am not charged for incoming TMs like AT&T does. My iPhone is working beautifully and better than any other cell phone or service I have ever had or used in nearly 30 years. I endorse it and Rogers whole heartedly.

But who am I to complain. I don't have a iPhone like you don't to compare it with. FAH.

* http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...t_msging#start
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...gers-text.html

P.S. NN. Nobody in Canada has to pay for spam messages. "The government's anti-spam bill, introduced last month (April, 2009), also includes new enforcement measures to prevent telecommunications companies from charging customers fees for receiving unsolicited commercial text messages."†
post #31 of 54
Quote:

That's what I thought but most "rumors" say that it will be the same. My guess is it won't. My guess is that Apple will add unnoticeable thickness to the device to increase the battery size and life.

Or it could be due to a new button/control on its side which would make the old covers obsolete. Like when the iPod Touch changed from 1st gen to 2nd gen-the old covers don't work due to the volume control. Maybe there is a new camera/video button.
post #32 of 54
Quote:

I hope that they use a denser battery design. Im not sure if silver-zinc battery tech is mature enough or even feasible in a flat design like polymer batteries are, but the iPhones high price does seem to warrant the use of a more expensive battery type if it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

You will be able to upgrade before your contract ends, just like you can with any other cell phone.

Rogers is not now charging for incoming text messages (TM).*
  • Until July 7, 2009
  • Spam is free
  • Incoming text messages are free if you, and most customers already are, have TM bundled in your cellphone plan

Considering that my iPhone 3G plan is significantly cheaper, better and faster than AT&T. I am not charged for incoming TMs like AT&T does. My iPhone is working beautifully and better than any other cell phone or service I have ever had or used in nearly 30 years. I endorse it and Rogers whole heartedly.

But who am I to complain. I don't have a iPhone like you don't to compare it with. FAH.

* http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...t_msging#start
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...gers-text.html

P.S. NN. Nobody in Canada has to pay for spam messages. "The government's anti-spam bill, introduced last month (April, 2009), also includes new enforcement measures to prevent telecommunications companies from charging customers fees for receiving unsolicited commercial text messages."

The rest of the world has always thought it odd that the US gets charged for incoming calls and texts, but this is a trend that seems to slowly be catching on unfortunately.

How do you get reimbursed for spam? Do you have to call the telco, go through the automated system, wait on hold and then explain to a CSR to have it taken off?
post #33 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I hope that they use a denser battery design. Im not sure if silver-zinc battery tech is mature enough or even feasible in a flat design like polymer batteries are, but the iPhones high price does seem to warrant the use of a more expensive battery type if it is possible.

If denser means adding more weight than I doubt it.
post #34 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

If denser means adding more weight than I doubt it.

When referring to a battery’s density, in this context, means energy density.

edit:
Some interesting tidbits from Wikipedia’s silver-oxide page…
This technology had the highest energy density (prior to lithium technologies) […]

More recently, the company ZPower has introduced a new line of rechargeable silver-zinc batteries to compete with lithium-ion batteries. The claims include an energy density of 200Wh/kg, complete non-flammability, and no toxic chemicals. To offset the high price of silver, the company plans to offer a trade-in policy to recycle all of it. Intel’s venture arm, Intel Capital, has provided the company with financial backing. ZPower claims that an undisclosed "major manufacturer" of laptop computers will introduce its silver-zinc battery in a new line of laptops in 2009. (likely Lenovo or Apple Inc.)

… and comparisons from the energy density link supplied above…
Battery type: Lithium-ion
Energy density by mass (MJ/kg): 0.46-0.54
Energy density by volume (MJ/L): 0.83-0.9

Battery type: Silver-oxide
Energy density by mass (MJ/kg): 0.47
Energy density by volume (MJ/L): 1.8
As you can see the weight of the battery would be about the same, give or take a little, for a battery encompassing the same space, but would have an extended mAh for that size and weight compared to Li.
post #35 of 54
Quote:

How do you get reimbursed for spam? Do you have to call the telco, go through the automated system, wait on hold and then explain to a CSR to have it taken off?

You don't get charged in the first place.
post #36 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

You don't get charged in the first place.

then theyd have to figure out its spam after the fact otherwise they could just have their SMS servers not send out the spam to begin with.

You should have everyone you text with start the message with a spam message so you can have all of them removed, too.
post #37 of 54
Quote:

The rest of the world has always thought it odd that the US gets charged for incoming calls and texts, but this is a trend that seems to slowly be catching on unfortunately.

The rest of the world doesn't know that it's a "theoretical" problem that doesn't exist in real life.

Don't you think that the class action lawsuit happy Americans would have flooded the American courts for the last 10 years if they were charged for incoming sales calls or spam?

Sure, there will be a couple of sales calls that might get through the system and you might get charged for it. But Europeans who oppose the American way of charging incoming calls --- is penny wise and dollar stupid. Except the UK iphone monthly plan, every single European country have a much more expensive iphone plan.

Another penny wise and dollar stupid reaction --- is how Belgium people thinks that the end of anti-bundling is bad for consumers. The European Court of Justice ruled (on 2 cases that have NOTHING to do with mobile phones) last month that Belgium's broad anti-bundling law must be strucken down. The first case was a gas station case, they had a promotion where you gas up your car with a full tank --- they give you 3 weeks of free emergency towing service. The second case was a magazine having a coupon for a few euros off a lingerie. With this law strucken down, a million things will get cheaper in Belgium and maybe one thing (your mobile phone) will get more expensive. Yet these people have the classic penny wise and dollar stupid reaction.
post #38 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

The rest of the world doesn't know that it's a "theoretical" problem that doesn't exist in real life.

No, no, this problem doesn't exist in our real life, that is in the real life of people outside the U.S.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #39 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

No, no, this problem doesn't exist in our real life, that is in the real life of people outside the U.S.

French people talking about consumer rights and benefits is an oxymoron.

France has 3 national carriers, all French owned, zero foreign carriers have a foothold into the French mobile service market. Another classic penny wise and dollar stupid moment --- French regulators micro-managing when/how simlock should be removed and disallowing the iphone exclusivity.

You want cheaper mobile tarriffs and better handset pricing in France --- add a 4th national carrier license (and allow foreign companies).
post #40 of 54
Quote:

A rather wild theory (not saying it is likely): I did some digging for shipping OLED panels with the same resolution as the iPhone. The only part I could locate was a 3.2" 320x480 AMOLED panel, but none with 3.5". Maybe the new iPhone is the Nano?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 32GB iPhone listed as AT&T trade-in; Rogers preps for launch