or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › When is the United States going to recover from Democratic Rule?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the United States going to recover from Democratic Rule?

Poll Results: When is the United States going to recover from Democratic Rule?

Poll expired: Jun 8, 2009  
  • 0% (0)
    2010
  • 16% (1)
    2012
  • 0% (0)
    2016
  • 33% (2)
    Never
  • 50% (3)
    When the Chinese cut up our credit card
6 Total Votes  
post #1 of 261
Thread Starter 
My guess is likely never. The damage to institutions from the Democrats this time will be too great for anyone to trust them again no matter what party is in power.

That of course presumes there would be anything worth saving in the first place.

A few points...

The bailout of AIG has now cost us double what we spent on New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina. Both are small compared to all the bailouts overall.

The rule of law is gone. Contracts are temporary things that are easily broken by the government on the whims of politicians. Secured bond holder really means greedy speculator who shouldn't be repaid or even considered on proper legal terms. Rule of law really means, I'm better than you because of my background unless I'm not better than you in which case it is your fault because I am disadvantaged.

Pax Americana is still here and is thriving better than ever. We are sending more troops to more places and of course the media will help spin how out of Iraq really didn't mean come home, just be redeployed abroad to places that evoke bettery imagery.

The media has just completely given up reporting news because they would rather worship their messiah. It's June and Obama still isn't funny in any fashion. The media is dying and spinning their own death. Newsweek is giving up the pretense of objectivity, slanting hard left, raising their price and having Stephen Colbert as a guest editor (because who can tell between clown and editor in the media in this age.) Others are following suit and everyone is racing to the bottom of being bankrupt first. Profits don't matter when you have the right intentions about

Speaking of bankrupt the United States is and even the president admits we've run out of money even though we own the printing presses. The same financial pages that whisper about what everyone knows 8-12 months before it becomes the statistics reveal the news are all whispering the same thing. The debt path Obama has put us on is unsustainable and we need a dollar replacement because the U.S. is going to default on its debt with the printing press. Everyone knows it and all are standing around knowing the ship is sinking but not sure of how to bolt to the lifeboats without creating a mad mob.

Don't worry though. HuffPo will point out who Chris Matthews "blasted" today and also who John Stewart "slammed" because the tone and intention are much more important than the facts and details. Just ask our newest Supreme Court nominee about that. In the end Obama will go "talk" to everyone about the fact that we make nothing, borrow everything and how utopia should come about because we want it to happen.

Who would invest in a country that cannot honor debts, rule or law or have news organizations that cannot report the news? It is clearly a country that prefers delusions to reality. No one should invest in that unless they want to lose their return as many are already doing.

Me, I'm working on my garden and making sure my my rentals are filled with good people, enjoying the outdoors and of course my kids. Even in Future United States, or California as we prefer to call it, I'm doing just fine. Good principles work even in the down times. I am a bit sad that the country my kids grow up in though will be a shell of what it could be and that so much harm will come to it due to delusional ideas.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2 of 261
Republicans started the bailouts and government takeovers (on their way out the door). Kinda knocks the wind out of the proverbial sanctimonious sails, doesn't it?

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
post #3 of 261
Both parties are supporting this farce. The banking system must be changed and it will be, just not enough to give people back their liberty. We're all slaves to the banking system.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #4 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Republicans started the bailouts and government takeovers (on their way out the door). Kinda knocks the wind out of the proverbial sanctimonious sails, doesn't it?

Not really, it becomes more like, let us try to earn profits with leverage instead of making things and we will let you steal some of it to redistribute to various groups.

The profits, justified or not are gone but the theft is still occuring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Both parties are supporting this farce. The banking system must be changed and it will be, just not enough to give people back their liberty. We're all slaves to the banking system.

I'd call it more than both parties, I'd call it the belief system of an entire generation.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #5 of 261
The most sanctimonious, head-in-sand, revisionist history, hypocritical, bullshit thread I've seen in a long time.

Hey Trumpt, when you find where you've lost your intellectual honesty come back over here and let's have a real fucking discussion, okay?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #6 of 261
Both parties are involved with actions which I believe are not in the best interests of this country.

America has made financial mistake after financial mistake at every level. Family level for many families, local government level, state level, and yes even the federal level. Beyond this we have the global level and yes even the globalists have had and continue to have a stronghold over this country.

I place my trust in God.

We all have to do the best we can with what we have and at the end of the day trust God.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #7 of 261
The day China cuts off its investment in US bonds and its supply of cheap goods will be the day of reckoning for the US. China is already pushing for a new international trading system to reduce dependency on the US dollar. The USA is conditioned to live on credit and be spendthrifts. It is going to be hard to break that cycle. As individuals, people can make a difference in their financial habits, but it wont help when the shit hits the fan. The current mess has nothing to do with Democrats. It is just a disease that has crept in over time. Remember the south park episode where people from the future come to the present and take over all jobs because they are used to working for less?
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
post #8 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

The most sanctimonious, head-in-sand, revisionist history, hypocritical, bullshit thread I've seen in a long time.

Are you serious?

There are threads titled "When will the GOP find a new direction and recover some power?" with poll items ranging from 10 years to forever...."Is GW Bush the absolute worst president in US history?" with no option for "no" ... and it takes a thread titled "When is the United States going to recover from Democratic Rule?" to incite such a response from you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki

Hypocrisy is the act of being less critical of oneself than of others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
post #9 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Both parties are supporting this farce. The banking system must be changed and it will be, just not enough to give people back their liberty. We're all slaves to the banking system.

Oooh! Heresy! Blasphemy! Seditious libel!

And 100% true.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #10 of 261
... forever remain in the majority.

The RNC (Rush-Newt-Cheney) and GOP (Gay Old Party) needs to rebrand itself as the WPE, also known as the Worst Party Ever.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #11 of 261
When did these bullshit polls become the defining characteristic of this forum?

These "When did you stop beating your wife?" polls are a sure sign that someone isn't worth engaging in discussion. Or perhaps that they're having issues elsewhere in life and are just lashing out. Trolling like that is a definite sign of emotional issues of some sort. Rational discourse isn't the intended result. It is a geek equivalent of starting a bar fight for no reason other than being pissed at the world.

Not that you're the only one Trumptman. Various people and from both sides of the isle have been doing this more often of late.

But damn, even for the internet this is pathetic and annoying.
post #12 of 261
Thread Starter 
Here is something that is pretty pathetic and annoying because no media source is likely to report on it today.

Quote:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 34% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-four percent (34%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0. Thats the highest level of strong disapproval and the lowest overall rating yet recorded



Quote:
Overall, 54% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far. Forty-six percent (46%) disapprove.

Pretty words only sucker people for so long.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #13 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Here is something that is pretty pathetic and annoying because no media source is likely to report on it today.







Pretty words only sucker people for so long.

Good luck with your aspirations!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #14 of 261
Thread Starter 
I can see why you enjoy laughing so much. I mean your party leader is a comedian and his sidekick.

Let's look at the HuffPo today for some encapsulated Democratic thought.

Stewart Calls Fox News Personalities "Extremists" For Coverage Of Obama's Cairo Speech

Clearly this must be a joke since it is from a comedian.

WATCH Dick Uncut: "Daily Show" Calls Out Cheney For Blaming 9/11 On Richard Clarke

Clearly this is news because... wait that is from a comedian as well.

ComedyWATCH: Stephen Colbert Lands In Iraq!

Ah...well perhaps this is why the press has no time to ponder Obama policy. Colbert is landing! I wonder if CNN interrupted regular news coverage to report on it?

I'd go on but the amount of nonsense on the page makes me a bit sick to my stomach. HuffPo... the only news website on the web still talking about Octomom.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #15 of 261
4 ACORN ex-workers to face vote fraud trial in Pa.

Didn't ACORN get a nice big chunk of the "stimulus" money? Rewarding them for their "honorable work" during the election, no doubt.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #16 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I can see why you enjoy laughing so much. I mean your party leader is a comedian and his sidekick.

Let's look at the HuffPo today for some encapsulated Democratic thought.

Stewart Calls Fox News Personalities "Extremists" For Coverage Of Obama's Cairo Speech

Clearly this must be a joke since it is from a comedian.

WATCH Dick Uncut: "Daily Show" Calls Out Cheney For Blaming 9/11 On Richard Clarke

Clearly this is news because... wait that is from a comedian as well.

ComedyWATCH: Stephen Colbert Lands In Iraq!

Ah...well perhaps this is why the press has no time to ponder Obama policy. Colbert is landing! I wonder if CNN interrupted regular news coverage to report on it?

I'd go on but the amount of nonsense on the page makes me a bit sick to my stomach. HuffPo... the only news website on the web still talking about Octomom.

Aw come off it! Everyone knows this is really about you being sore because your guys lost big time and their party is in ruins.

Don't worry!

They'll be back someday!

When they get a clue!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #17 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Aw come off it! Everyone knows this is really about you being sore because your guys lost big time and their party is in ruins.

Don't worry!

They'll be back someday!

When they get a clue!

Someday could be pretty darn soon if the impatient American public note than Obama didn't end the war he promised to end, spent trillions and still will likely have double digit unemployment going into the midterm elections.

See those of us with memories can use them to recall that when Obama was arguing for the stimulus to be passed and save all those wonderful jobs, it was to limit. His argument was that without the stimulus, the unemployment rate would reach an incredibly high 9%.

He got his stimulus and today it sits at 9.1%.

Keep laughing though... keep laughing.

Obama declared that with the stimulus, unemployment would be down to 7% by the midterms. Let's see if it happens. If it hits double digits instead get read for the fun.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #18 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Aw come off it! Everyone knows this is really about you being sore because your guys lost big time and their party is in ruins.

Don't worry!

They'll be back someday!

When they get a clue!

What I find interesting is that when the GOP criticizes the Democratic president, they use evidence from the performance of the person in office as the basis of their criticism, when the situation was the reverse the Democrats spent a lot of time creating a characterature of the person in office to criticize. A LOT of energy was spent comparing GWB to a monkey 'cause the dems lost ... you don't see the GOP doing that.

I prefer intellectual honesty in criticism.
post #19 of 261
Thread Starter 
Oops... someone at Newsweek had that honest slip of the tongue again.



David Adickes works on his sculpture of President Barack Obama at his studio in Houston, June 2, 2009. AP Photo/David J. Phillip

The Democrats have become religious nutcases. Only instead of praying to an invisible guy in the sky, they've got a man handing out checks for trillions. Sadly even with all that spending, they aren't getting their miracle.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #20 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

What I find interesting is that when the GOP criticizes the Democratic president, they use evidence from the performance of the person in office as the basis of their criticism, when the situation was the reverse the Democrats spent a lot of time creating a characterature of the person in office to criticize. A LOT of energy was spent comparing GWB to a monkey 'cause the dems lost ... you don't see the GOP doing that.

I prefer intellectual honesty in criticism.

Do you mean like the lack of evidence ( or provocation ) we had for attacking Iraq or trying to connect it to 911, the bungling of Katrina, immigration, the need for wire tapping or water boarding, and why tax cuts at the wrong time don't work?

Yeah I prefer honesty myself!

After all this I can understand why they'd compare Bush to a monkey!

However it's really an insult to monkeys everywhere!

And by the way they didn't lose this time.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #21 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Do you mean like the lack of evidence ( or provocation ) we had for attacking Iraq or trying to connect it to 911, the bungling of Katrina, immigration, the need for wire tapping or water boarding, and why tax cuts at the wrong time don't work?

Yeah I prefer honesty myself!

After all this I can understand why they'd compare Bush to a monkey!

However it's really an insult to monkeys everywhere!

And by the way they didn't lose this time.

Here's some honesty. Under Obama, rule of law is a volleyball to be tossed around only we aren't talking about terrorists in a detention camp and a debate about that, we are talking about Americans shareholders, investors, and state governments getting screwed over because Obama demands that a secured bond become unsecured to pay off his political bribes for the UAW.

Here's some honesty. AIG's bailout has cost double what was spent on Katrina.

Here's some more honesty. All the Obama financial projects for the economy this year have been radically wrong.

Meanwhile the guy hasn't been in town very often because he is out apologizing to the world for America existing.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #22 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Here's some honesty. Under Obama, rule of law is a volleyball to be tossed around only we aren't talking about terrorists in a detention camp and a debate about that, we are talking about Americans shareholders, investors, and state governments getting screwed over because Obama demands that a secured bond become unsecured to pay off his political bribes for the UAW.

Here's some honesty. AIG's bailout has cost double what was spent on Katrina.

Here's some more honesty. All the Obama financial projects for the economy this year have been radically wrong.

Meanwhile the guy hasn't been in town very often because he is out apologizing to the world for America existing.

Quote:
we are talking about Americans shareholders, investors, and state governments getting screwed over because Obama demands that a secured bond become unsecured to pay off his political bribes for the UAW.

Has this happened or is it your speculation?

Quote:
Here's some honesty. AIG's bailout has cost double what was spent on Katrina.

This correlates to what? All I can say is " more than 6 months in the making ".

Quote:
Meanwhile the guy hasn't been in town very often because he is out apologizing to the world for America existing

That's the way you see it. What's been really happening is that he's trying to patch up the bad feelings spread by his predecessor.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #23 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Has this happened or is it your speculation?

State of Indiana objected in court based off the shortchanging of bondholders of which they were one.

Teachers, police officers and fire fighters are those terrible "speculators" who loaned out money by buying those bonds.

Quote:
This correlates to what? All I can say is " more than 6 months in the making ".

Correlates to the failure to understand that Obama's every day business costs double the most expensive claimed Bush fuck ups.

The knock on Bush during Katrina was that it cost so much that it even cost more than going to war in Iraq for a couple years.

To make it clear let me put it this way. The cost of the entire war in Iraq is still $130 billion less than the cost of the stimulus.

So every bit of claimed financial loss blaimed on Bush for 8 years has been exceeded by Obama in one.

Quote:
That's the way you see it. What's been really happening is that he's trying to patch up the bad feelings spread by his predecessor.

We were told those feelings caused lack of action. Obama claims to have changed the feelings yet there is no change in action. There is a word for that. It is called bullshit.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #24 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

State of Indiana objected in court based off the shortchanging of bondholders of which they were one.

Teachers, police officers and fire fighters are those terrible "speculators" who loaned out money by buying those bonds.



Correlates to the failure to understand that Obama's every day business costs double the most expensive claimed Bush fuck ups.

The knock on Bush during Katrina was that it cost so much that it even cost more than going to war in Iraq for a couple years.

To make it clear let me put it this way. The cost of the entire war in Iraq is still $130 billion less than the cost of the stimulus.

So every bit of claimed financial loss blaimed on Bush for 8 years has been exceeded by Obama in one.



We were told those feelings caused lack of action. Obama claims to have changed the feelings yet there is no change in action. There is a word for that. It is called bullshit.

Quote:
State of Indiana objected in court based off the shortchanging of bondholders of which they were one.

Teachers, police officers and fire fighters are those terrible "speculators" who loaned out money by buying those bonds

No! Say it's not true!

Maybe I should have said has this happened in something other than a microcosmic sense! That doesn't make what you were saying a fact!

Quote:
To make it clear let me put it this way. The cost of the entire war in Iraq is still $130 billion less than the cost of the stimulus.

Let me put it this way. Iraq isn't the only boondoogle Bush created for the next administration.

Sheesh!

Quote:
So every bit of claimed financial loss blaimed on Bush for 8 years has been exceeded by Obama in one.

As I've said this happened on Bush's watch much as you'd like us to look past that!

Get this straight the money has to be spent because of Bush's fuckups!

You would have had us do nothing! The same thing ideology that got us into this.

You really need to stop harping on the same old things when they don't seem to be coming true or are just plain wrong.

There's the bullshit.

Ok. I'm going to stop bumping your thread now.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #25 of 261
I don't think anyone here has ever advocated doing "nothing" about the current state of affairs.

But I think it's foolish to justify what Obama is doing with: "at least he's doing something!"

Have you ever, for one moment, considered the possibility that what Obama is doing is NOT the best possible solution?

While countries around the world are LOWERING taxes to stimulate business and spending, Obama wants to raise taxes on business, and will eventually have to raise taxes on the middle class to pay for his massive spending. Not to mention the run-away inflation that will ensue because of all the money that is being printed out of thin air.

Seriously, just look beyond Obama's cult of personality for a moment and try to see why so many people are against what he is doing instead of dismissing them because you don't like what you hear.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #26 of 261
Oh golly, how can this be?

Big government spending programs are turning out to have the opposite of the intended effect?

Quote:
After Fed policymakers this spring said they would buy billions of dollars of government debt and more than $1 trillion of mortgage securities, 30-year fixed mortgage rates fell to 4.78 percent in April, the lowest since Freddie Mac started surveying rates in 1971.

Sales of new and existing homes began to trend higher. Mortgage refinancings also jumped, allowing borrowers to lock in lower rates. Fee income from this activity helped lift profits at many battered banks and gave consumers more disposable income to spend, which helped lift their confidence about the economy's prospects. All that was good for the nation's businesses.

But now, surging mortgage rates are threatening to undermine all that. Seventy percent of refinancing activity could be knocked out as rates close in on 5.5 percent, according to Mark Hanson, a managing director at the independent research firm Field Check Group of Menlo Park, Calif.

That's because homeowners wouldn't get much of a benefit if a refinancing only reduces monthly payments a tiny bit while they are stuck paying closing costs that typically run about 2 percent of the loan amount.

Also, many homeowners who wanted to refinance didn't lock in the super-low rates in April when the refi boom took off. "Half the deals in the pipeline are dead," Hanson said. "People were applying to refinance to improve their situation, but now they are seeing it won't be much improved."

All this means that even though mortgage rates are still low by historical standards, many of the trends that seem to be pointing to economic recovery in recent months could be undone fast.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #27 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

But I think it's foolish to justify what Obama is doing with: "at least he's doing something!"

Have you ever, for one moment, considered the possibility that what Obama is doing is NOT the best possible solution?

Once one direction is taken, it precludes knowing what would have happened had another direction been decided upon...so, we'll never know if another plan would have worked better or not.

In my opinion, the driving force behind the bulk of the problems that face the US economy is one of perception. Homes are worth what someone thinks they are worth when they offer to buy them, and if people think they're worth less, they'll offer less. Same goes for stocks and such.

When the president does adopt a plan and puts the country on a path, gaining consumer confidence is the most important component necessary to obtain recovery, and that will allow the perception of success to turn into reality.

It takes confidence in the president... and by doing "something", it allows others to believe.

It's not what I would have wished would have been done - I would have gained confidence had the president suggested aid would be available to people in need and not the corporations that followed poor business practices and let the economic situation equalize on it's own, but that's me. Many are confident in the president, and that's what it's going to take.
post #28 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Once one direction is taken, it precludes knowing what would have happened had another direction been decided upon...so, we'll never know if another plan would have worked better or not.

In my opinion, the driving force behind the bulk of the problems that face the US economy is one of perception. Homes are worth what someone thinks they are worth when they offer to buy them, and if people think they're worth less, they'll offer less. Same goes for stocks and such.

When the president does adopt a plan and puts the country on a path, gaining consumer confidence is the most important component necessary to obtain recovery, and that will allow the perception of success to turn into reality.

It takes confidence in the president... and by doing "something", it allows others to believe.

It's not what I would have wished would have been done - I would have gained confidence had the president suggested aid would be available to people in need and not the corporations that followed poor business practices and let the economic situation equalize on it's own, but that's me. Many are confident in the president, and that's what it's going to take.

The problems with the economy are much more than perception. The government keeps becoming the answer to itself as the problem and declares it must reallocate the resources it caused to be misallocated with bad policy. It is becoming a negative feedback loop and the result is amplifying which is why the numbers are getting huge so quickly.

That said the media is becoming ridiculous in their desire to bail out Obama.

I kid you not, according to the L.A. Times, unemployment has now official become "Funemployment."

Anyone else feel like vomiting on their shoes at the sheer audacity of the media to spin reality for their messiah?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #29 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The problems with the economy are much more than perception. The government keeps becoming the answer to itself as the problem and declares it must reallocate the resources it caused to be misallocated with bad policy. It is becoming a negative feedback loop and the result is amplifying which is why the numbers are getting huge so quickly.

That said the media is becoming ridiculous in their desire to bail out Obama.

I kid you not, according to the L.A. Times, unemployment has now official become "Funemployment."

Anyone else feel like vomiting on their shoes at the sheer audacity of the media to spin reality for their messiah?

That's a bit of a spin from you though. I don't think the LA Times is trying to make out high job losses are a good thing. The fact is that some people are in a position to at least enjoy some of their time outside of work and give their time to voluntary work that they might not have had time for whilst employed. Studies have shown that generally the benefits of working longer hours in the US in comparison to Europe Are that an American will own a larger boat, more expensive car or house over their European counterparts. But, their more stressed out and unhealthy and have less time to enjoy life and spend time with their family.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #30 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

That's a bit of a spin from you though. I don't think the LA Times is trying to make out high job losses are a good thing. The fact is that some people are in a position to at least enjoy some of their time outside of work and give their time to voluntary work that they might not have had time for whilst employed. Studies have shown that generally the benefits of working longer hours in the US in comparison to Europe Are that an American will own a larger boat, more expensive car or house over their European counterparts. But, their more stressed out and unhealthy and have less time to enjoy life and spend time with their family.

No problem. I'm sure you'll be able to find a comparable "funemployment" type article from the time Bush was in office, of from a time when any Republican was holding the leadership position. Just go ahead and post it when you find it.

It's sort of like how gas prices have doubled since inauguration and when Bush was in office they only ever moved up because he was a greedy oil man helping his friends. Now of course they have doubled because... oh look, we don't need to look into oil jumping to $70 a barrel, we need to ask how Sasha and Malia like Paris.

I'll be happy to look at whatever news pieces you find examining the movement of oil and tying it to Obama action as well.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #31 of 261
Well whaddya know:

US Unemployment Rate Gallops Ahead of Expectations

I love this comment by an Obama Admin lackey, trying to make it look like EVERYONE agreed with the Obama Admin's predictions:

Quote:
"The economy clearly has gotten substantially worse from the initial predictions that were being made, not just by the White House, but by all of the private sector," said Austan Goolsbee.

Translation: it's not our fault. Pay no attention to that man in the White House.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #32 of 261
I love how the US recovered from Democratic rule in the last 8 years. What an awesome recovery. Everything is so healthy. Bush is the DOCTOR. So informed, so amazing, if I just could blow him. Currently Republicans have soooo much better plans for the US. They are so scientific and informed, so mainstream oh if I just could blow Rush and Newt. I would savor their super intelligent sperm.
post #33 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

No problem. I'm sure you'll be able to find a comparable "funemployment" type article from the time Bush was in office, of from a time when any Republican was holding the leadership position. Just go ahead and post it when you find it.

It's sort of like how gas prices have doubled since inauguration and when Bush was in office they only ever moved up because he was a greedy oil man helping his friends. Now of course they have doubled because... oh look, we don't need to look into oil jumping to $70 a barrel, we need to ask how Sasha and Malia like Paris.

I'll be happy to look at whatever news pieces you find examining the movement of oil and tying it to Obama action as well.

Did a search and haven't come up with anything. I did find this in my Safari history though. Written by Eliott Spitzer whilst he was governor, Feb 14th 2008, less than one month before the sex scandal broke. Published in The Washington Post.

"But the unanimous opposition of the 50 states did not deter, or even slow, the Bush administration in its goal of protecting the banks. In fact, when my office opened an investigation of possible discrimination in mortgage lending by a number of banks, the OCC filed a federal lawsuit to stop the investigation.


The OCC also promulgated new rules that prevented states from enforcing any of their own consumer protection laws against national banks. The federal government's actions were so egregious and so unprecedented that all 50 state attorneys general, and all 50 state banking superintendents, actively fought the new rules."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021302783.html
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #34 of 261
Thread Starter 
Not quite sure how Spitzer = funemployment but um...whatever.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #35 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Not quite sure how Spitzer = funemployment but um...whatever.

I did say I didn't find anything. The Spitzer thing was to show how craptastic Bush was.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #36 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I did say I didn't find anything. The Spitzer thing was to show how craptastic Bush was.

Ah, well in the meantime I'll be waiting for that "funemployment" article about how healthy it was for Republican leaders to put people out of work.

In the meantime we have some polls and they show some interesting trends.

June 2009

Quote:
Voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats on six out of 10 key issues, including the top issue of the economy.

Health Care: Dems +10
Education: Dems +7
Social Security: Dems +6
Abortion: Even
Economy: GOP + 6
Taxes: GOP +5
Iraq: GOP +8
Nat'l Security: GOP +15
Gov't Ethics: GOP +6
Immigration: GOP +14

June 2008

Quote:
Economy: Dems +14
Nat'l Security/War on Terror: Dems +3
Iraq: Dems +8
Gov't Ethics & Corruption: Dems +13
Health Care: Dems +17
Social Security: Dems +11
Education: Dems +16
Taxes: Dems +2
Immigration: Dems +4
Abortion: Dems +7

Republicans have gone from having advantages on ZERO out of ten issues to six out of ten.

The economy has been a 20 point swing and that wonderful Ethics and Corruption, 19 points toward the GOP.

Things are changing fast. I think Obama's popularity might really end up hurting the Democrats because, as we've even seen in the reasoning here, it masks and covers many deeper issues. People whether it be fear of having an -ism leveled at them or just a divergence of issues from person, it is clear that there are plenty of areas where they have disagreement with the president on issues even if they don't attach it to him personally yet.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #37 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Ah, well in the meantime I'll be waiting for that "funemployment" article about how healthy it was for Republican leaders to put people out of work.

In the meantime we have some polls and they show some interesting trends.

June 2009



June 2008



Republicans have gone from having advantages on ZERO out of ten issues to six out of ten.

The economy has been a 20 point swing and that wonderful Ethics and Corruption, 19 points toward the GOP.

Things are changing fast. I think Obama's popularity might really end up hurting the Democrats because, as we've even seen in the reasoning here, it masks and covers many deeper issues. People whether it be fear of having an -ism leveled at them or just a divergence of issues from person, it is clear that there are plenty of areas where they have disagreement with the president on issues even if they don't attach it to him personally yet.

Iraq?! What do these numbers mean?

Desperation in the Republican ranks, following twisted polling as a means for self delusional comfort
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #38 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Here is something that is pretty pathetic and annoying because no media source is likely to report on it today.



Pretty words only sucker people for so long.



Oh look.
post #39 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post



Oh look.

Ok. That was worth the bump!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #40 of 261
Polls. Pffft.

You folks are putting far too much faith in an American public that was dumb enough to elect Obama.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › When is the United States going to recover from Democratic Rule?