Awesome stuff inewton, getting into some of the details that interest and are important to a lot of us
... the stuff that seems determined not to leak usually ><.
Awesome job on answering questions too! Hopefully you can go a few more:
1. Does the iTunes dashboard widget work? In Leopard you have never been able to select a playlist from the flip side of it - the drop box is there but refuses to activate. The widget also crashes pretty reliably. While there, any other changes to Dashboard?
2. I note QuickTime prefs are gone from System Preferences! They've always been pretty arcane - are the same settings accessible from within QT Player now? Personally I wonder why they persist in calling it 'Player'.
3. In Finder, if you change the toolbar to 'text only' does it still only say 'Back' for the 'Back/Forward' command?
4. I like the look of the new Time Zones prefs map - does it perchance know more cities now? If you select over by New Zealand, does it finally know Auckland as well as Wellington? Hopefully this would be true of the dashboard clock as well.
5. Anything new in open/save dialogs? The ability to 'view by kind' would be really nice - imo it would be the most likely desirable sort for navigating in those.
That'll do for now
I really like the recycled paper look of Leopard folders, especially vis Ã* vis the earlier OS X icons with the old pinstripes. The recycled look is at least in line with Apple's attitude towards 'green' machines.
I don't have many issues with the current Aqua. Something changing with scrollbars would be interesting - some sort of consistency! If they go hidden & transparent like on the iPhone, the implementation needs to be a lot better. Scrolling to the bottom of a page on the iPhone can be truly painful. What I really hope doesn't happen is 'evolution' in the direction of Safari 4's interface
I agree that Finder needs work in the area of moving files.